Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:27:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
litcoi

Activity: 35
Merit: 10

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:37:49 PM

It would be great for XMR to have tons of integration. Even if not, i think it won't die as long as the creatures of the night need to wash their illegal hacked gains.  Wink

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

It would be great for XMR to have tons of integration. Even if not, i think it won't die as long as the creatures of the night need to wash their illegal hacked gains.  Wink

Monero will not die until there will be a competition. That means it is guarantied till the end of mankind.  Open ledger gives your competitors way easier job. They see how much you pay your suppliers. They see how much you pay your employees. They see who are your customers.

Every company will want to keep this informations as a secret and will avoid using blockchains with open ledger for them.
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:46:39 PM

XMR I like a lot, it hasn't been so pumped like other coins. Its value was 0.016 and now it is about 0.25, still much room.

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:59:18 PM

XMR I like a lot, it hasn't been so pumped like other coins. Its value was 0.016 and now it is about 0.25, still much room.
Where have you been in the last year? It has gone from single digit numbers to triple digit numbers, although not to say it isn’t worth 100+.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:13:47 PM

https://cryptofundamental.com/are-webminers-the-microtransaction-dream-realized-bd0e472ea7b0

I think we've got a killer app on our hands, this will disrupt so many aspects of the web from ads to captchas. It will be pretty ironic that Monero will accomplish mass adoption by these means when shitcoins like ethereum tried everything with their smart contracts and it was Monero and the vilified PoW that made mainstream with solid utility.

Indeed a very interesting development, I would definitely enable it on certain websites in exchange for no ads (I currently block all ads even on websites I support because of the possibility of malware and a general aversion against advertising).

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

https://cryptofundamental.com/are-webminers-the-microtransaction-dream-realized-bd0e472ea7b0

I think we've got a killer app on our hands, this will disrupt so many aspects of the web from ads to captchas. It will be pretty ironic that Monero will accomplish mass adoption by these means when shitcoins like ethereum tried everything with their smart contracts and it was Monero and the vilified PoW that made mainstream with solid utility.

Indeed a very interesting development, I would definitely enable it on certain websites in exchange for no ads (I currently block all ads even on websites I support because of the possibility of malware and a general aversion against advertising).

coin-hive's fee is brutal at 30% though, wasm mining needs some competition.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 07:18:31 PM

There are already specific plugins for Chrome (No Coin) and Firefox (CoinBlock 1.0) to block coin-hive. The adblockers will soon also block the js coin miners by default. Don't really see coin-hive having much traction long term consumers will not stand for it.

garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 07:33:18 PM

There are already specific plugins for Chrome (No Coin) and Firefox (CoinBlock 1.0) to block coin-hive. The adblockers will soon also block the js coin miners by default. Don't really see coin-hive having much traction long term consumers will not stand for it.

That's irrelevant, you give incentive to people to want to javascript mine, for premium access time, game items, whatever. It's for websites with large userbase. You don't stealth mine in background like a fucking asshole raping their cpus and wasting their power while they have no idea what is going on.

And it is working pr0gramm.com users mined 5k usd worth of monero in just a week.

Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:37:35 PM

One exception might be charities. Visitors to the home page of their favorite charity might well be motivated to run the miner. Leave the miner running in one tab and continue browsing in the others. It's easy for the user, satisfies their moral obligations, and raises money for the charity. it's a win-win. I've no idea of how much is involved but ten thousand browsers running the miner on the home page of a chancer charity would raise a few bucks, surely?

If Monero could develop their own miner it could be donated to charities - all proceed go to them with no middle man.

"Give to your favorite charity, courtesy of Monero - the private currency. For further information visit getmonero.org"

Baguette Holder.
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:51:02 PM

The world's popular torrent download website, The Pirate Bay, has recently been caught generating revenue by secretly utilizing CPU power of its millions of visitors to mine a Bitcoin alternative called Monero without their knowledge.

Source: http://thehackernews.com/2017/09/pirate-bay-cryptocurrency-mining.html

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 07:53:04 PM

The world's popular torrent download website, The Pirate Bay, has recently been caught generating revenue by secretly utilizing CPU power of its millions of visitors to mine a Bitcoin alternative called Monero without their knowledge.

Source: http://thehackernews.com/2017/09/pirate-bay-cryptocurrency-mining.html

Assholes, twitter traffic should monetize nicely with Miley Cyrus nudes endlessly buffering while mining.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:14:31 PM

11% of web users run ad blockers. Enough to pay attention to but not enough to dramatically change anything. Source https://pagefair.com/blog/2017/adblockreport/

Others have noted cases where users may voluntarily run it, to earn reward points, etc. Smarter sites will likely limit CPU usage to <100% so users don't find the page annoying and close it.

It is an interesting development, though we are in the early stages still.
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:40:40 PM

11% of web users run ad blockers. Enough to pay attention to but not enough to dramatically change anything. Source https://pagefair.com/blog/2017/adblockreport/

Others have noted cases where users may voluntarily run it, to earn reward points, etc.

It is an interesting development, though we are in the early stages still.

Not sure it will be regarded as legitimate. Remember this? https://www.wired.com/2014/09/mit-students-face-aggressive-subpoena-demanding-source-code-bitcoin-mining-tool/

It wont be regarded as legitimate since some retards working for uncle sam subpoenaed a student project? Fail to see the logic in that

Anyway monero is far superior for mining in browser than bitcoin, the nethash rate at this time is "only" 248,380,000 that's "just" 24.8 million browsers doing 10 h/s

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:30:24 PM

I think this is hinting at something much deeper here. Something far more profound. Yea yea monetizing websites without add blocker. Don't get me wrong that is cool. But did he just say practical micro-payments!? By doing proof of work for the benefit of someone else you can send small amounts of value to anyone you want for any reason you want for ~0 transaction cost. The scope of this surely must be greater than the article alludes to.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 11:37:36 PM

I think this is hinting at something much deeper here. Something far more profound. Yea yea monetizing websites without add blocker. Don't get me wrong that is cool. But did he just say practical micro-payments!? By doing proof of work for the benefit of someone else you can send small amounts of value to anyone you want for any reason you want for ~0 transaction cost. The scope of this surely must be greater than the article alludes to.
It's far from ~0 transaction cost, they skim 30% of the hashes.

Fair Payouts

We pay per solved hash. The payout rate is adjusted automatically every few hours based on the global difficulty of the network and the average reward per block. The payout rate is calculated like this:

(<solved_hashes>/<global_difficulty>) * <block_reward> * 0.7

With the current network difficulty of 28.963G (updated Sep 19, 2017 - 19:39:40 GMT) and average block reward of 6.82 XMR:

(<solved_hashes>/28962598531) * 6.82 XMR * 0.7   = 0.000165 XMR per 1M hashes

I.e. you get 70% of the average XMR we earn. Unlike a traditional mining pool, this rate is fixed, regardless of actual blocks found and the luck involved finding them. We keep 30% for us to operate this service and to (hopefully) turn a profit.

We try to run this service with as much transparency as possible. If your users solve hashes, you get paid. Period. The minimum payout threshold is 0.5 XMR (~$43).

Please understand that we are still testing the waters. At the moment all payouts have to be approved manually from our side, but we promise to do so at least once a day. We will offer automatic payments down the line, once we have determined that our systems are stable and sound.
I find it hilarious they captioned this "Fair payouts"

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:40:22 PM

It's far from ~0 transaction cost, they skim 30% of the hashes.

I'm talking about a grander scope and you are drilling down on one specific implementation of the idea by one specific firm. Kind of going in the opposite direction of what I had in mind there.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
SolarStorm

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:44:05 PM

One exception might be charities. Visitors to the home page of their favorite charity might well be motivated to run the miner. Leave the miner running in one tab and continue browsing in the others. It's easy for the user, satisfies their moral obligations, and raises money for the charity. it's a win-win. I've no idea of how much is involved but ten thousand browsers running the miner on the home page of a chancer charity would raise a few bucks, surely?

If Monero could develop their own miner it could be donated to charities - all proceed go to them with no middle man.

"Give to your favorite charity, courtesy of Monero - the private currency. For further information visit getmonero.org"

This is a good idea. getmonero.org could have a page on the site where people can choose to mine for a while for a certain charity.  It would be a really good marketing stunt  Grin
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:47:27 PM

Guys i dont know what  to do with my moneros, i dont know if should i wait until it recovers to $150, or just dump them now that the price is a little bit quiet, i only have 1,50 monero's, but i think it is more profitable if i sell them and buy any other cheap alts that are so down right now, almost all the market is bleeding at the moment.
I dont know what to do

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 11:48:25 PM

Guys i dont know what  to do with my moneros, i dont know if should i wait until it recovers to $150, or just dump them now that the price is a little bit quiet, i only have 1,50 monero's, but i think it is more profitable if i sell them and buy any other cheap alts that are so down right now, almost all the market is bleeding at the moment.
I dont know what to do

Jerk off.

Bitcoin is taking punches, monero is not immune to it, do whatever you want, sell now and take a loss, all alts are dropping.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

Guys i dont know what  to do with my moneros, i dont know if should i wait until it recovers to $150, or just dump them now that the price is a little bit quiet, i only have 1,50 monero's, but i think it is more profitable if i sell them and buy any other cheap alts that are so down right now, almost all the market is bleeding at the moment.
I dont know what to do

If I only had a couple of hundred dollars to invest I would personally be looking for substantially greater risk assets with greater upside. But that's just me. I would hit the pavement and get to reading new whitepapers. Lots of new whitepapers. As many as I could get my hands on.

Pages: « 1 ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: