Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:17:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 03:48:54 PM

Hey, everyone! I sent ~530 GEMZ that I bought from Polo to my GetGems wallet address as a test. They're there! Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:36:27 PM

@Peled

I tried to update the app. It hangs endlessly after I put my initial passphrase. I deinstalled it and updated it to the newest version. It just says "working" for hours... Help please.

karmala

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Demotruk

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:41:58 PM

At what time does the airdrop happen? My referrals now show up in the wallet but I don't seem to have gotten anything from airdrop.
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:51:46 PM

this app seems cool
how is it running? p2p? if you create an account inside the app, is that native or server hosted? same for the profile pics

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:16:13 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 08:30:51 PM by Netnox

Will the iOS screenshot teaser also be implemented on Android or is there always some interface differences?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:41:22 PM

Will the iOS screenshot teaser also be implemented on Android or is there always some interface differences?

They're already implemented on Android (you can log-out and check)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

Alright, i've iOS will check on someone else Android thanks. Any plans for a desktop version in the near future?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:55:47 PM

Alright, i've iOS will check on someone else Android thanks. Any plans for a desktop version in the near future?

Yes  Smiley
Odsejen

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:35:39 PM

the app looks not bad, but i have problems with inviting people.
I tried it before the update and the person which installed the app, can choose a name to refer.
After the update, there is no possibility to name a referrer and also the step, where you get
your wallet (counterparty) passphrase is missing.
How can i easily give a referrer name when a new person is installing getgems (or is it not possible anymore,
if the person had already installed telegram?), i don't want to send invitations, i just want the option that
the person can type a name to refer, after installing the app.

The referrer options provided by GetGems pre-fills your username into the link you send to your contact. https://api.getgems.org/r/?r=Daruhshie is what mine looks like. I presume you can just change it using your username and it should work.
You can find your counterparty wallet pass phrase under settings > pass phrase recovery.

Ok, but i am missing the option to just write the name of my invitant (as the (or some) version(s) before), when i am making a fresh installing of the app.
You mean the program not shows anymore your passphrase in the beginning (when i making a fresh installing)?

PS: There should be an overview of referall possibilites and fitting links etc... ( to the developers), not every interested person have time to read and search hours of hours,
just to be sure that i'm doing it right.

It now works via the invitation link where it is pre-filled as far as I know. Which makes it more convenient. You don't have to run after all your contacts to remind them to use your name during install, your name was registered when your contact downloaded the app via your invitation link.. Still buggy because none of my personally verified invites + installs did not get added to my referals. (bugg report submitted)

During install a new pass phrase is auto created, it won''t be shown while you are in the middle of your install but your can find it in settings > pass phrase recovery once you finish your install.

Ok thank you that makes it clearer, but i want the option back, where you can write your invitators name directly into the app, when i start it the first time.
I am an oldy and don't want to adapt to invitation links (or facebook or twitter or whatever, i just want to use the messenger app in a old school way and
only because i'm stuck in cryptos  Grin ).
And where can i find a link to the referral options provided by getgems?

Tap upper left where the drop down menu shows up and tap 'invite friends', there you can send them links through viber, whatsapp, Facebook, twitter and any other messaging app you have installed.

There is also an option in the wallet section on the upper right with the puppet + icon which invites friends from telegram which you can just select which friends you want to chose and next to the puppet + icon is a Facebook messenger icon which you can select users from your friends list to send them invitation link.

Inviting through 'invite friends' option with Facebook makes a status update on your Facebook profile and inviting through the Facebook messenger icon in 'wallet' lets you chose Facebook friends whom you want to invite.

- Although i get the message not sent when inviting through the Facebook messenger icon in 'wallet'.

Yes i got it, but what i don't understand is, why they removed the easiest way of adding a referall (invitator). As example i convinced some of my contacts (only a very few are using a smartphone)
to install it, i expected the possibility to add my name at the beginning, but it was not possible anymore and now he has the app but without my invitation and deinstall and reinstall again, makes no
difference, so i'm already quite annoyed that i have no possibility anymore to gain the referral airdrop.
So it is a nice app, but for me it is now uninteresting.

- Odsejen LISK Delegate - Vote for Odsejen - LISK-forum / more info
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:46:48 PM

I tried it before the update and the person which installed the app, can choose a name to refer.
After the update, there is no possibility to name a referrer and also the step, where you get
How can i easily give a referrer name when a new person is installing getgems (or is it not possible anymore,
if the person had already installed telegram?), i don't want to send invitations, i just want the option that

The referrer options provided by GetGems pre-fills your username into the link you send to your contact. https://api.getgems.org/r/?r=Daruhshie is what mine looks like. I presume you can just change it using your username and it should work.
You can find your counterparty wallet pass phrase under settings > pass phrase recovery.

Ok, but i am missing the option to just write the name of my invitant (as the (or some) version(s) before), when i am making a fresh installing of the app.
You mean the program not shows anymore your passphrase in the beginning (when i making a fresh installing)?

PS: There should be an overview of referall possibilites and fitting links etc... ( to the developers), not every interested person have time to read and search hours of hours,

It now works via the invitation link where it is pre-filled as far as I know. Which makes it more convenient. You don't have to run after all your contacts to remind them to use your name during install, your name was registered when your contact downloaded the app via your invitation link.. Still buggy because none of my personally verified invites + installs did not get added to my referals. (bugg report submitted)

During install a new pass phrase is auto created, it won''t be shown while you are in the middle of your install but your can find it in settings > pass phrase recovery once you finish your install.

Ok thank you that makes it clearer, but i want the option back, where you can write your invitators name directly into the app, when i start it the first time.
I am an oldy and don't want to adapt to invitation links (or facebook or twitter or whatever, i just want to use the messenger app in a old school way and

Tap upper left where the drop down menu shows up and tap 'invite friends', there you can send them links through viber, whatsapp, Facebook, twitter and any other messaging app you have installed.

There is also an option in the wallet section on the upper right with the puppet + icon which invites friends from telegram which you can just select which friends you want to chose and next to the puppet + icon is a Facebook messenger icon which you can select users from your friends list to send them invitation link.

Inviting through 'invite friends' option with Facebook makes a status update on your Facebook profile and inviting through the Facebook messenger icon in 'wallet' lets you chose Facebook friends whom you want to invite.

- Although i get the message not sent when inviting through the Facebook messenger icon in 'wallet'.

Yes i got it, but what i don't understand is, why they removed the easiest way of adding a referall (invitator). As example i convinced some of my contacts (only a very few are using a smartphone)
to install it, i expected the possibility to add my name at the beginning, but it was not possible anymore and now he has the app but without my invitation and deinstall and reinstall again, makes no
difference, so i'm already quite annoyed that i have no possibility anymore to gain the referral airdrop.

We haven't removed the referral screen.

This is how it currently works:

If a new GetGems users (new phone number) downloads the application the referral screen will appear [if he used a unique referral link the referrer name will be automatically pre-filled, if he hasn't used a unique referral link the referrer name will be empty].

If the system already recognizes the user the referral screen will not appear because another user was already rewarded for the invite.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

I don't understand this part can someone elaborate?

NOTE: Your existing In-App GEMZ will need to be transferred to the off-chain address using https://counterwallet.io/ for the GEMZ to be displayed by the App.

I have 2 referrals, but the app shows 0 Gems, does it have something to do with the quote above?

This should be fixed now, let us know if there is still a problem.
Odsejen

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:53:52 PM

If a new GetGems users (new phone number) downloads the application the referral screen will appear [if he used a unique referral link the referrer name will be automatically pre-filled, if he hasn't used a unique referral link the referrer name will be empty].

If the system already recognizes the user the referral screen will not appear because another user was already rewarded for the invite.

Ok strange, but i tried it and there was no referral screen, the user had already installed telegram before, could that be the issue (he got no invitation link or similar)?

- Odsejen LISK Delegate - Vote for Odsejen - LISK-forum / more info
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:56:55 PM

Ok strange, but i tried it and there was no referral screen, the user had already installed telegram before, could that be the issue (he got no invitation link or similar)?

No, it doesn't matter if he installed Telegram before. We need to know your friends GetGems username. Sent you a PM
chrislen

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:09:13 PM

For some reason I can't log into my account anymore? when I enter my secret phrase, it will say "Working..." but then stops and doesn't enter my account.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:12:44 PM

For some reason I can't log into my account anymore? when I enter my secret phrase, it will say "Working..." but then stops and doesn't enter my account.

Sent you a PM
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:16:58 PM

Mine doing the same thing.  The secret phrase is our 12 word password right?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:22:38 PM

Mine doing the same thing.  The secret phrase is our 12 word password right?

Yes. Sent you a PM
Slavisa

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:40:08 PM

Daniel,
referrals and total gems display are OK.
I have in wallet "gems earned" 350 :-) but in blockscan Assets Holder List http://blockscan.com/assetholders?p=0&q=GEMZ there is only my initial volume of gems (sent from Counterwallet.io to new in-app GEMZ address). I should have in blockscan in-app GEMS address my initial amount + "gems earned". Is this a bug?
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:48:58 PM

Just curious if the referral system is adding people who downloaded directly without a referral name yet?

If not how will it work, will we see random adds on our referral count?
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:32:03 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 02:51:51 PM by reRaise

Daniel,
referrals and total gems display are OK.
I have in wallet "gems earned" 350 :-)

I got my Gems from referrals aswell, 350 Gems is like 20k bits which is awesome, i think Gems gives you the most back for basically free than any other coin does. Coinbase started to give out just 100 bits for new sign ups, with Gems if u have a decent social network you get pretty cool returns.

Also i think it's not just referrals, there is also a contribution score which i don't know if live yet?
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: