Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368501 times)
voodoo1967

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:03:39 AM

bot out of LTCD

and for SkyValeey :

there is a rich list that can be used like an a block explorer :
the block explorer can be substitute with
this sistem :
http://www.richlist.eu/litecoindark/stats/walletaddress
and reports even the transaction correctly

not up to date lol my wallet has more in it then what it says lol
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
voodoo1967

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:05:52 AM

Hi troll by fire whats up with the block explorer did I miss an announcement on it. some one asked earlier that's all thanks. Smiley
yeahright

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:06:41 AM

I'm still holding mine and will not sell.  This drop in price I'm just picking up 20k daily. 

Troll any word on when the Linux/Mac wallets will be updated?
flapman1

Activity: 142

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:09:12 AM

I bloody well told you guys you'd pissed off the gypsies.  7am in Romania now Sunday morning everyone's hung over and boss wants to know if they finished messing with those gadje.  Boss leaves, tap, tap, tap: dump, dump dump.  Call me FUD if you will, price is lowest now since Sept. 9th.  I guess it must be "weak hands", "the calm before the storm", "whales sucking up cheap coins". "a good buying opportunity". etc. Yes, of course it is one of those ... Go watch "Wolf of Wall Street" again and come up with more BS to explain where your money flew off to. Always one or two diots who will "hodl to the end". Titanic's captain was one of those.  That worked out well, didn't it?
Angora

Activity: 241

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:10:16 AM

Someone had said that the coin is tax free.  Well, the answer to that is in the USA it IS taxable ONLY when sold.

In the USA, the crypto coins fall under the jurisdiction of the IRS and FinCEN. 
FinCEN ruled that if you mine the coin and sell/use it for personal use (i.e. buy goods/services with the coin or via converted coin to usd) no license is needed.
All other types of xfers requires Money Transfer Business license (i.e. yu would be treated as a trader and would need to be licensed like exchanges are).

As for the IRS; income from the coin is taxable ONLY when it is sold and is treated like gambling income.

I've researched this as I am a  tax preparer.

I suspect the EU has similar laws.

LINKS please, to prove your point. Otherwise it means nothing...
(Site the specific IRS announcement or statutes, etc...)

Here are the links.

http://www.irs.gov/irb/2014-16_IRB/ar12.html
http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/rp/rulings/pdf/FIN-2014-R001.pdf
voodoo1967

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:13:01 AM

I Thought kids were suppose to be in bed and not on the net hmm
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 04:19:46 AM

I'm still holding mine and will not sell.  This drop in price I'm just picking up 20k daily.  

I have my mac set up and ready to compile the osx client.  I want a more general purpose linux binary as the ones I've compiled have been coming from a 64 bit arch system, and it seems like the majority of users are running on debian wheezy (on which it is already difficult for the average user to get a compile going) and I'm thinking of releasing debs along with the flat binaries.

The first priority is fixing this overly complex build system to simplify the release cycle.

warning: opinion following
I really don't understand how the crypto community (majority) can just keep cloning bitcoin/litecoin sources and patching "features" into it.  The current build system works great for one or two projects, but when you've got hundreds of altcoins out there all with different library dependencies (all based on when they were forked from whatevercoin) it becomes a mess keeping up with all of it.  We have to fix this as in my opinion, it only serves to help keep this codebase an unmaintainable mess of largely undocumented disorganized code.

I bloody well told you guys you'd pissed off the gypsies.  7am in Romania now Sunday morning everyone's hung over and boss wants to know if they finished messing with those gadje.  Boss leaves, tap, tap, tap: dump, dump dump.  Call me FUD if you will, price is lowest now since Sept. 9th.  I guess it must be "weak hands", "the calm before the storm", "whales sucking up cheap coins". "a good buying opportunity". etc. Yes, of course it is one of those ... Go watch "Wolf of Wall Street" again and come up with more BS to explain where your money flew off to. Always one or two diots who will "hodl to the end". Titanic's captain was one of those.  That worked out well, didn't it?

And you've also surely read my statement on the matter.  TL;DR - People in this thread need to chill out, on both sides of the issue.  I never insulted anyone, nor did anyone on the team.  Some of our supporters surely did, but it isn't my place to apologize for them, and I will not.  They are as entitled to their opinions as you are, regardless of how furious it makes anyone else, but that does not excuse personal attacks from anyone.

That said, I stand by my statement that the price is irrelevant.  I'm not trying to make money here, so I couldn't care less if the price dropped to 1 satoshi.  I'm trying to write code that could potentially strengthen crypto as a whole.  While I don't agree with the majority of what you say, and have seen quite a bit of FUD from you in the past, I am seriously angry with the personal attacks that you have received and stand firm with you on that matter.

Basically this: I don't have to like you or what you say to respect you.  I just wish the entire community, on both sides, would drop the childishness and focus on what we're trying to accomplish here.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 04:20:56 AM

I Thought kids were suppose to be in bed and not on the net hmm

I understand what you're trying to do, and thank you for it, but this isn't helping.  Just let it go, it isn't worth it and adds nothing constructive to the conversation.

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:26:37 AM

Don't feed the trolls.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
xX_otto_Xx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:33:20 AM

Is there a Multipool Operator out there willing to setup a Multipool that mines sha256d, scrypt, x11, x13,  and payout in LTCD, I believe there still a Bounty here for that, If so please get intouch. And thank you Trollbyfire for the reply on PoS, I know you have put alot of work into to this and we appreciate it.
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:45:24 AM

I'm still holding mine and will not sell.  This drop in price I'm just picking up 20k daily.  

I have my mac set up and ready to compile the osx client.  I want a more general purpose linux binary as the ones I've compiled have been coming from a 64 bit arch system, and it seems like the majority of users are running on debian wheezy (on which it is already difficult for the average user to get a compile going) and I'm thinking of releasing debs along with the flat binaries.

The first priority is fixing this overly complex build system to simplify the release cycle.

warning: opinion following
I really don't understand how the crypto community (majority) can just keep cloning bitcoin/litecoin sources and patching "features" into it.  The current build system works great for one or two projects, but when you've got hundreds of altcoins out there all with different library dependencies (all based on when they were forked from whatevercoin) it becomes a mess keeping up with all of it.  We have to fix this as in my opinion, it only serves to help keep this codebase an unmaintainable mess of largely undocumented disorganized code.

I bloody well told you guys you'd pissed off the gypsies.  7am in Romania now Sunday morning everyone's hung over and boss wants to know if they finished messing with those gadje.  Boss leaves, tap, tap, tap: dump, dump dump.  Call me FUD if you will, price is lowest now since Sept. 9th.  I guess it must be "weak hands", "the calm before the storm", "whales sucking up cheap coins". "a good buying opportunity". etc. Yes, of course it is one of those ... Go watch "Wolf of Wall Street" again and come up with more BS to explain where your money flew off to. Always one or two diots who will "hodl to the end". Titanic's captain was one of those.  That worked out well, didn't it?

And you've also surely read my statement on the matter.  TL;DR - People in this thread need to chill out, on both sides of the issue.  I never insulted anyone, nor did anyone on the team.  Some of our supporters surely did, but it isn't my place to apologize for them, and I will not.  They are as entitled to their opinions as you are, regardless of how furious it makes anyone else, but that does not excuse personal attacks from anyone.

That said, I stand by my statement that the price is irrelevant.  I'm not trying to make money here, so I couldn't care less if the price dropped to 1 satoshi.  I'm trying to write code that could potentially strengthen crypto as a whole.  While I don't agree with the majority of what you say, and have seen quite a bit of FUD from you in the past, I am seriously angry with the personal attacks that you have received and stand firm with you on that matter.

Basically this: I don't have to like you or what you say to respect you.  I just wish the entire community, on both sides, would drop the childishness and focus on what we're trying to accomplish here.

It is funny to hear lines like "I really don't understand how the crypto community (majority) can just keep cloning bitcoin/litecoin sources and patching "features" into it." when this coin has done nothing to set itself apart.  The original "dev" stated they want this coin to be like BTCD and to just take parts from every other coin and that is about it.
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 04:54:36 AM

It is funny to hear lines like "I really don't understand how the crypto community (majority) can just keep cloning bitcoin/litecoin sources and patching "features" into it." when this coin has done nothing to set itself apart.  The original "dev" stated they want this coin to be like BTCD and to just take parts from every other coin and that is about it.

And if you'll note, that setting this one apart is exactly what I am trying to do.  When I got involved in this project it was as copy-paste as any other coin out there, and I was unhappy with it.  That's when I jumped onboard with my own unofficial fork of the sources and started working.

Since I've been working on the project itself, I have been meticulously ripping out and gutting the sources, even going as far as to completely scrap the version of the code that was released in the original version and re-fork litecoin.

Now I'm in the process of implementing a new base architecture to place atop the already existing blockchain to eliminate a direct lineage in the code from bitcoin at all.  As I stated, my unreleased 2nd gen crypto is getting a rewrite as LTCD 2.0.  Expect plenty of updates to our existing 1.1 version that everyone is using, but 2.0 is my end goal, and will be nothing short of a complete rewrite.

I keep saying this, but apparently no-one is listening.  I'm not doing this for the money.  I don't care about the markets.  I don't care about its valuation.  I'm not getting paid for this, and none of that means anything at all to me. I'm not holding enough LTCD to matter what happens to the price in the end.  And I see this as the best possible case.  If I'm not holding more than a few thousand LTCD I have no reason to deliver false promises and/or hype the coin, promote it and disappear.  Money is not my motivator.

With that said, you can see why I no longer care what happens to the market.  Demand will increase when there is something that can be done with the coin, not when something is simply promised.  The market will sort itself out or it won't. Those are the only two options, and my role in this project doesn't depend on the price moving in one direction or the other.

I am simply here to write code.

Thank you for your opinion.

xtent

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:59:14 AM

It is funny to hear lines like "I really don't understand how the crypto community (majority) can just keep cloning bitcoin/litecoin sources and patching "features" into it." when this coin has done nothing to set itself apart.  The original "dev" stated they want this coin to be like BTCD and to just take parts from every other coin and that is about it.

And if you'll note, that setting this one apart is exactly what I am trying to do.  When I got involved in this project it was as copy-paste as any other coin out there, and I was unhappy with it.  That's when I jumped onboard with my own unofficial fork of the sources and started working.

Since I've been working on the project itself, I have been meticulously ripping out and gutting the sources, even going as far as to completely scrap the version of the code that was released in the original version and re-fork litecoin.

Now I'm in the process of implementing a new base architecture to place atop the already existing blockchain to eliminate a direct lineage in the code from bitcoin at all.  As I stated, my unreleased 2nd gen crypto is getting a rewrite as LTCD 2.0.  Expect plenty of updates to our existing 1.1 version that everyone is using, but 2.0 is my end goal, and will be nothing short of a complete rewrite.

I appreciate that and think it is very necessary for this coin to go anywhere.  When I originally read the first page with posts that seems to not be there, it was first intended to try to copy others.  In these days original ideas are what make and break a coin and for that I thank you for understanding that and working towards something different.
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 05:02:48 AM

Apologies, I was still mid edit of my post when you replied, and while my post may seem a bit hotheaded, it was not intended as such.  Just a reminder to the community at large about what I am here for.

Thanks.

Also to elaborate further:  I have not received any type of bounty for my work.  I have received a total of ZERO in donations.  I have not asked for anything and only stated that if the original dev wanted to pay a bounty for the linux wallet (before I joined the team) I was willing to accept it.  Not that I was requesting it, and to date, my work for LTCD remains FREE of charge as it should imho.

All of this, and I am perfectly content to continue writing code for the project with or without monetary compensation.  I simply don't care about the money.

xtent

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:07:56 AM

Apologies, I was still mid edit of my post when you replied, and while my post may seem a bit hotheaded, it was not intended as such.  Just a reminder to the community at large about what I am here for.

Thanks.

I have no problem with your post, in fact I think it was perfect.  This is the type of thing I wanted to hear, but I do need to know, what motivates you since it is not the money?
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:08:52 AM

Is the total PoW duration roughly 2 months? So end of October, maybe into a bit of November?

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 05:11:48 AM

Thanks.

I have not problem with your post, in fact I think it was perfect.  This is the type of thing I wanted to hear, but I do need to know, what motivates you since it is not the money?

Honestly?  I'm tired of knock-offs and clones flooding the scene and fragmenting the blockchain as a whole.  I'm also OCD and hate boost with a passion.  I spent 14 months building a 2nd gen that I had no desire to release only to see, for one, if I could build one, second, to see if I could improve upon the current design and architecture.

Finally, my 2nd gen was designed to eliminate the monolithic nature of the "altcoin clone wallet" and separate each of its primary functionalities into independent, modular services.

In sort, it's all about the tech.  It's a hobby, and I find it fun.

xtent

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:17:34 AM

Thanks.

I have not problem with your post, in fact I think it was perfect.  This is the type of thing I wanted to hear, but I do need to know, what motivates you since it is not the money?

Honestly?  I'm tired of knock-offs and clones flooding the scene and fragmenting the blockchain as a whole.  I'm also OCD and hate boost with a passion.  I spent 14 months building a 2nd gen that I had no desire to release only to see, for one, if I could build one, second, to see if I could improve upon the current design and architecture.

Finally, my 2nd gen was designed to eliminate the monolithic nature of the "altcoin clone wallet" and separate each of its primary functionalities into independent, modular services.

Bravo my friend, this is some of the best answers I have ever heard from a dev of a coin.
Will be adding to my bag, hope you show some other devs how it is done.
voodoo1967

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:18:14 AM

Thanks.

Keep up the great work and I hope you never lose interest and keep having fun  Grin
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 05:21:32 AM

Is the total PoW duration roughly 2 months? So end of October, maybe into a bit of November?

I have done no estimation as to how long PoW will continue to generate new coins.  PoS has not yet been implemented into this blockchain, and as such, PoW will continue until the max 82,003,200 coins are mined.  Personally, I would like to see PoW remain an option even after said total is reached in order to help process transactions and alow miners to collect tx fees.

I am also in a unique position where I have considered adding a 0% stake option to allow blocks to be minted with PoS but only granting tx fees to stakeholders at least within the primary wallet.

As far as percentages generated by the unfinished, unrelease, specialized staking wallet (savings wallet)  No concrete figures have been decided upon.  It will take a lot more research into how it will affect the coin with inflation, total coin supply, and how well it encourages saving, but not hoarding.  We want the coins moving and circulating, but circulation of coins won't serve to increase their value unless someone out there has a desire to hold and invest.  There will need to be people out there willing to save coins, and we need to define parameters that will allow both for active circulation as well as stored wealth.

(Repetitive and redundant explanation, I know.  it's late, and I'm staring at code that hasn't been commented well enough to satisfy my OCD need to document every class, member, method, function, variable, and define/macro.)

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: