Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:06:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 [910] 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350313 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 02:58:15 PM

I've been tracking the $19K on Blockchain.info...

It appears to be sitting in this address:

https://blockchain.info/address/177zMwve8Eqt8DgwZR4USyPHzeyrfQwSDm at time of posting with 8 confirmations.

I'm sure others on here are better able at finding who is behind this than I am -- but, it is easy enough to track.
I saw that also. 28btc sitting there.

I just bought some s9's using my keepkey wallet.
They send the BTC to a new address first to hide my keepkey address.
The confirmation box on google disappeared while it was transferring(my fat finger)
I send the BTC to bitmain again and it worked.
The 'lost' btc ended up still in the new keepkey transfer address.
If I just looked on the blockchain my main keepkey address was short 5btc.
It actually was still in the new keepkey transfer address.
If I looked at the keepkey balance using the actual keepkey all the BTC were there.
They were just sitting in two different addresses which were both keepkey addresses.
Went through a bunch of aspirin, valium, and tighty whiteys.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:13:49 PM

Too many large NH rentals again. Ugh.

@kano
My wallet has been hacked and all bitcoins stolen
Please send payout to my updated address on Kano.is for moecarrim
The current one 1CarrimxAWT62knwTnHWUavDPht5PJ8wKv has been hacked and all funds drained
Any money sent to this account is automatically stolen

This sucks...I think this is everyone's nightmare.  Which wallet were you using?

I had a vanity address that was made offline
So I can't understand how this happened
It doesn't make sense
I've been using that address for 5 months and suddenly all 30 of my BTC is gone.
And it was hard earned money and I don't know what to do.
Ang advice will be helpful?

My guess would be that you have a compromised computer somewhere.  It is far easier for someone with bad intentions to get some sort of malware on your computer than for them to "hack" anything.  You should be very careful that you don't just wind up giving them access to your new wallet addresses as well.

My wallets reside on a computer that does nothing else but hold wallets and most of the time that computer is turned off.  I have some web based wallets as well for "spending money" but if someone manages to get malware on my machine and steal my web based wallet passwords they only get the petty cash.
traxor

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:21:26 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 04:00:25 PM by traxor

I wish I was better at tracking -- it looks like a UK IP address (159.8.161.37) was used for the initial theft -- than an France IP (195.154.7.245) for the transfer.

Doing an upper level search -- all the way to 195.154.0.0 still shows the same owner -- 79 SPAM accounts use these IP's which means the owner is letting them be used for nefarious purposes. 

Huh Huh Huh
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:15:52 PM

Just got up and working on the first French press...really saddened to hear Moe's plight...even more so because it has happened to me back "in the day." I've got a ceiling IQ (which, when coupled with US$2 gets me a coffee at the local barista), been in professions integral to banking, LE, and IT for 50 years, and I still didn't have a good enough handle on things to not lose a bundle at Mt. Gox...a similar situation to Moe's, but on a much larger scale.

These are the elements I've noticed, at least, that lend to the risk of being hacked for your coin. The first (I know, I've said this many times) is using a third-party wallet...whether it's on someone else's system or your own. I use one wallet, the Core Client (actually I use three, but they're all on separate computers); the data files for each are not on the system drive, but on a separate "data only" drive. I NEVER keep coin in the wallet at an exchange or other such entity unless it's being used in a current transaction, and it will only be there for a few moments. My personal view is that third-party wallets that add bells and whistles for subaccounting, etc. essentially create more opportunities for hacking; I just use a LibreOffice database to track that sort of thing. You can, of course as I do, put multiple core client wallets on multiple machines (one on each, which appear as independent clients otherwise).  Encrypt your core wallet(s), so you have to use a strong password to take anything out of it...so that even if they get into your machine they'll not get the wallet contents.

The second is to dump Windows for Linux. There are so many holes in Winbloze (resulting from trying to be everything for everyone), so many ways for a blackhat to get into your system via malware, that IMHO it's become a labyrinthine behemoth. I switched to Linux (yeah, I know...why did I wait so long?) last year and have never looked back. It's not bulletproof, either, but a whole lot simpler and safer...and you don't need to run a bunch of malware/virus apps to secure it. I happen to use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS; Kano uses Red Hat; and there are a couple of other "flavors" that are just as good. If you use Windows, my recommendation for the past ten years has been to implement SpyBot Search & Destroy (the free home version is more than adequate) in tandem with Avast antivirus (again, the free version). If you're lazy and don't want to manually update your SpyBot files weekly, you can pay US$13.99 annually and it will do that part for you automatically (no, I don't work for SpyBot). From my experience (a lot of it over the past ten years especially...I'm the only experienced civilian data recovery/security serf on an island of 60,000) these two apps together provide a level of security (for free) in excess of any paid package I've seen yet.

I don't believe there's any way to get your coin back. That's hard...it does suck. Hang in there.  Kiss

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
860blue

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:49:50 PM

someone must have sent in the cooler. (movie ref)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:07:00 PM

this was probably asked before, difficult to find an answer.
In my blockchain.info wallet that i use for kano's pool there is a difference of about 0.127 BTC between what the wallet shows as the balance and what could be transferred out. Is this due to orphans and how they are presented in there? anyone?
hoosier_13

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:19:15 PM

Need some blocks!

Bitrated user: TICH13.
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:23:17 PM

In my blockchain.info wallet that i use for kano's pool there is a difference of about 0.127 BTC between what the wallet shows as the balance and what could be transferred out. Is this due to orphans and how they are presented in there? anyone?

I really don't know what exactly you're referring to, but I can say that most wallets will not transfer out unconfirmed coin. Has nothing to do with orphans, etc.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
moe7865

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:23:37 PM

@kano
The current one 1CarrimxAWT62knwTnHWUavDPht5PJ8wKv has been hacked and all funds drained

This sucks...I think this is everyone's nightmare.  Which wallet were you using?

It doesn't make sense
I've been using that address for 5 months and suddenly all 30 of my BTC is gone.

What wallet are you using?

Who has access to your wallet?

I feel for you man, 30 BTC is a lot of money.

Using a vanity address generated privately on my offline computer
No one has access to my wallet but me and I'm using block chain.
I know I'm really upset. That money was part of a business start up and also some were for my rentals.
At this rate I won't be able to carry on the business and the rentals until a solution is found or by a miracle the funds are recovered.
moe7865

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:25:34 PM

I wish I was better at tracking -- it looks like a UK IP address (159.8.161.37) was used for the initial theft -- than an France IP (195.154.7.245) for the transfer.

Doing an upper level search -- all the way to 195.154.0.0 still shows the same owner -- 79 SPAM accounts use these IP's which means the owner is letting them be used for nefarious purposes. 

Huh Huh Huh

Really sucks.
It's a lot for a teenager for me to lose.
That money didn't come easy and took a lot of work all to be snatched within a second.
Which doesn't make sense to me
fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:26:02 PM

Need some blocks!

Tell me about it...
moe7865

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:27:15 PM

Just got up and working on the first French press...really saddened to hear Moe's plight...even more so because it has happened to me back "in the day." I've got a ceiling IQ (which, when coupled with US$2 gets me a coffee at the local barista), been in professions integral to banking, LE, and IT for 50 years, and I still didn't have a good enough handle on things to not lose a bundle at Mt. Gox...a similar situation to Moe's, but on a much larger scale.

These are the elements I've noticed, at least, that lend to the risk of being hacked for your coin. The first (I know, I've said this many times) is using a third-party wallet...whether it's on someone else's system or your own. I use one wallet, the Core Client (actually I use three, but they're all on separate computers); the data files for each are not on the system drive, but on a separate "data only" drive. I NEVER keep coin in the wallet at an exchange or other such entity unless it's being used in a current transaction, and it will only be there for a few moments. My personal view is that third-party wallets that add bells and whistles for subaccounting, etc. essentially create more opportunities for hacking; I just use a LibreOffice database to track that sort of thing. You can, of course as I do, put multiple core client wallets on multiple machines (one on each, which appear as independent clients otherwise).  Encrypt your core wallet(s), so you have to use a strong password to take anything out of it...so that even if they get into your machine they'll not get the wallet contents.

The second is to dump Windows for Linux. There are so many holes in Winbloze (resulting from trying to be everything for everyone), so many ways for a blackhat to get into your system via malware, that IMHO it's become a labyrinthine behemoth. I switched to Linux (yeah, I know...why did I wait so long?) last year and have never looked back. It's not bulletproof, either, but a whole lot simpler and safer...and you don't need to run a bunch of malware/virus apps to secure it. I happen to use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS; Kano uses Red Hat; and there are a couple of other "flavors" that are just as good. If you use Windows, my recommendation for the past ten years has been to implement SpyBot Search & Destroy (the free home version is more than adequate) in tandem with Avast antivirus (again, the free version). If you're lazy and don't want to manually update your SpyBot files weekly, you can pay US$13.99 annually and it will do that part for you automatically (no, I don't work for SpyBot). From my experience (a lot of it over the past ten years especially...I'm the only experienced civilian data recovery/security serf on an island of 60,000) these two apps together provide a level of security (for free) in excess of any paid package I've seen yet.

I don't believe there's any way to get your coin back. That's hard...it does suck. Hang in there.  Kiss

Thanks man
fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:37:31 PM

@kano

This sucks...I think this is everyone's nightmare.  Which wallet were you using?

It doesn't make sense

So sorry to hear about that... Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a vanity address?
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:00:01 PM

You can send a small amount of BTC to the final address and add a special note Smiley

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
moe7865

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:02:40 PM

You can send a small amount of BTC to the final address and add a special note Smiley

Going to try that.
But don't want to give this a**hole anything else.
His taken enough
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

I really don't know what exactly you're referring to, but I can say that most wallets will not transfer out unconfirmed coin. Has nothing to do with orphans, etc.

no, there are no recent unconfirmed inputs. If there are, they probably correspond to kano's pool orphans and are buried so deep in the account, i will have to go down dozens of pages and sometimes that wallet prevents you from doing so. it sucks. my question was basically if someone else had the situation where blockchain.info wallet mishandle inputs from kano (probably reversed orphans)?
jstew

Activity: 469
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:20:54 PM

when are the last blocks going to be paid out?
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:29:02 PM

no, there are no recent unconfirmed inputs. If there are, they probably correspond to kano's pool orphans and are buried so deep in the account, i will have to go down dozens of pages and sometimes that wallet prevents you from doing so. it sucks. my question was basically if someone else had the situation where blockchain.info wallet mishandle inputs from kano (probably reversed orphans)?

I have a blockchain address as my payout from the pool and I don't have that issue.  I always drain my address when it gets above 1 BTC or so and never had a problem draining all of it when I wanted to, although sometimes I just do an even BTC for simplicity sake.  Seems to me that .127 is a pretty big discrepancy also.  Did you ever have a double spend sent your way by any chance?
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:39:43 PM

I have a blockchain address as my payout from the pool and I don't have that issue.  I always drain my address when it gets above 1 BTC or so and never had a problem draining all of it when I wanted to, although sometimes I just do an even BTC for simplicity sake.  Seems to me that .127 is a pretty big discrepancy also.  Did you ever have a double spend sent your way by any chance?

ahhh, this rings some kind of a tiny bell.
It was probably e---ius, from way back, sorry for bringing it up here.
Will try to see if i can locate the offending transaction.
Thanks.
firetreeactual
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

when are the last blocks going to be paid out?

Finding the next block will trigger the payout, which is done manually.

EDIT: When Kano gets up...it's 0428 in Kanoland at the moment.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 [910] 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: