Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 [861] 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350152 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:09:45 AM

Howdy folks.
Perhaps a dumb question that I think I already know the answer to...

I (finally) changed my worker names on my machines to "username.S7.1", "username.S7.2", etc. to better keep track of individual performance and to differentiate the machines when my S9 arrives next week.

On the "Workers" page it still has the old single username I was mining under. Does that drop off after 7 days as I think it will?

Thanks.

On to Block Sunday!

Eat moar chiken!  Grin

Yup.

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:10:06 AM

Howdy folks.

I (finally) changed my worker names on my machines to "username.S7.1", "username.S7.2", etc. to better keep track of individual performance and to differentiate the machines when my S9 arrives next week.

On the "Workers" page it still has the old single username I was mining under. Does that drop off after 7 days as I think it will?

Thanks.

On to Block Sunday!

Eat moar chiken!  Grin

It will if you set it to drop off after 7 days on the Workers->Management page

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:13:41 AM

Howdy folks.

Thanks.

On to Block Sunday!

Eat moar chiken!  Grin

Yup.

Thanks!

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
liveflipcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:57:47 AM

Are these red lights normal? Just got the S7's yesterday thanks!
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:53:06 AM

I should probably leave this for someone else w/more hands on with S7s. I have three, but all I remember about the LEDs was that I would see red lights flashing on and off as they ran...along with blue, yellow, etc. I used to joke that they could impersonate a Huey with emergency lighting...noisy as hell and looking like a 70s disco floor...but they're now in Labrador and I don't have to have a disco floor in my living room. Grin

Anyway...this is the link to the user manual, which is essentially useless in this instance. BiteMe includes absolutely no explanation of what the LEDs actually mean. The one thing you DO want to be careful of is not mixing two psu's on the same hash board, or trying to run the machine without the controller powered. I used two HP 1KW psu's w/breakouts, six plugs from one and four from the other. One powers boards 2 & 3, one powers board 1 and the controller.

https://enshop.bitmain.com/files/download/Antminer%20S7%20user%20guide.pdf

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:05:30 AM

I should probably leave this for someone else w/more hands on with S7s. I have three, but all I remember about the LEDs was that I would see red lights flashing on and off as they ran...along with blue, yellow, etc. I used to joke that they could impersonate a Huey with emergency lighting...noisy as hell and looking like a 70s disco floor...but they're now in Labrador and I don't have to have a disco floor in my living room. Grin

Anyway...this is the link to the user manual, which is essentially useless in this instance. BiteMe includes absolutely no explanation of what the LEDs actually mean. The one thing you DO want to be careful of is not mixing two psu's on the same hash board, or trying to run the machine without the controller powered. I used two HP 1KW psu's w/breakouts, six plugs from one and four from the other. One powers boards 2 & 3, one powers board 1 and the controller.

https://enshop.bitmain.com/files/download/Antminer%20S7%20user%20guide.pdf

Haha!  I have 9 S7s but I have never actually seen them in person.  I have no idea what they look or sound like in real life because they were all delivered directly to the hosting site at various times.  My only interaction with them is when I log into their cgminer interface and when I see them hashing away in the pool workers list.  Cheesy
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:06:41 AM

Howdy folks.

Thanks.

On to Block Sunday!

Eat moar chiken!  Grin

It will if you set it to drop off after 7 days on the Workers->Management page

Yes I do. Thanks!

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Crispyato

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:00:23 AM

Kano.  Can you make the coin machines put it interweb monies in my magic money wallets?   Maybe scramble luck interceptors.  I believe in your brain Shocked Cheesy
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:00:55 AM

Kano.  Can you make the coin machines put it interweb monies in my magic money wallets?   Maybe scramble luck interceptors.  I believe in your brain Shocked Cheesy

Hello crispy... do you mean kano pool to convert block rewards from BTC into currency to you bank account?

I don't think that possible without using Coinbase API to a 3rd party, as far as I know.

And 101 more others factor why this cannot be done easily, just thinking about it makes me dizzy.

Anyways, Kano pool is NOT a bank.

Afternote: you may mean BTC mixing before it goes into your wallet... anyways, your question is still vague and Google translator may not be always useful to translate your language to English. Perhaps if you can write it in your own language and get the forum members to translate - probably would be a better idea.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:05:49 AM

Kano.  Can you make the coin machines put it interweb monies in my magic money wallets?   Maybe scramble luck interceptors.  I believe in your brain Shocked Cheesy

Hello crispy... do you mean kano pool to convert block rewards from BTC into currency to you bank account?

I don't think that possible without using Coinbase API to a 3rd party, as far as I know.

And 101 more others factor why this cannot be done easily, just thinking about it makes me dizzy.

Afternote: you may mean BTC mixing before it goes into your wallet... anyways, your question is still vague and Google translator may not be always useful to translate your language to English. Perhaps if you can write it in your own language and get the forum members to translate - probably would be a better idea.

Reading Crispy's post it seems more like a joke, at least based on the wording I see.

"Magic interwebz monies", "luck interceptors"
Crispyato

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:08:53 AM

Nah.  I was just being silly, I'm drinking.  Thanks for the diligently helpful attempt to reply to it... Tongue
vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:09:31 AM

Reading Crispy's post it seems more like a joke, at least based on the wording I see.

i read it as:

"magic money wallets" = bitcoin address
"interweb monies" = digital currency
"coin machines" = miners
reference to cgminer.

"scramble luck interceptors" = deploy the chicken.

Crispyato

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:11:43 AM

Analysis successful.  Though I was half hoping Kano would be like actually I could scramble the luck interceptors.  I think I said that cause I'm playing Xcom...
Crispyato

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:12:08 AM

i read it as:

"magic money wallets" = bitcoin address
"interweb monies" = digital currency
"coin machines" = miners
reference to cgminer.

"scramble luck interceptors" = deploy the chicken.

Yes!
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:13:14 AM

Nah.  I was just being silly, I'm drinking.  Thanks for the diligently helpful attempt to reply to it... Tongue

LOL... crispy... you made my day - you are one funny guy - I could just imagine sharing a few mugs of beers and eating fried chicken wings with you.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Crispyato

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:23:23 AM

LOL... crispy... you made my day - you are one funny guy - I could just imagine sharing a few mugs of beers and eating fried chicken wings with you.
That would be fun man and I wish I had some chicken wings right now so hard
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:35:19 AM

Can anybody help me on some troubleshooting a S-7?
i have 4 S-7's and 3 hash fine 4.7-5.0 
1 will not pass 4.0
and i see that it is only hashing with 45 asics on each of the 3 boards, instead of the full 54. 
What do i check for to get all asics hashing?  Thanx guys, i know this isnt bitmain tech support
How do i attach photos? lol

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:38:41 AM

1 will not pass 4.0
and i see that it is only hashing with 45 asics on each of the 3 boards, instead of the full 54.  
What do i check for to get all asics hashing?  Thanx guys, i know this isnt bitmain tech support

hey chill,

you may want to visit the S7 thread.

your case is not uncommon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1165628.msg15357674#msg15357674

Crispyato

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:43:08 AM

1 will not pass 4.0
What do i check for to get all asics hashing?  Thanx guys, i know this isnt bitmain tech support

Are you feeding it plenty of power and cool air?  reboot miner from firmware, check temps
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:13:34 AM

Block!

Yeah I'm back baby. But I didn't find the block.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
Pages: « 1 ... 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 [861] 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: