Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:31:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350582 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:17:35 PM

Guys...not a noob here....my point is, pointed 50 terahashes at the pool when it was at 52ph, it is now in the mid 40s. Anyone with substantial hash has generators for backup as do I. The two week ramp up on major hash is killer as it takes away 25% of your earnings for the first month you mine. If one was to pull out of Kano they’d still get hash, I know that. It’s been that way for years. But what didn’t occur in years was only 1 block solve in half a months time. When you are not seeing the increase in hashrate and seeing an increase in round time, the only logical conclusion is to shorten ramp up/ramp down time. This does not incentivize anyone to point new hash here.

But you're here. What incentivized you? I had no incentives other than a recommendation and my own research into the pool. I don't see the point in incentivizing someone more than the small pool fee and community willing to help and answer questions. The amount of complaining is somewhat turning me off from the forum, but not the pool. If you want to incentivize people, quit discouraging them. I'm not saying you specifically, but there are others.

If all the posts are bitchy twats complaining about the blocks, then nobody is going to want to mine here. That's my take, though I've been wrong before.

What incentivized me? I personally have had Kano’s help in the past with my pool when it came to malicious miners and I am forever grateful for that. Of all the pool owners he seems to be the most honest/trustworthy and genuinely cares about the overall health of the network. I can not stand merge mining/high fees or the withholding of transaction fees to its miners. That brought me here. Not one complaint about luck/blocks etc just this ramp up ramp down is absurdly long.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
Yrth

Activity: 123
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:20:04 PM

Guys...not a noob here....my point is, pointed 50 terahashes at the pool when it was at 52ph, it is now in the mid 40s. Anyone with substantial hash has generators for backup as do I. The two week ramp up on major hash is killer as it takes away 25% of your earnings for the first month you mine. If one was to pull out of Kano they’d still get hash, I know that. It’s been that way for years. But what didn’t occur in years was only 1 block solve in half a months time. When you are not seeing the increase in hashrate and seeing an increase in round time, the only logical conclusion is to shorten ramp up/ramp down time. This does not incentivize anyone to point new hash here.
I've got about 260th/s pointed here and I've been mining here for 2 years. When I joined the 5nd was like 36 hours and made way more sense than it does now. I would agree that 5nd could be shortened to 3nd or even a 1nd with our current hashrate. I think it would attract lot more new miners. Every time I have brought this up in the past it was shot down. Kano was against changing because it increases the variance and would be to the detriment of those who already reached the 5nd.

i agree with you from an economical point of view, but must also agree with Kano from an idiological perspective. if the ramp were shorter, like 3nd or even 1nd, i would move over 500 TH or more in a heartbeat. however, having a business to sustain and partners to justify the decision to, makes such a move quite difficult to defend.
Ideologically, I would say that the only real detriment to the long term miner would be the loss of some percentage of the block reward to new arrivals. As a long term miner, I think it's a small price to pay to potentially grow our pool.
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:29:31 PM

I've got about 260th/s pointed here and I've been mining here for 2 years. When I joined the 5nd was like 36 hours and made way more sense than it does now. I would agree that 5nd could be shortened to 3nd or even a 1nd with our current hashrate. I think it would attract lot more new miners. Every time I have brought this up in the past it was shot down. Kano was against changing because it increases the variance and would be to the detriment of those who already reached the 5nd.

i agree with you from an economical point of view, but must also agree with Kano from an idiological perspective. if the ramp were shorter, like 3nd or even 1nd, i would move over 500 TH or more in a heartbeat. however, having a business to sustain and partners to justify the decision to, makes such a move quite difficult to defend.
1) Maybe I'm missing something, but why couldn't you repoint them here in chunks?

2) How would a shorter ramp help since it's not likely for us to hit multiple back to back 500%+ blocks where you'd "lose" the ramp-up 5Nd shares. I'd assume "luck would have it" that we'd continue to approach 100% rather than go farther out in "right field".

Being that this is a forum--as has been pointed out recently--I'd love to hear some other thoughts on this logic.

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:32:27 PM

When did you look, it's been 52Th for the last week or better, sure it varies as does any pool, but the home page is your friend, it will alway tell you and it's 52+
akadamson

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

I think you better study up on the built in difficulty curve with BTC (we are way past the middle of the curve).  in fact, it's only going to rapidly increase every 13ish days.  If you couldn't handle the 600% block, then ya might want to quickly sell your hash and day trade, because it's only going to get harder to find a block, not easier.
krisgt30

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:38:04 PM

Looked last night/early this morning before it spiked back up.

Also it makes no difference whether hash is moved here incrementally or all at once. 14 days to get your full payout hash is a long long time when you have a bottom line you need to cover monthly.

Once again I said nothing about round difficulty...only ramp up time and the correlation to difficulty. I really find it comical that all you guys are telling me to study up on this. You going to defend this ramp up time until we find less than one block a month?

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
luxMiner

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:44:15 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 08:46:25 PM by luxMiner

1) Maybe I'm missing something, but why couldn't you repoint them here in chunks?

2) How would a shorter ramp help since it's not likely for us to hit multiple back to back 500%+ blocks where you'd "lose" the ramp-up 5Nd shares. I'd assume "luck would have it" that we'd continue to approach 100% rather than go farther out in "right field".

Being that this is a forum--as has been pointed out recently--I'd love to hear some other thoughts on this logic.

i have been going by chunks precisely, was up to 280ish last week, having to hear daily complaints of missing daily returns. now, we're back down to 70ish on Kano...!

actually, your second point makes sense... food for thought and subject to discussion. to me, it seems a lot less stressful to have to whole lot run with Kano and figure out the returns once a month, rather following up on a daily basis....
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:46:09 PM

Also it makes no difference whether hash is moved here incrementally or all at once. 14 days to get your full payout hash is a long long time when you have a bottom line you need to cover monthly.

Once again I said nothing about round difficulty...only ramp up time and the correlation to difficulty. I really find it comical that all you guys are telling me to study up on this. You going to defend this ramp up time until we find less than one block a month?

If you need to cover monthly, then this may not be the pool for you.  It's not going to change, just for you.

Good luck to you.
krisgt30

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:52:18 PM

Your abrasive tone does nothing but harm this pool you realize that right?

akadamson

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:52:38 PM

If you need to cover monthly, then this may not be the pool for you.  It's not going to change, just for you.

Good luck to you.

I really think this is the *point* most people get stuck with... And there is no way around it if you want to be on this pool.

As to the difficulty comment, what I meant was difficulty is always going to influence the *ease* at which a block is found.  it also took 2wks and 600% hashes to find the last one, if you joined right after we started, you'd have been ramped before we found it and would that also have been an issue because of the 2wks with no payout whatsoever?..... You have to scale both costs, revenue and unexpected losses for this game or else... well, you'll be short lived like so many others.

On the good news front, I just got word that another 22Th is on it way to me... yeah!  And did I say I like Th that has some of the best hash/watt Smiley... always a good thing
akadamson

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:54:07 PM

haha (please don't take the chuckle wrong)... There are lots of differing cultures on this pool and everyone's *approach* is different as well... Really you just have to roll with it because some are always the same (that's not a good or a bad thing, it's just a thing).
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:59:20 PM

But you're here. What incentivized you? I had no incentives other than a recommendation and my own research into the pool. I don't see the point in incentivizing someone more than the small pool fee and community willing to help and answer questions. The amount of complaining is somewhat turning me off from the forum, but not the pool. If you want to incentivize people, quit discouraging them. I'm not saying you specifically, but there are others.

If all the posts are bitchy twats complaining about the blocks, then nobody is going to want to mine here. That's my take, though I've been wrong before.

What incentivized me? I personally have had Kano’s help in the past with my pool when it came to malicious miners and I am forever grateful for that. Of all the pool owners he seems to be the most honest/trustworthy and genuinely cares about the overall health of the network. I can not stand merge mining/high fees or the withholding of transaction fees to its miners. That brought me here. Not one complaint about luck/blocks etc just this ramp up ramp down is absurdly long.

For the record, I wasn't referring to you as a bitchy twat. I know your post was about the ramp, I was speaking in terms of those random bitchy twats complaining about the luck/blocks  Smiley

Just for the sake of conversation though, how much more hashrate are you comfortable with joining the pool? Also, if it's value others are seeking, I think you touched on some good points with what incentivizes you to mine here, no? Not everyone looks for value, I can understand that, but that's how markets works. Sooner or later people will either get fed up and search for alternatives for whatever reasons those may be.

Maybe finding the sweet spot on that ramp multiplier is the ticket.....maybe not. We don't know what incentivizes the top miners in this pool either. It may even be the simplicity......or the fact that the pool isn't so large.

To say that your ideas were "shot down" isn't much of a statement. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but ideas don't have much weight behind them unless they have a detailed plan to execute or some hardcore data behind it.

“Things are not always what they seem....."

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
krisgt30

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:07:18 PM

I plan on bringing another 310th here by end of February/beginning of March. (Moving my data center 700 miles away). If all goes well another 700th come April/May. If the block finding frequency continues to diminish and the ramp time doesn’t change, then I may sadly have to point to one of the pools I despise.

perfectplus174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:11:11 PM

What? Why? Remarks like this are what makes others question you. If the incentive is money, why would anyone care what someone says in a forum? Get yourself together, let's get real here. There are no "safe spaces". One can easily mine with Kano without having to hang out in the forums and get offended.

krisgt30

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:14:15 PM

It was directed to rifleman who seems adamant that this isn’t the right pool for me and I should mine elsewhere...that tone towards potential miners is certainly detrimental to the growth of this pool.

perfectplus174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:15:49 PM

I plan on bringing another 310th here by end of February/beginning of March. (Moving my data center 700 miles away). If all goes well another 700th come April/May. If the block finding frequency continues to diminish and the ramp time doesn’t change, then I may sadly have to point to one of the pools I despise.

That's a significant amount of hash. It would be great to add that to the pool as it MAY help the block frequency.

As a suggestion to your ramp ultimatum, maybe it would be worth considering a lower ramp for USERS who have been here, sort of like a grandfathering in, instead of a blanket ramp reduction. Just a thought, nothing more......however, if you're so willing to move your hash because of a streak of bad luck, you're pretty much fulfilling the exact scenario that is trying to be avoided with the ramp.

perfectplus174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:17:38 PM

It was directed to rifleman who seems adamant that this isn’t the right pool for me and I should mine elsewhere...that tone towards potential miners is certainly detrimental to the growth of this pool.

I understand what you are saying and it may be true for some and may be not, but you don't really know that because you haven't been able to measure it. Would it be possible for you to just realize that is his personality and you know....brush it off?

wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:24:45 PM

The ramp up time is a function of the 5ND. Its not some arbitrary variable that Kano sets.

Changing the 5ND is a BIG change, that would impact everyone. It would mean, on average, payouts for blocks would go down for everyone.

perfectplus174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:33:33 PM

The ramp up time is a function of the 5ND. Its not some arbitrary variable that Kano sets.

Changing the 5ND is a BIG change, that would impact everyone. It would mean, on average, payouts for blocks would go down for everyone.

It's too easy to get caught up in the idea of "change" that you skip right over details like that.
 Smiley

robroyman

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:51:10 PM

Rifleman seems to have noobs squarely in his sights. All he does on here all day is troll the forums and bash down potential new miners. Maybe he doesn't want to share the pie?

I understand what you are saying and it may be true for some and may be not, but you don't really know that because you haven't been able to measure it. Would it be possible for you to just realize that is his personality and you know....brush it off?
Pages: « 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: