Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:05:01 PM

Its not about getting more miners to mine at this pool...

Instead of spending time trying to get more miners, spend some money and get more hardware yourself.

I guess not everyone agrees with you...  Grin
No I agree with Biffa.
It's about getting the hash rate up a lot.

While adding losta small miners means more hash rate, we don't want to fall behind the Diff rate rising, we want to get ahead of it a lot.
The only way I can see that happening is getting a number of large miners on board - but that wont be a lot of miners.
This will only attract a small number of miners, but make a big difference to the pool if we do get some.

See, I wasn't aware it was about the number of miners. I thought it was strictly the hash rate that affected the diff. Interesting.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:05:26 PM

Instead of spending time trying to get more miners, spend some money and get more hardware yourself.

No I agree with Biffa.

While adding losta small miners means more hash rate, we don't want to fall behind the Diff rate rising, we want to get ahead of it a lot.
The only way I can see that happening is getting a number of large miners on board - but that wont be a lot of miners.
This will only attract a small number of miners, but make a big difference to the pool if we do get some.

Essentially doubling the hash rate is what you're looking for, so up to 100PH or so?
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:07:05 PM

No I agree with Biffa.

See, I wasn't aware it was about the number of miners. I thought it was strictly the hash rate that affected the diff. Interesting.

I think what he means is that there is only a small number of people who own 9.5PH or higher worth of gear vs you, me, DPos2, and others buying up enough gear to combine for 9.5PH or higher.   It's easier to get a bigger fish to move over than for all of us to do it collectively.   
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:08:55 PM

I guess not everyone agrees with you...  Grin
No I agree with Biffa.

I think what he means is that there is only a small number of people who own 9.5PH or higher worth of gear vs you, me, DPos2, and others buying up enough gear to combine for 9.5PH or higher.   It's easier to get a bigger fish to move over than for all of us to do it collectively.  

Ahh, my mistake. Transferring existing PH over to this pool, not encouraging more to join mining, got it. Sometimes it pays to sit back a bit before posting. That definitely makes more sense hahaha

kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:09:37 PM

No I agree with Biffa.

I think what he means is that there is only a small number of people who own 9.5PH or higher worth of gear vs you, me, DPos2, and others buying up enough gear to combine for 9.5PH or higher.   It's easier to get a bigger fish to move over than for all of us to do it collectively.   
Yes it's very hard to get 10PHs of miners.
Heh - even I couldn't get 1PH of miners from Bitmain or Canaan when I tried to directly Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:12:14 PM

No I agree with Biffa.

Biffa's idea works also, but I don't think everyone is trying to keep up with the Diff changes, so we need to keep ahead of them somehow.
Break it down for me. It is blowing over my head. If you wanted to add 1000 S9s what is the difference between 1 person owning them and 1000 different owners. We all get paid for our share relative to the whole pool, not the number of owners correct? Or am I wrong?
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:14:28 PM

No I agree with Biffa.

Biffa's idea works also, but I don't think everyone is trying to keep up with the Diff changes, so we need to keep ahead of them somehow.
Break it down for me. It is blowing over my head. If you wanted to add 1000 S9s what is the difference between 1 person owning them and 1000 different owners. We all get paid for our share relative to the whole pool, not the number of owners correct? Or am I wrong?

Because it would be adding that much more to the total network hash rate instead of convincing that already existing hash to move pools. More hash is more hash, but it would be ideal to not add more to the network to keep the diff lower.

fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:15:08 PM

What I was referring to with Biffa is getting more miners here on this pool and getting more of the network hashrate. Not going out and adding to the hashrate. He (Biffa) is stating that we should go out and "add" to the hasrate and thus add to the increased difficulty. I would rather take from the current total network and transfer a larger percentage over to us. That is why I am asking after he (Kano) said he agreed with Biffa.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:16:25 PM

What I was referring to with Biffa is getting more miners here on this pool and getting more of the network hashrate. Not going out and adding to the hashrate. He is stating that we should go out and "add" to the hasrate and thus add to the increased difficulty. I would rather take from the current total network and transfer a larger percentage over to us. That is why I am asking after he said he agreed with Biffa.

Either works, but the latter would be best.

perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:19:42 PM

I'm curious who has the least amount of hash and has found a block here on Kano Pool.

fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:21:18 PM

I'm curious who has the least amount of hash and has found a block here on Kano Pool.

Depends on the year you are talking about.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:22:16 PM

Depends on the year you are talking about.

Valid point. Let's go with 2017 or the last 88 blocks on the list.

rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

Because it would be adding that much more to the total network hash rate instead of convincing that already existing hash to move pools. More hash is more hash, but it would be ideal to not add more to the network to keep the diff lower.

That's it right there...existing miners instead of brand new hash.  That makes much more sense for all.  I'd expect to see some big movers coming over in the next week. 
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:33:55 PM

That's it right there...existing miners instead of brand new hash.  That makes much more sense for all.  I'd expect to see some big movers coming over in the next week. 

That's the whole idea, behind my signature. There are tons of AntMiner owners, who are preprogrammed with disaster, and they
don't know any better. They hear Ant, and they figure it's gotta be the best. A little bit of educational promotion, can go along way.
Once they know they can earn more outside of their comfort zone, they'll want to make the switch.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:35:49 PM

What I was referring to with Biffa is getting more miners here on this pool and getting more of the network hashrate. Not going out and adding to the hashrate. He (Biffa) is stating that we should go out and "add" to the hasrate and thus add to the increased difficulty. I would rather take from the current total network and transfer a larger percentage over to us. That is why I am asking after he (Kano) said he agreed with Biffa.
The reason why Biffa is correct is that if no one was increasing their hash rate, then the pool falls behind the "Diff Curve"

Yes of course adding to the "Diff Curve" ourselves pushes the "Diff Curve" up, but in reality that isn't the case,
since if we don't, then someone else will buy those miners and push the "Diff Curve" up.

There's been no lack of available buyers for available new miners for a long time.
i.e. you haven't been able to slow down the "Diff Curve", by abstaining from buying miners, for a long time.

Indeed getting large miners to move over from somewhere else is the best solution, but once we have some over here, we can't say:
'OK that's it, we don't need to keep up with the "Diff Curve"'

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:45:18 PM

The reason why Biffa is correct is that if no one was increasing their hash rate, then the pool falls behind the "Diff Curve"

Yes of course adding to the "Diff Curve" ourselves pushes the "Diff Curve" up, but in reality that isn't the case,
since if we don't, then someone else will buy those miners and push the "Diff Curve" up.

There's been no lack of available buyers for available new miners for a long time.
i.e. you haven't been able to slow down the "Diff Curve", by abstaining from buying miners, for a long time.

Indeed getting large miners to move over from somewhere else is the best solution, but once we have some over here, we can't say:

Well, hopefully, it will slow down here. There have been new S9s available from Bitmain for over a week now. We need to tackle this issue and stay on top of it. Glad to have you in charge and we all really appreciate your support here.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:47:51 PM

Well, hopefully, it will slow down here. There have been new S9s available from Bitmain for over a week now. We need to tackle this issue and stay on top of it. Glad to have you in charge and we all really appreciate your support here.
I'd expect (without much doubt about being correct) that Bitmain mines with their miners before they send them out ...

fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:51:04 PM

I'd expect (without much doubt about being correct) that Bitmain mines with their miners before they send them out ...

No way.... The audacity...  Tongue
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:12:15 AM

That's either a block I heard cracking or this piece of shit chair I'm sitting in...

rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:08:54 AM

That's either a block I heard cracking or this piece of shit chair I'm sitting in...

Time for a new chair!

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN! 
Pages: « 1 ... 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: