Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:08:28 PM

Alright everyone...

If you've got hate in your heart...let it out.

I am by no means a graphic designer but we've all been saying we need to do SOMETHING to spread the word. I've come up with a few graphics and as of now I'm just wanting input or if you can do it better then by all means, please do it better. I just wanted to do something because my measly hashrate is not doing anything apparently Wink I haven't discovered a single block.

So please give me your thoughts and let's think of ways to spread the word. If someone can let me know the specific sizes these images need to be I don't mind creating banners, signatures, whatever you need to spread the Kano word.

Without further ado...I will be adding images one by one and editing the post to see which ones actually post and which you have to follow the link for.

https://s13.postimg.org/x5u74em3r/Copy_of_Copy_of_KANO_1.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/w3k0lvb07/Copy_of_Copy_of_KANO_2.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/mvrs56jdj/Copy_of_Copy_of_KANO_3.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/xvczgshif/Copy_of_KANO.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/5ihhqbgcn/KANO.jpg

I don't hate them, but I don't see the point. I understand that SOME are attracted by these, but those type of miners aren't the ones planning to stick around because of the "cool design". If you've read the posts and I'm sure you have, a lot of miners are looking for the frequent payouts and that is something you can't control even with more hash, unless you had a significant amount of hash power, you may be able to sway some more chances (still luck). I also understand this is what you're hoping to accomplish with a different design, but I'm used to the Kano site and I have no problems with it.

I do think it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have something like this to work in conjunction with Kano such as minergain, ckpool status, etc. I just personally don't feel like it would make the slightest difference in keeping people in the pool. Not to mention the smaller payouts if we were to say double the hash rate. I'll admit I'm cynical about the idea, but I feel it's for good reason. Just my opinion, nice graphics though.

EDIT: I would like to clarify that I am for more hash power, but I also understand that it is not a direct correlation to increases our block count. I don't want to "hate" on these ideas and discourage anyone. I'm just waiting for an approach that makes the most sense and I believe Kano would know best on how to achieve that. On that note, If Kano has any suggestions that may help, it would be great to share.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:10:00 PM

Alright everyone...

I am by no means a graphic designer but we've all been saying we need to do SOMETHING to spread the word. I've come up with a few graphics and as of now I'm just wanting input or if you can do it better then by all means, please do it better. I just wanted to do something because my measly hashrate is not doing anything apparently Wink I haven't discovered a single block.

So please give me your thoughts and let's think of ways to spread the word. If someone can let me know the specific sizes these images need to be I don't mind creating banners, signatures, whatever you need to spread the Kano word.

Without further ado...I will be adding images one by one and editing the post to see which ones actually post and which you have to follow the link for.

This is a great start! I've been promoting for a couple of weeks, and everything helps. Great work!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
bigolin

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:17:28 PM
Merited by Shazam!!! (1)

Alright everyone...

I don't hate them, but I don't see the point. I understand that SOME are attracted by these, but those type of miners aren't the ones planning to stick around because of the "cool design". If you've read the posts and I'm sure you have, a lot of miners are looking for the frequent payouts and that is something you can't control even with more hash, unless you had a significant amount of hash power, you may be able to sway some more chances (still luck). I also understand this is what you're hoping to accomplish with a different design, but I'm used to the Kano site and I have no problems with it.

I do think it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have something like this to work in conjunction with Kano such as minergain, ckpool status, etc. I just personally don't feel like it would make the slightest difference in keeping people in the pool. Not to mention the smaller payouts if we were to say double the hash rate. I'll admit I'm cynical about the idea, but I feel it's for good reason. Just my opinion, nice graphics though.

My idea would be to target the millions of workers on Antpool that just aren't taking the time to realize there are other options. So many people I'm sure, just leave their rigs on Antpool because it's bitmain. Bitmain pushes the pool on their site, so I don't see why we couldn't take out some ad space somewhere. I'll chip in on the first run at Minergain if he's open to posting it. But imagine if a graphic were posted on some of these difficulty sites where people track it, or on the bitcoin news sites, any exposure is better than none IF and only if your goal is to bring more people in. Get people talking.

Minergain let me know what some ad space would run on your page and we'll work something out. Again, I know this isn't the fix for what some would argue isn't even broken. I'm happy here at Kano or else I wouldn't be here like many of you. I enjoy the community, even though we argue, we don't see eye to eye, and everyone has their own opinion. But what I can suggest is, if I'm helping a newb anywhere on Bitcointalk in some other random thread and have a signature banner etc. pointing them to Kano, where I mine, they may just ask about it. They might finally google PPLNS and realize there are other options. Who knows, but it's worth a shot. I'm simply trying to bring ideas to life. Someone here said we needed graphics.

I also have no qualms with the site, which is why two of the graphics have a strikingly similar color style to them from the kano site. *tip of the hat* It won't look weird if they saw the graphic color scheme first, it would all tie together.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:22:18 PM

So for example, this is off the top of my head, but if some of the larger players (or anyone for that matter) was willing to VOLUNTARILY pay a VERY SLIGHTLY extra fee percentage (say roughly .01% or whatever) to be redistributed (god, I hate the way that sounds) to the smaller miners --OR-- an even smaller percentage that could go to a random lucky miner under and over a certain terahash or time frame commitment , it may be interesting enough for others to stick around to hit that second lottery. This would be a completely voluntary program to those who wished to donate back to the pool community.

I for one would be on board. Just an idea......though I don't have any cool graphics to back it up.  Embarrassed

rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:23:21 PM

Alright everyone...

First one is hard to read IMO, rest are fine.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:28:38 PM

Alright everyone...

First one is hard to read IMO, rest are fine.

I will say for not being a graphic designer, these are actually pretty damn good and better than I could come up with, as far as that goes.

Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:36:10 PM

My idea would be to target the millions of workers on Antpool that just aren't taking the time to realize there are other options. So many people I'm sure, just leave their rigs on Antpool because it's bitmain. Bitmain pushes the pool on their site, so I don't see why we couldn't take out some ad space somewhere. I'll chip in on the first run at Minergain if he's open to posting it. But imagine if a graphic were posted on some of these difficulty sites where people track it, or on the bitcoin news sites, any exposure is better than none IF and only if your goal is to bring more people in. Get people talking.

Minergain let me know what some ad space would run on your page and we'll work something out. Again, I know this isn't the fix for what some would argue isn't even broken. I'm happy here at Kano or else I wouldn't be here like many of you. I enjoy the community, even though we argue, we don't see eye to eye, and everyone has their own opinion. But what I can suggest is, if I'm helping a newb anywhere on Bitcointalk in some other random thread and have a signature banner etc. pointing them to Kano, where I mine, they may just ask about it. They might finally google PPLNS and realize there are other options. Who knows, but it's worth a shot. I'm simply trying to bring ideas to life. Someone here said we needed graphics.

I also have no qualms with the site, which is why two of the graphics have a strikingly similar color style to them from the kano site. *tip of the hat* It won't look weird if they saw the graphic color scheme first, it would all tie together.

And this is EXACTLY what it's about! Taking back from the corporate monsters, who subliminally slip their pool into everything.
When I made my signature back in December, that's what I was promoting for: Help the smaller pools, and the community they
represent. If, and when, you hear back from Minergain, please let me know. I too, would like to contribute towards marketing
Kano's pool. For now, I'm going to post the sh*t out of your banners on the groups I'm in on social media.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:46:54 PM
Merited by Shazam!!! (1)

So ... in an attempt to get some large miners on board Smiley
I'll post  this here now and then work out how to get the attention of said larger miners ...

10 BTC giveaway to LARGE miners

Anyone with NON-RENTAL hash rate - i.e. their own miners, who shows on the rewards page a "Your N Avg" of exactly 9.5PH/s or more -
yes a large miner - for any block that they find, will get a bonus 1 BTC block finder reward for up to a maximum of 3 blocks per miner.

Total BTC I'll be giving out will be 10 BTC i.e. a total of ten 1 BTC block finder rewards.

The bonus 1 BTC block finder reward will not be taken from the block reward to miners - i.e. no miners will be getting paid less due to the block finder reward.

So how can a large miner get this 1, 2 or 3 BTC bonus reward?
They have to ramp up to over 9.5PHs then find a block.

Are there any quick ways to ramp up to 9.5PHs?
Yep - if you have 20PHs then you'll ramp up to 9.5PHs in less than 2.5Nd i.e. twice as fast.
Of course if you have more than that, the ramp to 9.5PHs will be faster again.

Does this affect the ramp time?
Yes, adding more hash rate to the pool reduces the time of the 5Nd ramp.
e.g. at the moment assuming we were 50PH/s then adding another 10PH/s to the pool would reduce the ramp time by 20%

If you know anyone on any bitmain pools or slush (which is probably now a bitmain pool also) with over 10PH then tell them about it Smiley

... and cryptostarusa can't get it Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bigolin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:49:32 PM

I'll post  this here now and then work out how to get the attention of said larger miners ...

Anyone with NON-RENTAL hash rate - i.e. their own miners, who shows on the rewards page a "Your N Avg" of exactly 9.5PH/s or more -
yes a large miner - for any block that they find, will get a bonus 1 BTC block finder reward for up to a maximum of 3 blocks per miner.

Total BTC I'll be giving out will be 10 BTC i.e. a total of ten 1 BTC block finder rewards.

The bonus 1 BTC block finder reward will not be taken from the block reward to miners - i.e. no miners will be getting paid less due to the block finder reward.

Yep - if you have 20PHs then you'll ramp up to 9.5PHs in less than 2.5Nd i.e. twice as fast.

e.g. at the moment assuming we were 50PH/s then adding another 10PH/s to the pool would reduce the ramp time by 20%

If you know anyone on any bitmain pools or slush (which is probably now a bitmain pool also) with over 10PH then tell them about it Smiley

Poor cryptostarusa will be sad Wink
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:55:13 PM

Wow! Thank you Kano.

Hopefully we can pick up another 75-100PH. This is an outstanding offer in my opinion.

bigolin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:57:38 PM

In case anyone wants to spread the word about the new giveaway...

https://postimg.org/image/xp3vr6pyr/
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:00:39 PM

Might want that link to be:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg30717631#msg30717631

There are a lot of pages here.

Edit: I had linked to the wrong post
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:02:50 PM

Might want that link to be:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg30717631#msg30717631

There are a lot of pages here.

Edit: I had linked to the wrong post
It's in the first post also.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:15:23 PM

Alright everyone...

I am by no means a graphic designer but we've all been saying we need to do SOMETHING to spread the word. I've come up with a few graphics and as of now I'm just wanting input or if you can do it better then by all means, please do it better.

Good job, some are quite interesting.
That said, It should be https://kano.is (not http)
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:26:24 PM

Thank you Kano! This is why I want to support your pool, your support is unrivaled! Hopefully, some more members will
participate in some simple promoting, it's literally the least we could do for a great service YOU provide!

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:34:46 PM

Dang, that is a serious promotion!
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:51:41 PM

Its not about getting more miners to mine at this pool...

Instead of spending time trying to get more miners, spend some money and get more hardware yourself.

I guess not everyone agrees with you...  Grin
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:55:31 PM

I like this, I like this a lot!
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:59:55 PM

I guess that's one way to bring in the big dogs. Damn!!!

I still wouldn't mind paying a small amount more like raising the fee to .095 % to pay anyone who finds a block an extra reward. It could still be optional for whoever wanted to participate. Still just throwing simple ideas out there. I'm sure that could be coded in somehow? lol not my strong suit.

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:03:27 PM

Its not about getting more miners to mine at this pool...

Instead of spending time trying to get more miners, spend some money and get more hardware yourself.

I guess not everyone agrees with you...  Grin
No I agree with Biffa.
It's about getting the hash rate up a lot.

While adding losta small miners means more hash rate, we don't want to fall behind the Diff rate rising, we want to get ahead of it a lot.
The only way I can see that happening is getting a number of large miners on board - but that wont be a lot of miners.
This will only attract a small number of miners, but make a big difference to the pool if we do get some.

Biffa's idea works also, but I don't think everyone is trying to keep up with the Diff changes, so we need to keep ahead of them somehow.

Pages: « 1 ... 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: