Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:16:29 PM

The antpool is now %4 of the network so about 10,000Ths
how many S4's and yet to be sold (batch 10) S3's is that?

Every miner you buy has already made probably 8-10x what it cost them to build...then they sell it at an inflated price and slowly trickle it back into the network while we hopelessly try to break even.

All this while the coin continues to drop and the other big hardware guys do the same.

Rinse...repeat.

F it...I'm out.

Antpool's new hashing power comes from large private miners who are using ANTMINER product and not satisfied with the unstable connection to ghash (from China) and high fees in other pools. Thanks.

very disappointed that bitmain from great company which delivers on time become Preorder company which shows finger to his loyal customers.  but that the old way of doing business. once they got big....screw typical randy...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:17:57 PM

I have a coupon for s4. Price 0.15 btc
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:19:30 PM

only one coupon can be used per S4.

This is scam-ish at best.

Not really - thats how coupons have worked ever since the start. $200 is a fair coupon, but imo the price is too high for the power draw.

If this was drawing 1000-1100w I would buy it at the price, but 1400w is too much.

With the s2 they basically doubled the number of chips to drive each at a more efficient voltage. But with the s4 it looks like 5xS3 worth of chips with only a marginal savings to power consumption. Hopefully they will bring out a revised design that uses 7xS3 worth of chips to achieve 0.5w/gh.

I might buy 1 with a coupon just because I have been selling more hardware then I've been buying, but it's going to take a serious slowdown in the difficulty (7-10% jumps) for the next several months if this is going to bring a positive return.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:20:53 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2020, 11:51:00 PM by suchmoon

We open sales in USD https://112bit.com

Regards

Juan

I like your S3 price, shame it's out of stock. I'd buy a couple or maybe even more  Grin

Edited 2020-11-27 to fix a broken image

Seriously though, about the S4: are you going to issue coupons for your S2 buyers - Bitmain seems to be implying that resellers should take care of that for their customers? And is there anything you could do about the shipping costs, perhaps ship a boatload of them to the US and redistribute instead of paying ~$150 to ship each one separately from China?
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

As mining approaches equilibrium, this is exactly what should happen! I don't think Bitmain is being evil or trying to price gouge. I'm sure they are just trying to make a small profit on each S4 they sell.

If miners were smart, which collectively they have proven that they are not, the S4 would not sell very well, which would cause manufacturers to reduce production and cause difficulty increases to level off.

If you don't think the S4 will ROI in BTC, please don't buy and encourage Bitmain to make more of them!

I'll have to disagree with what you said.. Its easy to make the statement you did because you know that the mark up from Bitmains base price is a complete unknown .. I deal with hardware cost all day long… I've looked at the units, the case, components, ect … You can tell me all you want until you are blue in the face that they are making a SMALL profit on every unit, and I beg to differ.. The biggest part of development was the chip, after that everything is legos and moving stuff around in a cad program… Bitbain could have went lower and made the decision to go high out of the gate . Why…….

Their cloud project .

Whatever their costs are, the price in USD isn't a weird price. Bit on the high side maybe but you'd have to consider they plan on getting their R&D back.
But, the price in BTC is very high now because of the low exchange rate. That is a thing outside of control for Bitmain. So like kendog says, I'm also thinking that they don't try to be evil of squeeze miners out. They simply have bad luck with the low BTC price and the competitive market.
dlowings

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:27:35 PM

As mining approaches equilibrium, this is exactly what should happen! I don't think Bitmain is being evil or trying to price gouge. I'm sure they are just trying to make a small profit on each S4 they sell.

If miners were smart, which collectively they have proven that they are not, the S4 would not sell very well, which would cause manufacturers to reduce production and cause difficulty increases to level off.

If you don't think the S4 will ROI in BTC, please don't buy and encourage Bitmain to make more of them!

I'll have to disagree with what you said.. Its easy to make the statement you did because you know that the mark up from Bitmains base price is a complete unknown .. I deal with hardware cost all day long… I've looked at the units, the case, components, ect … You can tell me all you want until you are blue in the face that they are making a SMALL profit on every unit, and I beg to differ.. The biggest part of development was the chip, after that everything is legos and moving stuff around in a cad program… Bitbain could have went lower and made the decision to go high out of the gate . Why…….

Their cloud project .

Whatever their costs are, the price in USD isn't a weird price. Bit on the high side maybe but you'd have to consider they plan on getting their R&D back.
But, the price in BTC is very high now because of the low exchange rate. That is a thing outside of control for Bitmain. So like kendog says, I'm also thinking that they don't try to be evil of squeeze miners out. They simply have bad luck with the low BTC price and the competitive market.

I addressed the R&D side of this… bottom line there is no reason for this price to be this high .

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:29:41 PM

Their cloud project .

I addressed the R&D side of this… bottom line there is no reason for this price to be this high .

The USD price isn't that high especially if you take into account the coupon and no need to buy a PSU.  The BTC price is high just like everyone and their mother has been saying over and over and over again

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

The USD price isn't that high especially if you take into account the coupon and no need to buy a PSU.  The BTC price is high just like everyone and their mother has been saying over and over and over again

+1

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:37:35 PM

well not big on knc or cloud mining but the same amount of cash that you pay to the miner...(what was it with shipping $1911 usd?)
will get you 3069.879518072289 TH in the 6 month time frame of this offer no hidden other costs

still think at this btc price and expected diff rises you are better off buying coin at these imho cheap btc prices

but no way at $1911 can a unit with elec etc ROI imho with home or hosting fees etc

anyway just saying as a comparison ....again no real fan of KNC and this is likely an 'intro' price

but hey facts suck..home mining is dead

( i can attest to that with my 1st batch no ROI titan from KNC that if I get 1/2 purchase price back not counting electricity I will be thrilled)

so it goes

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

Every miner you buy has already made probably 8-10x what it cost them to build...then they sell it at an inflated price and slowly trickle it back into the network while we hopelessly try to break even.

All this while the coin continues to drop and the other big hardware guys do the same.

Rinse...repeat.

F it...I'm out.

Antpool's new hashing power comes from large private miners who are using ANTMINER product and not satisfied with the unstable connection to ghash (from China) and high fees in other pools. Thanks.

4Phs worth overnight?  Sorry but I just don't buy it...lol

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

Rinse...repeat.

F it...I'm out.

4Phs worth overnight?  Sorry but I just don't buy it...lol

The mining rigs are already there hashing and what they do is change the miner setting-ups. Good luck. All the S4 we are selling now will be freshly produced and shipped out ASAP.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:45:44 PM

well not big on knc or cloud mining but the same amount of cash that you pay to the miner...(what was it with shipping $1911 usd?)
will get you 3069.879518072289 TH in the 6 month time frame of this offer no hidden other costs

still think at this btc price and expected diff rises you are better off buying coin at these imho cheap btc prices

but no way at $1911 can a unit with elec etc ROI imho with home or hosting fees etc

anyway just saying as a comparison ....again no real fan of KNC and this is likely an 'intro' price

but hey facts suck..home mining is dead

( i can attest to that with my 1st batch no ROI titan from KNC that if I get 1/2 purchase price back not counting electricity I will be thrilled)

so it goes

BITMAIN is helping every miners around the world to have their own hash rate, no matter is in home or in the hosting farm. Anything helps the Bitcoin network safe and strong, BITMAIN will do it.

ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:47:50 PM

+1

Hey Bitmain!

Please do some magic, make BTC to 1000$  and I'll buy 150 pieces ASAP.

Wink

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:52:48 PM

sorry Bitmain, not buying, too expensive, and there is no way I can ROI even in cheap place like Canada where it's cold and electricity is cheap. Thanks but no thanks.
even if electricty is free, with the last 10 difficulty level, that s4 will never ROI, i think you know that too , dont you ?

Nothing will. It's impossible to manufacture Mining equipment with current BTC level and costs of produce them. Market has hit turning point. too much hardware is manufactures to push the difficulty level. Manufacturer must pay the bills and get the return for the hardware produced. The risk of mining is at miners end.

10x +15% difficulty hops and game will change.
bluecityste

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:53:51 PM

So.....anyone have any idea how much shipping will be for this!!

Doubt I will buy, for the reasons that most people are saying....but it's nice to dream!
sikke

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:55:34 PM

BITMAIN is helping every miners around the world to have their own hash rate, no matter is in home or in the hosting farm. Anything helps the Bitcoin network safe and strong, BITMAIN will do it.

Agree.
Like said before BITMAIN in only succesfull home miner manufacturer of 2014. Early year was of blast, too easy, times have changed.

I dont consider SPtech miners home miner friendly.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:00:54 PM

Really? Please provide us with updated firmware for S2 and S3 including newer, safer version of cgminer. You promised.

Like said before BITMAIN in only succesfull home miner manufacturer of 2014. Early year was of blast, too easy, times have changed.

I dont consider SPtech miners home miner friendly.

Hmm. S4 is looks to be a little bit noizy for home use...

So.....anyone have any idea how much shipping will be for this!!

Doubt I will buy, for the reasons that most people are saying....but it's nice to dream!

Just perform a pre-checkout and you'll know the exact cost of shipping to your location.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:19:28 PM

I have 2 coupons for sale at .2 btc ea

They are good for $200 off an order of an S4, please PM for payment address

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:24:12 PM

For buyers from germany and europe / EU!
AntMiner S4 for sale from ProTactSmiley

Bitcointalk Thread
buy AntMiner S4

Für Käufer aus Deutschland und Europa / EU!
AntMiner S4 zum Verkauf von ProTactSmiley

Bitcointalk Thread
AntMiner S4 kaufen

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:36:19 PM

The price of the S4 is a great incentive to keep my 10 x S1s (paid for long ago) and work this weekend to lower all the voltages and frequencies. Even if if I will just earn .5 BTC per month after electricity it's still better than the S4 deal. Second point is that it's getting cold again in the north east of america so the S1 heat is appreciated once again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: