Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:57:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:44:40 PM

What happened to the Bitmain without BS/overpriced preorders?

I can't beleive people are actually buying this.

I'll bet in a week or two when their sales drop down to nothing they will announce the real S4 at ~0.45 w/gh for less than $1000.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
praeluceo

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:58:02 PM

So what makes you think it should be less than $400? People like you years ago made fun of bitcoin and said the same crap.
Who said about less, buddy?
Also, I don't think religion applies to bitcoin, you can "Oh, God..." all you want at your local church Smiley Smiley Smiley
Please stop this.  Undecided God is the Universe, BTC is a happening in this Universe, so please stop this unnecessary bla-bla...

I agree with you!! Smiley Smiley

I'm glad the trolls who can't math agree with each-other. My recommendation Sally & Rabin is that you each buy 2 S4s immediately before Batch #1 sells out! You're absolutely right, Bitcoin will be worth an incomprehensible sum of $local_currency in the future! And you are too terrible at math to realize than rather than being a millionaire with X million, you will only have .75*X million. But you know what? That's okay, because you'll still be millionaires, and that's all you'll see, and that is probably enough.

In the meantime, we have irrational actors running a substantial percentage of the Bitcoin network, like Sally and Rabin over here, who are a substantial part of the reason why the hashrate (and thus the network difficulty) continue to go up at a break-neck pace despite the profitability per-coin-mined going down. And irrational miners are the reason why the hashrate will continue to trend up at such a substantial rate. So buy your S4, buy two. Mine 'till your heart's content, it makes things tougher on reasonable miners, but not substantially. And you'll have spent far more time, money, and energy getting to where you end up than I will have, and you'll still have fewer Bitcoins than I. So I'm cool with that.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:44:19 PM

Another portion of hostile bullshit. All I have said is that BTC will grow in price. Nothing more. I will not buy S4, if it's so important for you. I do not either call on anybody to buy it.

What's wrong with people such as prael in this doomed world?..  Undecided

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
bluecityste

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:47:11 PM

So what makes you think it should be less than $400? People like you years ago made fun of bitcoin and said the same crap.
Also, I don't think religion applies to bitcoin, you can "Oh, God..." all you want at your local church Smiley Smiley Smiley
Please stop this.  Undecided God is the Universe, BTC is a happening in this Universe, so please stop this unnecessary bla-bla...

I agree with you!! Smiley Smiley

I'm glad the trolls who can't math agree with each-other. My recommendation Sally & Rabin is that you each buy 2 S4s immediately before Batch #1 sells out! You're absolutely right, Bitcoin will be worth an incomprehensible sum of $local_currency in the future! And you are too terrible at math to realize than rather than being a millionaire with X million, you will only have .75*X million. But you know what? That's okay, because you'll still be millionaires, and that's all you'll see, and that is probably enough.

In the meantime, we have irrational actors running a substantial percentage of the Bitcoin network, like Sally and Rabin over here, who are a substantial part of the reason why the hashrate (and thus the network difficulty) continue to go up at a break-neck pace despite the profitability per-coin-mined going down. And irrational miners are the reason why the hashrate will continue to trend up at such a substantial rate. So buy your S4, buy two. Mine 'till your heart's content, it makes things tougher on reasonable miners, but not substantially. And you'll have spent far more time, money, and energy getting to where you end up than I will have, and you'll still have fewer Bitcoins than I. So I'm cool with that.

Great post!!!

A little harsh on wannabe miners (like myself really) who want to get in on the mining game, but, definitely justified in relation to the crazy price of the S4.....although for me it would be .35*X million due to shipping, import duty and high electricity costs! Wink
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:58:58 PM

Bitmain, I tried to find info on this in the Hosting Terms and Conditions but couldn't find it.  If we buy an S4 and with Hosting, can we get the unit shipped to us when it is no longer profitable to run?  Or do you offer to buy it back for parts at that point in time? 
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

Bitmain, I tried to find info on this in the Hosting Terms and Conditions but couldn't find it.  If we buy an S4 and with Hosting, can we get the unit shipped to us when it is no longer profitable to run?  Or do you offer to buy it back for parts at that point in time?  

Under the terms.

1.6 User should notice Umisoo two weeks in advance if it need off-shelves the miners after the Terms is expired, otherwise, will default for continuation.

1.7 User has the right to request Umisoo ship the miner to the pointed address after the Terms expire. The shipping cost is on the user’s own.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

What happened to the Bitmain without BS/overpriced preorders?

I can't beleive people are actually buying this.

I'll bet in a week or two when their sales drop down to nothing they will announce the real S4 at ~0.45 w/gh for less than $1000.

His gone, once you gone big you forgetting roots.

I would say week will be enough to drop the price.
BitcoinRuinedMyLife

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:14:38 PM

Take your own advice bud.

You mean to tell me you were implying it should only be $400? Your post complained about people thinking it should be over $400. Clearly you are either trolling or a clueless person.

Let's keep god and bitcoin seperate, no one cares about what religion you practice.
awaygotroubles

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:30:22 PM

While debating religion, it appears S4-B1 has SOLD OUT!

Do you believe this to be a marketing ploy, putting up S4-B2 or are they actually selling these to crazy people?
Davefox

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

While debating religion, it appears S4-B1 has SOLD OUT!

Do you believe this to be a marketing ploy, putting up S4-B2 or are they actually selling these to crazy people?

Hopefully they will pi*s of all the people who did buy them by selling the batch 2 for $800 including shipping ><
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 05:45:38 PM

S4'B1 is limited in quantity, as it is the first mass production after the development stage.

B2 will be available when our sales team get solid confirmation from our production team, and the quantity will be much better. Thanks.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
Davefox

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:52:36 PM

S4'B1 is limited in quantity, as it is the first mass production after the development stage.

B2 will be available when our sales team get solid confirmation from our production team, and the quantity will be much better. Thanks.

Any news on whether your going to reduce price? and when is the S3 coming back for sale and what is the intended offer?
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:12:39 PM

Batch 1 sold out. So much for overpriced hardware, eh?

There's been enough whining about the price and ROI on this. We all get it, you wish the price was more attractive. But the market forces will dictate what happens, and right now it would appear that the market is buying. Let it be. You aren't going to convince Bitmain to do anything when they are able to sell out production batches in just a few days.
Flattire

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:24:16 PM

Definitely a negative to not have the S2 upgrade option.  I own S1, 2 and 3...  Only my S3 were bought new from bitmain.  the S1 upgrade kits were priced NOT to sell.  They were priced to match the S3 pricing of the time and it was better to buy the S3 direct.

with the S2, I had really hoped to be able to upgrade them as the cost "should" be less (no case/psu/possibly even backbone...)

But now, horribly high price on S4 (the reason doesn't matter - price fixing, exchange on BTC - fact is it is too high) and no kits for the swiftly ailing S2 - and coupons give no help to a  second hand owner. 

Even with the current price of BTC, I was enjoying the relationship with bitmain.  This situation effectively cuts me off.  No choice.  I'm not mad... just sad.
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 06:59:35 PM

WOW B1 is sold out.  I'm surprised people are actually paying that much for 2Th.  Oh wait... no I'm not.  Plenty of retarded people out there in crypto land.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:04:34 PM

Batch 1 sold out. So much for overpriced hardware, eh?

There's been enough whining about the price and ROI on this. We all get it, you wish the price was more attractive. But the market forces will dictate what happens, and right now it would appear that the market is buying. Let it be. You aren't going to convince Bitmain to do anything when they are able to sell out production batches in just a few days.

Oh no.... sold out..... fcking ten S4s

are you fcked up in the head or what?

"Limited quantity" hahahha That should cover any loss huh?

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:05:37 PM

Translation: We will mine with S4 first and sell off later to suckers.

"solid confirmation"  yeah right...
praeluceo

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:31:11 PM

Looks like the S1 upgrades were added back to the site, the price is still listed as 0.46 BTC, that's a bit steep in my opinion. Maybe S3 & S1 upgrades will get a price break when they go live, goodness knows Bitmain has waited long enough to re-open sales!
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702
Merit: 1000

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 07:38:59 PM

If it's anything like the s3 then they used quantity where they should have used quality.  They couldn't even get a unit with 2 blades out the door in working condition how bad are these batch 1 alpha testers going to get reamed.  Bet they didn't include weeks of arguing with support and return time into their ROI calculations. 

tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

If it's anything like the s3 then they used quantity where they should have used quality.  They couldn't even get a unit with 2 blades out the door in working condition how bad are these batch 1 alpha testers going to get reamed.  Bet they didn't include weeks of arguing with support and return time into their ROI calculations. 

And that is why I NEVER buy batch 1!

By batch 3 the price will be more reasonable and we'll know if they work as intended.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: