Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156628 times)
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:37:15 PM

Okay, as I don't want to be the tar-baby painted with the "scammer" paintbrush, and the enlightened PR Division of Bitcoinica has seen fit to move into the "Everyone who opposes us is a scammer mode," I offer the following in the sense of full disclosure:

LoupGaroux has nothing invested in Bitcoinica. Not personally, not through proxy, representation or elect, and I do not advise anyone who has anything in Bitcoinica in any formal form that could be considered as having material impact on the likelihood of any refund, return of capital or liquidation. Nothing, nada, zippo in the extreme. I played it very briefly when it first came out, got zhoutonged in one of the first poorly advertised margin calls, lost 10 btc on stupid guesses about market movement and never went back.

I am here purely as a non-involved party to offer amicus briefs as a devil's advocate. I have a certain history in discovering scams, and tend to be an early adopter in the world of pissed-off villagers with torches and pitchforks. And my LoupySense is tingling big time on this particular sordid chapter of Bitcoin lore.

And no amount of abuse, cursing, outrage or quasi-legal break-dancing is going to change the fact that the Keystone Konsultancy Kops have adopted a whole lot of liability here, and are doing an extremely poor job of dealing with it. They are following the script to implode this and make off with the goods as if they are being coached by an expert. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next 72 hours some "lurker" who proclaims sterling reputation and credentials offers to set up a donation fund to help these poor good souls out. Which, like pretty much everything we have seen or read to date will be so much hot air, and crafted of the same disingenuous whole cloth as all existing disinformation, lies, inconsistencies and bumbling nonsense that has been their stock in trade.

If Consultancy, or whatever identity you are hiding behind this week, has the funds to promise (but not actually deliver!!) refunds to a select group of claimants, then they have an obligation to make the same offer to ALL claimants. Poor records, needing to add columns to your database, trying to unravel the intricacies of Sino-Kiwi business registration, and whether the beauty mark on zhoutong's left cheek is proof that he is a real person have no bearing on your OBLIGATION to the investors. You took it on knowing it was a load of crap, with corrupted records, headaches and a reputation as fucked as Paris Hilton's virtue. All you have shown to date is a well planned scheme to sit on the assets, not prove one word of these allegations about hacking, and refuse to return any of the funds, USD or BTC, that you are holding in trust for the investors.

Them's the real factoids here kiddies, the Bitcoin Consultancy is muddying up the waters, but the truth is that they are liable to a very high degree, and as soon as the mob decides enough is enough and takes action- they will be well and truly fucked. Throwing out the standard con-man protestations of "litigation will destroy the assets", "Courts will only delay this process" and similar tripe is further lies.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:53:18 PM

If you haven't lost anything, just shut up. It's all just blah blah blah. Please stop posting novels.

Payout updates, please. Or tell us how we can help. Block explorer must be the way to go to verify our claims, eps. for everyone who didn't have any position or held any USD. About the reproaches, most of us sure have better things to do than keep posting here for weeks. We have every right to be impatient because we don't even have assurance we are getting our coins back. Will write another email to enquire about my claim.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 06:03:18 PM

If you haven't lost anything, just shut up. It's all just blah blah blah. Please stop posting novels.

Payout updates, please. Or tell us how we can help. Block explorer must be the way to go to verify our claims, eps. for everyone who didn't have any position or held any USD. About the reproaches, most of us sure have better things to do than keep posting here for weeks. We have every right to be impatient because we don't even have assurance we are getting our coins back. Will write another email to enquire about my claim.

Looks like we have a volunteer for shill right here...

Thanks for your salacious words about my posting length- get stuffed. When I need a simpleton to filter my words for the lowest common intellectual denominator, I'll be sure to keep you in mind.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 06:50:52 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2012, 07:20:07 PM by mlawrence

Don't be a ....  He's giving you good advice - stop lying back and waiting for them to get away with this and do something.  I can guarantee you every person involved at Bitcoinica has already received 100%+ of their personal interests in this scam.

It's been a month and they haven't even reported anything to law enforcement.  What does that tell you?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 07:23:59 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2012, 07:49:04 PM by naima53

ha! If we are talking about the ultimate stupidity - that I have the same idea  Roll Eyes ...

Bitkoinika owners! Pay me (on my account Gox) and bitcoin wallet all the money that you have. All the money the participants (cold wallet). btc and dollars. And give me a list of claims. I immediately exchanged all dollars in coins. I will not do anyone any payments for 2 years. After a 2 years course (price) will be so much higher that I could easily pay for ALL claims (including fake) Tongue Wallet will be seen in blockexsplorer, everyone can see that the money in place. I am in Russia, and legally unavailable to American authorities. Exert pressure on me to be pointless, I'll be anonymous.

Only a matter of trust ..  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:11:47 PM

Do something? Like what? There isn't much but the shaming and blaming game. Card's been played. I can post every day on Intersango forums that I want my money back, but for a hundred bitcoins I won't and can't do shit. One thing I can do though is to tell people who have nothing at stake here, and look like they fled to Argentina in 1945 that I don't appreciate their advise.

Back to the topic: Genjix, for people who weren't verified yet on Bitcoinica and no password hash was found. Do you need our passports or not? Thank you.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 08:14:40 PM

Do something? Like what? There isn't much but the shaming and blaming game.

Demand a police file number.  If they refuse, they are scamming you, period, and you should start legal action right away.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
WhatsHappening

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:17:15 PM

Well I stopped to believe to get any of my 450 BTC back. I gave them all information about me, mtgox codes, scan of my ID, everything they wanted. I can't do actually nothing more. Mtgox codes is strong evidence (especially when deposits were made just couple of days before hack). And what is also important I had no open positions, just deposit for interests.

Now I got info from genjix that my account has a lower priority. I've lost my hope, I'm really angry...
btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:22:03 PM

has anyone else been told they have to verify the claim manually. mine says password hash not found
 Huh

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:25:16 PM

has anyone else been told they have to verify the claim manually. mine says password hash not found
 Huh

Yes, there were some pw's that have been recovered so far, I am not sure though if yours was not able to be that it necessarily won't be in the future.  I don't know if that has been fully explained as of yet.
Sysrq

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 04:26:24 AM

I was told this:
"I would suggest that the communication should be strictly about payments progress. Daily factual one-liners as in: "Today we verified 20 balances." or "We expect payments to begin on Friday", or "We're working on a secure system for issuing MtGox codes.""

If you send me a message to genjix@riseup.net then I'll forward you on to them.
naima53

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:28:07 AM

Actually I sent you at lease 3 mails to inquiry my claim status but no mail was replied.

I just finished answering the emails people sent to me asking about their claim's status. If you didn't receive a reply yet then email me again.

I have not got an e-mail back either. Where should we be sending to?
This e-mail is not on the bitcoinica website. I have nothing back from verrify@bitcoinica.com What is the secret address?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

naima53

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 10:26:51 AM

Actually I sent you at lease 3 mails to inquiry my claim status but no mail was replied.

I just finished answering the emails people sent to me asking about their claim's status. If you didn't receive a reply yet then email me again.

I have not got an e-mail back either. Where should we be sending to?
This e-mail is not on the bitcoinica website. I have nothing back from verrify@bitcoinica.com What is the secret address?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sorry, Russian is my native language.
oпeчaткa в aдpece элeктpoннoй пoчты (нaдeюcь cлyчaйнocть  Wink )

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:50:19 AM

The 'secret' email address above works. Promptly received an answer stating my claim wasn't denied, and that I will likely need to become verified first (via passport or such I'm guessing). In any case, lower priority.

While waiting for a lottery win, has anybody actually received any funds yet? Please let us know.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 12:51:01 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2012, 01:13:45 PM by ninjarobot

FYI - https://bitcoinica.com/ has been updated:

2012-06-17 Claims Payments Specifics
Be sure to fillout the payment instructions section of the claim.
Failure to do so will significantly delay claims.

The question is: will failure to add instructions delay 'your claim' or 'all claims' ?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 03:58:43 PM

Do something? Like what? There isn't much but the shaming and blaming game. Card's been played. I can post every day on Intersango forums that I want my money back, but for a hundred bitcoins I won't and can't do shit. One thing I can do though is to tell people who have nothing at stake here, and look like they fled to Argentina in 1945 that I don't appreciate their advise.

Back to the topic: Genjix, for people who weren't verified yet on Bitcoinica and no password hash was found. Do you need our passports or not? Thank you.

The only person who has officially stated that they alone have access to all the verified documents is ZT. None others! Therefore, genjix or any other person is incapable of matching up any private verified documents that may be submitted. I'm of the camp that this fact is indisputable unless, of course, backpedaling a Flying Pigeon is currently in discussion.

~Bruno~
teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 10:39:37 PM

@genjix - sent an e-mail to you regarding my claim

teek

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 10:48:25 PM

Jesus..   people still dont have their coins ?

this is laughable...

Im sorry for people's loss, but this is becoming a huge scam...

The long con, again...

No wonder ZT wants to distance himself...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:29:43 PM

Jesus..   people still dont have their coins ?

People do have their coins. We've been processing payments out during the last few days. But the process is extremely slow and tedious.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:37:31 PM

People do have their coins. We've been processing payments out during the last few days. But the process is extremely slow and tedious.

Thanks for working on this during a weekend genjix.

• I assume that the customers who are receiving payments have been notified over email?
  • How many customers have received 50% payments so far?
  • Do you expect to continue payments at the same rate over the coming days/weeks?
  • Who will bear the cost of incorrect payouts? (assuming that there is a margin of error in the verification process)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: