Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:09:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156628 times)
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:42:30 PM

People do have their coins. We've been processing payments out during the last few days. But the process is extremely slow and tedious.

Thanks for working on this during a weekend genjix.

• I assume that the customers who are receiving payments have been notified over email?
  • How many customers have received 50% payments so far?
  • Do you expect to continue payments at the same rate over the coming days/weeks?
  • Who will bear the cost of incorrect payouts? (assuming that there is a margin of error in the verification process)

1- yes. Going through them one by one.
2- less than 1%. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to say how many people. But it's a small number.
3- hopefully we get faster with experience. Much of the slow speed is a lack of supporting system to act efficiently.
4- we will bear the cost (I assume).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:20:10 AM

This is the forth time I have bought up this important issue, and to date I've not received a single reply by anybody, hence posting once again. Please read entire post, for this is a very important issue.

My husband loss 250K in the Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight. It is not our life savings, trust me.

Before you did not have a database, now you are making up accounts and balances. Zhoutong, I understand its hard to pay out such amount especially when you probably do not have it. Which would explained why all other bitcoinica users that did verify have still received anything. You seem to have most of the forum on your side, waiting and trusting in your words, without realizing that you sold their documents without their consent. Your illegal sale was the cause of the hack and people seem to ignore this. You first denied who I was, then you say you "found" my account. News for you Zhoutong, because of daily limits and red flags triggered by big accounts, I had 7 accounts, all accessed via TOR.

My point of showing you the screenshots was for you to remember since when we have been doing business. I NEVER thought you were going to pretend who I was or denied my claim.

I am going to ask this question one last time because I think it is super important and you are ignoring it for some reason.

How much money did you make, how much Tihan Paid YOU when he bought from you, when you sold all of our emails, passports (expensive in the black market),Drivers license, utility bills, financial tranasctions history, First Names, Last Names, Phone Numbers... Home Address?

If the money never came out of your pocket since the first loss, that must mean your "Tuition" is there untouched. That is magnificent, it truly is. Your 1000 Gold Coin, your playboy shirst, your gucci glasses, your Ipad..true baller in Singapore. All your little buddies must be like yoooo通州什麼該死的人,你是老闆!

Maria.

Just one thing you want to know. Tihan didn't get any of the documents, and the AML was implemented after the sale.

Tihan gave me sole access to the documents because people don't know him. I didn't betray your trust (if any).

Bitcoinica Consultancy has not requested for access either. So no one, other than me, could ever touch the verified documents.

Given the above, and...

I am willing to send a scan of my ID for priority processing of account access

• Yes
  • No

Source: https://claims.bitcoinica.com/

Here is the question, once again: Who, exactly, is viewing and matching up verified document, i.e. passports, DL's, photo ID's, et el.?

~Bruno~
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:26:37 AM

If Zhou Tong doesnt own bitcoinica wtf does he have all of the customers private information still ?
Mind=Blown.

zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:40:08 AM

This is the forth time I have bought up this important issue, and to date I've not received a single reply by anybody, hence posting once again. Please read entire post, for this is a very important issue.

My husband loss 250K in the Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight. It is not our life savings, trust me.

Before you did not have a database, now you are making up accounts and balances. Zhoutong, I understand its hard to pay out such amount especially when you probably do not have it. Which would explained why all other bitcoinica users that did verify have still received anything. You seem to have most of the forum on your side, waiting and trusting in your words, without realizing that you sold their documents without their consent. Your illegal sale was the cause of the hack and people seem to ignore this. You first denied who I was, then you say you "found" my account. News for you Zhoutong, because of daily limits and red flags triggered by big accounts, I had 7 accounts, all accessed via TOR.

My point of showing you the screenshots was for you to remember since when we have been doing business. I NEVER thought you were going to pretend who I was or denied my claim.

I am going to ask this question one last time because I think it is super important and you are ignoring it for some reason.

How much money did you make, how much Tihan Paid YOU when he bought from you, when you sold all of our emails, passports (expensive in the black market),Drivers license, utility bills, financial tranasctions history, First Names, Last Names, Phone Numbers... Home Address?

If the money never came out of your pocket since the first loss, that must mean your "Tuition" is there untouched. That is magnificent, it truly is. Your 1000 Gold Coin, your playboy shirst, your gucci glasses, your Ipad..true baller in Singapore. All your little buddies must be like yoooo通州什麼該死的人,你是老闆!

Maria.

Just one thing you want to know. Tihan didn't get any of the documents, and the AML was implemented after the sale.

Tihan gave me sole access to the documents because people don't know him. I didn't betray your trust (if any).

Bitcoinica Consultancy has not requested for access either. So no one, other than me, could ever touch the verified documents.

Given the above, and...

I am willing to send a scan of my ID for priority processing of account access

• Yes
  • No

Source: https://claims.bitcoinica.com/

Here is the question, once again: Who, exactly, is viewing and matching up verified document, i.e. passports, DL's, photo ID's, et el.?

~Bruno~

No one. The ID supplied was using for AML purposes, not credit check or identification. This time the ID provides is used to verify identication only.

The claim accuracy and account ownership are much more important than IDs. I'm not surprised if the IDs are not being touched at all.

Anyway, Bitcoinica Consultancy has the right to obtain any document from me.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:47:15 AM

If Zhou Tong doesnt own bitcoinica wtf does he have all of the customers private information still ?
Mind=Blown.

When we started asking for IDs, no one knew that I sold the site, so as a moral practice I should be the only one with access these private documents.

After the security attack, I immediately revoked the repository access from the servers and all the keys have been replaced. Since it's just kept in archive for AML and no one find it interesting to look at them everyday, they just stay there.

I'll keep the documents for as long as the government require and promise not to use for any purpose other than AML and other government-related investigations.

If you are uncomfortable with holding your IDs with me, you can contact Bitcoinica Consultancy and send your IDs to them. After I got the confirmation that they have stored your IDs, I'll delete them from the server.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:52:27 AM

Mind=Blown.

When we started asking for IDs, no one knew that I sold the site, so as a moral practice I should be the only one with access these private documents.

After the security attack, I immediately revoked the repository access from the servers and all the keys have been replaced. Since it's just kept in archive for AML and no one find it interesting to look at them everyday, they just stay there.

I'll keep the documents for as long as the government require and promise not to use for any purpose other than AML and other government-related investigations.

If you are uncomfortable with holding your IDs with me, you can contact Bitcoinica Consultancy and send your IDs to them. After I got the confirmation that they have stored your IDs, I'll delete them from the server.

Really? This is how you want to go about processing every single of your customers IDs? I thought you wanted to study this year? You might want to reconsider your plan for a little more efficency because people will probably require you to delete that data. Just my 2 cents.
Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:55:52 AM

No one. The ID supplied was using for AML purposes, not credit check or identification. This time the ID provides is used to verify identication only.

The claim accuracy and account ownership are much more important than IDs. I'm not surprised if the IDs are not being touched at all.

Anyway, Bitcoinica Consultancy has the right to obtain any document from me.

So you DID sell the documents and private information .

Question for the forum: How much does each of the following go for?

5000 +  User emails =

3000 Drivers Licenses (not only USA, but from ANY and EVERY corner of the globe) =

List of Home and Postal Addresses  =

List of Phone numbers =

The Jackpot 3,000 + Worldwide Passports =

And lets not forget that these are all TOP Quality scans and are matched up.

zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 03:04:04 AM

Mind=Blown.

Really? This is how you want to go about processing every single of your customers IDs? I thought you wanted to study this year? You might want to reconsider your plan for a little more efficency because people will probably require you to delete that data. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think many people will want to do that. Bitcoinica Consultancy will have to keep the IDs for the same amount of time. The security isn't a problem (AES-256) either.

There are not many IDs there, probably around 200.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:48:16 AM

Mind=Blown.

I'm not a lawyer, but I seem to recall that asking and recording fingerprint and ID information for a third party without informing about said third party, is a serious offence in the UK...

So the business wasn't yours and you continued taking and recording ID documents on its name? I'd be very surprised if that's not a serious crime in Australia, being their legal base basically the Common Law. I'd have this fixed before going there if I were you.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:53:32 AM

Mind=Blown.

I'm not a lawyer, but I seem to recall that asking and recording fingerprint and ID information for a third party without informing about said third party, is a serious offence in the UK...

So the business wasn't yours and you continued taking and recording ID documents on its name? I'd be very surprised if that's not a serious crime in Australia, being their legal base basically the Common Law. I'd have this fixed before going there if I were you.

Troll detected.

1) Zhou was in Singapore at the time
2) Zhou was working for Bitcoinica (Please go ask Adam at MtGox if he's breaking any laws holding your records for MtGox on their servers) and had all the rights and privileges necessary to request and approve documents.

Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:40:14 AM

Quote from: zhoutong date=1339988836
You're in most people's ignore list now, including mine.

What do you want, scammer?

PM me only when you are ready to make the payment and you want to confirm my btc address, otherwise do not bother.

You call me a scammer, yet I never stole a bitcoin from anybody, in fact I gave bitcoins to the community.

You on the other hand not only lied to all of us, you took our bitcoins.

Ignore me Zhoutong its fine. Action speaks louder than words.

Maria.

@Matthew We already know on which team you are. No need for the public ball sucking.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:04:41 AM

Quote from: zhoutong date=1339988836
You're in most people's ignore list now, including mine.

What do you want, scammer?

PM me only when you are ready to make the payment and you want to confirm my btc address, otherwise do not bother.

You call me a scammer, yet I never stole a bitcoin from anybody, in fact I gave bitcoins to the community.

You on the other hand not only lied to all of us, you took our bitcoins.

Ignore me Zhoutong its fine. Action speaks louder than words.

Maria.

@Matthew We already know on which team you are. No need for the public ball sucking.

Don't you have more logs to post someplace or more pizzas to toss?

zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 07:25:24 AM

Mind=Blown.

I was working for Bitcoinica and I was specially assigned the right and the responsibility to deal with these records. There's no instruction so far from Bitcoinica LP, so I should continue the responsibility. It seems that Bitcoinca Consultancy is more like the 3rd party here because the handover happens after AML requirements.

It's illegal for me to pass the documents to anyone else without informing the public. And it depends on Bitcoinica LP regarding how to deal with these documents. If there's no instruction nothing will happen.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 07:40:35 AM

zhou: When can I(or anyone else) expect my/our payout?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 07:58:07 AM

zhou: When can I(or anyone else) expect my/our payout?

I have no idea. I haven't heard anything from Bitcoinica for more than a week.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:02:54 AM

Has anything happened further with this event? I have not seen any dates as of yet, and nothing listed on the website.

Am I missing another source of information for this event?

Would love to attend but need dates etc.

I discovered today it says 15-16 september on http://bitcoin2012.com/

Wow really? it was December last I heard here... why isn't that being announced?

Bitcoinica issue is delaying the organisation of this. Until Bitcoinica payouts have been made (which should hopefully be within a month).

from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67199.msg969296#msg969296
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:04:19 AM

Mind=Blown.

Troll detected.

1) Zhou was in Singapore at the time
2) Zhou was working for Bitcoinica (Please go ask Adam at MtGox if he's breaking any laws holding your records for MtGox on their servers) and had all the rights and privileges necessary to request and approve documents.

Yeah Troll detected, you put your real pic in your profile.

1) Does not matter
2) He just confessed to having falsified/concealed his position at Bitcoinica.

People sending IDs to MtGox are not sending them to some Adam, they are sending them to MtGox. There is no falsification of responsibilities there. ZT was receiving IDs under false premises ("it was secret at that point that he had sold Bitcoinica"), so people were sending IDs to ZT/Bitcoinica not knowing of this change in ownership ZT has openly admitted to have hidden consciously.

I once looked into opening a betting site and had to read lots of legislation and I'm almost positive that you'd have to inform of a change of ownership were you asking for highly sensitive data like ID scans and fingerprints. If that Adam was lying or hiding crucial information about his position at MtGox while personally asking you for your ID that would definitely be crossing some red lines.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 08:16:12 AM

http://privacy.org.nz/the-privacy-act-and-codes/  might want to read that.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:18:56 AM

Yeah Troll detected, you put your real pic in your profile.

1) Does not matter
2) He just confessed to having falsified/concealed his position at Bitcoinica.

OHNOES. He wasn't clear of his position but kept business going on as the new management never instructed him to do any differently! Better call the internet police!

People sending IDs to MtGox are not sending them to some Adam
People sending IDs to Bitcoinica are not sending them to Zhou

That said I'm pretty positive Adam -is- the person receiving the IDs and processing them. Or some other individual. And they have no need to disclose to you their equity stake or management position in the company either. U mad?

ZT was receiving IDs under false premises
Prove it. What's your legal source for this anyway?

I once looked into opening a betting site

Oh you must be an expert then. Carry on.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:25:37 AM

Mind=Blown.

I was working for Bitcoinica and I was specially assigned the right and the responsibility to deal with these records. There's no instruction so far from Bitcoinica LP, so I should continue the responsibility. It seems that Bitcoinca Consultancy is more like the 3rd party here because the handover happens after AML requirements.

It's illegal for me to pass the documents to anyone else without informing the public. And it depends on Bitcoinica LP regarding how to deal with these documents. If there's no instruction nothing will happen.

This is fine, but when you run a financial service or simply keep record of sensitive information like IDs and fingerprints, stuff like a change in ownership have to be announced and this is not optional.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: