Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FaucetBOX.com - API & faucet script, create your own crypto faucet  (Read 119977 times)
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:59:19 PM

I've seen that Faucetbox has an expiration date.
Will it continue or expired.

Where did you see that? We don't plan stopping our service for now Smiley

You can see the expiration date in Whois.
But it will be renewed automatically?

I think Reddcoins should be added to Faucetbox because it is still cheaper than Dogecoin.

Here, I was hoping for Darkcoin, because it's the most searched-for-coin for faucets (based on my website counter stat page).
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:02:49 PM

I expect that the domain will be renewed by the admin, yes.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:46:36 AM

A+ from me. Please keep up the great work Smiley

Agreed (I had issues and support helped me out tremendously and it really is easy to use). Thank you FaucetBOX! Cheesy

Thank you Smiley

We will renew it.

I think Reddcoins should be added to Faucetbox because it is still cheaper than Dogecoin.

I don't see how price is relevant Smiley

Here, I was hoping for Darkcoin, because it's the most searched-for-coin for faucets (based on my website counter stat page).

I'm actually testing Darkcoin, but I still have second thoughts about it. Looks like it's developing quickly and it needs to be updated a little bit too often.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:19:25 PM

I'm actually testing Darkcoin, but I still have second thoughts about it. Looks like it's developing quickly and it needs to be updated a little bit too often.

Yeah, they recently had a mandatory wallet upgrade, but most of their upgrades aren't mandatory.  I hope it works out though. I know if it was easier to make them, like faucetBOX is, more darkcoin faucets would pop up, especially since there's a high demand for them. I believe it's taken over litecoin in value at this time. It would be great for traffic to see more of them. But I understand your concern about having to upgrade the wallet more often than other coins, they seem on top of it, trying to fix things immediately, etc. Good for the coin, annoying for the wallet upgrades, lol. Wink
BitcoinStriker

Activity: 518

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:46:19 PM

I just love using FaucetBOX script. Simple, clean and fast! Just more free themes missing :/

Hello.
Is it me you are looking for?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:54:27 PM

Why all faucets pays to their website instead of Wallets of users directly Sad It would be nice if there is an open source faucet just like freebitco.in I guess

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:57:40 PM

Why all faucets pays to their website instead of Wallets of users directly Sad It would be nice if there is an open source faucet just like freebitco.in I guess

Because it's hard and expensive for faucet owners.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:00:18 PM

What do you mean exactly , does those FAUCETS actually take some fees or something when someone is running their faucet on their website

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:11:36 PM

What do you mean exactly , does those FAUCETS actually take some fees or something when someone is running their faucet on their website

There's a lot of things that have to be done when running an independent faucet that:
1. it has to accumulate micro prizes, because it's impossible to send less than ~5k satoshi using Bitcoin network.
2. there's a fee to the network: 0.0001 BTC for each 1KB of transaction. It adds up fast. If you're not careful, you can end up spending more on network fees than you're sending to your users. One of my faucets was spending 20% of coins on fees. With FaucetBOX.com it's down to 3%, so with FaucetBOX.com faucets can give more to the users.
3. run a full-blown Bitcoin node (or use something like Blockchain.info API, but that's not so independent anymore).

optigon

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 08:17:55 PM

do you plan to add more altcoins?
ripple, paycoin?
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:25:59 PM

ripple, paycoin?

We won't add Paycoin in near future. It's the first time i hear about Ripple, so no for that one for now too. We'll probably implement Darkcoin, but no ETA yet.

optigon

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 08:35:27 PM

ripple, paycoin?

We won't add Paycoin in near future. It's the first time i hear about Ripple, so no for that one for now too. We'll probably implement Darkcoin, but no ETA yet.
thank you
Ripple is #2 on http://coinmarketcap.com/,  coin supply is great for faucet (no satoshis)
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:58:19 PM

ripple, paycoin?

thank you
Ripple is #2 on http://coinmarketcap.com/,  coin supply is great for faucet (no satoshis)

Looks like rippled JSON-RPC protocol isn't compatible with Bitcoin Core protocol, so it's very unlikely we'll add it this year.

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:42:46 PM

FaucetBOX.com will be down for maintenance, we're upgrading our infrastructure. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes Smiley

Codeah

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:22:40 PM

I hope that you are fixing the payout threshold thing so that only the owner can acces it.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:26:30 PM

I hope that you are fixing the payout threshold thing so that only the owner can acces it.

No, it's not that. Only a server upgrade. We still haven't decided what will be the best way to restrict access to the threshold setting.

Codeah

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:33:36 PM

Hmmmm... What if next to the payout threshold box will be a PIN Code installation button which you can only press once to set a password. When changing the threshold you will need to enter that PIN Code.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:40:07 PM

Hmmmm... What if next to the payout threshold box will be a PIN Code installation button which you can only press once to set a password. When changing the threshold you will need to enter that PIN Code.

That's one of the ideas we have. However what about people that didn't set their PIN? Someone evil could set a PIN and then the real owner wouldn't be able to payout at all. The only way they could prove they're the owner then would be signing a message using an address, but most people have no idea how to do that (and some people use exchange addresses, where they don't have access to the private key).

I believe that the only sane way is signing messages from the very beginning. That way only real address owner can change the threshold. If the owner can't sign a message, they'll be stuck with the default lowest-possible threshold (which isn't that bad, at least they'll get the coins).

m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:45:50 PM

unable to edit .index file forbidden error ocured if anyone help me in this on my site i
will very thankfull to u
hi can i use this script into my faucet my faucet is simple what are steps to use
Read the post I quoted, that's the instructions I'm following. If/when I get it working I'll break down the steps for you if your stuck.
That's a strange error, tell me exactly what the error was & I might be able to help. And what you were doing to get the error? It sounds like you done something wrong FTP'ing but without more info I can't be sure.

i am working on this when i apply code in submit area in ftp

in website Submit button removed even if adblock not installed

yep, that's the exact problem I'm having now, with the code enabled the button disappears with or without adblock. I've put ads.js in every directory but still not working.

Hey!! I had the same problem with the ads.js... Try renaming it to advertisements.js! The adblocker was allowing ads.js to go through, but will not let advertisements.js go through! It worked for me Cheesy
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:21:08 PM

That's one of the ideas we have. However what about people that didn't set their PIN? Someone evil could set a PIN and then the real owner wouldn't be able to payout at all. The only way they could prove they're the owner then would be signing a message using an address, but most people have no idea how to do that (and some people use exchange addresses, where they don't have access to the private key).

I believe that the only sane way is signing messages from the very beginning. That way only real address owner can change the threshold. If the owner can't sign a message, they'll be stuck with the default lowest-possible threshold (which isn't that bad, at least they'll get the coins).

Make it that way:
- everybody is able to change the value without pin or password (like it is now) BUT
- if he decides to change the value providing a signed message then require a signed message if he wants to change the value in the future.

This is both Safe and Painless (at least for the users Grin).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: