Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:13:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
olarsson

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:47:26 AM

If I belive in Factom why should I not buy Factom stocks instead of factoids?

So go buy stocks, what s the problem there?

I really do not understand troll mentality here. If you do not like some coin/token/service and you like some other coin/token/service, why you waste time and energy on the thread of coind/token/service you dislike? Sell you stuff and move to that side where you feel comfortable, right?

There s big difference between stock and token, in terms of potential reward but also in terms of actual investment.

Most of people here come and cry how come Factom has not duplicated Dash price rise. Let me go back to these people and ask them, why didnt u buy Dash or Ether or Zcash or whatever when it was $1? Exactly due to the same reason you do not buy Factom now, u probably spent time on their forums saying how those coins re shit. That kind of mentality makes you start appreciating something once it has skyrocked in price. At that point, it s too late, my friends.

You need to seize the opportunity BEFORE it has started to grow and expand. That s the whole point of investing.

I try to understand why I should buy FCT and I have not got any good answer yet. As I understand it factoids are totally superficial and the Factom project could very well get rid of them without impairing any functionality.

Please consider answering my question:

How many Factom Entry Credids (EC) will you get for one Factoid (FCT) and how is that related to the FCT price?

The answer will be very surprising to you I think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:04:30 PM

I really do not understand troll mentality here. If you do not like some coin/token/service and you like some other coin/token/service, why you waste time and energy on the thread of coind/token/service you dislike? Sell you stuff and move to that side where you feel comfortable, right?

There s big difference between stock and token, in terms of potential reward but also in terms of actual investment.

Most of people here come and cry how come Factom has not duplicated Dash price rise. Let me go back to these people and ask them, why didnt u buy Dash or Ether or Zcash or whatever when it was $1? Exactly due to the same reason you do not buy Factom now, u probably spent time on their forums saying how those coins re shit. That kind of mentality makes you start appreciating something once it has skyrocked in price. At that point, it s too late, my friends.

You need to seize the opportunity BEFORE it has started to grow and expand. That s the whole point of investing.

I try to understand why I should buy FCT and I have not got any good answer yet. As I understand it factoids are totally superficial and the Factom project could very well get rid of them without impairing any functionality.

How many Factom Entry Credids (EC) will you get for one Factoid (FCT) and how is that related to the FCT price?

It's not that hard to understand man, Entry Credits are pulled straight from Factoids AFAIK, they are not created from thin air. If there's enough demand for them this will burn a lot of the supply. So it depends on how succesful Factom will be, and the same applies with buying company shares. If there's not enough clients or interest both Factom price and company shares will plummet.
olarsson

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:53:02 PM

It's not that hard to understand man, Entry Credits are pulled straight from Factoids AFAIK, they are not created from thin air. If there's enough demand for them this will burn a lot of the supply. So it depends on how succesful Factom will be, and the same applies with buying company shares. If there's not enough clients or interest both Factom price and company shares will plummet.

No one has addressed the fact that the price of FCT can be manipulated by Factom changing the ratio of FCT to EC. And they can control the desirability of purchasing FCT by altering the price of EC at their shop.
Less338

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

No one has addressed the fact that the price of FCT can be manipulated by Factom changing the ratio of FCT to EC. And they can control the desirability of purchasing FCT by altering the price of EC at their shop.

Because the conversion rate can not be changed just like that. The conversion rate is 0.1 cent per entry credit. Only time when this could change is during the transition to Milestone 3. And then not even Factom gets to choose the conversion rate, but the people who will run the servers do.
The price of an entry credit can be higher in the shop, because Factom will do the conversion for you. Still 0.1 cent of Factoids are burned per entry credit, some companies just overpay to avoid the hassle.

Don't state facts when you don't know shit.
CocoLibre

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:35:20 PM

Factom broke 100 million records today, a small initial milestone for the system as most of this activity is POC testing and not full commercialization. Should get very interesting once we start to see some of the larger MOUs(Ancun/Smartrac) turn on later in the year.

FACTOM LIVE USAGE

The Factom Foundation's protocol is already in use, and it's growing every day.

100,002,181 Records 7,226,028 Entries 80,816 Anchors
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:14:27 PM

Factom broke 100 million records today, a small initial milestone for the system as most of this activity is POC testing and not full commercialization. Should get very interesting once we start to see some of the larger MOUs(Ancun/Smartrac) turn on later in the year.

FACTOM LIVE USAGE

The Factom Foundation's protocol is already in use, and it's growing every day.

100,002,181 Records 7,226,028 Entries 80,816 Anchors

That's pretty amazing, quite an active usage already.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:52:29 PM

factom is cool,but its one of the ugliest book on polo  Sad

what the incentive buying FCT ?
olarsson

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:50:18 PM

Still 0.1 cent of Factoids are burned per entry credit, some companies just overpay to avoid the hassle.

Have you ever heard of a "cent" of a Factoid? It is cent of a dollar. 1 dollar will give you 1000 entry credits.

Entry credit price is unrelated to Factoid market price!
olarsson

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:01:57 PM

A very imporant question that has not been answered yet; How many EC will I get for a FCT?
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

A very imporant question that has not been answered yet; How many EC will I get for a FCT?

1 EC = 0.1$

If you bought 1 factoid for 3$ you get 3/0.1 = 30 ECs.
If you bought 1 factoid for 4$ you get 4/0.1 = 40 ECs.
If you bought 1 factoid for 200$ you get 200/0.1 = 2000 ECs.

If you need 30 ECs, you just buy some factoids on 3$.

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
olarsson

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:22:10 PM

If demand is high price of FCT in dollars will go up then I will get much EC for each FCT which will lower the demand.

If demand is low price of FCT in dollars will o down and I will get little EC for each FCT which will make demand higher.

I can not see any possibility of FCT skyrocketing to Alpha Centauri, do you?
olarsson

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:24:16 PM

1 EC = 0.1$

You are wrong. This is right:

1 EC = 0.1 cent = 0.0001$
poptop
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:38:26 PM

1 EC = 0.1$

You are wrong. This is right:

1 EC = 0.1 cent = 0.0001$
You're right, but the meaning is the same.

Factom has many clients today. Their demand is very big. Only one possible thing for providing their demand that is high price of factoids to provide lots of ECs.

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
olarsson

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:53:59 PM

If factoid price will be high you will get many EC for a FCT and the demand will drop. Factom has many clients but I dubt that more than a few use factoids.
poptop
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:05:53 PM

If factoid price will be high you will get many EC for a FCT and the demand will drop.
Why? ECs are needed constantly and it's single-time. Factom gives their customers software which works on ECs. If simplistic factom gives you your own database and you can add into it your information only if you have ECs.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:06:06 PM

If factoid price will be high you will get many EC for a FCT and the demand will drop. Factom has many clients but I dubt that more than a few use factoids.

You obviously have no idea about potential of this coin when data storing is in question. We potentially talk about BILLIONS of entries per day. Let me remind you Factom s recorded just over 7 million entires over the last year or so of the testing phase.

Again, compare that to billions of data entries per day. Do you have any idea how big is global mortgage market? How big is the need for storing of other financial data? Medical records? Etc, etc.

All in all, move on, go back to whatever coin you seem appropriate for you and I wish you good luck from the bottom of my heart.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
poptop
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:20:19 PM

Again, compare that to billions of data entries per day. Do you have any idea how big is global mortgage market? How big is the need for storing of other financial data? Medical records? Etc, etc.
++
OR stock exchanges http://thedashtimes.com/2016/08/11/datayes-and-factom-collobrate/
Or smart cities in China.
Or big data.

D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:11:02 AM

+1. Nicely said, crazyivan.
laugh2btc

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:21:37 AM

+1. Nicely said, crazyivan.

olarsson just asked why not buy factom stocks at bttf instead of factoids. That´s not trolling in my opinion. Or do i understand it wrong?
scamalert0

Activity: 498
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:38:29 AM

You obviously have no idea about potential of this coin when data storing is in question. We potentially talk about BILLIONS of entries per day. Let me remind you Factom s recorded just over 7 million entires over the last year or so of the testing phase.

All in all, move on, go back to whatever coin you seem appropriate for you and I wish you good luck from the bottom of my heart.
So much slow ...
Should I hold or sell FCT now??
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: