Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
elkrisi

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:33:10 PM

Everybody here should make up someting worth selling or trading and make an contract for it.

So we create an small market which will attract more and more.

That would be ideal.

Or even stuff that's not worth selling. Just to try it out and see what will happen. You really don't want your first smart contract with someone to be about something expensive. Trust me.

I like this idea. WTS last nights pizza. Half left, good quality. 10 btc ono Tongue

seriously though I can't wait to be able to start buying via bitbay. will be a much welcomed alternative to ebay with their crazy fee

Think smaller. The reason why Doge works is because a lot of the transactions are about virtually nothing. People throw coins at each other for fun. 

Think about 'bullshit commisions' (yes I coined that phrase right now). 

A bullshit commision is where you 'hire' someone through a smart contract. Your commision is a description of some really ridiculous but easy task. Like:

- Make a reddit post using the words 'banana' and 'airconditioner'
or
- Upload a picture of a duck to imgur and send me the link
or
- Share the FB status update I Just made 

Write that in a contract. Both parties then add some small amount of satoshis in the eskrow and set the transaction and the time limit.   

Now you both have the keys and one of you folks will have to do the bullshit commision. 

Once that bullshit commision is done, you sort out the commision and fulfil the rest of the transaction. The client pays the commisioner his pocket change as a reward and both parties release the eskrow. 

Done. 

Don't do this with large amounts. Or actually do it with large amounts but make sure you screenshot it so the rest of the world can point and laugh at two newbies burning each other's capital Tongue

Anyway, I hope you all get the point. Smart contracts are new and they only start becoming widespread when more people start using them. First for ridiculous shit like this so you get acquianted with the process AND the consequences and later on for more serious stuff. 

This is where the new economy starts.

Hey, you just described Fiverr operation here!
Not to mention Amazon's digital Turk...

Fiverr (for those of you not familiar with this) is a huge-huge site where people get $5 to perform a task they are experts in doing: Making a 2min video presentation, providing facebook marketing services, translating things, writing a name on a grain of rice, name it and it is there.
This "bullshit commission" is not so bullshit after all: it can be a huge operation where buyers find and pay sellers of any type of services.

Once the smart contract is in place and working, we will have the payment / escrow infrastructure to cover any type of operations.

Imagine contacting fiverr sellers and give them the opportunity to use BAY infrastructure for added income. Or better yet build a BAY-centered site where API calls to fiverr can find best services to contact for interested buyers.

BAY community should fund efforts to build such services. Getting into the real economy is a VAST opportunity. And it can happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

Hey All,

BAY is now available for trade on Bittrex

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BAY

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
tehBonz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:41:56 PM

I've been lurking here for over a year now. I've made my mistakes and also made quite a few gains while investing in various coins. I've definitely went through my maturing process.

This one really seems special though. There's a trusted/extremely knowledgeable developer in charge here. That alone is tremendous for this project. As long as the dev's stick to their timeline of promised features and the marketing is done correctly, I see all who get in early (now is still early) to make a nice profit.

The people that are selling below ICO pricing are just being impatient. They're trying to jump on the next hot coin, make some percentage fast, then move on. This isn't the coin for that. This is a long term investment here.

Most of the features we're promised for the beginning of next year. That is when we will see some actual price movement. Get in early and be happy later.

EDIT: The Bittrex news is great. A dev should post an announcement about this news outside of this thread!
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:44:59 PM

I've been lurking here for over a year now. I've made my mistakes and also made quite a few gains while investing in various coins. I've definitely went through my maturing process.

This one really seems special though. There's a trusted/extremely knowledgeable developer in charge here. That alone is tremendous for this project. As long as the dev's stick to their timeline of promised features and the marketing is done correctly, I see all who get in early (now is still early) to make a nice profit.

The people that are selling below ICO pricing are just being impatient. They're trying to jump on the next hot coin, make some percentage fast, then move on. This isn't the coin for that. This is a long term investment here.

Most of the features we're promised for the beginning of next year. That is when we will see some actual price movement. Get in early and be happy later.

EDIT: The Bittrex news is great. A dev should post an announcement about this news outside of this thread!

Yea guys. Listen to the newbie 0 activity account!

get it now above 200 sats, instead of later at 100-140 or even sub 100!

in noobs we trust.  Cool
tehBonz

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:48:15 PM

in noobs we trust.  Cool

Sorry fella, but the last thing I'm going to spend my time on is engaging with a keyboard warrior. Move along.  Wink
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:54:43 PM

Hey All,

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Very cool..  Cool
J9901

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:55:05 PM

in noobs we trust.  Cool

Sorry fella, but the last thing I'm going to spend my time on is engaging with a keyboard warrior. Move along.  Wink

at least have the balls to use your primary account. im pretty sure you're not the dev, but you are obviously invested in bay.

fyi hyping up with newbie 0 activity accounts do more damage than good as your agenda becomes obvious. So you're doing your investment a disservice... 'Newbie'.  Cool
tehBonz

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:01:33 PM

in noobs we trust.  Cool

Sorry fella, but the last thing I'm going to spend my time on is engaging with a keyboard warrior. Move along.  Wink

at least have the balls to use your primary account. im pretty sure you're not the dev, but you are obviously invested in bay.

fyi hyping up with newbie 0 activity accounts do more damage than good as your agenda becomes obvious. So you're doing your investment a disservice... 'Newbie'.  Cool

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but honest to God, this is my real account. I don't have the time to be hyping random coins. Which is why I've never done it in the past. I believe in this one though.

And is calling me a "Newbie" supposed to bother me? I stopped name calling back in my school days. It does however, reflect poorly on you. Grow up kid.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:04:13 PM

Come'on guys, please keep it civil and on topic.

Scott-
choeymethod

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:04:38 PM

Hey All,

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex
Nice
J9901

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:06:14 PM

in noobs we trust.  Cool

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but honest to God, this is my real account. I don't have the time to be hyping random coins. Which is why I've never done it in the past. I believe in this one though.

And is calling me a "Newbie" supposed to bother me? I stopped name calling back in my school days. It does however, reflect poorly on you. Grow up kid.

you really are a fool if you think that was intended for name-calling. lmao. read it again. pay attention kiddo. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

expecting to see more of you here. but more from your primary account. try your best to not quote me so you dont give yourself away.  Wink
wpstudio

Activity: 660

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 06:14:11 PM

Bittrex has a nice interface... but for me over the past year Bter has always been lightning fast for me.
tehBonz

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:14:32 PM

Are you having a bad day or something?
Did I say your username in most original post? No?

Get past your new found infatuation with my "original" username. You're looking at it.

Anyway, now that the troll has been fed, back to the coin:

How much (on average) can one make from staking in a 24 hour period? Does it depend on the amount of BAY that you have in your wallet?
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:30:30 PM

Hey All,

Thanks,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Awsome thanks

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:46:19 PM

Good thing about more exchanges is someone can't play around on BTER with the price. Time to move up! Or arbitrage.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 06:52:28 PM

Are you having a bad day or something?
Did I say your username in most original post? No?

Get past your new found infatuation with my "original" username. You're looking at it.

Anyway, now that the troll has been fed, back to the coin:

How much (on average) can one make from staking in a 24 hour period? Does it depend on the amount of BAY that you have in your wallet?

Well, its 1% per year so, take the number of coins in your wallet, multiply by 1% then divide by 365...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
hossy

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:04:46 PM

Nice more recognition now we start to move up
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:08:59 PM

Tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/Gizfreaknl/status/534698921411747840
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:24:19 PM

I don't agree and it hardly is good promotion for BitBay. It is what it is a decentralised trading point with zero trust needed, Ebay/Alibaba on Crack without the fees, pardon the drug reference.

I still think people haven't understood the significance of this project yet. Its a trillion dollar market!
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

I don't agree and it hardly is good promotion for BitBay. It is what it is a decentralised trading point with zero trust needed, Ebay/Alibaba on Crack without the fees, pardon the drug reference.

I still think people haven't understood the significance of this project yet. Its a trillion dollar market!
It's maybe not the best promotion, I agree, but for me it's a fact that it will be used for both legal and illegal trades and in that way will become a sort of successor to SR.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: