Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Baghead

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:06:29 PM

Need some help importing .dat backup file from usb into a new wallet? If you have the time a small guide would be awesome so other noobs have somewhere to get the answer also.

Many thanks in advance this has been emotional  Cheesy Huh.

On the  computer, just go here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\BitBay
...and replace the wallet.dat file with your backup .dat (rename it back to "wallet" if you saved it under a different name).

You will then have the original wallet's addresses and transaction data. You will also have to use the same password so remember it. If anything, you may need to re-sync with the blockchain to get current but that is understandable.

Scott-

As usual you are a great help and if I was not so all over the place I am sure this would be sorted. I have 2 questions please Scott, when you say (on the computer) am I typing C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\BitBay into the shell? and when you say replace the wallet.dat file with my back up.dat how do I do that please bud? I found my backup.dat then I left click and I can't find option to replace  

Edit also do I need to be in the new wallet? Which i am and its synced but with 0 Bay atm   Undecided
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:10:20 PM

Need some help importing .dat backup file from usb into a new wallet? If you have the time a small guide would be awesome so other noobs have somewhere to get the answer also.

Many thanks in advance this has been emotional  Cheesy Huh.

On the  computer, just go here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\BitBay
...and replace the wallet.dat file with your backup .dat (rename it back to "wallet" if you saved it under a different name).

You will then have the original wallet's addresses and transaction data. You will also have to use the same password so remember it. If anything, you may need to re-sync with the blockchain to get current but that is understandable.

Scott-

As usual you are a great help and if I was not so all over the place I am sure this would be sorted. I have 2 questions please Scott, when you say (on the computer) am I typing C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\BitBay into the shell? and when you say replace the wallet.dat file with my back up.dat how do I do that please bud? I found my backup.dat then I left click and I can't find option to replace  

to find the correct wallet folder: type %appdata% into start menu search box. that brings up your roaming folder with bitbay inside.

the 'wallet' and 'backup' names can be used on the same dat file, it's just a way of backing up your current dat file (name it 'backup', move it into a new folder in same location) before you put a different dat file as 'walle't for bay to find when it starts up.

hope i have understood your q correctly.

threecats

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:13:47 PM

Your wallet is showing zero because it is not reading your backup wallet. you need to get rid of the 'wallet' that is there (with zero), put your backup in its place and rename it 'wallet'.

As always, back up everything b4 mucking with wallets.
Toxamax

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:31:29 PM

Everybody here should make up someting worth selling or trading and make an contract for it.

So we create an small market which will attract more and more.

That would be ideal.

Or even stuff that's not worth selling. Just to try it out and see what will happen. You really don't want your first smart contract with someone to be about something expensive. Trust me.

I like this idea. WTS last nights pizza. Half left, good quality. 10 btc ono Tongue

seriously though I can't wait to be able to start buying via bitbay. will be a much welcomed alternative to ebay with their crazy fee

Think smaller. The reason why Doge works is because a lot of the transactions are about virtually nothing. People throw coins at each other for fun. 

Think about 'bullshit commisions' (yes I coined that phrase right now). 

A bullshit commision is where you 'hire' someone through a smart contract. Your commision is a description of some really ridiculous but easy task. Like:

- Make a reddit post using the words 'banana' and 'airconditioner'
or
- Upload a picture of a duck to imgur and send me the link
or
- Share the FB status update I Just made 

Write that in a contract. Both parties then add some small amount of satoshis in the eskrow and set the transaction and the time limit.   

Now you both have the keys and one of you folks will have to do the bullshit commision. 

Once that bullshit commision is done, you sort out the commision and fulfil the rest of the transaction. The client pays the commisioner his pocket change as a reward and both parties release the eskrow. 

Done. 

Don't do this with large amounts. Or actually do it with large amounts but make sure you screenshot it so the rest of the world can point and laugh at two newbies burning each other's capital Tongue

Anyway, I hope you all get the point. Smart contracts are new and they only start becoming widespread when more people start using them. First for ridiculous shit like this so you get acquianted with the process AND the consequences and later on for more serious stuff. 

This is where the new economy starts.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:40:08 PM

Since Bay is going to be so merchant based, i think the devs should consider making a debit card that can be used at all EFTPOS terminals. You load the card up with BitBay, go shopping, buy a product and:

"How would you like to pay for your japanese sex doll, cash or credit?"

"BitBay" *flashes BitBay debit card with a cheesy smirk*

The Bay would then get sent to the BitBay marketplace where it is automatically exchanged for fiat back to the retailer, reducing any risk of volatility because it will be instant.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:01:38 PM

Napster -> Bittorrent
Silk Road -> BitBay
joffmac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:21:05 PM

help please i backed up my old wallet then my laptop crash when the wallet was open so the file did not
work so pasted it into a new file with my back in it and the wallet was up but no coins?what am i doing wrong?
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:26:16 PM

help please i backed up my old wallet then my laptop crash when the wallet was open so the file did not
work so pasted it into a new file with my back in it and the wallet was up but no coins?what am i doing wrong?

You should lern to use wallets first before you invest in coins Roll Eyes.

Rename the backup to wallet.dat and place it into the right folder.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:08:37 PM

Since Bay is going to be so merchant based, i think the devs should consider making a debit card that can be used at all EFTPOS terminals. You load the card up with BitBay, go shopping, buy a product and:

The Bay would then get sent to the BitBay marketplace where it is automatically exchanged for fiat back to the retailer, reducing any risk of volatility because it will be instant.

Well its peer to peer. So all we need is a good vendor who wants to refill those cards and issue them. This can be easy once things really get going.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:34:03 PM

Interesting but, is the goal not to instantly exchange to fiat? One of the reasons Bitcoin hasnt gone "to da moon". I see Bitbay as more of it's own ecosystem without the exchange part, eventually...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:46:32 PM

I want to see Alibaba suppliers using the smart contract technology to actually deliver products.
I want to see an increasing number of customers / end users actually using the escrow features in BAY to actually buy and sell things.

This.
Well said. +1

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
Toxamax

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:19:46 PM

"Life is antithropic, constantly moving to greater forms of self-organization"

http://youtu.be/teVxpgm74Uw
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:23:55 PM

airsoftgun,..
This toy has many fans in my country,..

this toy is good for fun

Airsoft guns are great fun.  I'd be all about purchasing some if they become available in the market place.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:43:07 PM

Even after reading I am still questioning the following:

Lets say I am an travel agency.

Mr Bitbay wants to buy a flight ticket.

I send him an contract? stating he gets his ticket at the times he wants.

Then he pays to middle party??

When he arrives in Bahamas who decided contract is complete ?

and then middle party gives me my money.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Toxamax

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:48:00 PM

You and Mr Bitbay first sign the contract stating what ticket Mr Bitbay is receiving and how much he'll be paying you for it. You also define how much collateral money you put in the smart contract.  

You both put the collateral money into the contract and the contract is locked.

You send Mr Bitbay his tickets, Mr Bitbay sends you his money. Once you both have what you want, you use your personal key to unlock the contract and the collateral money is released back to you.

In case you or Mr Bitbay don't receive what they signed up for, one or both of you won't use their key to unlock the contract. The collateral money remains in there either indefinitely or until the defined period of time runs out and the money burns up. OR of course, until you both find a way to settle it. Either through extending the contract, building a new one or simply holding up your side of the deal.  

Kevinrasf

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:52:08 PM

You and Mr Bitbay first sign the contract stating what ticket Mr Bitbay is receiving and how much he'll be paying you for it. You also define how much collateral money you put in the smart contract.  

You both put the collateral money into the contract and the contract is locked.

You send Mr Bitbay his tickets, Mr Bitbay sends you his money. Once you both have what you want, you use your personal key to unlock the contract and the collateral money is released back to you.

In case you or Mr Bitbay don't receive what they signed up for, one or both of you won't use their key to unlock the contract. The collateral money remains in there either indefinitely or until the defined period of time runs out and the money burns up. OR of course, until you both find a way to settle it. Either through extending the contract, building a new one or simply holding up your side of the deal.  

Hello Toxamax, Thanks a lot for your reply.

But this collateral money is that my ticket and his money, or my ticket plus money and his money?

Only that part is unclear.

Thanks!! Huh

Toxamax

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

But this collateral money is that my ticket and his money, or my ticket plus money and his money?

Thanks!! Huh

Neither. You both chip in aditional money. That money will be held hostage until both parties have got what they wanted. A smart contract only starts when both parties have 'locked in' the required amount of money.

Once the contract is completed the funds will be restored back to the both of you again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qGxYmtdrH4
Kevinrasf

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:05:52 PM

Thanks!! Huh

Neither. You both chip in aditional money. That money will be held hostage until both parties have got what they wanted. A smart contract only starts when both parties have 'locked in' the required amount of money.

Once the contract is completed the funds will be restored back to the both of you again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qGxYmtdrH4

Hi Toxamax, thanks again for explaining.

This cleared any issues I had!

Toxamax

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:18:55 PM

Hi Toxamax, thanks again for explaining.

This cleared any issues I had!

No worries. It's simple but it can be a mind fuck the firs time you hear about it. 

This is also why it's important people keep trying it out with really small stupid trades first before they dig in with serious money.
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:26:58 PM

There is no sense rushing it to other exchanges. Stay the Course.

Interesting but, is the goal not to instantly exchange to fiat? One of the reasons Bitcoin hasnt gone "to da moon". I see Bitbay as more of it's own ecosystem without the exchange part, eventually...

The best part of all this will be the "Exchange" part

BitBay Market will be the biggest exchange there is.

Where ANYTHING can be traded for ANYTHING. Not just coin for coin.
And all with no worries about getting Goxxed again.

Nice job so far. Stay the course.

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: