Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:17:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:33:44 PM

I'm wondering what the advantage is for BitBay, with respect to Brawker that just launched a decentralized marketplace.

Brawker is small ..very small compare  to what BitBay is doing.

You can think of Bitbay as Ebay for crypto. All of that will be integrated into a wallet and I think when you want to sell something/hire someone etc you can do it via wallet. Another thing is Brawker is only for bitcoin and majority of people don't use bitcoin because transaction time is extremely slow and that explains why there aren't that many sellers on brawker.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toxamax

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:38:00 PM

Brawker is about acquiring a middle man while Bitbay is about eliminating the middle man.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:42:49 PM

who's the hell that sold their coin under ico,..

Who do you think? Cheesy Owners are buying their own ICO, and then selling it, it doesn't cost any money for them, so it is pure profit. All those Big ICO are fake. Will always crash. Look at BLOCK, look at MNE....

This isn't true. I talk to them every day. They are part of this for long term. Not just a few months. The owner wants to be involved for 1-2 years at least.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:45:42 PM

Received my first stake. Only 0.20?  Huh

From here on...how long does it take to receive my next stake then next and so on....?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:53:45 PM

From here on...how long does it take to receive my next stake then next and so on....?
Depends on how many clients are online. The more there are, the longer it takes. At least that is my experience from another PoS coin.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:56:40 PM

Depends on how many clients are online. The more there are, the longer it takes. At least that is my experience from another PoS coin.

It says 10 connections are online and 19 minutes. Will I receive same amount in each stake?  Embarrassed

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:16:16 PM

It says 10 connections are online and 19 minutes. Will I receive same amount in each stake?  Embarrassed

No. On one hand it depends on the amount you got staking. On the other hand I guess there's some kind of randomness, but I'm not sure.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:39:38 PM

@David,

Why not reach out to Skycoin dev and see if you guys can collaborate?

Good idea. However, I can only do one thing at a time.

Also there was another question about Peter Todd and he didnt get back to me. The other company listed was interesting for audits. I will have to do this at some point right now we are very busy.
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:55:27 PM

Look at it like POW mining , it's an average time you will solve the block imagine your network weight is your mining hash (that increases with power with coin age)

If the blocks are 1 min on average that would mean you have a 1 in 19 chance of hitting a block , just like if you had 1/19th of the total hashrate of a POW coin , you have a pretty good chance of hitting a block at least in the next 19 blocks but mathematically it could just as likely be the first block than the last block, or even any inbetween or more unlikely not finding one in the next 30 minutes either . but the longer you Stake the higher your coin weight, the more coins you earn (because they been staking for slightly longer) and the better chance you have of solving the next block
kingpin69

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:56:36 PM

Received my first stake. Only 0.20?  Huh

your stake time is dependant on the weight of your block trying to stake vs overall network weight + a little amount of randomness otherwise the person with the biggest block would always stake first.

stake percentage is 1% annual so divide it by 365 for daily interest and * by the blocks age for an approximate estimation of what you will receive. this may be troublesome as the coin control on the wallet is very limited, in the grand scheme of things though the 1% nominal per year is to keep the chain moving with no POW, so it is an inconsequential return as the coin is not meant for big POS rewards.

each block will stake a different amount, because when you get a stake it splits into 2 after adding the reward amount. so a block of 5000 bay with for arguments sake a reward of 100 giving total of 5100 will split into two blocks of 2550 coins and the age of those blocks will begin at 0 again, once they mature after 8 hours they will each attempt to stake again independently and so on and so forth.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:58:01 PM

who's the hell that sold their coin under ico,..

Who do you think? Cheesy Owners are buying their own ICO, and then selling it, it doesn't cost any money for them, so it is pure profit. All those Big ICO are fake. Will always crash. Look at BLOCK, look at MNE....

This is completely untrue. Several of our team members have invested into BitBay and plan on holding until hedging and beyond. We are not sure who dumped their cheap coins, but we are happy that some supporters were able to get in below ICO levels. Congratulations!

Nice to hear - and yeah I'm looking forward to the hedging aspect (and beyond) - though I have no idea what an 'expected' timeline is for this?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

There is no option to import wallet.dat.  Huh

I want to back up my wallet to pen drive and keep it in secure place.

Uninstall software

Import it in January (or later)

Will my coins keep staking eventhough I no longer have software installed and wallet.dat is not stored on my computer?

I don't think I understand the issue.  I saved my wallet.dat to a USB just fine.  The option to back up the wallet is in the same place as every every other QT - Click file and select 'Backup wallet'.  

As long as your coins are in your wallet and the wallet is either unlocked or "encrypted + 'Unlocked for staking'" then your coins will stake...

Cool. I wanted to test it but I don't see an option to import wallet.

How would I import it on different computer?

On the other computer, just go here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\BitBay
...and replace the wallet.dat file with your backup .dat (rename it back to "wallet" if you saved it under a different name).

You will then have the original wallet's addresses and transaction data. You will also have to use the same password so remember it. If anything, you may need to re-sync with the blockchain to get current but that is understandable.

Scott-

All your personal information and balances etc reside in the wallet.dat file. You can download the wallet from anywhere and make it yours by taking your saved wallet.dat and overwriting the fresh one that is created upon installation. Just wanted to add, to you guys moving/backing up wallet.dat and encrypting your wallet, DO NOT forget your password! Once encryption has been added, there is no way to recover a lost password. Without it, your coins are lost forever, no mechanism exists to recover coins in an encrypted, password protected, wallet.

Always backup wallet.dat when installing wallet upgrades! An upgrade install should never overwrite an existing wallet.dat but, do you really want to take that chance? So, backup early, backup often!

And, as the previous posted stated, "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\" is the location of the data files for QT based wallets. Just add the coin name to that for each coin folder. This is where "wallet.dat" lives. The actual executable files and libraries reside in a different folder. It's location varies with the windows version.

So, like any other important data, backup on a regular basis, multiples are best especially as your stake increases in value. Do not depend solely on a "Thumb Drive" or other USB device! They are easily broken, lost, stolen or damaged in everyday life. Get a portable drive made for storing data and designed to be moved around and used as a backup drive such as a "Passport" or similar. Most offer password protection (prevents the casual criminal from getting your data) and they are small and light with multi-terabyte capacity under $200 USD.

Treat your crypto currency like gold and you will never have to say "I could have been rich..."

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:12:58 PM

Any news on the Linux wallet?

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

NOjust

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

is the price the same as the ICO price?
or higher now?

Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:32:26 PM

is the price the same as the ICO price?
or higher now?

Slightly Lower then ICO

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:36:00 PM

There is no option to import wallet.dat.  Huh

I want to back up my wallet to pen drive and keep it in secure place.

Uninstall software

Import it in January (or later)

Will my coins keep staking eventhough I no longer have software installed and wallet.dat is not stored on my computer?

I don't think I understand the issue.  I saved my wallet.dat to a USB just fine.  The option to back up the wallet is in the same place as every every other QT - Click file and select 'Backup wallet'.  

As long as your coins are in your wallet and the wallet is either unlocked or "encrypted + 'Unlocked for staking'" then your coins will stake...

Cool. I wanted to test it but I don't see an option to import wallet.

How would I import it on different computer?

On the other computer, just go here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\BitBay
...and replace the wallet.dat file with your backup .dat (rename it back to "wallet" if you saved it under a different name).

You will then have the original wallet's addresses and transaction data. You will also have to use the same password so remember it. If anything, you may need to re-sync with the blockchain to get current but that is understandable.

Scott-

All your personal information and balances etc reside in the wallet.dat file. You can download the wallet from anywhere and make it yours by taking your saved wallet.dat and overwriting the fresh one that is created upon installation. Just wanted to add, to you guys moving/backing up wallet.dat and encrypting your wallet, DO NOT forget your password! Once encryption has been added, there is no way to recover a lost password. Without it, your coins are lost forever, no mechanism exists to recover coins in an encrypted, password protected, wallet.

Always backup wallet.dat when installing wallet upgrades! An upgrade install should never overwrite an existing wallet.dat but, do you really want to take that chance? So, backup early, backup often!

And, as the previous posted stated, "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\" is the location of the data files for QT based wallets. Just add the coin name to that for each coin folder. This is where "wallet.dat" lives. The actual executable files and libraries reside in a different folder. It's location varies with the windows version.

So, like any other important data, backup on a regular basis, multiples are best especially as your stake increases in value. Do not depend solely on a "Thumb Drive" or other USB device! They are easily broken, lost, stolen or damaged in everyday life. Get a portable drive made for storing data and designed to be moved around and used as a backup drive such as a "Passport" or similar. Most offer password protection (prevents the casual criminal from getting your data) and they are small and light with multi-terabyte capacity under $200 USD.

Treat your crypto currency like gold and you will never have to say "I could have been rich..."

Good post, very thorough. One small addition, the quick & easy way to access that folder in windows is to just type %appdata% in your start menu search box. Saves a bit of mucking about.
BitBear2

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:48:10 PM

Bastards buy high and sell low. Until i have all of the coins Grin. Lots of people only want quick profit and don't trust in it longterm. But i do.

Most people are unable to see long term in crypto. If you hold this coin for 2 months your profit will be 20x of what it can be today or tomorrow.
I don't think you can say 2m is a long term.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:11:35 PM

Bter doesnt work right now ... Any ETA for the features ?

Bter.com is working fine currently. But yeah, would love to see it hit more exchanges. On top of that, you may want to start staking as soon as possible.

We are trying to get Bittrex to add us soon. Everyone can help by tweeting them to add us. Easier for them to add us with a large demand from the community.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:17:53 PM

Bastards buy high and sell low. Until i have all of the coins Grin. Lots of people only want quick profit and don't trust in it longterm. But i do.

Most people are unable to see long term in crypto. If you hold this coin for 2 months your profit will be 20x of what it can be today or tomorrow.
I don't think you can say 2m is a long term.

It's long to the people who can't hold their coins for longer than few hours.  Grin

2 months would still give you better return than you'll get today but the longer you wait more profitable it can turn.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:31:19 PM

Why can't you pay 5 btc to get listed on bittrex  Huh

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: