Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:08:23 PM

why only BTER?  Sad

LOL @ your nick.  Wink

Because they are hosting the ICO.  Other exchanges will follow - just exactly the same as it is with pretty much every coin, whether mined or not.

Considering what gets listed on Bittrex, I think we can safely assume they'll have a pairing up by Saturday. LOL!
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:09:12 PM

***BitBay Technology Demo #1: Smart Contracts***

We are proud to give a sneak peak of our Smart Contract technology as a work in progress. This wallet will be completed and released soon after launch. Thank you for your support and interest!

spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

Just scooped up a little more.
I've had my fill until after launch.
Buckle up.  This could get crazy.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
CryptoBull

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:22:04 PM

We are proud to give a sneak peak of our Smart Contract technology as a work in progress. This wallet will be completed and released soon after launch. Thank you for your support and interest!

Omg Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
well i never speak about that kind of stuff because i dont think its doing any good to the coin BUT.... im definitely buying BitBay !
Wow u guyz are from the future  Grin
keep up the good work i cant wait for your next post really Smiley
Thank you u made my day  Smiley

Captain Positive Cool
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:23:42 PM

Omg Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
well i never speak about that kind of stuff because i dont think its doing any good to the coin BUT.... im definitely buying BitBay !
Wow u guyz are from the future  Grin
keep up the good work i cant wait for your next post really Smiley
Thank you u made my day  Smiley

Speechless. Can't wait to get my hands on this to start playing with it.
FollowMe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

I knew this shit here is extremely legit.  Cool
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:27:24 PM

One word

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:35:32 PM

Some crazy guesses:

The investors are all huge blackcoin bagholders.

Blackcoin will only be followed with the absolute minimum and will die.

The delievered wallet and working smart contracts,  just to get released the funds from bter, will be an exact copy of blackcoin and blackhalo. So investors pay 1,3 Mio$, but not for a new coin. They pay that blackcoin will continue development under a new name.

The reason why this project is not just Blackcoin: The devs have no money left.

So far so good, understandable situation, BUT it is not transparent. We don´t know the other holders, we don´t know how much they have invested. AND if you buy into your own ICO, nobody knows if you just take your invested BTC back. I don´t wanna say they will, but it is possible and very easy.

Blackcoin won't ever die. Thats not going to happen. I'm going to protect these so called "bagholders" as long as I'm in crypto. Couldn't I have started my own coin? Sure but there is value in being part of a community and honoring them to the bitter end. You can see my post on Blackcoins subreddit about BayCoin and you will see they did not see this coming and i explained why it would be good for them. So reddit proves that there was no "plan" at all. It was a spontaneous offer that was the most sensible decision at the time.

Blackcoin is the security/multipool/contracting coin there is only one foreseeable drawback and that is: I cannot fork it. Only rat4 can do that. But what we do here, reflects back on them. This isnt just slapping a new name into Halo. Here are the differences listed below:

Blackcoin: GOALS AND PROJECTS
*Blackcoin gets their own multisignature exchange NightTrader which has Bitcoin and Blackcoin pairs. Your funds can never get stolen by the exchange
*Blackcoin gets their own fully decentralized exchange with microtrading in Halo.
*Blackcoin will have options and futures and be multicoin

*Long term goal is to make Blackcoin what it intended to be. The crapcoin killer and contracting coin. I'm playing with all kinds of ideas to put into their coin and one really basic one is, they will be tied to the two exchanges mentioned above and the multipool aspect will be transparent. NT will draw volume to Halo and keep Blackcoin very much alive. Then the long term goal is upwards price pressure. I have a couple ideas already but dont want to give out my full plan.
Both coins have Halo and Markets

BitBay: GOALS/DIFFERENCES ETC
*BitBay gets markets and these markets will be fully advertised and partnerships will be formed
*BitBay gets pegged to USD or RMB and the network is divided into liquidity, tradable coins and long term hedges ... I have one more awesome idea but going to keep it to myself
*BitBay plans on using the above to roll out a mesh network with a very attractive incentive. It will be our first foray into hardware and coins

*Long Term goal is to keep brands separate. BitBay must earn their Halo. NightTrader is a trading system for BC, it matches the name well. BitBay is a stable marketplace with a rollout plan for mesh network. It also has the business partnerships to make some of these things a reality.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:37:54 PM

I would actually prefer BTER actually held the entire 3000btc and released it slowly to them as they require it and even then there should be a full ledger. So funds are gradually released as results are shown. Sure you could give a good will 300-500 btc out to get them started and get some staff.

Yea, that worked real well for Syscoin and MintPal...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:43:40 PM

I didnt know anything about David Zimbeck so I did some research. He's an interesting guy, he was a chess master from his teenage years, self taught himself coding, clearly he is a genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZp3Up5Y4pE
choeymethod

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

David, thanks for answering all our questions so eloquently and for doing the Demovideo for BitBay. I've never invested in Blackcoin before but you are definitely representing your brand well in this thread, so if you gentlemen would excuse me now Im gonna pick up some more Bay and I'm gonna buy some Blackcoin as well.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:58:57 PM

Since I don't feel like working quite yet... thought I would add some perspective from my standpoint and why although I understand the demands for transparency - I also understand and accept that there will be none.

To me, as an investor I have everything I need to know to make a decent bet on this project:

1) Demand for concept. As should be clear from both the initial success of this ICO and the amount of money (both investment and sales-wise) into silkroad, Overstock.com, etc. the crypto-currency world is desperate for an actual broad based marketplace in which to transact real exchange of goods.  Couple that with the interest in smart-contract based systems and trustless-escrow processes and availability of anon/relative-anon transactions and you've got a 100K BTC+ idea.

2) Nature of coins themselves.  Although I understand skepticism, the reality is that even of the 'good' or 'honest' coins... the majority fail due to a lack of initial funding.  As a result of the armies of 'investors' whose only desire is manipulating fast gains in BTC/fiat, those that don't have a war-chest of funding that is not dependent on the current market price of the coin itself often die an early death.  If the project managers have only access to funds which are dependent on the current exchange rate of their coin/BTC pairing, and further on the fiat/BTC pairing for actual expenditures (hotel, travel, marketing, etc.) what started out as an adequate amount (premine, ICO, whatever) rapidly turns into barely enough to send 2 people to one conference and then having to spend their time begging for donations - donations that have to come from bagholders who, in most cases, are already in the red.

3) The risk in general. There is a general misconception surrounding an ICO of a coin (partially due to naming) that causes people to draw similarities with an IPO in the stock market.  In reality this is much more similar to your nephew wanting to start a comic book store and asking relatives for enough capital to buy a storefront, inventory, and hire 2 employees, etc.  In many cases you have to accept that the money may simply disappear, and invest accordingly... however, in exchange you can still see returns - even in disastrous cases.

Waiting is much safer, however - since the BC/'BlackHand' (and the first multipool should be included in that list as well actually) was brought up here is where I sit in that:  I mined intially from day one and held everything.  I bought another 15BTC - at the time all I had - when everyone else was dumping... I then sold off a small portion of my bag when the pump occurred (although not as much as I wish I had in hindsight... I'd have 500BTC and the same amount of BC I held at the time by now)!  My investment was sound, despite everything that went down because I invested very early.  On the other hand, if I'd waited until I saw things working and bought in at 70K sats or something like that - assuredly because I didn't want to get left behind - then I'd be holding a 85% lost in my portfolio for a very long time... possibly forever (although I will hold my remaining BC forever, because now it's free - thanks to luck/early trust).

The bottom line is this... even if this were a scam, and the BTC was simply used to pump the coin and then dump it... with that much BTC for manipulation... it's gonna be one hell of a pump... and you should be able to capitalize on it.  On the other hand, if the parties are driven by greed (which we can assume as aren't all of us?) and even if they were initially planning on running with the funds - wouldn't it make more sense to get 10K BTC rather than ~2500 BTC?  It's clear that the amount of work required to deliver at least the first phases of this project (wallet/contracts/marketplace) is relatively simple to do... it's also obvious that if there's this much demand without those things being in place - then demand will only increase (along with price) - when it rolls out!  

If you're worried, wait - if you can absorb the risk/loss for the opportunity to capitalize on this demand/hype then you undoubtedly already threw your BTC into this.  If you're not sure, then look at it exactly the same as you would a lottery ticket or slot machine... where I live people dump millions every week into 1:1,000,000 long shots and they call it 'entertainment'... you might lose everything, you might double your money, or you might see 10,000% gains... but the only way you can guarantee that you won't see profits in this world is by doing nothing at all until it's over.

+1 Excellent appraisal of current state of crypto investing, perfect!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

OK, I am now a BAYionaire  Grin

Let's see where this ride takes us!

Scott-
The Minion

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:22:00 PM

Scott-

Me too. Smiley
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

Momimaus you have been requested to stop with your "wild guesses" (your own words) about the nature of the Blackcoin involvement with BitBay. An involvement which has no basis in fact. Yet you chose to repeat and amplify your fudding.

We intend to hold this thread as an arena of civil discourse about BitBay and associated technology. As stated in earlier posts, fudding about other coins and unfounded, malicious posts will not be tolerated.

Thanks.

BitBay Team

Thank you!  That crap really hurts serious discussion. There are threads here that I'm invested in that no longer read due to the FUD, we appreciate your efforts in this direction.

DNotesVault
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:27:01 PM

Scott-

Me too. Smiley

Same Smiley

CryptoBull

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:50:40 PM

I just love the RUSH when a coin is doing something exiting as that Smiley
And the waiting for the new Tech is crazy Cheesy
Im choosing my next moves with some cryptos but definitely BitBay is on my top 3 coins  Cool
Thank you for the video  Grin

Captain Positive Cool
Gritt-N-Auld

Activity: 205
Merit: 114

Joshua J. Bouw

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:01:12 PM

I just love the RUSH when a coin is doing something exiting as that Smiley
And the waiting for the new Tech is crazy Cheesy
Im choosing my next moves with some cryptos but definitely BitBay is on my top 3 coins  Cool
Thank you for the video  Grin

Could pick up BlackHalo and some Blackcoins if you want to try it today. The tech is licensed to BitBay built to their specifications from BlackHalo/BitHalo.
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

where do you see Bay price in 6 months?
Thanks
CryptoPromotions

Activity: 332

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:36:48 PM

where do you see Bay price in 6 months?
Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: