Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:29:47 PM

We've updated our wallets. These are all the latest certified builds from Crypto Certify to implement our new checkpoint servers to work with our own privkey.

*** Mandatory Wallet Updates (ver. 1.0.0.1) ***

- Windows Automatic Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysbxbxumyvcs535/BitBay-Automatic-1.0.0.1.zip
- Windows Manual Install: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ea20i9fa64lftf/BitBay-Manual-1.0.0.1.zip
- Mac Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hdi7e7y4gjkvh93/bitbay-qt-1.0.0.1-osx.zip

Please update your wallets immediately to alleviate any issues later down the line.

These updates will be posted to the thread's front page shortly along with our public GitHub address. The smart contract wallet is in development for the next major wallet upgrade!
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:40:10 PM

The smart contract wallet is in development for the next major wallet upgrade!
Looking out for that one Smiley
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:42:11 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 03:54:37 PM by unusualfacts30

sureeee  Cheesy. Aren't you the guy who said Bitbay is overpriced?  Grin

Yes. I am that guy.

Price has been over 250 sat since the first day of ICO. Why did you buy it if you think it's expensive?

Assuming you made a mistake and now you realize it's overpriced. Why the hell is your sell order is at 800 sat? Shouldn't you be selling asap and get the fck out of the market? If it is expensive then price would be going down NOT up. Why are you still holding?

So, it's obvious that you're in here to make small profit and run away with it yet somehow you still think it's expensive?

Why talk shit about "how coin isn't going to do well" when you're one of the people who is damaging it in first place?

Long time bay holders would love to see you go away from this thread and the market. Invest your 1 btc bucket in next new coin and move on from here. No point in stressing over it when you don't even have any interest in long term value of the coin.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:53:19 PM

So, it's obvious that you're in here to make small profit and run away with it.

Why talk shit about "how coin isn't going to do well" when you're one of the people who is damaging it in first place?

First of all, people who trade assets don't "damage" them. They provide much needed liquidity to markets and high volume cryptomarkets are not something anybody complains about.

Secondly, I invest in projects if I think they've got something interesting to offer. If they continue to have a promising roadmap I stay invested, if they don't I'll try to optimise my exit. I don't think any of that's in conflict with the remark that I thought the IPO was overvalued (which is was).

My main point was that it is deceptive to focus on price rather than marketcap. The reason I made that point is that price doesn't take coin supply into account whereas marketcap does. Price doesn't let you "rate" the value of the IPO alongside other already-trading assets whereas marketcap does.

The marketcap of the IPO was about a million dollars. http://coinmarketcap.com. Not ridiculous but still a bit of a challenge to rise from out of the gate. So I put a bitcoin into it rather than 10, that's all I'm saying.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:59:07 PM

So, it's obvious that you're in here to make small profit and run away with it.

First of all, people who trade assets don't "damage" them. They provide much needed liquidity to markets and high volume cryptomarkets are not something anybody complains about.

Secondly, I invest in projects if I think they've got something interesting to offer. If they continue to have a promising roadmap I stay invested, if they don't I'll try to optimise my exit. I don't think any of that's in conflict with the remark that I thought the IPO was overvalued (which is was).

My main point was that it is deceptive to focus on price rather than marketcap. The reason I made that point is that price doesn't take coin supply into account whereas marketcap does. Price doesn't let you "rate" the value of the IPO alongside other already-trading assets whereas marketcap does.

The marketcap of the IPO was about a million dollars. http://coinmarketcap.com. Not ridiculous but still a bit of a challenge to rise from out of the gate. So I put a bitcoin into it rather than 10, that's all I'm saying.

Why do you think it would reach 800 sat when you think it's overpriced at 250 sat?  Huh

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:05:42 PM

Why do you think it would reach 800 sat when you think it's overpriced at 250 sat?  Huh

I didn't. Another poster challenged the fact that I was posting in good faith and demanded proof of my investment. I thought his challenge was reasonable and created that order in response as a signal. I've since cancelled it.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:06:50 PM

Maybe its me but I wish the price wasn't so locked on and focused on 250-254 range. Who is supplying the market at these dull prices, as soon as they stop the price will rise cause people want this coin. I've had 6 months of staring at the same price for Qora, I can't bear a dull market again.
BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:16:40 PM

Here is a link to our public GitHub account for public vetting of our source code. Thank you for your patience.

- Public GitHub Access: https://github.com/Bitbaydev/bitbay
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

Here is a link to our public GitHub account for public vetting of our source code. Thank you for your patience.

- Public GitHub Access: https://github.com/Bitbaydev/bitbay

Excellent, waiting to check this out - thanks for your transparency dev.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BitBay Team (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:23:29 PM

Another thing. There seems to be a pattern of small investors here spending a lot of time on this thread wringing their hands about whether the price is 10 satoshi up or down, or whether or not the devs "will deliver".

+1

Give the devs a break Smiley. I'm sure they have way more invested in this (time, money, resources) than anyone here

To the devs, is there anything I could maybe help do for the coin in promotion wise?? You can check out my baywatch meme a few pages back hehe Wink PM me if interested. I want to build community for this

Anything and everything our supporters offer is of great appreciation! We love the memes and community efforts. Our promotions team will be focusing more on social media and community outreach over the coming days. We have some Games, Giveaways, Advertising, and even a BAY multipool which are all in the works.

Thanks again for your help, now back to work!
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:23:43 PM

We've updated our wallets. These are all the latest certified builds from Crypto Certify to implement our new checkpoint servers to work with our own privkey.

*** Mandatory Wallet Updates (ver. 1.0.0.1) ***

- Windows Automatic Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysbxbxumyvcs535/BitBay-Automatic-1.0.0.1.zip
- Windows Manual Install: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ea20i9fa64lftf/BitBay-Manual-1.0.0.1.zip
- Mac Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hdi7e7y4gjkvh93/bitbay-qt-1.0.0.1-osx.zip

Please update your wallets immediately to alleviate any issues later down the line.

These updates will be posted to the thread's front page shortly along with our public GitHub address. The smart contract wallet is in development for the next major wallet upgrade!

Bump and excited.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:23:54 PM

Maybe its me but I wish the price wasn't so locked on and focused on 250-254 range. Who is supplying the market at these dull prices, as soon as they stop the price will rise cause people want this coin. I've had 6 months of staring at the same price for Qora, I can't bear a dull market again.

I hear ya : -)

I think however the price is going to be release-driven on Bay, that is, when the wallet with smart contracts gets released and people get a chance to play with the tech, then the market will respond. The same as we approach the marketplace release - once a few screenshots of the GUI etc start coming out, the market will respond again.

Boring, but fortunate perhaps.  But perhaps better than pump groups playing with our Bay-by. : -)
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:31:35 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 04:50:32 PM by unusualfacts30

Another thing. There seems to be a pattern of small investors here spending a lot of time on this thread wringing their hands about whether the price is 10 satoshi up or down, or whether or not the devs "will deliver".

+1

Give the devs a break Smiley. I'm sure they have way more invested in this (time, money, resources) than anyone here

To the devs, is there anything I could maybe help do for the coin in promotion wise?? You can check out my baywatch meme a few pages back hehe Wink PM me if interested. I want to build community for this

Yep. People are wetting their pants over every small thing.. OMG COIN IS NOT IN TREX...OMG MARKETPLACE ISN'T LAUNCHED.

People have too much time on their hands. ICO ended 3 days ago and they expect everything to be done and they raise hell because their 1 BTC bucket hasn't turned into 2 BTC within few days of launch. ridiculous really.

On a side note: Bitbay has highest volume on trex right now.  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:48:15 PM

Why do you think it would reach 800 sat when you think it's overpriced at 250 sat?  Huh

I didn't. Another poster challenged the fact that I was posting in good faith and demanded proof of my investment. I thought his challenge was reasonable and created that order in response as a signal. I've since cancelled it.

You haven't sold any

You're still holding 1 btc bucket

You don't think price would reach 800 sat because 250 sat is expensive (according to you) but you won't sell it either?

So, you're just looking for attention in this thread I assume?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:52:38 PM

+1

Yep. People are wetting their pants over every small thing.. OMG COIN IS NOT IN TREX...OMG MARKETPLACE ISN'T LAUNCHED.

People have too much time on their hands. ICO ended 3 days ago and they expect everything to be done and they raise hell because their 1 BTC bucket hasn't turned into 2 BTC within few days of launch. ridiculous really.
On a side note: Bitbay has highest volume on trex right now.  Grin

Sadly this seems to be the case I find for most of the ALT world (aside from a limited amount of coins and communities).  Bay being one I think is good to have a vested interest (and BTC influx) into.  VERY interested to see the positive direction this coin takes (will not even give the FUD the time of day as some of us have grown up BTC to play with).

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
chipmadness

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:56:38 PM

If you don't get in this coin, your dumb..... Sorry, but I havn't seen something innovative like this since Blackcoin. BTW, is there a IRC channel for this coin? Were is everyone hanging out in?

CryptoThrone - http://cryptothrone.com - The Highest Rank in Crypto News! Visit us for the latest Bitcoin news, conference news, the newest and best alt-coins getting released, mining hardware news, mining theories, and everything else related to crypto-currency! Looking for a web developer? Let me design you a responsive, elegant, and modern site today!
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:58:38 PM

+1

Anything and everything our supporters offer is of great appreciation! We love the memes and community efforts. Our promotions team will be focusing more on social media and community outreach over the coming days. We have some Games, Giveaways, Advertising, and even a BAY multipool which are all in the works.

Thanks again for your help, now back to work!

glad to hear that bitbay has promotions team..
because marketing is the most important
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:00:08 PM

Sorry, but I havn't seen something innovative like this since Blackcoin

Not saying that there isn't innovation here - there is, but out of interest, what did you find "innovative" about Blackcoin ? That it was POS ? That they did some marketing ?
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:02:53 PM

Not saying that there isn't innovation here - there is, but out of interest, what did you find "innovative" about Blackcoin ? That it was POS ? That they did some marketing ?

He probably means that and NightTrader or whatever its called,  and smart contracts.

Regardless the main issue is they (both blackcoin and bitbay) are all just releasing closed source at first to support the nsa backing & and establishing nodes.

So go ahead and keep installing this trojan'd crap.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:10:13 PM

He probably means that and NightTrader or whatever its called,  and smart contracts.

Regardless the main issue is they (both blackcoin and bitbay) are all just releasing closed source at first to support the nsa backing & and establishing nodes.

So go ahead and keep installing this trojan'd crap.

Tinfoil hat much?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: