Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:13:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339393 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:18:16 PM

lmfao!! 1 billion coin supply!! this coin is way over priced at the moment, its a safe buy at 10-20 sat not 200-300 sat lol.

NXT has same supply and its worth 4500 SAT.

So your argument is invalid. thank you for playing.

we will see what way this goes, nothing against this coin at all but its very easy for it to be dumped hard with the supply, nxt has been about a good while dont forget and with crypto these days coins are coming and going real fast, pls remember this., ive nothing against this coin but i wont personally be buying atm but wish use good luck.

3000 BTC worth of coins were sold during ICO.

One person doesn't hold half of the market.

Group of people hold the market together.

If one person from that group decides to dump his coins market will still be MORE than stable as you can see if you look at the chart after ICO ended. It's still floating above 200 sat.

I highly doubt that one person is holding more than 200 BTC worth of coins out of 3000

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!rich

Ignore first one that is exchange. As you can see coins are divided between many people and it'll be very weird coincidence if 10 top holders decides to dump at the same time causing market to crash.

Bitshares has 2 billion coins and it's trading around 3-4k. This coin has lot of things to offer and more importantly it has the money to implement those things in best way possible.

In other words 200 sat price is bargain and you'll see what I mean once everything is implemented.

Why does any good coin fail after few months? It's not because they aren't great but it's because they don't have capital that is required for proper marketing, development etc. Idea is worthless if you don't have money to back it up. Bitbay is $1.2 million richer than any other coin you'll see in the market. If it hadn't sold that many I would have my doubts but things are going to be great for everyone once they start spending that money in marketing/development etc.

The first 5 are exchange I believe. I remember when we sent them the coins.
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:22:11 PM

Smart Contracts are in NXT, Ethereum and Bitshares also and the decentrilized market place is also there. Why then BitBay ?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:22:56 PM

Sorry, but I havn't seen something innovative like this since Blackcoin

Not saying that there isn't innovation here - there is, but out of interest, what did you find "innovative" about Blackcoin ? That it was POS ? That they did some marketing ?

He probably means that and NightTrader or whatever its called,  and smart contracts.

Regardless the main issue is they (both blackcoin and bitbay) are all just releasing closed source at first to support the nsa backing & and establishing nodes.

So go ahead and keep installing this trojan'd crap.

Trojan? Its not closed source. Want to see the source? I only change variable names to avoid cloning.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:32:30 PM

i saw many people think negatively with their assumptions
i think,here is bitbay forum for discussion about the future of the coin itself
and is not negative thoughts olimpiade or defamation contest  Grin Grin
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:39:45 PM

Time expected to earn stake: 22 hrs

2 days ago it was 15 minutes

It's amazing how bigger network weight has gotten in just 2 days.  

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:47:53 PM

Smart Contracts are in NXT, Ethereum and Bitshares also and the decentrilized market place is also there. Why then BitBay ?

Because nobody has actually won the race to real world implementation yet. (Actual use of any importance) Bitbay isn't the only one I own, but I think it is a solid option and cheap.

choeymethod

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

What happened to the BitBay board on Trello? Or is it just down for me?
Toxamax

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:18:04 PM

Smart contract functinality for coins is currently like having a Facebook timeline without friends.

You need more than just the option for a smart contract. The contract itself is pretty basic functionality compared to what it takes to make people use it. That's why coins like Blackcoin and Bitbay are offering platforms for people to engage these contracts on.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:22:40 PM

Because nobody has actually won the race to real world implementation yet. (Actual use of any importance) Bitbay isn't the only one I own, but I think it is a solid option and cheap.

BlackHalo and BitHalo won the smart contract race in May. There was fully functional software with user interface and fully customizable contracts. Since then, the Halo tech has become even more expansive.

Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain. Bitcoin core actually banned certain Counterparty and Mastercoin addresses. NXT doesnt have smart contracts only a concept. Bitshares doesnt have smart contracts, please show me a user interface and describe what it can be used for. None of them have markets either. There is only right now, some sparse derivative markets with very basic UI in counterparty and ultracoin

This is totally different. Its an entire economy. Also, its faster than Bitmessage, decentralized, does not suffer from bloat and has no single point of failure. It grants wishes.  Grin

Halo is the only functional smart contracting client and has been for over a year. It was the first in the world. Also, they are the only ones with a full interface and encrypted email and bitmessage.  Grin

Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:32:04 PM

BlackHalo and BitHalo won the smart contract race in May. There was fully functional software with user interface and fully customizable contracts. Since then, the Halo tech has become even more expansive.

Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain. Bitcoin core actually banned certain Counterparty and Mastercoin addresses. NXT doesnt have smart contracts only a concept. Bitshares doesnt have smart contracts, please show me a user interface and describe what it can be used for. None of them have markets either. There is only right now, some sparse derivative markets with very basic UI in counterparty and ultracoin

This is totally different. Its an entire economy. Also, its faster than Bitmessage, decentralized, does not suffer from bloat and has no single point of failure. It grants wishes.  Grin

Halo is the only functional smart contracting client and has been for over a year. It was the first in the world. Also, they are the only ones with a full interface and encrypted email and bitmessage.  Grin

Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

If a market place like this ever became as big as eBay then it would need its own blockchain for sure.  It wouldn't surprise me if eBay had more buys than there are Bitcoin trades, I bet their server costs are ridiculous.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

Updating wallet will reset my matured coins wont it?
wpstudio

Activity: 660

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 06:42:04 PM

Updating wallet will reset my matured coins wont it?

I updated my wallet and the mature staked coins appeared right back at the staking line when I opened the new wallet.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:59:40 PM

What happened to the BitBay board on Trello? Or is it just down for me?

No it isnt down, what your name on there. Let me double check. Can you PM me?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

If a market place like this ever became as big as eBay then it would need its own blockchain for sure.  It wouldn't surprise me if eBay had more buys than there are Bitcoin trades, I bet their server costs are ridiculous.

Not true, the way I'm designing markets does not require a blockchain. Its inspired by whitelists, burning coins, broadcasts and channels. Please look at Bitmessage to start to get an idea. I'm completely remanufacturing it.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:13:04 PM

Price is rising... I feel sorry for everyone who sold below ICO prices.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:24:46 PM

Here is a link to our public GitHub account for public vetting of our source code. Thank you for your patience.

- Public GitHub Access: https://github.com/Bitbaydev/bitbay

Did anybody manage to compile this on Linux? I'm getting this:

:-1: error: No rule to make target `build_config.mk'.  Stop.

Roll Eyes

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:43:42 PM

Any idea on a timeline for Bitbay releasing the smart contracts? Is this something that's down the road or soon? Thanks

There is question for how much we are changing the UI for a demo. Its more efficient for me to finish my markets and see what the UI dev brings back to me. But yeah, shortly.
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

Time expected to earn stake: 22 hrs

2 days ago it was 15 minutes

It's amazing how bigger network weight has gotten in just 2 days.  

Those estimated times never seem to be correct.  I have a few wallets of different coins, and my stakes never match up to the time expected to earn them.

That being said, I did receive my first stake in BitBay today.  But only 1 so far.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain.....Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

This was very interesting. I wasn't aware of half that stuff.

Thanks for posting.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:13:14 PM

Smart contracts are not in any of those projects you mentioned. First off, Etherium doesnt exist and has scaling issues(bloat). Etherium also said there is a chance they will never exist. It was in the disclaimer that nobody read. Counterparty only released an article and their implementation is too bulky on the blockchain.....Since Bitbay is joining with Halo, BitBay will be getting all of these resources.

This was very interesting. I wasn't aware of half that stuff.

Thanks for posting.

I read the entire TOS for Ethereum, 28 pages of "not responsible for anything no matter what" - That is one reason I didn't buy any.

What I also like more about Bitbay, a lot, is simply the branding. Simple and likely effective.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: