Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:30:39 AM

Couldn't let it go bought another 2BTC:)
january is right around the corner i want to get in 2015 with good feeling xD

Around the begining of Feb I'm hoping for big jump...around $0.01 at least. Once it's pegged..moon is the limit

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hossy

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:49:53 AM

This is holding nicely this baby is going to explode soon Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:48:26 AM

Don't take this too personally but this coin doesn't need this kind of pump hype. In fact I think it damages it and makes people wary. Bitbay is clearly a well thought out project with some serious people involved and has massive potential because it has a real world use. So please maybe try to keep away from cheap shitcoin like PR, its as bad as FUD in many ways, people who have been around for a while are jaded and tired of this stuff. 

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:49:41 AM

Couldn't let it go bought another 2BTC:)

+1
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:54:35 AM

Hypes, are not good for an coin.

Only for people who will then reach their point of selling.

Then price crashes and gives coin a load of negative attention.

In my opinion!

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:00:36 PM

Don't take this too personally but this coin doesn't need this kind of pump hype. In fact I think it damages it and makes people wary. Bitbay is clearly a well thought out project with some serious people involved and has massive potential because it has a real world use. So please maybe try to keep away from cheap shitcoin like PR, its as bad as FUD in many ways, people who have been around for a while are jaded and tired of this stuff. 

+10000

very well said. noob idiots with their hype images do more damage to my BAY investment than good. serious new investors who visit this thread to get info will turn away immediately when they see the shit coin like PR. BAY don't need this PR!
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:10:16 PM

Excitement should be shown when necessary but knowing the fact that they're still working on this project we shouldn't post any kind of hype because there is nothing to be excited about YET. It'll be damaging to investors who are planning to hold for long term. We all are excited to be part of this wonderful Bay & the team involved in it as you are. Please take it easy with hype because it'll attract the people who shouldn't be attracted.

Bay is still trading below ICO price (300 sat). What is that picture supposed to be mean anyway?  Cheesy

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:18:37 PM

The slightly mysterious aspect of this coin for me is the ambiguous relationship with the Alibaba network.

In particular, this remark:

Furthermore, we use our contact list from Alibaba to help populate all the decentralized markets

In my opinion this is potentially one of the biggest - if not the single biggest - break from hitherto attempts at mainstream adoption by crypto projects,.

The problem with that remark though is that it's designed as a tease. It doesn't tell you anything useful. It could mean anything from "we've compiled a list of email addresses in Alibaba and we're going to spam them with info" to "we have conditional contracts to deploy Bitbay denominated markets under the Alibaba brand".

The encouraging aspects for investing are that the project team appears to have its centre of gravity predominantly located on the Asian side of the globe. There are also quite a lot of potential adopters over there as it happens (see last December Bitcoin explosion). To put things in perspective, Alibaba's annual operating income is about $4 Billion dollars - the same as Lockhead Martin who build nuclear weapons system amongst other things. (24800,000,000 Chinese Yuan). Also, they are a *specifically* eCommerce, business-to-business and business-to-consumer retail group. That puts them squarely in the target zone for crypto adoption which is why it doesn't surprise me that a project like this has emerged which combines both the technology (specific types of smart contracts) and a specific third party to address this market.

There's one hell of a gaping gap between those two pegged ends of the scale though and I hope something more developed than spamming a "contact list" is on the cards. Otherwise this will end up as another Blackcoin in no time.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:23:57 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 12:50:47 PM by unusualfacts30

The slightly mysterious aspect of this coin for me is the ambiguous relationship with the Alibaba network.

Furthermore, we use our contact list from Alibaba to help populate all the decentralized markets

In my opinion this is potentially one of the biggest - if not the single biggest - break from hitherto attempts at mainstream adoption by crypto projects,.

The problem with that remark though is that it's designed as a tease. It doesn't tell you anything useful. It could mean anything from "we've compiled a list of email addresses in Alibaba and we're going to spam them with info" to "we have conditional contracts to deploy Bitbay denominated markets under the Alibaba brand".

The encouraging aspects for investing are that the project team appears to have its centre of gravity predominantly located on the Asian side of the globe. There are also quite a lot of potential adopters over there as it happens (see last December Bitcoin explosion). To put things in perspective, Alibaba's annual operating income is about $4 Billion dollars - the same as Lockhead Martin who build nuclear weapons system amongst other things. (24800,000,000 Chinese Yuan). Also, they are a *specifically* eCommerce, business-to-business and business-to-consumer retail group. That puts them squarely in the target zone for crypto adoption which is why it doesn't surprise me that a project like this has emerged which combines both the technology (specific types of smart contracts) and a specific third party to address this market.

There's one hell of a gaping gap between those two pegged ends of the scale though and I hope something more developed than spamming a "contact list" is on the cards. Otherwise this will end up as another Blackcoin in no time.

Spamming? What are you talking about?

You keep forgetting that Bay team has $1.2 million and that's more than enough to hire people with skills who can help Bay in achieving what it's meant to achieve.

We really appreciate those kind words!

We've compiled a bit of information about some of the core team members behind BitBay. We will always listen to the concerns of our supporters and we feel deeply honored to have such intelligent investors with us at the ground level.

Team Member Bios:

David Zimbeck - USA / Cambodia - Born and raised in Los Angeles, California and currently living in Cambodia. David is a long time cryptography & bitcoin community member and widely respected developer / creator of Black Halo technology for BlackCoin. He is the lead developer of the BitBay Project and our development team manager. He also enjoys a good game of chess.

Rick K. - New York, New York - Private sector entrepreneur and online marketplace expert. Rick is our mainland China liaison with Alibaba.com. Rick has signed an NDA and therefore the public scope of his involvement with BitBay will reflect that agreement. Rick is coordinating the integration of established vendors into the marketplace.

Jay Lin - United Kingdom - American born and raised in the United Kingdom. Jay Lin grew up in London, earned his computer science degree from University College London and has spent much of his career there, but his family roots are in Taiwan (ROC). Speaking several asian languages and culturally fluent in Asian business methods and etiquette, Jay is head of marketing and brand management for BitBay.

Edward (Eddie) - Korea - Web development. Eddie is our master geek, fluent in multiple programming languages and especially talented in engineering large user account systems. Ed is a long time fan Kung Fu movies (Bruce Lee). He loves philosophy and anthropology.

Nicos - Russia - Crypto enthusiast since 2012. Computer science degree. Marketing experience. Nicos earned his cred in the rough and tumble years of the new Russian capitalism, and has ties with some major bitcoin payment processors. Nicos is also governed by a nondisclosure agreement that limits his public profile. Dog lover. Serial Entrepreneur.

Holly - Taiwan - Manufacturing, Factory management, Connections with top Alibaba vendors. Holly comes from one of Taiwan's most deeply rooted commercial families and has over 20 years experience with sourcing western production in Chinese factories. She also holds a NDA agreements with several online marketplace companies. Her most recent specialization has been mass production of cellphone accessories including iPhone cases. Holly found her way to us through her latest venture, supplying bitcoin ATM’s to Taiwan and Mainland China.

Profile images coming soon.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
whetherman

Activity: 150

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 12:26:36 PM

The key word in that phrase to me seems to be populate. That is a very specific database engineering term that suggests existing databases being loaded into a new system.
fulcare

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:38:11 PM

The key word in that phrase to me seems to be populate. That is a very specific database engineering term that suggests existing databases being loaded into a new system.

I want to know more about how this will happen. Bitbay Team?

How can contacts from Alibaba just be put into the system? How do these contacts exist, won't Alibaba be against this? Who in the Staff bios have this kind of power and contacts?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:45:04 PM

I want to know more about how this will happen. Bitbay Team?

How can contacts from Alibaba just be put into the system? How do these contacts exist, won't Alibaba be against this? Who in the Staff bios have this kind of power and contacts?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850267.msg9611834#msg9611834

read the bold part.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fulcare

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:51:40 PM

So they will just say to these vendors, hey put your stuff on our site and Alibaba wont have any problem with that? How many vendors? Variety? A bunch of chinese laptops wont cut it.

I'm asking for more detail than we have some contacts with Alibaba and we are going to populate our system with them. More detail please.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:55:02 PM

Excitement should be shown when necessary but knowing the fact that they're still working on this project we shouldn't post any kind of hype because there is nothing to be excited about YET. It'll be damaging to investors who are planning to hold for long term. We all are excited to be part of this wonderful Bay & the team involved in it as you are. Please take it easy with hype because it'll attract the people who shouldn't be attracted.

Bay is still trading below ICO price (300 sat). What is that picture supposed to be mean anyway?  Cheesy

Picture with rocket launching at the bay (with countdown), this is the typical "to the moon" interation as we know it from dogecoin.

unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:56:33 PM

So they will just say to these vendors, hey put your stuff on our site and Alibaba wont have any problem with that? How many vendors? Variety? A bunch of chinese laptops wont cut it.

Rome wasn't build in one day. Take it easy with your panic mode.

Do you want them to email you every time they get in touch with some vendor? Those things are kept hidden for a reason. May be go to URO and ask them how their vendor got harassment calls from fudders who had nothing better to do with their life.

btw those chinese laptops are sold more than HP or any other top brand in China and other third world countries.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:07:11 PM

You keep forgetting that Bay team has $1.2 million and that's more than enough to hire people with skills who can help Bay in achieving what it's meant to achieve.

By "spamming" I mean the sending of unsolicited marketing messages using a "contact list" as opposed to having established specific working agreements with said party.

$1.2 million may sound like a lot of money to you and yes - it can pay a few salaries for a year - but it's a drop in the ocean in broader terms and will quickly disappear if the business plan doesn't deliver the next $1.2 million fairly readily.

The reason I made that post is that if you're going to name drop a $6.5 Billion capitalised entity as being an "associate" of the project I think it's only fair to qualify whether the nature of that association is co-operative or unilateral. i.e. is Bitbay team just going to "lobby" these types of companies in the hope that they become interested in the offering or is there a pre-existing relationship with already open doors, albeit with conditional locks.

I realise that we're not buying shares in a company here, so "suck it and see" rules apply. All the same, you're still putting real money into that will be paid to real people it and if it *was* a regular type startup operation you can bet your bottom dollar that no VC would touch it with a bargepole without those kind of little teases being ripped out of the promotional detail, turned inside out and upside down so as to discover their exact nature and whether the use of that name is justified in attracting investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauI0GdKcTc

whetherman

Activity: 150

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:24:09 PM

My guess is that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that belongs out of the public eye. Like a very wise man said 40 pages ago, this ain't the local hippie co-op where everyone votes on what should go into the granola. It is a serious start up that has recruited the people - and resources - that it needs to kick some serious ass.  And they won't be sharing their inner workings with the posters on this forum.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

By "spamming" I mean the sending of unsolicited marketing messages using a "contact list" as opposed to having established specific working agreements with said party.

$1.2 million may sound like a lot of money to you and yes - it can pay a few salaries for a year - but it's a drop in the ocean in broader terms and will quickly disappear if the business plan doesn't deliver the next $1.2 million fairly readily.

The reason I made that post is that if you're going to name drop a $6.5 Billion capitalised entity as being an "associate" of the project I think it's only fair to qualify whether the nature of that association is co-operative or unilateral. i.e. is Bitbay team just going to "lobby" these types of companies in the hope that they become interested in the offering or is there a pre-existing relationship with already open doors, albeit with conditional locks.

I realise that we're not buying shares in a company here, so "suck it and see" rules apply. All the same, you're still putting real money into that will be paid to real people it and if it *was* a regular type startup operation you can bet your bottom dollar that no VC would touch it with a bargepole without those kind of little teases being ripped out of the promotional detail, turned inside out and upside down so as to discover their exact nature and whether the use of that name is justified in attracting investment.

doesn't make any sense.

Do you know how much spammers cost?

So, according to you they'll hand million dollars to spammer who cost $100 at most?  Huh yet somehow money would be drop in ocean even though they haven't hired the right people for marketing?

You're contradicting yourself. Either they'll spam people or they'll spend good chunk of million dollars in proper marketing team (who ARE professionals and not spammers). Both can't be done at the same time.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 01:42:10 PM

We don't need to know every detail of the operation any more than an investor in IBM needs, or could even find out, who's on any one of their thousands of contact lists. What we need to do is allow the team to follow their road map without us questioning every little thing. My grandfather said it years ago, if you want your investment to be successful, buy in and forget about it...  Worked rather well for him BTW.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: