Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
weret

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:44:38 PM

Is there a new Trello page?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:52:20 PM

You're contracting yourself. Either they'll spam people or they'll spend good chunk of million dollars in proper marketing team (who ARE professionals and not spammers). Both can't be done at the same time.

You sure do make a meal out of a simple point while at the same time not addressing it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to pursue clarification about what this "Alibaba" stuff is about. Everybody's in now so you can't argue that a speculative valuation is needed to capitalise the project any longer. The million dollars has been paid.

The Bitpay team are at liberty to give out as much or as little information as they want. It wasn't a condition of investing that material details of their business plan or commercial roadmap be divulged. This has deliberately been left to speculation.

But at the same time many people value their investments to the extent that they want to do as much due diligence as possible. There is a lot to find out about this project because it's not just a technical venture but a commercial one as well. The fortunes of one are bound up in the other. Another complexity arises from the nature of cryptocurrency - you're not actually investing in shares of a company, just a currency which you "hope" will get used in the markets that arise from success of the project. So there's no corporate accountability there which makes such due diligence all the more useful in making your own valuation.

I'd like to know how many of these ventures you've invested in that makes you comfortable about challenging due diligence themes so dismissively in the thread. I'm not demanding this information - I'm suggesting it's important. The response can be "shut up, it's a lottery" and that will be fine - I'll make an appropriate valuation and might still stay invested to some extent. On the other hand it might awaken a more instructive discussion amongst both investors and project stakeholders that actually leads to some useful dialog rather than "it's a pump" or "it's a dump"type dialog.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:07:21 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 02:24:36 PM by unusualfacts30

You're contracting yourself. Either they'll spam people or they'll spend good chunk of million dollars in proper marketing team (who ARE professionals and not spammers). Both can't be done at the same time.

You sure do make a meal out of a simple point while at the same time not addressing it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to pursue clarification about what this "Alibaba" stuff is about. Everybody's in now so you can't argue that a speculative valuation is needed to capitalise the project any longer. The million dollars has been paid.

The Bitpay team are at liberty to give out as much or as little information as they want. It wasn't a condition of investing that material details of their business plan or commercial roadmap be divulged. This has deliberately been left to speculation.

But at the same time many people value their investments to the extent that they want to do as much due diligence as possible. There is a lot to find out about this project because it's not just a technical venture but a commercial one as well. The fortunes of one are bound up in the other. Another complexity arises from the nature of cryptocurrency - you're not actually investing in shares of a company, just a currency which you "hope" will get used in the markets that arise from success of the project. So there's no corporate accountability there which makes such due diligence all the more useful in making your own valuation.

I'd like to know how many of these ventures you've invested in that makes you comfortable about challenging due diligence themes so dismissively in the thread. I'm not demanding this information - I'm suggesting it's important. The response can be "shut up, it's a lottery" and that will be fine - I'll make an appropriate valuation and might still stay invested to some extent. On the other hand it might awaken a more instructive discussion amongst both investors and project stakeholders that actually leads to some useful dialog rather than "it's a pump" or "it's a dump"type dialog.

It's very unreasonable because no one asked you to invest in it. You decided to invest in it and now you have to wait till they decide they're ready to give clarification. You cannot expect them to spoon feed you just because your 1 BTC is spent on it. Keep calm and have patience like everyone else. They're spending time on working towards the project and you keep coming here with your doubts. Every single of your post is accusing Bay of something.

Non stop negativity is very annoying. If you're scared then sell your Bay and let someone else have it.

Crypto is anon for a reason. If they provide every details then they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

You want all the details within few days of launch..sorry that is not going to happen because it puts our investment at risk. I would rather have you sell your 1 BTC bucket than risking everyone else's investment by putting whole project/vendors at risk and giving information for one person's satisfaction.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:17:05 PM

Maybe I've missed it but why doesn't the OSX wallet provide the "Market" and "Smart contract" option? I can only send and receive coins.

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:25:23 PM

I would bet that all the ones that are bitching and whining about time tables and blah blah blah only have a very small amount of bay. If u cant risk 5$ for your investment then go put that 5$ in a project that's established or go buy stocks and bonds an gain your 2% safe returns a year. The real investors in this project know better than to spam the devs with demands 8 hours after launch. Get a life and walk away from your computer for a couple of days because in 12 hours or even tomorrow the answers are going to still be the same. If u need to catch up then go back and read the entire thread before asking the same silly questions that have been asked atleast a billion times already.

I'm starting to think a bunch of women invested in bay by the way people are complaining like sissy's. Cash out your bay and go get a candy bar fat boy.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:26:01 PM

Non stop negativity is very annoying. If you're scared then sell your Bay and let someone else have it.

If you're trying to scare serious investors away from this your going the right way about it.

If all you want is a whoo-ha thread with feel good factor where most of a coin's valuation derives from mutually induced hysteria then I suggest you go and take a stroll through the graveyards of bitcointalk.org [ANN] threads and feast your eyes on the associated mind boggling projections for valuations.

I think crypto has moved on from there myself.

We've had over a year and a half of significant alt launches reaching huge marketcaps and then dying without ever gaining any significant adoption. It's been an exercise in fiat accumulation for the most part fed by a willing supply of clowns who jump on bandwagons as soon as a few buzzwords are waved in front of their face.

Projects like this one do actually stand a chance of breaking that duck and it does posses some promising qualities. But it won't go anywhere if it's just a spectator sport - a day at the races where your horse either came in or didn't. That's why I asked you how many of these ventures you've been involved in (which I noticed you didn't answer) because there is now quite a large population of investors with a good track record of watching how cryptocurrency projects grow, blossom and die. They don't need to see another "feel good factor" [ANN] thread. They know the scams, have ridden the highs and been dumped in the moat enough times now to do more than scratch the surface of an investment prospect before they sink their hard earned BTC into it.

If this is to go even to a cap of $5m then many of those will have to be interested. They'll also be "whale pumpers" who will jump on significant bits of news and pump the thing to kingdom come only to take profits at the top and dump it to oblivion.

The only resistance to that kind of thing killing the coin is long term fundamental commercial viability, so I suggest you support in any efforts to start establishing what that viability is.

Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:31:09 PM

In reguardless to hat Toko is asking it wouldn't be a bad idea to put together a small board of community members of some of the top holders who are trusted members to hVe some info revealed to them maybe a Q/A once a week meeting online so that gets an be subsided without revealing info to small frys in the bunch that would wreak havoc. Just an idea
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:32:38 PM

Maybe I've missed it but why doesn't the OSX wallet provide the "Market" and "Smart contract" option? I can only send and receive coins.
They are working on it atm. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850267.msg9592523#msg9592523
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:33:27 PM

So they will just say to these vendors, hey put your stuff on our site and Alibaba wont have any problem with that? How many vendors? Variety? A bunch of chinese laptops wont cut it.

Rome wasn't build in one day. Take it easy with your panic mode.

Do you want them to email you every time they get in touch with some vendor? Those things are kept hidden for a reason. May be go to URO and ask them how their vendor got harassment calls from fudders who had nothing better to do with their life.

btw those chinese laptops are sold more than HP or any other top brand in China and other third world countries.

Sorry you thought asking multiple questions with commas means I'm in panic mode.

How Bitbay plans to populate its market is an essential part of the equation. Just like people ask how the tech works cause they want to know then the market side of it also is a valid discussion. Again I hope the Bitbay team can give more details about the plan, and details don't have to mean naming names.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:34:09 PM

If you're trying to scare serious investors away from this your going the right way about it.

If all you want is a whoo-ha thread with feel good factor where most of a coin's valuation derives from mutually induced hysteria then I suggest you go and take a stroll through the graveyards of bitcointalk.org [ANN] threads and feast your eyes on the associated mind boggling projections for valuations.

I think crypto has moved on from there myself.

We've had over a year and a half of significant alt launches reaching huge marketcaps and then dying without ever gaining any significant adoption. It's been an exercise in fiat accumulation for the most part fed by a willing supply of clowns who jump on bandwagons as soon as a few buzzwords are waved in front of their face.

Projects like this one do actually stand a chance of breaking that duck and it does posses some promising qualities. But it won't go anywhere if it's just a spectator sport - a day at the races where your horse either came in or didn't. That's why I asked you how many of these ventures you've been involved in (which I noticed you didn't answer) because there is now quite a large population of investors with a good track record of watching how cryptocurrency projects grow, blossom and die. They don't need to see another "feel good factor" [ANN] thread. They know the scams, have ridden the highs and been dumped in the moat enough times now to do more than scratch the surface of an investment prospect before they sink their hard earned BTC into it.

If this is to go even to a cap of $5m then many of those will have to be interested. They'll also be "whale pumpers" who will jump on significant bits of news and pump the thing to kingdom come only to take profits at the top and dump it to oblivion.

The only resistance to that kind of thing killing the coin is long term fundamental commercial viability, so I suggest you support in any efforts to start establishing what that viability is.

Crypto is risky. Deal with it or go invest in IRA

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:36:21 PM

I'm dealing with it.

You're dismissing it.
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:38:46 PM

Can't we do both?  Grin
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:42:11 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 02:53:45 PM by unusualfacts30

I'm dealing with it.

You're dismissing it.

You're dealing with it by being impatient. Come back next year and you might find answers to your questions. It's too early for anything right now. They can't be online answering questions and working on project at the same time.

Full transparency will ruin bay for every serious investor.

Serious investors would run far away when they see "whale pump" yet somehow you think it'll attract serious investors.

Keep calm and have patience. Give it enough time to grow before making assumptions and asking questions which don't have answers YET. Providing vendors info on a busiest crypto forum would be dumbest thing to do. Last thing we want is people harassing vendors through phone calls like it happened to the business who signed a deal with URO.

Everything needs to be hidden and should be provided when it has been deployed successfully except vendors info (Those things should be kept private. ALWAYS).

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Overed

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:50:16 PM

Haha, people angry coz they didnt get on the board Cheesy:D
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:55:32 PM

It's nice to see some kind of stability in price and volume over the past few days after the ICO.
What I see now is a natural slowly rise and that makes me hopeful for the upcoming holiday season.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

You're dealing with it by being impatient. Come back next year and you might find answers to your questions. It's too early for anything right now. They can't be online answering questions and working on project at the same time.

Full transparency will ruin bay for every investor.

Serious investors would run far away when they see "whale pump" yet somehow you think it'll attract serious investors.

Keep calm and have patience. Give it enough time to grow before making assumptions and asking questions which don't have answers YET.

ok. I will do that. For my own part I've weighed up the risks based on what little information is available.

The problem is, others won't do that. Specially not if little teases like Alibaba are dangled right at the start of the [ANN] thread without any qualification. That's the kind of thing that can blow right up in your face in no time if people start to push for answers and it turns out to be nothing.

Just sayin. I'll shut up for now and let you have your clubby thread back. It isn't my intention to create a disruptive, antagonistic atmosphere. At the same time, I think people should think about these things and start doing some due diligence before this coin has to book its place in one of the two biggest categories of this league: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0
FollowMe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:59:45 PM

David puts a lot of effort into his coin, this is really cool. I would say, this coin has a face, thanks to the home made videos.  Cool  Smiley
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:04:08 PM

Bittrex looks like it is about to brake trough 300.
Last chance to buy in below highest ICO price is about now.
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

David puts a lot of effort into his coin, this is really cool. I would say, this coin has a face, thanks to the home made videos.  Cool  Smiley
I totally agree, with one correction. It's not his coin, but our coin as well now. Wink
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

Not gonna lie, kind of liking the buy support on Trex.

Slow and steady. 
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: