Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:59:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376900 times)
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:43:12 PM

But if the wallet forks before he transfers, they could put something in the code to not accept any coin transfers from XXXXX wallet address.

Like I said it can be done, Luke-Jr did it with Bitcoin.

That was actually done or just proposed?

If the former, that's completely against the fundamentals of being a decentralized currency.

A single person deciding which addresses can and can't be used defeats the whole purpose of cryptocurrencies.  

It was done in one of the distros.  I think it was debian.  it was pulled but then added back in recently so yea there are forced blacklists in there for anyone running that distro. 

I'm a dev, so I'll put a little context in.  Luke-Jr put these in by default in the Gentoo linux distro.

This only prevents your node from relaying these transactions, but it cannot stop them from occuring.  For example, if even one node doesn't have a blacklist, the tx will still go through (albeit, it will take a long time), if that node stakes.  Therefore, these blacklists are kind of stupid, as they don't do anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vObh0n]6W

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:44:20 PM

But if the wallet forks before he transfers, they could put something in the code to not accept any coin transfers from XXXXX wallet address.

If the former, that's completely against the fundamentals of being a decentralized currency.

A single person deciding which addresses can and can't be used defeats the whole purpose of cryptocurrencies.  

It was done in one of the distros.  I think it was debian.  it was pulled but then added back in recently so yea there are forced blacklists in there for anyone running that distro. 

I'm a dev, so I'll put a little context in.  Luke-Jr put these in by default in the Gentoo linux distro.

This only prevents your node from relaying these transactions, but it cannot stop them from occuring.  For example, if even one node doesn't have a blacklist, the tx will still go through (albeit, it will take a long time), if that node stakes.  Therefore, these blacklists are kind of stupid, as they don't do anything.

As a dev, what exactly do you mean by "stakes" when referencing bitcoin?

Send tips here 1d5F2nmmRSDbCDfgBq1yrLQUooSprdAn4
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:48:59 PM

As a dev, what exactly do you mean by "stakes" when referencing bitcoin?

I'm talking about if it were to be implemented in xpy.  In bitcoin, it's if a pool mines a block without the blacklist
Kcir2015

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:01:58 PM

Ive been following this thread since page 800 and decided to join.

Why THE MAGE would want to be involved in the scam is unknown to most. Why attach your name to a huge fraud, you simply have little to offer that mess.

Hopefully the raid drives have been imaged and the gov has backups of the lost forum.  Someone said it was hosted in the cloud? I suspect the site was dropped since it had tons of incriminating evidence against Josh Garza and his cronies.

BitJane is 100% a shill and helped people lose money.

Vlad is a moron.

Everyone involved in that scam should be burned.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:13:06 PM

Damn, it must be troll Andrew day. Getting it over here and on Litecointalk rofl.

I've been "involved" with this ever since Josh bought coinswap and I told him to shove it  Wink.

EDIT: And for the last time, im not doing anything actively at all, I barely did anything.  Roll Eyes

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:20:04 PM

lol look how stupid these guys are the village is burning and they're worried if someone had permission to post this like you would need any anyway.... hey did you get permission to post a detailed list of Josh's lies hmm?

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
Proceed_With_GAWtion

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:22:01 PM

Yo, people be confused about how easy it is to get rid of the GAW premine. Let me lay it out:

1. Pick a block height in that XPY chain.
2. Collect all them unspent transaction outputs.
3. Throw out them that look GAWish.
4. Restart with new block chain with a premine giving coins to non-GAWish addresses. (Look what Clams did for example.)

And that there is how Paycoin3 can be started cleansed of its Ganza roots.

It ain't hard. Unless you ain't got enough knowhow to even redirect DNS. Then it's kinda hard.

If the Paycoin community be wanting advice on how to do this, then they should go to the start of this message and read it again. </consultation>

Edit: jot
Cash BTC

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:27:53 PM

Yo, people be confused about how easy it is to get rid of the GAW premine. Let me lay it out:

4. Restart with new block chain with a premine giving coins to non-GAWish addresses. (Look what Clams did for example.)

It ain't hard. Unless you ain't got enough knowhow to even redirect DNS. Then it's kinda hard.

If the Paycoin community be wanting advice on how to do this, then they should go to the start of this message and read it again. </consultation>

Does this create a new fork in the blockchain?

If yes that separate completely the Paycoin software from the ownership of GAW Miners or the Paycoin Foundation.

You need authorisation to do that.
Proceed_With_GAWtion

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:32:32 PM

Does this create a new fork in the blockchain?

If yes that separate completely the Paycoin software from the ownership of GAW Miners or the Paycoin Foundation.

You need authorisation to do that.

Shit, not really a fork. Not the same genesis block.

But fork or not, crypto is permissionless. I could do it and GAW couldn't do shit. Threaten to sue me, but fuck them. Jot Ganza ain't goin near a courtroom unless he's done arrested.
Cash BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:42:40 PM

But fork or not, crypto is permissionless. I could do it and GAW couldn't do shit. Threaten to sue me, but fuck them. Jot Ganza ain't goin near a courtroom unless he's done arrested.

Not when you have miners only owned by a single entity: a Company in our case.

That is how Paycoin achieve instant transaction time.
vObh0n]6W

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:49:14 PM

lol look how stupid these guys are the village is burning and they're worried if someone had permission to post this like you would need any anyway.... hey did you get permission to post a detailed list of Josh's lies hmm?

vObh0n]6W

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:51:54 PM

Not when you have miners only owned by a single entity: a Company in our case.

That is how Paycoin achieve instant transaction time.

Dude. Read a little about paycoin. It's not only mined by Gaw, anyone can technically mine (or "stake") if they have coins. If it was forked, then all you'd need was enough people moving over to the new fork to sustain it.

The problem with this proposal is that much of the coins are likely on exchanges already, so you can't seperate out the ones owned by Gaw. Plus, what about the customers who hold coins on Zencloud or Paybase? If they withdrew, they'd lose their coins on this plan.

Cash BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:57:17 PM

Dude. Read a little about paycoin. It's not only mined by Gaw, anyone can technically mine (or "stake") if they have coins. If it was forked, then all you'd need was enough people moving over to the new fork to sustain it.

Dude. Learn something about cryptocurrencies before making statements. Please!

The Paycoin instant transaction feature is not achieved because the protocol is "magic" but because the mining is centralized.

Otherwise every alt-coin with the POS algorithm in the cryptocurrency market can achieve instant transaction time (Peercoin and many others).

POS and minting has nothing to do with instant transaction time.
vObh0n]6W

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:04:39 PM

Dude. Learn something about cryptocurrencies before making statements. Please!

The Paycoin instant transaction feature is not achieved because the protocol is "magic" but because the mining is centralized.

Otherwise every alt-coin with the POS algorithm in the cryptocurrency market can achieve instant transaction time (Peercoin and many others).

POS and minting has nothing to do with instant transaction time.

You claimed that there is only one company mining. That is false. I mined a couple of blocks back in the day, if you want proof I can dig up the hashes and sign a message for you.

Paycoin has no instant transaction feature, at least not any more than bitcoin. The code as of now is only faster insofar as the block time is shorter.

If you still want to push the false claim that Paycoin has instant transactions, please link to the parts in the code that do that.

truckinusa

Activity: 534

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:04:51 PM

Damn, it must be troll Andrew day. Getting it over here and on Litecointalk rofl.

I've been "involved" with this ever since Josh bought coinswap and I told him to shove it  Wink.

EDIT: And for the last time, im not doing anything actively at all, I barely did anything.  Roll Eyes

I love when you make rhetorical questions like "Can I fix your coin for 1 million dollars?"  It never happened like it was expected, but I think you proved your point which is this is a scam and there is no fixing anything.  Do we need to look at your 1099's to verify Josh Garza never paid you?  I think we know the answer to that too lol?

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
Proceed_With_GAWtion

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:07:38 PM

The problem with this proposal is that much of the coins are likely on exchanges already, so you can't seperate out the ones owned by Gaw. Plus, what about the customers who hold coins on Zencloud or Paybase? If they withdrew, they'd lose their coins on this plan.

Yo, not the sole controller of private keys, got no bitcoins. I was gonna say "paycoins" but "got paycoins" and "got no paycoins" ain't that different.

About the "instant transaction" feature of Paycoin. Yeh, paycoin made people's bitcoins instantly transact into Ganza's wallet. Good point, yo.
Cash BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:10:28 PM

You claimed that there is only one company mining. That is false. I mined a couple of blocks back in the day, if you want proof I can dig up the hashes and sign a message for you.

That is false, and if I had the time to look in the code I will find that. Giving you the "feeling" that you are mining a coin give you the feeling that you are actually part of something.

If Paycoin was a normal alt-currency you cannot have instant transaction time without having centralized mining.

Paycoin has no instant transaction feature, at least not any more than bitcoin. The code as of now is only faster insofar as the block time is shorter.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO USE PAYCOIN?!?

If you still want to push the false claim that Paycoin has instant transactions, please link to the parts in the code that do that.

That is what I was searching.
vObh0n]6W

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:21:58 PM

That is false, and if I had the time to look in the code I will find that. Giving you the "feeling" that you are mining a coin give you the feeling that you are actually part of something.

If Paycoin was a normal alt-currency you cannot have instant transaction time without having centralized mining.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO USE PAYCOIN?!?

That is what I was searching.

Okay here's an example. This https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/address.dws?PVh6nUpon2PWwAPnDJdPFHnJ7Xx7zRChJP.htm is one of my addresses. This block https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xpy/block.dws?10030.htm was mined by me, on one of my computers. (It probably was on my Amazon EC2 one, actually.)

You see how real transactions are included in the block?

Now for proof I own that address, I will sign my username plus today's date with the key.

"vObh0n]6W March 8 2015" (remove the quotes)

H4mrjbCFz9uBpxFhLcuWH3vgCCnIaAh8T5arqvO/UGAHaWMVeJo22/OG/k6FYy0snF6eRq7ZJ4M8PspvkEAlv9I=

https://i.imgur.com/4uln3dc.png

Yes, I've initiated paycoin transactions. They go through instantly just like any other coin. The question is how long it takes to confirm, and there paycoin is faster because the block time is lower than bitcoin's. There is nothing special besides that.

Cash BTC

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:25:30 PM

Yes, I've initiated paycoin transactions. They go through instantly just like any other coin. The question is how long it takes to confirm, and there paycoin is faster because the block time is lower than bitcoin's. There is nothing special besides that.

If you cannot understand that difference we have nothing to talk about.
twobitlolz

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:26:36 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 10:05:42 PM by twobitlolz

Hashtalk ran on the NodeBB forum software, cloud-hosted and managed by nodebb.org (hence the invoices we saw)

PayCoin Talk runs Vanilla, and is likely cloud-hosted and managed by vanillaforums.com (loosely assumed by the lack of branding... a "perk" Hashtalk also enjoyed by opting for paid hosting)
you can see an example of a self-hosted* (branded) Vanilla installation at http://forum.hashtalk.org, although it doesn't take a rocket scientist to remove the branding from a self-hosted installation

both are open-source forums whose developers offer managed cloud hosting services

--

Hashtalk point to 184.168.221.32
that's a GoDaddy load balancer handling parking pages like the one for hashtalk.com (184.168.221.32)

these are not the droids you're looking for

--

Cloudflare isn't a cloud hosting service, it's a ddos protection proxy service.

You still need your own hosting.

Makes sense but if this was the case would you not just change the dns to point at the new forum?

I believe the DNS was changed to a "cloud" host of some sort.  Maybe they didnt pay them either  Roll Eyes
Cloudflare was/is their DNS provider (it also acts as a DDoS protection proxy as mentioned above, and CDN)

--

His forum does have the same layout as hashtalk though which is odd.  Wonder if that means anything or if its a coincidence and GAW and this guy paid the same third party to design and launch their forums?
default NodeBB theme

--

(http://pastebin.com/4ZFbTv3c)

community.nodebb.org (104.131.182.59) is also running on DigitalOcean

--

* [edit: looks like forum.hashtalk.org aka gawminers.vanillaforums.org is not "self-hosted", but could be the "starter" plan for $99/mo.. is that bill really still being paid when so many other things aren't?]
Pages: « 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: