Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376900 times)
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:16:19 PM

OMG, +1 on the airplane reference! Cheesy

You are on the wrong forum Andrew,  you should be over at http://talk.paycoin.com/discussions helping them save their scam coin.

rofl, try troll harder  Grin

I registered last night so I could get my name, but I havent posted or looked at anything yet (well 1 thread in the fud section).

I guess my response for you on /r/litecoin wasn't good enough  Roll Eyes

Personally im not convinced that teamXYP is separate at this point. I did pass along via third party that whatever they do they need to hard fork and start with removing the premine all together (aka Josh's stash). So we shall see what happens within the next few weeks on the code base.

How can you remove the premine but preserve the coins already sold off to legitimate owners?

Not following as closely as others are, but I assume that someone has identified the wallets the Josh/GAW owns? Those can be removed. So maybe removing the premine all together was a poor choice in words.

You can remove the ridiculous staking, but you cannot remove the wallets AFAIK.  I can only think of one way. But it would have to be done in secret, otherwise GAW could easily thwart it.

You can blacklist wallets, Luke-Jr tried to do that with a fork of Bitcoin a while back to remove gambling sites if I remember correctly. And yes the staking is something else I suggested them to do. I pretty much mentioned it in 1 email and I haven't talked about it since.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:23:14 PM

You are on the wrong forum Andrew,  you should be over at http://talk.paycoin.com/discussions helping them save their scam coin.

I registered last night so I could get my name, but I havent posted or looked at anything yet (well 1 thread in the fud section).

Personally im not convinced that teamXYP is separate at this point. I did pass along via third party that whatever they do they need to hard fork and start with removing the premine all together (aka Josh's stash). So we shall see what happens within the next few weeks on the code base.

How can you remove the premine but preserve the coins already sold off to legitimate owners?

Not following as closely as others are, but I assume that someone has identified the wallets the Josh/GAW owns? Those can be removed. So maybe removing the premine all together was a poor choice in words.

You can remove the ridiculous staking, but you cannot remove the wallets AFAIK.  I can only think of one way. But it would have to be done in secret, otherwise GAW could easily thwart it.

You can blacklist wallets, Luke-Jr tried to do that with a fork of Bitcoin a while back to remove gambling sites if I remember correctly. And yes the staking is something else I suggested them to do. I pretty much mentioned it in 1 email and I haven't talked about it since.

It would be easy to avoid. He could transact to an exchange, do some fake trading with friends and you would need the exchange to follow the coins. But if he would chose the right people, nobody would know if the trading was fake or real. And the believers maybe would say something like "Oh, see those buywalls Somebody knows something! Soon $20!" ;-)
TheMage

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:24:55 PM

It would be easy to avoid. He could transact to an exchange, do some fake trading with friends and you would need the exchange to follow the coins. But if he would chose the right people, nobody would know if the trading was fake or real. And the believers maybe would say something like "Oh, see those buywalls Somebody knows something! Soon $20!" ;-)

But if the wallet forks before he transfers, they could put something in the code to not accept any coin transfers from XXXXX wallet address.

Like I said it can be done, Luke-Jr did it with Bitcoin.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:32:22 PM

But if the wallet forks before he transfers, they could put something in the code to not accept any coin transfers from XXXXX wallet address.

I don't doubt that it can be done technically. But it can't be done very soon, right now...today, tomorrow. And the discussion about it is not really secret.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:32:36 PM

That was actually done or just proposed?

If the former, that's completely against the fundamentals of being a decentralized currency.

A single person deciding which addresses can and can't be used defeats the whole purpose of cryptocurrencies.  
truckinusa

Activity: 534

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:36:23 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 04:49:31 PM by truckinusa

I'd just ban all wallets over 5000XPY.  That should level the playing field if he isn't given a heads up.

Loving this post, basically proves to me that they are working with Josh.  He's behind the scenes somewhere.

Remember when we were worried about our Primes not Double Dipping?

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
TheMage

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:03:01 PM

If the former, that's completely against the fundamentals of being a decentralized currency.

A single person deciding which addresses can and can't be used defeats the whole purpose of cryptocurrencies.  

The code was developed from what I remember but would require a fork. Obviously never happened (the fork) plus yes the idea to blacklist certain wallets in bitcoins case is against its fundamentals so people ignored it.

Plus if you know Luke-Jr he has some.....interesting views on things. And ill leave it at that.  Roll Eyes

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:22:02 PM

Once those mining equipment sellers realize they can make much more money by mining with equipment themselves, especially equipment a customer has already paid for, it's pretty much over.  

BFL set the standard there that others follow to this day.  But GAW certainly set the standard for a release scamcoin - taking WDC's pre-mine, UNOCS pump-and-dumps, and Scharmbeck's "prime investing opportunity" to a whole higher level.  What an idea - making money off little PNG images you could move around the screen and press buttons on - all you have to do is to promise the moon and deliver, well, nothing at all, dumping batches of your millions of pre-mined coins each time you told another lie.

Just to remind people of just a few of those promises, so they don't think it was "mere incompetence" that caused all of this, here's a quick list:

Hashlets will "Never expire and always be profitable" - lie
Prime Hashlets will be able to mine SHA-256 - lie
Prime Hashlets will be the only ones mining XPY PoW phase - lie
HashBase - lie
AmpStore is coming soon - lie
Hybrid-thermal-rubber-rabbit-flux-chain BTC2 capabilities - lie
Paybase debit card - lie
Paybase Amazon, Target, WallMart and co - lie
Paybase BillPay - lie
Paybase thousands of merchants on board - lie
XPY $20 floor - lie
World leading coin development team hired - lie
CAF (Coin Adoption Fund) - lie
$100 Million Fiat reserve - lie
We're moving the market - lie
GAW "bought" BTC.com for $1 Million dollars - lie
GAW bought ZenCloud for $8 Million dollars - lie - in fact, this is the lie that shows it's been nothing but a scam since the very beginning.

Remember Legendarys limited to 500 - lie
Vegas Legendarys only given to those attending Vegas - lie
Vegas Legendarys will be the rarest of Legendarys - lie
Holloween legendarys will be able to combine into something special - lie
Staker Legendarys will only be limited to 100 - lie
all Legendarys converted to Stakers will keep their Legendary status - lie
all legendarys converted to Stakers will get extra abilities - lie

Great post. Succinct and easy to read compilation of Gaw lies. Anyone have doubts this is not a scam?

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:25:27 PM

Just discovered Mr. Garza's latest avatar => Looks like his phoenix was just caught "rising from the ashes" and making off with many peoples' piggy bank~  Roll Eyes

So typical...

Scott-

rawbot

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:26:06 PM

You are on the wrong forum Andrew,  you should be over at http://talk.paycoin.com/discussions helping them save their scam coin.

Oh come on Andrew, I am a long term litecoin holder who discovers that the director of the litecoin association is very actively trying to rescue a coin that was created as a scam, by a proven fraudster (who is probably going to jail in the future for this fraud). And the members of the new community are every bit as vile as the old hashtalk.

What did you want me to do upon hearing this bombshell?  Buy you a beer?  I could barely stomach the assistance given to dogecoin last year by Charlie Lee but this is on a whole new level.  Why can you not see that?  You don't come across as a moron.

Why don't you mention your involvement in this rescue attempt at today's litecoin association meeting, (which will no doubt be sparsely attended, just like litecointalk and the litecoin subreddit)

Have you ever looked at the litecoin association and wondered if that may need rescuing?  Is it fit for purpose?

Or are my comments trolling?
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:31:16 PM

Just discovered Mr. Garza's latest avatar => Looks like his phoenix was just caught "rising from the ashes" and making off with many peoples' piggy bank~  Roll Eyes

So typical...

Scott-

lol good one, you have to wonder about the mental state of someone who calls themselves a CEO and spends their time posting smiley faces on forums and changing their avatars while the ship is sinking...

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:44:11 PM

Oh come on Andrew, I am a long term litecoin holder who discovers that the director of the litecoin association is very actively trying to rescue a coin that was created as a scam, by a proven fraudster (who is probably going to jail in the future for this fraud). And the members of the new community are every bit as vile as the old hashtalk.

That is disturbing.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TheMage

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:08:27 PM

You are on the wrong forum Andrew,  you should be over at http://talk.paycoin.com/discussions helping them save their scam coin.

What did you want me to do upon hearing this bombshell?  Buy you a beer?  I could barely stomach the assistance given to dogecoin last year by Charlie Lee but this is on a whole new level.  Why can you not see that?  You don't come across as a moron.

Why don't you mention your involvement in this rescue attempt at today's litecoin association meeting, (which will no doubt be sparsely attended, just like litecointalk and the litecoin subreddit)

Have you ever looked at the litecoin association and wondered if that may need rescuing?  Is it fit for purpose?

Or are my comments trolling?

I guess you refuse to read what I wrote you on reddit? Actively is hardly a word I would use, and I already answered several times (but you either missed it or are trying to enrage me? I have no idea).

For you http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/2y4pif/coin_fire_gaw_miners_catches_sec_ftc_irs_dhs/cp696a8

TheMage

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:15:54 PM

I should also add since the point has not gotten across you yet that I offered to consult, and I sent an email that was passed along to teamxpy that took all of 2 minutes to write and told them a few things they need to fix if they want to be taken seriously (which is really nothing more than what everyone here has talked about).

I'm spending way more time discussing it here than the email I sent  Roll Eyes.

vObh0n]6W

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

I should also add since the point has not gotten across you yet that I offered to consult, and I sent an email that was passed along to teamxpy that took all of 2 minutes to write and told them a few things they need to fix if they want to be taken seriously (which is really nothing more than what everyone here has talked about).

What about where you offered to take over as CEO for $1-1.5 million?

Send tips here 1d5F2nmmRSDbCDfgBq1yrLQUooSprdAn4
TheMage

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:21:43 PM

What about where you offered to take over as CEO for $1-1.5 million?

LOL

It was funny wasn't it  Grin

bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:22:26 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 06:41:04 PM by bassguitarman

Made a simple site to track "Expert" XPY "Projections", prices may be a bit inflated

http://xpyprice.herokuapp.com

~Bass
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:29:53 PM

Comes with free api!

http://xpyprice.herokuapp.com/api.php
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 06:38:40 PM

It was done in one of the distros.  I think it was debian.  it was pulled but then added back in recently so yea there are forced blacklists in there for anyone running that distro. 

vObh0n]6W

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:43:05 PM

It was done in one of the distros.  I think it was debian.  it was pulled but then added back in recently so yea there are forced blacklists in there for anyone running that distro. 

It was Gentoo. And it was removed pretty soon.

And you can manually download the source yourself and build it like regular. It's only if you go through the OS that you got the forked version.

Send tips here 1d5F2nmmRSDbCDfgBq1yrLQUooSprdAn4
Pages: « 1 ... 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: