Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2026, 05:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436826 times)
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:16:43 PM
 #3541

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I think you're a bit too emotionally invested here. I actually like that this is a low-key project and the dev isn't hyping a product that doesn't yet exist. I find them pretty consistent in progress and updates. It is what it is. Strong hands will remain because of fundamentals and potential of this project. And until they deliver at least an alpha product, there is no reason for 1MM market cap. Also, I hope you didn't miss the profit opportunity from the recent pump.

Purevidz may seem enticing a first glance, but they are not fully decentralized. As anyone who's followed the Pirate Bay story knows, maintaining a public tracker is a difficult job. There have been domain blockings, prosecutions, lawsuits and hardware confiscations all over the globe.The site endures because of countless volunteers and donations, and the daily cat and mouse game they play with authorities. Once the media legal complex gets wind of Purevidz, the small dev team doesn't stand a chance. Popcorn Time suffered this fate.
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:06:41 PM
 #3542

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I think you're a bit too emotionally invested here. I actually like that this is a low-key project and the dev isn't hyping a product that doesn't yet exist. I find them pretty consistent in progress and updates. It is what it is. Strong hands will remain because of fundamentals and potential of this project. And until they deliver at least an alpha product, there is no reason for 1MM market cap. Also, I hope you didn't miss the profit opportunity from the recent pump.

Purevidz may seem enticing a first glance, but they are not fully decentralized. As anyone who's followed the Pirate Bay story knows, maintaining a public tracker is a difficult job. There have been domain blockings, prosecutions, lawsuits and hardware confiscations all over the globe.The site endures because of countless volunteers and donations, and the daily cat and mouse game they play with authorities. Once the media legal complex gets wind of Purevidz, the small dev team doesn't stand a chance. Popcorn Time suffered this fate.

I get where he's coming from, but you're absolutely right. Every project is a gamble. The dev has never been communicative,  but he has been developing (which is more important imho).

Another hard fork is coming up, and with it will be something new.

I haven't been around since the beginning, but has the dev promised something at a specific time and not delivered?

I know he hasn't delivered on the torrent yet, but he's never said (expect the torrent on <insert date>).

Aside from that, i wish the dev would ask for help if he needs it.

-pickle
wtman
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000


View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:16:58 PM
 #3543

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I think you're a bit too emotionally invested here. I actually like that this is a low-key project and the dev isn't hyping a product that doesn't yet exist. I find them pretty consistent in progress and updates. It is what it is. Strong hands will remain because of fundamentals and potential of this project. And until they deliver at least an alpha product, there is no reason for 1MM market cap. Also, I hope you didn't miss the profit opportunity from the recent pump.

Purevidz may seem enticing a first glance, but they are not fully decentralized. As anyone who's followed the Pirate Bay story knows, maintaining a public tracker is a difficult job. There have been domain blockings, prosecutions, lawsuits and hardware confiscations all over the globe.The site endures because of countless volunteers and donations, and the daily cat and mouse game they play with authorities. Once the media legal complex gets wind of Purevidz, the small dev team doesn't stand a chance. Popcorn Time suffered this fate.

I get where he's coming from, but you're absolutely right. Every project is a gamble. The dev has never been communicative,  but he has been developing (which is more important imho).

Another hard fork is coming up, and with it will be something new.

I haven't been around since the beginning, but has the dev promised something at a specific time and not delivered?

I know he hasn't delivered on the torrent yet, but he's never said (expect the torrent on <insert date>).

Aside from that, i wish the dev would ask for help if he needs it.

-pickle


When is the alpha coming up in your opinion?
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:04:14 PM
 #3544

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I think you're a bit too emotionally invested here. I actually like that this is a low-key project and the dev isn't hyping a product that doesn't yet exist. I find them pretty consistent in progress and updates. It is what it is. Strong hands will remain because of fundamentals and potential of this project. And until they deliver at least an alpha product, there is no reason for 1MM market cap. Also, I hope you didn't miss the profit opportunity from the recent pump.

Purevidz may seem enticing a first glance, but they are not fully decentralized. As anyone who's followed the Pirate Bay story knows, maintaining a public tracker is a difficult job. There have been domain blockings, prosecutions, lawsuits and hardware confiscations all over the globe.The site endures because of countless volunteers and donations, and the daily cat and mouse game they play with authorities. Once the media legal complex gets wind of Purevidz, the small dev team doesn't stand a chance. Popcorn Time suffered this fate.

I get where he's coming from, but you're absolutely right. Every project is a gamble. The dev has never been communicative,  but he has been developing (which is more important imho).

Another hard fork is coming up, and with it will be something new.

I haven't been around since the beginning, but has the dev promised something at a specific time and not delivered?

I know he hasn't delivered on the torrent yet, but he's never said (expect the torrent on <insert date>).

Aside from that, i wish the dev would ask for help if he needs it.

-pickle


When is the alpha coming up in your opinion?

I think thats a question more suited for coins101
mishax1
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017


View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:40:13 AM
 #3545

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

sort of true - sound and groundbreaking tech is only one ingredient for success- community and marketing are another essential one.

just remember VHS vs BETAMAX, VHS was the inferior product but kicked BETA off the shelves just the same.

I completely agree, community is one of the essential key ingredients, the dev never seemed to get that, or just doesn't care.

I hope this doesn't end up like betamax.

You and coins101 are the only ones that kept this thread alive for the whole time..
ALCTEC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 152
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:30:05 PM
 #3546

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

sort of true - sound and groundbreaking tech is only one ingredient for success- community and marketing are another essential one.

just remember VHS vs BETAMAX, VHS was the inferior product but kicked BETA off the shelves just the same.

I completely agree, community is one of the essential key ingredients, the dev never seemed to get that, or just doesn't care.

I hope this doesn't end up like betamax.

You and coins101 are the only ones that kept this thread alive for the whole time..

Let's keep this thread alive - thread length is a factor exchanges consider when adding coins. When torrenting is active we are going up x100.
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:49:36 PM
 #3547

This thread will have no problems being active when torrents are available.

I just wish vtorrent dev would pop on once a month.

-pickle
ALCTEC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 152
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:52:55 PM
 #3548

This thread will have no problems being active when torrents are available.

I just wish vtorrent dev would pop on once a month.

-pickle

He was at least lurking a couple of days ago. Let's hope he's hard at work
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:45:27 PM
 #3549

This thread will have no problems being active when torrents are available.

I just wish vtorrent dev would pop on once a month.

-pickle

"We are more than happy to take on board suggestions from the community."

Perhaps the dev would be open to community members becoming official spokesmen for the project.
ALCTEC
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 152
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:19:11 AM
 #3550

This thread will have no problems being active when torrents are available.

I just wish vtorrent dev would pop on once a month.

-pickle

"We are more than happy to take on board suggestions from the community."

Perhaps the dev would be open to community members becoming official spokesmen for the project.

I'm happy to let this giant sleep - finished product will speak for itself.

wtman
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000


View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:30:47 AM
 #3551

maybe some private beta users can tell us something?


Screenshot of early-beta version of client with BitTorrent build-in, currently only download function is available.

Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 12:19:47 PM
 #3552

You all are too impatient...

2FA implemented made this a serious project, not a scam.

Torrent over blockchain is something new, you should give to dev enough time to develop this.

Or you prefer when devs release only screenshot (most time fake) just for pumps?

I prefer to see new wallet with torrent only when will be ready and tested.
Waiting for it I should thanks to all for selling so much for so cheap!

VTR will be on top 10 altcoin when all will be ready



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 01:08:46 PM
 #3553

You all are too impatient...

2FA implemented made this a serious project, not a scam.

Torrent over blockchain is something new, you should give to dev enough time to develop this.

Or you prefer when devs release only screenshot (most time fake) just for pumps?

I prefer to see new wallet with torrent only when will be ready and tested.
Waiting for it I should thanks to all for selling so much for so cheap!

VTR will be on top 10 altcoin when all will be ready

And before painc selling because off "dev didn't login from 2 weeks" remember than we already have:
- 2FA (first in Crypto)
- IOS READY WALLET ( https://youtu.be/5fyK0z5APXI )

Coming soon, probably after next fork at block 1,300,000

- RIOT (decentralised anonymous social network)
- TORRENT (torrent have more than 200 million monthly users)
- MULTISIGN
- HD WALLET
- TOR and I2P



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
l8orre
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1194
Merit: 1022


View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:23:16 PM
 #3554

on the other hand, at some point the dev will have to come out of this stealth mode in order to enable growth and synergies.

Operating in some kind of stealth mode may be possible, but not beyond a certain point in development.

by the way: as can be seen by the example of SuperNET's jl777, it is possible for the main dev to remain 100% anon, while actively engaging in a multi-role team.
leigh2k14
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:26:52 PM
 #3555

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

sort of true - sound and groundbreaking tech is only one ingredient for success- community and marketing are another essential one.

just remember VHS vs BETAMAX, VHS was the inferior product but kicked BETA off the shelves just the same.

I completely agree, community is one of the essential key ingredients, the dev never seemed to get that, or just doesn't care.

I hope this doesn't end up like betamax.

You and coins101 are the only ones that kept this thread alive for the whole time..
If it weren't for this thread I doubt i'd be legendary, hundreds and hundreds of shit posts Smiley


●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●





▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
 
Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
Zer0Sum
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000


View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:45:11 PM
 #3556

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I got out July 2015 because this Dev has open contempt for his investors...
But because of my interest in VTR and Alexandria I was waiting for VIDZ... and all fucking over it.

VIDZ gets very high marks for communication and quickly delivering on roadmap...
And adapting to real world = they switched the site from WebTorrent to IPFS in 2 days!!!

Enjoy your 2FA  Cheesy
Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 05:33:09 PM
 #3557

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I got out July 2015 because this Dev has open contempt for his investors...
But because of my interest in VTR and Alexandria I was waiting for VIDZ... and all fucking over it.

VIDZ gets very high marks for communication and quickly delivering on roadmap...
And adapting to real world = they switched the site from WebTorrent to IPFS in 2 days!!!

Enjoy your 2FA  Cheesy

I'm holding VIDZ from 130sat, so I'm very happy about this pump but can't understand why someone should pay for an HD streaming.
Here (Italy) I can find movies even in 4K for free, why I should pay for using VIDZ while someone else is doing the same for free?



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
SoreGums
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 129
Merit: 100



View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:45:24 PM
 #3558

It's a bitter pill to swallow when I have been following this project for 26 months, when purevidz launched a few weeks ago and just hit 1M marketcap.

I put this down to the way the developer interacts or lack of interaction with the investors in this project.

We'd be lucky if he logs in twice a month.

I don't care about FUD it's the truth.

Dev sort your shit out before this gets dumped to fuck and you lose all your followers.

I got out July 2015 because this Dev has open contempt for his investors...
But because of my interest in VTR and Alexandria I was waiting for VIDZ... and all fucking over it.

VIDZ gets very high marks for communication and quickly delivering on roadmap...
And adapting to real world = they switched the site from WebTorrent to IPFS in 2 days!!!

Enjoy your 2FA  Cheesy

I'm holding VIDZ from 130sat, so I'm very happy about this pump but can't understand why someone should pay for an HD streaming.
Here (Italy) I can find movies even in 4K for free, why I should pay for using VIDZ while someone else is doing the same for free?
VIDZ is vapourware right now, nothing in their OP pitch is visible, yet everyone in that thread is like "omgz, this streaming site is the best ev4!!"...

Based on what is in this thread looks like an actual product is in the works and what is written actually makes sense.
Syncing wallet atm Wink
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:05:40 PM
 #3559

Just a friendly reminder about PureVidz vs vTorrent, which I've mentioned a few times already and because we all know that no one in the cryptocurrency does any reading and only jumps onto projects that have a nice pretty logo.

PureVidz issues a bounty to the person who uploaded the torrent file; once someone downloads a torrent/magnet from any public site and uploads it to PureVidz they win the bounty. They do not have to have anything to do with creation or seeding of that file from thereon--this means that BitTorrent will have the same issue of scarce/high quality/very large content being difficult to source/find.

vTorrent will issue a bounty based on the amount of data transferred--i.e. seed a torrent with 300 MB of data and you get issued 0.03 VTR (or whatever the scale ends up being). This means that vTorrent provides an incentivized ecosystem for seeders and leechers of data. This means that the person who wants that 1, 10, or 1000GB file can pay to download it if they wish so and people who host this data are paid for doing so on a continuous basis--this means that BitTorrent will have a system to incentivize rare/hard to source content (much like a private tracker).


There IS a big, big difference between these two projects.
rhinomonkey
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître


View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:27:04 PM
 #3560

Just a friendly reminder about PureVidz vs vTorrent, which I've mentioned a few times already and because we all know that no one in the cryptocurrency does any reading and only jumps onto projects that have a nice pretty logo.

PureVidz issues a bounty to the person who uploaded the torrent file; once someone downloads a torrent/magnet from any public site and uploads it to PureVidz they win the bounty. They do not have to have anything to do with creation or seeding of that file from thereon--this means that BitTorrent will have the same issue of scarce/high quality/very large content being difficult to source/find.

vTorrent will issue a bounty based on the amount of data transferred--i.e. seed a torrent with 300 MB of data and you get issued 0.03 VTR (or whatever the scale ends up being). This means that vTorrent provides an incentivized ecosystem for seeders and leechers of data. This means that the person who wants that 1, 10, or 1000GB file can pay to download it if they wish so and people who host this data are paid for doing so on a continuous basis--this means that BitTorrent will have a system to incentivize rare/hard to source content (much like a private tracker).


There IS a big, big difference between these two projects.

Could vtr be a second layer to vidz? Seems like they are complimentary then to me. If one can get paid to upload content through vidz and then seed it on vtr.

Maybe this is impossible, I don't know.

Both projects are working on similar goals - free distribution of content.

If both can benefit each other, I don't see why that wouldn't be pursued.

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 263 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!