Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:25:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:37:04 AM

Where can I find actual bootstrap file?
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:22:19 AM

It's in the OP under "Useful Links" at the bottom of the OP
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:33:25 PM

Im still hoping to recover all the bitbay I have stuck in my hard drive somewhere, after updating the wallet I was unable to load the keys. Hopefully sometime soon one of you guys can walk me through this if it ever takes off ( hope it does )

Did anyone help you?
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:52:09 AM

Im still hoping to recover all the bitbay I have stuck in my hard drive somewhere, after updating the wallet I was unable to load the keys. Hopefully sometime soon one of you guys can walk me through this if it ever takes off ( hope it does )

Well if you have the wallet backed up you can just run a new install... its pretty standard. Which wallet are you referring to? The Markets wallet or the QT wallet?
QT wallet, I was in touch with somebody over skype that was supposed to walk me through it but they dissapeared.

I had the same exact problem when my hard drive crashed, had 6 wallets and only BitBay QT wallet failed to work and I lost all my Bay $. They tell me it is my fault and that I am too stupid to keep my passwords, funny how I got 5 other wallets to work fine. I got no help for this issue. Just consider it a loss, nothing you can do, wallet is glitched.

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:56:25 AM

Well if you have the wallet backed up you can just run a new install... its pretty standard. Which wallet are you referring to? The Markets wallet or the QT wallet?
QT wallet, I was in touch with somebody over skype that was supposed to walk me through it but they dissapeared.

I had the same exact problem when my hard drive crashed, had 6 wallets and only BitBay QT wallet failed to work and I lost all my Bay $. They tell me it is my fault and that I am too stupid to keep my passwords, funny how I got 5 other wallets to work fine. I got no help for this issue. Just consider it a loss, nothing you can do, wallet is glitched.

The Qt wallet is open source, you can go ahead and check it yourself. Your wallet.dat is only a collection of public keys. Its doesnt make sense to say you lost your Bay. Just go on block explorer, if you Bay is still there then its still there. If you have the old wallet, use your backup and everything will return to normal.

Also, i didnt make the Qt wallet, its just a standard Qt wallet.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:59:15 AM

For the people who said they had an issue with the Qt wallet, contact me on via skype or pm me here and i can walk you through it. If need be we can go on teamviewer and i will take a look at it.
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:50:40 AM

Hello,

I just wanted to add that I have reformatted PC 3 or 4 times since I have used the Bitbay QT wallet and I have had 0 issues transferring my old wallet dat to the Bitbay directory after a fresh install.

Thanks
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:20:38 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to add that I have reformatted PC 3 or 4 times since I have used the Bitbay QT wallet and I have had 0 issues transferring my old wallet dat to the Bitbay directory after a fresh install.

Thanks

Yeah thats the point, its impossible to lose your coins. Because the wallet is just a collection of private keys. The only way to lose coins is either accidentally destroy it, lose it or forget your password. You dont need the "qt wallet" to empty wallet.dat, you can just extract the keys and spend them manually.
Bitcat

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:02:50 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to say I really like the BitBay concept and appreciate the work that's gone into it by the devs and the support of the community. I can tell that there is a lot going on with it and I wish the project every success.

However, I just have one or two issues that are proving a bit challenging at the moment, so any help with the following would be greatly appreciated:

1. My Halo client v.1.2 on my Vista PC (32 bit) is not syncing, it appears to be stuck at 85%. I've installed what I think might be the latest version on my Windows 7 (64 bit) laptop (v.1.21) and it's reached 100%. So, I backed up my private keys from the vista machine and I've been failing hopelessly at importing these keys into the client on the laptop?

2. Is there some definitive instructions anywhere for doing this?

3. Also, it would be helpful if there was a link posted here in the forum for the latest client download as when you visit the website, the download appears to be the v.1.2 and not the v1.21, which I can't seem to find anywhere now?

4. I've also installed the QT Wallet onto my laptop and it's finally synced up. So, I was wondering whether it is possible to import the private keys from my Halo client into the QT Wallet? I've tried using the [importprivkey] command in the debug console, but with no success? I get a code 5 error message? I presume you enter the command and then the private key, but I'm not sure what label etc to use, or whether or not I need to add the public key as well?

Anyway, right now it's a bit frustrating because I don't have access to my Bitbay coin balance, as the client with the balance in it is the one that is stuck at 85% and the client on my laptop refuses to acknowledge or recognise the backed up private keys. Maybe that's because the PC one isn't up to date?

Like I said I'm very supportive of the BitBay project and want to help where I can. So, any help with the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Smiley

Munti

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:30:28 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to say I really like the BitBay concept and appreciate the work that's gone into it by the devs and the support of the community. I can tell that there is a lot going on with it and I wish the project every success.

However, I just have one or two issues that are proving a bit challenging at the moment, so any help with the following would be greatly appreciated:

1. My Halo client v.1.2 on my Vista PC (32 bit) is not syncing, it appears to be stuck at 85%. I've installed what I think might be the latest version on my Windows 7 (64 bit) laptop (v.1.21) and it's reached 100%. So, I backed up my private keys from the vista machine and I've been failing hopelessly at importing these keys into the client on the laptop?

3. Also, it would be helpful if there was a link posted here in the forum for the latest client download as when you visit the website, the download appears to be the v.1.2 and not the v1.21, which I can't seem to find anywhere now?

4. I've also installed the QT Wallet onto my laptop and it's finally synced up. So, I was wondering whether it is possible to import the private keys from my Halo client into the QT Wallet? I've tried using the [importprivkey] command in the debug console, but with no success? I get a code 5 error message? I presume you enter the command and then the private key, but I'm not sure what label etc to use, or whether or not I need to add the public key as well?

Anyway, right now it's a bit frustrating because I don't have access to my Bitbay coin balance, as the client with the balance in it is the one that is stuck at 85% and the client on my laptop refuses to acknowledge or recognise the backed up private keys. Maybe that's because the PC one isn't up to date?

Like I said I'm very supportive of the BitBay project and want to help where I can. So, any help with the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Smiley

I'll leave your questions for David, but here is a link www.davtonia.com/blackhalo/bitbayupdate.exe
There's been a little confusion about version number because some of the updates only were ment for core team for testing originally. That link is the latest and should take your v1.2 up to v1.21

Edit: That is an update only, not a full download
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 02:02:19 AM

Hi,

Thanks
Smiley

Okay so if the sync is stuck, probably just restart the client and wait. If you continue to have the problem maybe some other software has interfered with it or its been a long time since you last connected. If that issue persists please send me your debug.log in the bitbaydata folder.

The thing about your keys, the Halo markets client uses two keys (not wallet.dat) so are you sure you are importing the correct file? When you set up the client I'm hoping you used the wizard since its instructive, you were asked to make two .private files. Those two files are your account (its multisignature). When opening a wallet, you should open both files. If the computer is new, and it shows a balance of zero and its fully synchronized and those two keys were manually loaded, there is a button on the bottom that says: "rescan" press that.

There is a documentation that came with the client.

I'm interested to know when you downloaded the 1.2 version. 1.2.1 runs as an update, the client (should)  automatically ask to update when you run it. But if it doesn't the update can be retrieved here: www.davtonia.com/blackhalo/bitbayupdate.exe ... thats the link to the updater... it should patch the client.

And lastly, you cannot import keys from Halo to QT and you certainly would not want to even if you could. Halo uses TWO keys, not wallet.dat its those two .private key files (and did you store those in jpegs? because then they are hidden inside jpegs). If you somehow were able to import the multisignature address manually by importing the public keys as "watch only" which im fairly sure you didn't do, that can cause your QT wallet to get corrupted IF it receives staked coins to it(this actually happened to me back in the day when i kept mixing wallets and sharing the same data directory... i had to create a special program just to extract the coins). Because then you won't be able to spend from the QT wallet since the wallet will try to spend from the multisig and not have the private keys that correspond from it. (QT only knows how to use single keys, either paytopubkey or standard addresses)
Bitcat

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 05:00:20 PM

Awesome!
The rescan worked on the new install!
Thanks very much for your help dzimbeck and Munti!
 Wink
Happy New Year!
Onwards and upwards!
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:51:33 PM

BitHalo and BitBay article u might be interested to read.
David is the best coder after Satoshi.
BitBay coming fast!!!
https://news.bitcoin.com/4-platforms-believe-future-decentralized/
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:07:46 AM

Awesome!
The rescan worked on the new install!
Thanks very much for your help dzimbeck and Munti!
 Wink
Happy New Year!
Onwards and upwards!

Thats great to hear! This is going to be a good year for BitBay and crypto
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:08:19 AM

BitBay coming fast!!!

Thanks for the post! This is the second time in a month we have been mentioned! Great news.
Crilloz

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:35:08 PM

BitBay coming fast!!!

Thanks for the post! This is the second time in a month we have been mentioned! Great news.

I dont get excited very often but Bitbay really gives me a good feeling. Im impressed by the amount of good work you have done with this coin David.
Keep it up and we will see a good future. =)
Munti

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:30:00 PM

While we are waiting for Davids next update, there is something many of you could help with (those of you that are on win and thus are able to run the client)

The client is translated to almost 100 languages, but the translation is often a little flawed.
We could use some help with that.
In settings there is a translation editor. Please use that to fix translation errors. Your input is saved in translation.dat
Send that file to David, and he can include your corrections in the next release

Thanks
DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:55:41 AM

Hey.

I've been thinking about DDE. Often people sell things because they need the money. Suppose I came up short on cash to pay the rent. I have a pretty nice guitar that I decide to sell on the Bitbay Market. I want $1500 for my guitar. Someone likes my guitar and agrees to buy it for $1500. With DDE I have to deposit $1500 in escrow to make the transaction, correct? My problem is if I had $1500 to deposit, I'd probably use it to pay the rent and keep my guitar.

Is this a bad use case or am I missing something here?
Munti

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:33:35 AM

Hey.

I've been thinking about DDE. Often people sell things because they need the money. Suppose I came up short on cash to pay the rent. I have a pretty nice guitar that I decide to sell on the Bitbay Market. I want $1500 for my guitar. Someone likes my guitar and agrees to buy it for $1500. With DDE I have to deposit $1500 in escrow to make the transaction, correct? My problem is if I had $1500 to deposit, I'd probably use it to pay the rent and keep my guitar.

Do you have the client installed? If so, try to use the sell coins template. On the first page it says "use recommended deposits and settings" You can change that to custom settings. If you do you get the option to define your DDE yourself both for you and the buyer. So if you want it to be zero, it's (almost) zero. There is a minimum of 5500 Bay for deposit.
So you can sell with (almost) no DDE. And if your buyer knows and trusts you, that might be fine. The real question is if a stranger would buy your guitar if it's listed amongst other guitars that offer DDE. I think not.
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:08:18 AM

Hey.

Do you have the client installed? If so, try to use the sell coins template. On the first page it says "use recommended deposits and settings" You can change that to custom settings. If you do you get the option to define your DDE yourself both for you and the buyer. So if you want it to be zero, it's (almost) zero. There is a minimum of 5500 Bay for deposit.
So you can sell with (almost) no DDE. And if your buyer knows and trusts you, that might be fine. The real question is if a stranger would buy your guitar if it's listed amongst other guitars that offer DDE. I think not.

That makes sense. So as a seller if I have a good rep i can sell products with low DDE or zero?  Glad you cleared that

Blockchain technology
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: