Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
HasherMe

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:16:07 PM

Just a bump for the latest update from David, found on page 112.
1000 coin faucet is still live on the marketplace.

If you are new to Bitbay, please follow these instructions to download the Client:
      First, download and install the core version 1.2 which can be found in our official websites:
         http://bitbay.market/downloads/
         bitbaymarket.net
         The OP on BCT https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.0
      Second, download the update file and install it - this will automatically update the  core download to the latest version 1.21  Link:
      www.davtonia.com/blackhalo/bitbayupdate.exe

New users must be reminded that the Client will need to ‘sync’ to the entire blockchain. This can currently take anywhere from 5-10 hours. For the sake of security, you must wait for the blockchain to syncronize 100% before the Client will allow you to begin to transact.For a faster sync you can download a bootstrap (link in OP) that you can use to import the blockchain. Future template updates will not require re-syncing. Only Core Client updates will require re-syncing. We will consider faster options for coming releases.

To Install the Bootstrap:
               Download and install the Client as described above.
               Download the bootstrap.dat file from the OP link.
               Unzip the bootstrap.dat file to C:Bitbay\bitbaydata
               Start your client and it should sync about twice as fast.

Is the market code closed source?  How do I use the market on Linux?
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:47:52 PM

Yes, currently closed source. David will open source it eventually. He will currently allow for obfuscated source review. Feel free to PM him.

Beta client is currently Windows build only. Mac and Linux will be included after all templates are released.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:58:53 PM

Yes, currently closed source. David will open source it eventually. He will currently allow for obfuscated source review. Feel free to PM him.

Beta client is currently Windows build only. Mac and Linux will be included after all templates are released.

There is mac and linux builds but they are out of date. I will update them sooner than that actually. Most likely in about a month or two.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

Dear fellow bitbayers

We have let David out of his coding cave so he could get some fresh air and take care of a few personal things. So there has not been much coding the last two weeks. The good news is we will lock him up again during the coming week, so coding will continue.

First thing on the coding agenda is to fix "the fee issue". This is a problem that occurs with large transactions if the warning to increase the fee is ignored. No biggie, so will not take much of his time. After that he will continue with buy/sell anything templates.
      We have done a lot of testing the last weeks, and so far we haven't found any major problems. Thank you David for doing such a solid job.

While we wait for more templates there is other things that need to be done. Top of the list is marketing. Our site bitbay.market has been up and running for some weeks now, and we have fixed a few details with the forum section. OP has had it's major overhaul, and now we have added some diagrams to it as well. There is still one in the making. We expect it to be done soon. Core team is working on a few marketing strategies, and we expect to implement the first one within two weeks.

We have now reached a point where we could use more help from the community. We are of course aware that most here are investors, but helping out a little is the best way to protect your investment.

This is what we really would like some help with now:

• Testing. Different people find different ways to (ab)use software. More people testing gives us a better chance to find flaws. You also might come up with good ideas to improve the things that are working as well.
      • Marketing. We need help with writing articles about Bay, and also help getting them out there on blogs, news sites, etc. don't worry about grammar and spelling. We can proofread and correct any errors.
      • Translating OP. OP is translated to russian (thank you Bitbayrus) but we would like to see it translated to more languages..
      • Filling forum with guides. The forum on bitbay.market will become our help desk. We would like to see more guides there.
      • Say something encouraging here on BCT. Doesn't sound like much maybe, but it's very motivating for us to get a little feedback. Besides coingecko uses community as one of it's ranking criteria, and they can't see the activity on slack.

[/list][/list]
      Bounties will be negotiated through our smart contract system.
      If you don't think you can help with any of the above, you can still help out by contributing to our marketing fund: B6HtsEuEQfzJTsf751xFj11DpuFjzQfgiS

Most of our marketing strategies will be discussed in Slack. Please feel free to join up by emailing info@bitbay.market or sending me a pm with your email address.
      Good things are coming our way  Wink
      3r197

View Profile
      September 30, 2015, 10:12:37 AM

Glencore fiasco yet another reason to start investing in crytpo-currencies like Bitbay!
      toknormal
      Legendary

Activity: 3066
      Merit: 1188

View Profile
      September 30, 2015, 10:35:30 PM

Say something encouraging here on BCT.

Well, I'm still here and interested in this project.

That may or may not be encouraging for you but it's encouraging for me that the project's still going and with such an apparently bright outlook.

What also may be encouraging is that I read today about a Chinese company that was investing in Bitcoin 2.0 projects. They weren't just investing in one but several. To me what this means is that there will be room in the new economy for a lot of diversity which is optimistic for projects like this.

Very much looking forward to what comes out of this !
      toknormal
      Legendary

Activity: 3066
      Merit: 1188

View Profile
      September 30, 2015, 10:36:07 PM

Glencore fiasco yet another reason to start investing in crytpo-currencies like Bitbay!

What's happening with Glencore ? Have they got too much debt ?
      healthhealer4

Activity: 100
      Merit: 10

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 12:20:03 AM
      Last edit: October 01, 2015, 05:13:38 PM by healthhealer4

Meditate on this guys.  Grin

dzimbeck
      Legendary

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 12:27:34 AM

Say something encouraging here on BCT.

Well, I'm still here and interested in this project.

That may or may not be encouraging for you but it's encouraging for me that the project's still going and with such an apparently bright outlook.

What also may be encouraging is that I read today about a Chinese company that was investing in Bitcoin 2.0 projects. They weren't just investing in one but several. To me what this means is that there will be room in the new economy for a lot of diversity which is optimistic for projects like this.

Very much looking forward to what comes out of this !

Someone should send them our way, this is still the only wallet in the world with decentralized markets and smart contracts built it. And thanks yeah im still working on it, last week has been slow since im moving and doing repairs on my place.
      dzimbeck
      Legendary

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 12:28:28 AM

Meditate on this guys.  Grin

Hahaha one day, once everything is complete that will be the true test of the rolling peg. Its not a sprint, its a marathon. Smiley
      3r197

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 10:07:22 AM

They have a huge investment in the mining industry, and are linked to trillions of dollars of derivative trades globally (mainly commodities).

If the firm implodes it would be a financial disaster unlike anything that we have seen in Europe since the end of World War II.
      They are too big to bail out!

Here's the latest on their status.
      http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/30/traders-start-pricing-glencore-bonds-like-junk.html

3r197

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 10:11:33 AM

Thanks for the post Healthhealer!

Lol, that would be the day!
      3r197

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 11:06:41 AM

Wanting to buy some more Bay, but I can't figure out what Bitcoin is going to do. Sometimes it follows golds major price swings and sometimes it inverse.

Gold ready to rally
      https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XAUUSD/SvrtuPjb-Gold-So-Harmoinc-Update-2/

and

Bitcoin bulls losing ground (1 day chart)
      https://www.tradingview.com/x/oQae7XwA/

So the gamble is whether BTC follows Gold especially with news of glencore?

Worth keeping an eye on BTC for the next few days

healthhealer4

Activity: 100
      Merit: 10

View Profile
      October 01, 2015, 05:18:57 PM

Thanks for the post Healthhealer!

Lol, that would be the day!

Sure , we will work on it to be the day.
      drizzle2405
      Legendary

Activity: 1148
      Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
      October 04, 2015, 02:28:19 AM

They have a huge investment in the mining industry, and are linked to trillions of dollars of derivative trades globally (mainly commodities).

If the firm implodes it would be a financial disaster unlike anything that we have seen in Europe since the end of World War II.
      They are too big to bail out!

Here's the latest on their status.
      http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/30/traders-start-pricing-glencore-bonds-like-junk.html

Glencore used to be one of my biggest customer's at my last job.  Dealt with them a lot in regard to aluminum.  Yes they are huge, but I do not believe the financial impact will be as great as some of the articles state out there.  They are tied into commodities and not directly to the financial industry.  These commodities companies utilize the commodities as collateral for more loans when the material is not sold.  They go BK, banks take the material back and lose some money, but the world goes on.  Eventually, another commodity giant will come along and pick up the pieces of them if they were to go BK, which might happen.  My first guess on who picks up the pieces would be Rio Tinto...

Honestly don't have an opinion on how this may or may not effect world commodities prices.  I'm sure at first there would be some turmoil, but that would clear up faster than a financial crisis.

b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
      October 05, 2015, 09:57:21 PM

How many BitBay are there and how many will there be in existence???  Huh I can't find the answer anywhere...

I like to speculate
      dzimbeck
      Legendary

View Profile
      October 05, 2015, 10:19:49 PM

How many BitBay are there and how many will there be in existence???  Huh I can't find the answer anywhere...

1 billion so far, 1% interest per year. So next year 10 million more coins.

When we do pegging, we may change the interest rate.
      b1007

View Profile
      October 06, 2015, 08:17:16 AM
      Last edit: June 10, 2019, 11:36:39 PM by b1007

How many BitBay are there and how many will there be in existence???  Huh I can't find the answer anywhere...

Thanks for clearing that up, will buy sum BitBay

I like to speculate
      dzimbeck
      Legendary

View Profile
      October 06, 2015, 08:57:48 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, will buy sum BitBay but not too many since somehow you got involved with Bob in the beginning and he is one of the most scammy and scummiest liars in crypto-land. It's good that you have distanced yourself from him, but I am saying to myself, why got involved with Bob in the first place? On the other hand this project has the appearance of a good long term investment revenue, you seem to know what you are doing, so I will buy some BitBay after all. Keep up the hard work, progress and dedication.  Wink  Smiley

Thanks, im working and have been for 2 years. However, if you dont trust me by now then perhaps you should not invest. Bob lied to me and so did the 3 other people involved all of whom are gone and did nothing to contribute. If you have gone your entire life and never been lied to then pat yourself on the back because you are one in a billion.

imagine someone also lied about you, tried to shift the guilt off themselves and paid people to cyberbully you... if you ever go through something like that, then you would think otherwise.

I'm known outside of crypto, in multiple different fields, it would be nonsense for me to do anything that isnt honorable and consistent with my other professions.

Besides, markets were delivered, a few templates delivered(more to come), fully new UI, all core features greatly improved. And all without other developer help(another promise by the two chinese partners, bter said they had "devs"). Otherwise, a supportive community remains and thanks to them it helps motivate me code.

Last two weeks have been very slow, im moving and had to do repairs on my home and cars... so very little time to code. However, I'm pretty much done and will be getting back to it in a few days.
      b1007

View Profile
      October 06, 2015, 10:11:06 AM
      Last edit: June 10, 2019, 11:35:52 PM by b1007

Thanks for clearing that up, will buy sum BitBay but not too many since somehow you got involved with Bob in the beginning and he is one of the most scammy and scummiest liars in crypto-land. It's good that you have distanced yourself from him, but I am saying to myself, why got involved with Bob in the first place? On the other hand this project has the appearance of a good long term investment revenue, you seem to know what you are doing, so I will buy some BitBay after all. Keep up the hard work, progress and dedication.  Wink  Smiley

Thanks, im working and have been for 2 years. However, if you dont trust me by now then perhaps you should not invest. Bob lied to me and so did the 3 other people involved all of whom are gone and did nothing to contribute. If you have gone your entire life and never been lied to then pat yourself on the back because you are one in a billion.

imagine someone also lied about you, tried to shift the guilt off themselves and paid people to cyberbully you... if you ever go through something like that, then you would think otherwise.

I'm known outside of crypto, in multiple different fields, it would be nonsense for me to do anything that isnt honorable and consistent with my other professions.

Besides, markets were delivered, a few templates delivered(more to come), fully new UI, all core features greatly improved. And all without other developer help(another promise by the two chinese partners, bter said they had "devs"). Otherwise, a supportive community remains and thanks to them it helps motivate me code.

Last two weeks have been very slow, im moving and had to do repairs on my home and cars... so very little time to code. However, I'm pretty much done and will be getting back to it in a few days.
      I hope this project becomes a success.

I like to speculate
      Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 389 »
        Print  

Jump to: