Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:59:37 PM

David is about to post the first template to beta test on slack. We will test all template pages on slack before we release the public beta (with these templates). Then marketing will go on full throttle. After that the goal is to code the client to stake which will eventually make the qt wallet obsolete. And then coding for the peg will commence.

Excellent... thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:13:15 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 07:50:28 PM by 3r197

hey can i ever get my 4btc i was scammed out of back from the origins of this coin? kthnxbye!

I'm pretty sure the majority of BCT regulars know about  the ICO fiasco with Bitbay. There are actually quite a few ICO investors on slack.

Some view the scandal as a shame and some see it as an opportunity to buy more cheap.

If you are looking to get your 4BTC back, why not PM boobsurplus and his pet cryptogekkko. I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige.

Meanwhile, David is not a quitter and will not allow for their thievery to tarnish his name even though they pinned the scandal on him. He was willing to release the rights of "halo" technology for the coin - thats it! That's all he was there for in the ICO! He wasn't the lead dev! Yet now that they stole the funds and abandoned the coin - here we are!

If you didn't sell your 4BTC worth of ICO bitbays, then you aren't out at all yet. Just have a little patience on what's to come here very soon!

edit: and now David, is the lead dev for the coin since the riff raff is out! Granting him rights to interlink his Halo technology into a coin system so as to allow him to control protocol build - for once! This is a diamond in the rough!

Bitcoinman777

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

I encounter a problem.

Everytime i try to sent coins I get this error.
I tried
with coin control, without coin control
small amounts, big amounts
several addresses..

But getting the same error time after time?

Donation address: 154
3r197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:54:13 PM

I encounter a problem.

I tried
several addresses..

Please state what operating system first as we have many changes in progress due to various future updates.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:56:27 PM

I encounter a problem.

I tried
several addresses..

Please let me know the error. If this is from the qt wallet, you may have an input in the wallet that is not correct. Try running the qt wallet with the rescan option. If you sent a transaction with the old qt but it never confirmed then again the wallet itself may not know the inputs. If that is the case copy/backup your wallet.dat and reinstall the qt wallet and resynchronize with the new qt wallet. Also make sure you have no addresses in your wallet with a lowercase "b". If you  do let me know.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

I have half a bitcoin to spend, is BitBay a good investment at this point in time? Somebody please explain, also if you could mention the progress this project has made so far I'd really appreciate it.  Wink
That's  just lazy dude! Read the last 2 pages on the thread! 😙
3r197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:20:29 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 10:35:47 PM by 3r197

I have half a bitcoin to spend, is BitBay a good investment at this point in time? Somebody please explain, also if you could mention the progress this project has made so far I'd really appreciate it.  Wink

Even if you were just short term bullish, I'd say you'd be very happy at this current price in the upcoming months. There is no other truly decentralized marketplace out there at this stage in development that promises peg technology. Just image this price and imagine the peg at at least 1 cent. That's a good investment. The best part is knowing that after the peg is initiated... others can't just dump all their coins. You will have a reserve to liquid ratio or frozen to unfrozen accounts. So your investment is protected!  Yet your reserve or frozen coins will still be tradeable in a 'futures market'! Meaning that if you need some cash quick, you could sell your liquid coins and still sell your reserve coins yet those coins won't flood the market and therefore can't directly affect the current liquid value! This is just the beginning Smiley

3r197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:54:25 PM

Even if you were just short term bullish, I'd say you'd be very happy at this current price in the upcoming months. There is no other truly decentralized marketplace out there at this stage in development that promises peg technology. Just image this price and imagine the peg at at least 1 cent. That's a good investment. The best part is knowing that after the peg is initiated... others can't just dump all their coins. You will have a reserve to liquid ratio or frozen to unfrozen accounts. So your investment is protected!  Yet your reserve or frozen coins will still be tradeable in a 'futures market'! Meaning that if you need some cash quick, you could sell your liquid coins and still sell your reserve coins yet those coins won't flood the market and therefore can't directly affect the current liquid value! This is just the beginning Smiley

Hmm okay that sounds handy, however in order to make BitBay big it's important that the average consumer crypto noob can easily understand the advantages of the BitBay platform. So in short, BitBay has a mechanism aimed at counteracting fluctuations in value? What are the advantages of BitBay over for example E-Bay? Smiley

The upcoming UI templates will be so easy to understand that even you could teach your grandmother how to navigate through it. And as for Ebay... that's the beauty behind the whole concept! Ebay charges around 10% in fees's, add that to paypals's 3% fees to transfer money through ebay. It's hard to make any profit with those costs. The whole goal behind the decentralized marketplace is to create trustless transactions that are virtually free of charge.
Take your markets back!!
3r197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:05:07 PM

Hmm okay that sounds handy, however in order to make BitBay big it's important that the average consumer crypto noob can easily understand the advantages of the BitBay platform. So in short, BitBay has a mechanism aimed at counteracting fluctuations in value? What are the advantages of BitBay over for example E-Bay? Smiley

The upcoming UI templates will be so easy to understand that even you could teach your grandmother how to navigate through it. And as for Ebay... that's the beauty behind the whole concept! Ebay charges around 10% in fees's, add that to paypals's 3% fees to transfer money through ebay. It's hard to make any profit with those costs. The whole goal behind the decentralized marketplace is to create trustless transactions that are virtually free of charge.
Take your markets back!!

That is indeed a huge advantage, but it's absolutely necessary that it's very userfriendly for non-crypto noobs. I wonder though, if you buy something on BitBay, you gotta pay for sending right? Do you pay in BitBay coin and then the transport provider gets their money in Fiat how? Thru a converter program I suppose?

David's got the template for that. You ought to ask to join our slack group. Again, we are about to begin beta testing his templates one by one on slack before we release the entire public beta update that includes all templates!
3r197

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:06:23 PM

If you wish to join

Please send an E-mail to info@bitbay.market

Then you'll get an invite!
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:45:07 AM

If you wish to join

Please send an E-mail to info@bitbay.market

Then you'll get an invite!

thanks!

Ahh just sent you a pm and then saw this. Okay well any questions you have we can answer on slack.
Bitcoinman777

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:53:23 PM

I encounter a problem.

I tried
several addresses..

Please let me know the error. If this is from the qt wallet, you may have an input in the wallet that is not correct. Try running the qt wallet with the rescan option. If you sent a transaction with the old qt but it never confirmed then again the wallet itself may not know the inputs. If that is the case copy/backup your wallet.dat and reinstall the qt wallet and resynchronize with the new qt wallet. Also make sure you have no addresses in your wallet with a lowercase "b". If you  do let me know.

People please don't panic. The problem seems to be local. I got 3 addresses. and there is no problem sending with 2 of them. However when I used the 3rd address, the error occurs.

Sending with specific inputs seems to work now.

Donation address: 154
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:58:44 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 08:57:09 PM by Kevinrasf

Fellow bitbayers!

This week we got another round of nice updates!

-   David is still improving upon the many new UI templates. These templates will be released one by one exclusively to the bitbay slack community to beta test.
    Once all templates are tested, we will market a public beta update for the bitbay client with all the new features!

-   P2P reputation system for the marketplace!

-   UTF-16 keyboard conversion - or in other words, support for foreign language contracts!

-   Our new website is almost ready for release, we are testing for bugs and preparing our forum

-   One of our member on slack is in alpha stage with his crypto-coin exchange and has begun the process of utilizing Halo’s multi-sig technology for BitBay!
    This will be the first of its kind! We will utilize this exchange as a beta for implementing Bitbay’s peg technology system so other exchanges can follow
    suit once the peg is at final release to minimize any potential bugs!
    https://sweedx.com

-   Anoxy, the creator of Sweedx.com is open for any and all suggestions during this alpha and beta process!

- Thanks to, J-bar, a member on Slack, for finding a simple solution to allow for both the qt wallet and the client to run at the same time!
  Meaning you can stake in your qt wallet, while you are experimenting with the client beta program!

To allow for both wallets to be open at the same time, please follow these steps:
     1 - As always, make a backup of your wallet!
     2 - Find your bitbay qt executable file in your computer. Right click on it & create a shortcut icon.
     3 - Right click on the shortcut icon and click on 'Properties'.
     4 - In this menu click on the 'Shortcut' tab and then add    "-port=8334"   at the end of the script in the 'Target' field
         So for example your new Target script should show something similar to  "C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\bitbay-qt.exe" -port=8334
     5 - Congratulations! Now you can load up the qt wallet through this shortcut icon and also have your client running as well!

-   Many people are joining us on Slack. It is the right place to stay tuned to any news and of course to meet people with the same interests!

-   You can send an E-mail to info@bitbay.market for an invite!

Thanks for reading, we wish you a nice weekend!

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
jm1978

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:27:26 AM

Fellow bitbayers!

This week we got another round of nice updates!

-   David is still improving upon the many new UI templates. These templates will be released one by one exclusively to the bitbay slack community to beta test.
    Once all templates are tested, we will market a public beta update for the bitbay client with all the new features!

-   P2P reputation system for the marketplace!

-   UTF-16 keyboard conversion - or in other words, support for foreign language contracts!

-   Our new website is almost ready for release, we are testing for bugs and preparing our forum

-   One of our member on slack is in alpha stage with his crypto-coin exchange and has begun the process of utilizing Halo’s multi-sig technology for BitBay!
    This will be the first of its kind! We will utilize this exchange as a beta for implementing Bitbay’s peg technology system so other exchanges can follow
    suit once the peg is at final release to minimize any potential bugs!
    https://sweedx.com

-   Anoxy, the creator of Sweedx.com is open for any and all suggestions during this alpha and beta process!

- Thanks to, J-bar, a member on Slack, for finding a simple solution to allow for both the qt wallet and the client to run at the same time!
  Meaning you can stake in your qt wallet, while you are experimenting with the client beta program!

To allow for both wallets to be open at the same time, please follow these steps:
     1 - As always, make a backup of your wallet!
     2 - Find your bitbay qt executable file in your computer. Right click on it & create a shortcut icon.
     3 - Right click on the shortcut icon and click on 'Properties'.
     4 - In this menu click on the 'Shortcut' tab and then add    "-port=8334"   at the end of the script in the 'Target' field
         So for example your new Target script should show something similar to  "C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\bitbay-qt.exe" -port=8334
     5 - Congratulations! Now you can load up the qt wallet through this shortcut icon and also have your client running as well!

-   Many people are joining us on Slack. It is the right place to stay tuned to any news and of course to meet people with the same interests!

-   You can send an E-mail to info@bitbay.market for an invite!

Thanks for reading, we wish you a nice weekend!

This is a very very nice list of updates!  Grin Thanks!!!!
ShiftyTripster

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:17:06 AM

Way to go!!!!  Grin
Coinmin

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:40:51 AM

Will my old blockchain work with the new QT wallet from OP or I must do resync?
healthhealer4

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:00:22 AM

Will my old blockchain work with the new QT wallet from OP or I must do resync?

Your wallet.dat file will work with the current qt wallet . Just download the new qt waller on bitbaymarket.net and you should have wallet.dat which you will move to the your file  path location that was created from the new qt wallet. If you need help finding that location just let the cummunity know and someone will help you.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:27:13 AM

Any chance of cryptsy adding BAY?

buyasicru

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:24:28 PM

Any chance of cryptsy adding BAY?
Its on vote at cryptsy right now...
I hope to see BAY on btc38.com
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 08:12:38 PM

just added BAY to my portfolio
normally i only gather nice staking coins
main focus on DMD Diamond

but for BAY i make a exception because i have a good feelings and trust in david to deliver

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: