Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:37:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:20:21 AM

yes can we put this on the OP

"Poloniex Coin Request"

"Your coin request has been recorded and will be reviewed by Poloniex staff. Thank you. Please only submit this form once per user per coin."

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Only takes a minute, no reason not to fill out a request people...

also all the information they need to put in....

then they can just put their own geniune reasons for bay being worthy of listing of which there are many
request sended Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warbird023

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:03:27 PM

Hello

My bitbay Client didnt Sync Anymore.
The following nodes are in bitbay.conf

addnode=104.236.208.150
addnode=188.166.39.223
addnode=128.199.118.67
addnode=104.255.33.162
addnode=194.135.84.161
addnode=23.227.190.163

is that o.k or did i need other nodes?

ciao
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:30:46 AM

0 active connection

how can online my wallet

reply pls

Try using my peers.dat file since there are more nodes already connected to it. The main nodes have changed since launch.

Here is the file, replace the one you have in the data directory

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9j2kjw
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:32:04 AM

Hello

My bitbay Client didnt Sync Anymore.
The following nodes are in bitbay.conf

addnode=104.236.208.150
addnode=188.166.39.223
addnode=128.199.118.67
addnode=104.255.33.162
addnode=194.135.84.161
addnode=23.227.190.163

is that o.k or did i need other nodes?

ciao

The old nodes have changed one service we used is no longer around, the rest were from the old ico.

So please try using my peers.dat file.

Here is the file, replace the one you have in the data directory

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9j2kjw
steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:18:22 AM

The BitBay blockchain has been updated on CryptoChainer.com

Download that, and your wallet will be in sync very quickly!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:01:44 PM

Any xmas surprises coming for bay? or mostly going to be rolling out 2017 now? was there mention of some novel privacy technique ?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:41:16 PM

Any xmas surprises coming for bay? or mostly going to be rolling out 2017 now? was there mention of some novel privacy technique ?
There is a privacy technique for broadcast forwarding. I'm not sure if adding it is a distraction. The next update should be done by then. I wanted to have more done by now however a lot of it will be Q1 2017.

We will have a big update before Xmas
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:13:27 PM

There is a privacy technique for broadcast forwarding. I'm not sure if adding it is a distraction. The next update should be done by then. I wanted to have more done by now however a lot of it will be Q1 2017.

Privacy features are not important yet imo while the value of a token is still so low. If/when people start transferring $1k worth of coins regularly it becomes a valuable thing to have.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:45:28 AM

Privacy features are not important yet imo while the value of a token is still so low. If/when people start transferring $1k worth of coins regularly it becomes a valuable thing to have.

Okay thanks that what I was thinking too and plus anonymous broadcasting is a great idea but when contracting it can delay transactions because they need to be forwarded.

So the next update will have voting/staking support, advanced payment options, settings and Tor and other options.

However we won't be able to stake until we fork to POS 3.0
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 02:17:56 PM

From a practical and functional standpoint this may be true. However I never underestimate the fads on this board for marketing purposes and hype trains. This project is function strong and marketing weak. Anon is still a fad many are obsessed by.
Then again perhaps now is still the time to wait on the marketing side who can say. Many on this board have not heard of bitbay and are still pouring their btc into icos with little or nothing to offer over other projects that exist but they are unaware of.

However great to hear by xmas we will have some new features to discuss on the main board and by quarter 1 of 2017 we shall have a product hopefully people can no longer afford to ignore.

Still wish we had pulled a crypti lisk /btcd/komodo ico2 since i think bay had more to offer than that project did and now has millions of dev fund to work with that would have been great for bay.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 02:23:01 PM

Okay thanks that what I was thinking too and plus anonymous broadcasting is a great idea but when contracting it can delay transactions because they need to be forwarded.

So the next update will have voting/staking support, advanced payment options, settings and Tor and other options.

However we won't be able to stake until we fork to POS 3.0

Thanks for the update David.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 02:39:43 PM

From a practical and functional standpoint this may be true. However I never underestimate the fads on this board for marketing purposes and hype trains. This project is function strong and marketing weak. Anon is still a fad many are obsessed by.
Then again perhaps now is still the time to wait on the marketing side who can say. Many on this board have not heard of bitbay and are still pouring their btc into icos with little or nothing to offer over other projects that exist but they are unaware of.

However great to hear by xmas we will have some new features to discuss on the main board and by quarter 1 of 2017 we shall have a product hopefully people can no longer afford to ignore.

Still wish we had pulled a crypti lisk /btcd/komodo ico2 since i think bay had more to offer than that project did and now has millions of dev fund to work with that would have been great for bay.

This particular fad is already passing by, IMO. Peeps already looking for the next fad bandwagon, whatever that may be.
For fear of stating the obvious, and at the end of the crypto day, its all about broad based usage. Real usage. This seems to be easily dismissed in crypto, with loads of distracting over-clever code, that goes over the head of the very people you need, to call a project successful. The next coin project that dedicates to this focus, will have a good chance of making it big. Make it BAY.  
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 04:45:12 PM

This particular fad is already passing by, IMO. Peeps already looking for the next fad bandwagon, whatever that may be.
For fear of stating the obvious, and at the end of the crypto day, its all about broad based usage. Real usage. This seems to be easily dismissed in crypto, with loads of distracting over-clever code, that goes over the head of the very people you need, to call a project successful. The next coin project that dedicates to this focus, will have a good chance of making it big. Make it BAY.  

People have said the anon fad is blowing over since inception of xcoin/dark we're still here with dash xmr and a few others surviving of nothing more than that. The anon aspect is still going strong. I say ride out every fad so long as it does not interfere with the core project. There is nothing wrong with riding hype waves with all the other projects that offer far less. Bay will eventually take the lead above most other projects on this board but it has been a long hard slog with no real funding. Most devs would have fled by now taking their new ideas to another project.

I see btcd/komodo or crypti/lisk as the road we could have gone. I would have liked to see what a few fancy graphics with all the features bay has or nearly has implemented could have attracted in developement funds. Plus I feel with enough resources david can produce above and beyond what 99% of devs can here. The path we have gone is longer and harder but may well be more rewarding in the end for those that stayed the course. Let's hope so. Q1 of 2017 isn't a mile away so it would have been nice to have some hype and attention on the project for when it shows its full potential.

I wonder how many superior products lose out to inferior ones due only to marketing and spin.... I bet it would be a huge %

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:14:50 PM

People have said the anon fad is blowing over since inception of xcoin/dark we're still here with dash xmr and a few others surviving of nothing more than that. The anon aspect is still going strong. I say ride out every fad so long as it does not interfere with the core project. There is nothing wrong with riding hype waves with all the other projects that offer far less. Bay will eventually take the lead above most other projects on this board but it has been a long hard slog with no real funding. Most devs would have fled by now taking their new ideas to another project.

I see btcd/komodo or crypti/lisk as the road we could have gone. I would have liked to see what a few fancy graphics with all the features bay has or nearly has implemented could have attracted in developement funds. Plus I feel with enough resources david can produce above and beyond what 99% of devs can here. The path we have gone is longer and harder but may well be more rewarding in the end for those that stayed the course. Let's hope so. Q1 of 2017 isn't a mile away so it would have been nice to have some hype and attention on the project for when it shows its full potential.

I wonder how many superior products lose out to inferior ones due only to marketing and spin.... I bet it would be a huge %

Yeah, it comes down to user adoption imo. That is what we should focus on and the new features must be designed accordingly. I made some suggestions in my post earlier.

I have been into Bay for long as I like to be into coins with superior tech. Also, agree that Eth is crap. There are many coins with superior tech that aren't doing as well as they should but I think you may be focusing too much on bashing other coins such as Eth. I see the same being done by Vcash dev. That doesn't help your coin.

What you are lacking is partnerships, marketing people and investors. Good tech alone won't help you go too far as we have seen with many coins before. The big shitcoin devs have people going into various conferences around the world and talking to people, forging partnerships and making deals. You are not doing any of that. That is why Bitbay isn't going much higher. Maybe you can't afford to go to conferences, but you can enter into partnerships.

Partnerships - Are there any authority people out there who would appreciate high end decentralized tech? You should do a video chat with them. Build the word slowly with the people who like this stuff. If they like it, they will talk about it in front of their audiences. These are the people looking for interesting content to share or they simply talk about you out of pure passion. You may consider doing interviews with anarchic talk shows, for example.

Marketing led by people - start a referral program where people can get paid in a decentralized way to promote various aspects of Bitbay such as getting new vendors and buyers. Website owners can then put up ads, tutorials, coupons of listings on the bitbay network and get paid in a decentralized way.

Private group of investors - they aren't in for the passion alone. They want to make a profit. Consider the siafund method. A second chain or maybe a token (bayfunds) built on top of another chain which gets X% of the bitbay network fees as taxes. Your investors can own the bayfunds. Now they have an incentive to promote bitbay and increase bitbay network activity.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:17:03 PM

I agree that the anon fad isn't over. However with ZCoin and ZCash I'm not sure we can complete unless we use Zero knowledge. Anonymous broadcasting is better than almost all anon except for the top ones (SDC, Monero, Nav, Zcoin, Zcash)

Anon broadcast has very few flaws. People can only exploit Bitmessage in that example.

However it takes time to do POW in Bitmessage and then you have to wait and see if your transaction gets in the chain. From an engineering standpoint, it may not be worth it to sidetrack when we already have so many great features.

I say let's get the important templates done get the API done and of course finish pegging. Then we see what doors open.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:51:23 AM

I agree that the anon fad isn't over. However with ZCoin and ZCash I'm not sure we can complete unless we use Zero knowledge. Anonymous broadcasting is better than almost all anon except for the top ones (SDC, Monero, Nav, Zcoin, Zcash)

Anon broadcast has very few flaws. People can only exploit Bitmessage in that example.

However it takes time to do POW in Bitmessage and then you have to wait and see if your transaction gets in the chain. From an engineering standpoint, it may not be worth it to sidetrack when we already have so many great features.

I say let's get the important templates done get the API done and of course finish pegging. Then we see what doors open.

Absolutely agree David, lets stay the course and get these features done as planned. Not every coin has to specialize in being anonymous, there are many other features that are desirable. In fact, the anon functionality, in my opinion, is a niche and not necessary for success and wide spread adoption.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:50:31 AM

Yes that is true, although even privacy enough to keep the average joe from seeing what his pals are buying is probably all that is required.

Is nav really a good design? imagine soopy could have been a good developer had he taken this more seriously. Im pretty sure he invented navs version of anon. I thought that was a simple design but if you rate it then i may have underestimated it.

cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 11:05:56 AM

Thanks Steve.
I was getting worried you had abandoned your website.

Guys, this is 3r197, I tried to change my password from a different location (on vacation) this caused my account to get locked.
Trying to get the admin to respond here is like pulling teeth.

I'll get someone on slack to vouche for me that this is legit.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:21:05 PM

Yes that is true, although even privacy enough to keep the average joe from seeing what his pals are buying is probably all that is required.

Is nav really a good design? imagine soopy could have been a good developer had he taken this more seriously. Im pretty sure he invented navs version of anon. I thought that was a simple design but if you rate it then i may have underestimated it.

I've heard Nav was a good design. But I've not independently verified it. The idea of parallel chains was interesting. My favorite ANON coin concept is obviously ZCash. However, SDC and Monero with ring signatures are a good second. And NAV is sort of 3rd. I think anonymous broadcast is better than most anon protocols but it isn't better if an exploit is found in Bitmessage so it all depends on how people audit that.

ZCash is on another level because its zero knowledge proof. You can't know who moves what, only you can know your own balance. However ZCash is memory intensive and ZCoin claims not to be.

In the end, anonymous broadcast is a low-tech and extremely simple system. I have no idea how someone would know who owns what account since your IP address is just thrown in the big pool of addresses and nobody in specific broadcasts. You would have to spoof a lot of nodes to break it.

But like I've said, no reason to derail development. Lets just stay course and people will see very soon the power of Bitbay.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:15:37 PM

Thanks Steve.
I was getting worried you had abandoned your website.

Guys, this is 3r197, I tried to change my password from a different location (on vacation) this caused my account to get locked.
Trying to get the admin to respond here is like pulling teeth.

I'll get someone on slack to vouche for me that this is legit.

Good luck! I did the same thing about six months ago and lost my HERO account (RJF) because of it. Had to create a new one and start from scratch. Tried ever possible way to get them to respond but never heard anything so, now I'm stuck with the new account. Really sucks...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: