Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:04:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:38:38 AM

BitBay blockchain, updated as of 4/22/16, is available on CryptoChainer.com

Heck I wasn't even paying attention. So it's no longer a bootstrap but the blockchain!
Wow! I synced up in about 2 minutes with a new data folder. Thanks for the service.

Is there anyway the file could be authenticated by a hash or something? This really could take away a lot of the leg work with the developers keeping bootstraps up to date like on our OP or when we add the bootstrap file to bitbay.market

Granted there should always be multiple options, but heck if we just had a way to verify authenticity for new users just as a fail safe for their protection, there would be no reason why we shouldn't link any setup guides  for faster sync times with cryptochainer included as well? Wouldn't that do the trick?

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 01:39:14 AM

Just an update for cross platform builds:

Finally got Mac 32 bit working... it was a long day. Mac 32 was a hassle since so many things arent supported for whatever license issues or who knows.

Linux 32 and 64 bit builds now work, everything should work on many platforms (we have tested wheezy debian ubuntu and jessie)

So for now I've only got one more to finish we should still have the by the 30th although packaging them is a little bit of work.
This build will not come with the new template however it has tons of fixes and most importantly opens our user base.

The coding of the template should come with much more ease after that.

It also looks like multisignature staking will require a fork to POS 3.0

I'm trying to understand block signing a bit better, but it seems like we will just fork eventually. Since Cold Staking requires an extra output to 6a with the
block sign key (unless I'm not doing it correctly or there is an error in the source)... in that case I would need another way to sign the block or just wait or fix it which might be a distraction.
Too bad since staking generates more coins in POS 2.0

For now, I can test this in BlackHalo however since I hold less coins there live testing is a lot slower (an hour to find a block)
Will do those live tests today or tomorrow and finish the Mac 64 bit build.

Lastly I need to make myself building scripts so I'm not making 15 different builds (BitHalo BlackHalo BitBay for all 5 platforms 3 times for each build!)
I've already got a windows script which I made last month for faster building. However, running at least 4 VMs these other ones take longer.

So we are on schedule! Give or take a couple days. And after this template work will be easier since there will be less distractions unless we encounter new bugs with Linux/Mac distros(hopefully its all good).
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:59:55 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 12:15:40 PM by cryptohunter

Just an update for cross platform builds:

Finally got Mac 32 bit working... it was a long day. Mac 32 was a hassle since so many things arent supported for whatever license issues or who knows.

Linux 32 and 64 bit builds now work, everything should work on many platforms (we have tested wheezy debian ubuntu and jessie)

So for now I've only got one more to finish we should still have the by the 30th although packaging them is a little bit of work.
This build will not come with the new template however it has tons of fixes and most importantly opens our user base.

The coding of the template should come with much more ease after that.

It also looks like multisignature staking will require a fork to POS 3.0

I'm trying to understand block signing a bit better, but it seems like we will just fork eventually. Since Cold Staking requires an extra output to 6a with the
block sign key (unless I'm not doing it correctly or there is an error in the source)... in that case I would need another way to sign the block or just wait or fix it which might be a distraction.
Too bad since staking generates more coins in POS 2.0

For now, I can test this in BlackHalo however since I hold less coins there live testing is a lot slower (an hour to find a block)
Will do those live tests today or tomorrow and finish the Mac 64 bit build.

Lastly I need to make myself building scripts so I'm not making 15 different builds (BitHalo BlackHalo BitBay for all 5 platforms 3 times for each build!)
I've already got a windows script which I made last month for faster building. However, running at least 4 VMs these other ones take longer.

So we are on schedule! Give or take a couple days. And after this template work will be easier since there will be less distractions unless we encounter new bugs with Linux/Mac distros(hopefully its all good).

Great work. I think most would freak out if they knew how much work goes into things like this.
Can rat4 not help with this block signing issue?
Would it be better to go pos3 before release and we get a lot of new users or does this not matter?
I see syscoin tries to claim first decentralised market place? that coin is a copycat of bitbay really.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:17:33 PM

BitBay blockchain, updated as of 4/22/16, is available on CryptoChainer.com

Excellent. This is ideal.
Eventually would be great to have the latest blockchain auto connected to bitbay wallet for new people.

btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:21:13 PM

yeee linux builds!
nice (and a lot of) work!  Wink
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:21:18 AM

HI, there are other good news for the future? Cheesy

I do not understand why BAY and RBR is so undervalued?!
Sys coin is not better than BAY or RBR and is pumped..
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:43:09 AM

You are not alone, none of us understand either. It has been the best software in crypto for years.

Your guess is as good as ours.
Romanknickl

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:57:33 AM

I think many people be ignorant of BAY at the moment
The whole community should promote BAY!
BAY is on of the underrated coins i have ever seen... Shocked
We should change this.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:19:59 AM

Syscoin is fundamentally different than Bay in that it is blockchain based and not strictly p2p maybe the market values that more currently?

BTW David nice writeup on reddit about ob.. that's why I let buyer pick the arbiter because of mutual consent. Auto assigning arbiters is a big no no.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:36:29 AM

Syscoin is fundamentally different than Bay in that it is blockchain based and not strictly p2p maybe the market values that more currently?

BTW David nice writeup on reddit about ob.. that's why I let buyer pick the arbiter because of mutual consent. Auto assigning arbiters is a big no no.

Yeah its funny that a few people got upset about it. Considering when BitSqaure responded he didn't actually explain why the Arbiters deposits were safe from theft. It wasn't really even described in his paper.
Then he said the deposit went to the 2 of 3 and later he said it went to some super-arbiter or something. In any case, thats not safe for arbiters.

I do agree choosing arbiters is better than random selection. Its still possible for a person to fake identities. And arbiters dont really have a way of telling who is lying but consumers but still its better than
random selection
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:16:31 AM

Yeah its funny that a few people got upset about it. Considering when BitSqaure responded he didn't actually explain why the Arbiters deposits were safe from theft. It wasn't really even described in his paper.
Then he said the deposit went to the 2 of 3 and later he said it went to some super-arbiter or something. In any case, thats not safe for arbiters.

I do agree choosing arbiters is better than random selection. Its still possible for a person to fake identities. And arbiters dont really have a way of telling who is lying but consumers but still its better than
random selection
Yea there is a small chance but seller has last say he doesn't have to ship if the arbiter seems spotty or has a bad record a weird record or.no record at all. I do believe dde is way to go long term but we already been thru that.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:22:21 AM

I invested in this during the Ico long ago and I never sold anything. Good to see the dev is still working hard and that the community is lively and growing. Good!
 Wink
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 11:41:41 AM

We should change this.

unfortunately many people only know about Bitbay because of the ICO scam so when you say Bitbay thats all they think.

A few positive news articles would be great for Bays PR

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:21:57 PM

We should change this.

unfortunately many people only know about Bitbay because of the ICO scam so when you say Bitbay thats all they think.

This should make no difference. This is not one of those scams where the scammers still have involvement and are set to gain from here on. This the type of scam where the people left are the scammed. Therefore there is no need to treat them as a pariah coin.

It is simply that people do not know about bitbay or do not understand the advantages and features bitbay offers.

When the new templates are out and we run some campaigns to get people to use the marketplace , then we will start to see a growing number of people becoming involved.

Speed seems to be the main issue, but there is only so much one developer can do.

As a community we should get together and form a foundation so that we can discuss marketing and other things that can be done to assist bitbay.

Before marketing we just need to make sure everything is spot on with the market place. I think we need to get on to POS3 , get all the bugs ironed out that we can. Get the blockchain thing set up so people wishing to use can sync up in a few mins. Have all the instrucitonal vids and everything  in place so total noobs can come , see how to use it, and start using it with minimum effort and stress.

The main problems btc is facing right now are problems bitbay should seek to avoid. We need to have a way of voting on things and a way to ensure that bitbay can scale up to huge adoption if required. We don't want to be held back by huge blockchains and slow tx per sec.

Romanknickl

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:09:39 PM

I suggest, we should add BAY on "Wikipedia"
It is good for the trust, and the google rankings will be better, it is a free advertisement Wink
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:05:08 PM

just got news about bitbay ,someone has shared in my forum

http://cointelegraph.com/news/bitbay-brings-ethereum-to-poland?ref=6301
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:56:33 PM

just got news about bitbay ,someone has shared in my forum

http://cointelegraph.com/news/bitbay-brings-ethereum-to-poland?ref=6301

Different Bitbay  , thats some exchange

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:04:43 AM

I suggest, we should add BAY on "Wikipedia"
It is good for the trust, and the google rankings will be better, it is a free advertisement Wink

Can anyone add to wikipedia? If so thats a pretty good idea.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:09:35 AM

We should change this.

This should make no difference. This is not one of those scams where the scammers still have involvement and are set to gain from here on. This the type of scam where the people left are the scammed. Therefore there is no need to treat them as a pariah coin.

It is simply that people do not know about bitbay or do not understand the advantages and features bitbay offers.

When the new templates are out and we run some campaigns to get people to use the marketplace , then we will start to see a growing number of people becoming involved.

Speed seems to be the main issue, but there is only so much one developer can do.

As a community we should get together and form a foundation so that we can discuss marketing and other things that can be done to assist bitbay.

Before marketing we just need to make sure everything is spot on with the market place. I think we need to get on to POS3 , get all the bugs ironed out that we can. Get the blockchain thing set up so people wishing to use can sync up in a few mins. Have all the instrucitonal vids and everything  in place so total noobs can come , see how to use it, and start using it with minimum effort and stress.

The main problems btc is facing right now are problems bitbay should seek to avoid. We need to have a way of voting on things and a way to ensure that bitbay can scale up to huge adoption if required. We don't want to be held back by huge blockchains and slow tx per sec.

Everything you said here is true. Also the distribution in an ICO is always going to be better than some ninja premine. Some of the top coins are only high cause dev premined 100%... I guess that is similar to "pegging" haha. Honestly, why would anyone care about the people who started the project when they are long gone. We have all the tools we need to be successful and everyone loves a good come back story. And you know we are almost back to ICO price which is very nice.

If course we are lacking marking and education. Also fast sync is a weekly topic on slack.. I know how bad they want that. I've got to wait until the prime features are done first before entertaining the idea of using online block explorers. So they are interested in packaging bootstrap but that still takes a little bit to get synced up.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:27:09 PM

Has BAY ever considered a name change?? Personally i love the name but all that shit that went down is still the first thing that comes to mind, atleast for crypto people who were around then. Prob 2 much trouble?? I agree that that it shouldnt matter but still worried that maybe it does!?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: