Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:07:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ptcgroup10009

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:42:02 PM

Then they audit the DAO, find a serious bug, and instead of TESTING the race to zero attack, they say "it's no big deal" and then allow the bug to happen. If that isn't an "inside job" then I don't know what is. They sold their coins pick them up for half and then dump again.

plus they who took a year to come out with their client by the next day of the DAO hack they had a soft fork and a hard fork ready for their loyal community to steal more money from them in the future .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:21:04 PM

Then they audit the DAO, find a serious bug, and instead of TESTING the race to zero attack, they say "it's no big deal" and then allow the bug to happen. If that isn't an "inside job" then I don't know what is. They sold their coins pick them up for half and then dump again.

plus they who took a year to come out with their client by the next day of the DAO hack they had a soft fork and a hard fork ready for their loyal community to steal more money from them in the future .

Right and that makes you wonder if one of their guys was the hacker. Statiscially that's the most probable outcome. But still one does not need to look far into ETH to see avarice. The question remains of which members of their team are honest. I'm sure they have good coders but at the end of the day the fork totally harms the public. Now when someone comes in to buy and they hardly know Bitcoin they will ask "Wait should I buy ETH or ETC?".
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:57:47 PM

The thing about Bay is that we need to hop on these fads and ride them. Right now it's anonymous tech. It looks like any anon coin is rising. Even real poor examples.

I think the issue is most people never hear about bay and there are 1000's of ann threads now. 80% of these coins will die out but by then 10x more will spring up only to die pretty soon after.

All we are lacking is attention really.

I think a 2nd big ICO with road map would have really brought in some new interest.

The bay market place is an amazing creation but we need to get people on it and using it somehow.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:03:20 PM

The thing about Bay is that we need to hop on these fads and ride them. Right now it's anonymous tech. It looks like any anon coin is rising. Even real poor examples.

I think the issue is most people never hear about bay and there are 1000's of ann threads now. 80% of these coins will die out but by then 10x more will spring up only to die pretty soon after.

I think a 2nd big ICO with road map would have really brought in some new interest.

The bay market place is an amazing creation but we need to get people on it and using it somehow.

Well a 2nd ICO would get attention but it dilutes your holdings so that's not fair. Also, it's funny because some of the most random things pump. There isn't anything in crypto even close to BitBay. Most coins don't even have 1/20th the feature here.

So in reality it's totally ridiculous that this hasn't gone up significantly. I suppose it's a matter of visually showing people what this software can do. Screenshots, videos etc. Articles as well help and I'm looking into that.

The problem with too many articles is giving away trade secrets if pegging so there is a way to write about rolling pegs that won't give away too much? I dunno...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:30:24 AM

Well a 2nd ICO would get attention but it dilutes your holdings so that's not fair. Also, it's funny because some of the most random things pump. There isn't anything in crypto even close to BitBay. Most coins don't even have 1/20th the feature here.

So in reality it's totally ridiculous that this hasn't gone up significantly. I suppose it's a matter of visually showing people what this software can do. Screenshots, videos etc. Articles as well help and I'm looking into that.

The problem with too many articles is giving away trade secrets if pegging so there is a way to write about rolling pegs that won't give away too much? I dunno...

I certainly agree we should not give away any trade secrets...

More discussion of bay on the main board would and has helped in the past.

If bittrex or polo went down and bay could be used as easily as an automated decentralised exchange could be very interesting.

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:12:21 PM

What BAY lacks is the whales and pumpers most new coins have. I would say it is not something it really needs either, if all goes as planned the currency should grow through the development.
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:04:20 PM

What BAY lacks is the whales and pumpers most new coins have. I would say it is not something it really needs either, if all goes as planned the currency should grow through the development.

BAY lacks marketing, there are completely useless coins out there that are much more known by public and traders.
bitbay is a usable product with working and valid features and people should learn about it to start using it

i don't know if there are any funds left for marketing, but after templates i would suggest to hire a small marketing team and give the right attention to the project before the peg
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:11:51 PM

I have been into Bay for long as I like to be into coins with superior tech. Also, agree that Eth is crap. There are many coins with superior tech that aren't doing as well as they should but I think you may be focusing too much on bashing other coins such as Eth. I see the same being done by Vcash dev. That doesn't help your coin.

What you are lacking is partnerships, marketing people and investors. Good tech alone won't help you go too far as we have seen with many coins before. The big shitcoin devs have people going into various conferences around the world and talking to people, forging partnerships and making deals. You are not doing any of that. That is why Bitbay isn't going much higher. Maybe you can't afford to go to conferences, but you can enter into partnerships.

Partnerships - Are there any authority people out there who would appreciate high end decentralized tech? You should do a video chat with them. Build the word slowly with the people who like this stuff. If they like it, they will talk about it in front of their audiences. These are the people looking for interesting content to share or they simply talk about you out of pure passion. You may consider doing interviews with anarchic talk shows, for example.

Marketing led by people - start a referral program where people can get paid in a decentralized way to promote various aspects of Bitbay such as getting new vendors and buyers. Website owners can then put up ads, tutorials, coupons of listings on the bitbay network and get paid in a decentralized way.

Private group of investors - they aren't in for the passion alone. They want to make a profit. Consider the siafund method. A second chain or maybe a token (bayfunds) built on top of another chain which gets X% of the bitbay network fees as taxes. Your investors can own the bayfunds. Now they have an incentive to promote bitbay and increase bitbay network activity.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:10:40 PM

I have been into Bay for long as I like to be into coins with superior tech. Also, agree that Eth is crap. There are many coins with superior tech that aren't doing as well as they should but I think you may be focusing too much on bashing other coins such as Eth. I see the same being done by Vcash dev. That doesn't help your coin.

What you are lacking is partnerships, marketing people and investors. Good tech alone won't help you go too far as we have seen with many coins before. The big shitcoin devs have people going into various conferences around the world and talking to people, forging partnerships and making deals. You are not doing any of that. That is why Bitbay isn't going much higher. Maybe you can't afford to go to conferences, but you can enter into partnerships.

Partnerships - Are there any authority people out there who would appreciate high end decentralized tech? You should do a video chat with them. Build the word slowly with the people who like this stuff. If they like it, they will talk about it in front of their audiences. These are the people looking for interesting content to share or they simply talk about you out of pure passion. You may consider doing interviews with anarchic talk shows, for example.

Marketing led by people - start a referral program where people can get paid in a decentralized way to promote various aspects of Bitbay such as getting new vendors and buyers. Website owners can then put up ads, tutorials, coupons of listings on the bitbay network and get paid in a decentralized way.

Private group of investors - they aren't in for the passion alone. They want to make a profit. Consider the siafund method. A second chain or maybe a token (bayfunds) built on top of another chain which gets X% of the bitbay network fees as taxes. Your investors can own the bayfunds. Now they have an incentive to promote bitbay and increase bitbay network activity.

very very interesting points and ideas.

I think once the new templates are out and we make the market place as easy as possible to use then we should make our move in all of those areas.

I wonder if when the market place is up and going if we can get some kind of coupon thing going like ribbit rewards or coval.  I know this is partially covered by what was already mentioned above.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:43:50 PM

Thanks, this is actually really good advice. I used to go to conferences and promote but git burned out because it distracted from coding. But I think it needs to be done more. Booths are expensive about 1-3k. I've got some people interested in partnerships but they just want the tech for a joint project. There is no way I can start new projects until this is done. But outreach to others I'm almost certain I can find an interview on anarchast or something similar. I had an interview on "pirate radio" which was at least a solid hour of talking. It was well received.

From a marketing angle, this question has been mentioned multiple times. We are going to hire a PR place to do articles. These will be Bitbay exclusive. The whole cost is a few Bitcoins and we will get a press release in at least 20 publications, I think it might be even more. Will check.

The question remains how much should we talk about rolling pegs. When we want to keep it confidential but also need a bigger community.
Yazanarki

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:19:15 PM

Why don't  you get in touch with Ronnie at CCDEK (obits, btsr). and become part of their ICCO monthly venture. They have their own ad company and blockpay and bitland just used them.  You deal with coding and they will deal with promotion.  I don't get any benefit from this other than I invest on Openledger and I also happen to own a small amount of Bitbay on BTER.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:19:55 AM

Why don't  you get in touch with Ronnie at CCDEK (obits, btsr). and become part of their ICCO monthly venture. They have their own ad company and blockpay and bitland just used them.  You deal with coding and they will deal with promotion.  I don't get any benefit from this other than I invest on Openledger and I also happen to own a small amount of Bitbay on BTER.
Okay, thanks for the advice.

Also anyone who has trouble connecting to sync, I have a peers.dat file with lots of nodes in it, just let me know (i noticed some seed nodes were down)
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:00:29 PM

Thanks, this is actually really good advice. I used to go to conferences and promote but git burned out because it distracted from coding. But I think it needs to be done more. Booths are expensive about 1-3k. I've got some people interested in partnerships but they just want the tech for a joint project. There is no way I can start new projects until this is done. But outreach to others I'm almost certain I can find an interview on anarchast or something similar. I had an interview on "pirate radio" which was at least a solid hour of talking. It was well received.

From a marketing angle, this question has been mentioned multiple times. We are going to hire a PR place to do articles. These will be Bitbay exclusive. The whole cost is a few Bitcoins and we will get a press release in at least 20 publications, I think it might be even more. Will check.

The question remains how much should we talk about rolling pegs. When we want to keep it confidential but also need a bigger community.

Let's not talk about it too much we have so many other amazing features. Let's save talking about the rolling peg until it's complete.

Just spark up some bay chats on the main forum. I'm always mentioning it where it is not spamming and is relevant to conversations taking place there.

I see sys are on the main forum talking about their new pruning feature. Which is great but still no chance sys is nearly 10x bay value. It's crazy.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:42:19 PM

Our seednodes are down for some reason. If you have trouble connecting add the following in your conf file:
addnode=159.203.184.167
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

Yeah it's crazy. Okay well so I will mention pegging but not go into much detail.
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:05:32 AM

i have a question / possible use case of bitbay:

let's say i made a service, some kind of application and i'm looking for testers, i really need some feedback and i'm willing to give a little compensation for a feedback.

i've seen on the bitbay market there is a faucet contract where i can just request the amount without any other action by my side, i would like to setup a similar contract where i give away X amount of bay only if i get a feedback (in form of text message) to anyone who test my application.
is that possible with bitbay smart contracts? or i should use eth? i hope question is clear
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:40:28 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 08:51:42 PM by 3r197

i have a question / possible use case of bitbay:

let's say i made a service, some kind of application and i'm looking for testers, i really need some feedback and i'm willing to give a little compensation for a feedback.

i've seen on the bitbay market there is a faucet contract where i can just request the amount without any other action by my side, i would like to setup a similar contract where i give away X amount of bay only if i get a feedback (in form of text message) to anyone who test my application.
is that possible with bitbay smart contracts? or i should use eth? i hope question is clear

I don't see any reason why you can't do that now. If you create a faucet type contract like mine, it's up to you to release the funding to the counterparty. A faucet type contract has to be a guarantor type contract (other types require that the counterparty deposit Bay for escrow), so the creator of the contract takes all the risk - granted we are talking about a  minimal faucet style contract. But the point I'm trying to make is that the best way for you to deal with counterparties (so they don't cheat you on your app testing) would be to wait to accept their bid for the contract after you get the text message confirmation from them. That way you don't lock any coins in contract prematurely if they tried to scam you for your coins. If you were already in contract with them you'd still be able to bomb the contract (not send any coins to them) if they scammed you, but you'd be the one who loses your coins in escrow - hope that makes sense.

So the best way to protect yourself would be to wait until you receive text confirmation before you accept their bid for your contract and enter escrow.

All of that is already included in the client, so no need to even worry about creating a programmable smart contract for it - granted with a custom programmed contract I'm sure you could add more "bells and whistles" to it, but that option won't be released for a couple more months.

Hope this helps.  Wink

3r197

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 09:01:03 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 08:25:04 PM by 3r197

Your counterparty also has the option to send a message to you through the accept bid template.
So if you request a phone# in your contract in order to keep track of incoming text messages from people testing your app, then they have a way to do so (securely with bitmessage encryption).
That way you'd know what contract bids to accept and enter escrow with to complete transaction.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:00:34 PM

Hi guys, just a heads up to your marketing team. There's an exchange company named Bitbay that's very well positioned in google search results. You probably already know this but it may be something to consider at this early stage.

We know, but thank you for telling us. It actually started a long discussion about a possible name change when we first learned about it.
3r197

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:04:15 PM

Hi guys, just a heads up to your marketing team. There's an exchange company named Bitbay that's very well positioned in google search results. You probably already know this but it may be something to consider at this early stage.

We know, but thank you for telling us. It actually started a long discussion about a possible name change when we first learned about it.

It's all good. I think after the peg we ought to have a major increase in interest with the coin.
When that happens I'm sure we should be able to gather up some funding for a lucrative marketing campaign - hopefully advertising across multiple outlets which will create a positive domino effect.
POW coins can't achieve this because they have to keep mining coins at a premium price all the while other miners gain interest and begin diluting the new found block rewards which then forces an increase in difficulty which is a whole different 'domino effect' for any sort of marketing campaign that relies on mining to support it's endeavors.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: