Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bitrev

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:49:09 PM

The voting at Cryptsy so far Smiley

Please keep them votes coming at https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Wow
GCR   Global Coin Reserve 32810

We got a long way to go.

However volume and price are going in the right direction, so we can't complain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:14:40 PM

The voting at Cryptsy so far Smiley

Please keep them votes coming at https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Wow
GCR   Global Coin Reserve 32810

We got a long way to go.

However volume and price are going in the right direction, so we can't complain.

Don't forget that there are multiple factors that cryptsy takes into consideration. For instance, I don't see a single coin on their fiat pairing exchange that is on a pegged system. Once Bitbay is pegged, it will be a great hedging tool as BTC/fiat and their forex exchange volume grows. Hope they see a future with Bitbay!
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:13:06 AM

Hi anybody willing to give me a hand figuring out how to loan my private keys from my old wallet onto the new client , will be a payment for who can help me sort this out. PM me please

If its the regular qt wallet then its the same as any wallet. But if you are referring to the markets/smart contracting wallet then you would have to send the coins to the new one. The markets/halo wallet uses multisig for every account (2 keys) and thus doesnt use wallet.dat. However, just use the old qt to send coins to your BitBay address.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:17:47 AM

Havent checked the thread(s) alot, waited to let the whole bob thing blow down a bit lol.
But i see now that you haven't been lying still,... on the contrary. Bitbay.net looks really cool and i just Downloaded BitBay PC Client. The install wizard guided me through the whole 1st setup. Explained smartcontracts, account protection etc etc... brilliant.
Synchronizing now... Im very exited to take a look at this when im 100% synched.
Great stuff

Very similar i went away for awhile but i am back now also, what a difference a month or 2 makes David has clearly come to make an impact and chew bubble gum and he's all out of bubble gum  Wink

Mine not long synced awesome stuff and won't be long before this gets out to the eyes that needs to which will put this project where it should have been before..

Big well done David and community who have not budged!

lol... best movie ever.

Roddy Piper is crazy, and wants everyone to try on his new sunglasses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqKFadyJxwg

and also by the way...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9q70zCJYBc
M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:42:50 AM

Havent checked the thread(s) alot, waited to let the whole bob thing blow down a bit lol.
But i see now that you haven't been lying still,... on the contrary. Bitbay.net looks really cool and i just Downloaded BitBay PC Client. The install wizard guided me through the whole 1st setup. Explained smartcontracts, account protection etc etc... brilliant.
Synchronizing now... Im very exited to take a look at this when im 100% synched.
Great stuff

Very similar i went away for awhile but i am back now also, what a difference a month or 2 makes David has clearly come to make an impact and chew bubble gum and he's all out of bubble gum  Wink

Mine not long synced awesome stuff and won't be long before this gets out to the eyes that needs to which will put this project where it should have been before..

lol... best movie ever.

and also by the way...

Thanks for that i laughed as much as i did the first time i watched it, that is a hardcore fight lol all to put on the glasses!

I tell ya i now have to watch it all again because i just watched that scene  Grin

Then i watched the other, I'm back baby  Cheesy Grin

Bitbay has just gone Roddy Piper luckily i held onto every coin because i knew that you would come threw and i can't wait to start buying things from the market, ebay and paypal fee's have been driving me this could not have happened at a better time.

I believe there are a lot of people who will be here when they hear about it.

Glad to have you back David!  

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:18:07 AM

Great stuff

Very similar i went away for awhile but i am back now also, what a difference a month or 2 makes David has clearly come to make an impact and chew bubble gum and he's all out of bubble gum  Wink

lol... best movie ever.

and also by the way...

Thanks for that i laughed as much as i did the first time i watched it, that is a hardcore fight lol all to put on the glasses!

I tell ya i now have to watch it all again because i just watched that scene  Grin

Then i watched the other, I'm back baby  Cheesy Grin

Bitbay has just gone Roddy Piper luckily i held onto every coin because i knew that you would come threw and i can't wait to start buying things from the market, ebay and paypal fee's have been driving me this could not have happened at a better time.

I believe there are a lot of people who will be here when they hear about it.

Glad to have you back David!  

)
Thanks, yeah its funny you mention fees(somebody was just telling me the same thing) because this may be one of our best angles to market this thing. After all, no servers, no arbiters no fees and no theft! That has to mean something to some businesses.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:38:33 AM

Thanks, yeah its funny you mention fees(somebody was just telling me the same thing) because this may be one of our best angles to market this thing. After all, no servers, no arbiters no fees and no theft! That has to mean something to some businesses.

Hopefully some really big businesses - and on top of that, it would be awesome to see the day UPS or FEDEX decided to accept the coin for shipments. With bay pegged it's not like they would have the urge to just exchange it immediately into fiat due to fear of price fluctuations. Heck if they see the potential hedging effect this coin has over fiat, they might love the idea and give discounted rates for the sake of knowing longterm stability and mining rewards (stake) without all that fancy hardware  Grin
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:55:10 AM

Congrats on the price picking up, I think it may be time to have my business associates take another look into bitbay for running markets. We will do some more research and take a look into the numbers (regarding the IPO fiasco). Be in touch!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:40:37 PM

Hmm I noticed there are 3 orders on the market. Is this what everyone else sees? Someone should take one of them. I might take the Star Trek card... Cheesy

I still need to make it so people can contact each other while in escrow. Also need to finish up those templates to make it so people can fill in all the extra info such as shipping etc.
jfglassworks

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:18:44 PM

Hmm I noticed there are 3 orders on the market. Is this what everyone else sees? Someone should take one of them. I might take the Star Trek card... Cheesy

I still need to make it so people can contact each other while in escrow. Also need to finish up those templates to make it so people can fill in all the extra info such as shipping etc.

David, the card is my first listing and I think everything is pretty straight forward at this point, but the finished templates will be nice.  (it is 1 of 3 items I see in market)

I am really looking forward to a large scale adoption of BitBay as the ebay fees are complete crap. I've sold 2 things this month on ebay for a total of $300, but ebay is taking 10% for their fees, then paypal took their cut of 3-4%. I really feel this is the future marketplace to replace the corporate model that is all we've seen to this point.

mt55

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:30:01 PM

Looking good so far.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:51:31 PM

David, the card is my first listing and I think everything is pretty straight forward at this point, but the finished templates will be nice.  (it is 1 of 3 items I see in market)

I am really looking forward to a large scale adoption of BitBay as the ebay fees are complete crap. I've sold 2 things this month on ebay for a total of $300, but ebay is taking 10% for their fees, then paypal took their cut of 3-4%. I really feel this is the future marketplace to replace the corporate model that is all we've seen to this point.

Ahh I see well i can take that order to test it out with you. Just make sure the client is running since its purely p2p. I noticed one of the orders on the market had its pastebin expire so most users will not be able to see the webcam anymore. I added a fix for that however i should consider giving a way to make the
pastebin images last longer than a week. Since im using a site for that, i dont want to spam them either.

Also, i noticed the order for the SD card is bitmessage only. This is fine although if someone accepts they will still need a way to contact you. I would recommend that until we have the templates finished, put some basic contact info in your description. Smiley
jfglassworks

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:33:26 PM

Ahh I see well i can take that order to test it out with you. Just make sure the client is running since its purely p2p. I noticed one of the orders on the market had its pastebin expire so most users will not be able to see the webcam anymore. I added a fix for that however i should consider giving a way to make the
pastebin images last longer than a week. Since im using a site for that, i dont want to spam them either.

Also, i noticed the order for the SD card is bitmessage only. This is fine although if someone accepts they will still need a way to contact you. I would recommend that until we have the templates finished, put some basic contact info in your description. Smiley

That would be great as I am curious to see the full contract process.

It's nice that the client doesn't kill memory so it's easy to keep it open all the time and still use the computer.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

It's nice that the client doesn't kill memory so it's easy to keep it open all the time and still use the computer.

That all depends on how much you use bitmessage. The POW can take a lot of time on a slow computer. But I have other techniques to use other than POW such as time locks per kb. Also i still want to improve the speed of the program. Not sure when i will have time though. Anyways, i will take your contract and pm you with a mailing address. Once you get a tracking number just pm me back.
healthhealer4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:18:07 PM

That is the SD card i put up, first time i post anything so i need to get accustomed to this for future use. can i still add a email? i try to add my gmail in the client but it doesn't go through authentication.  
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:23:14 PM

That is the SD card i put up, first time i post anything so i need to get accustomed to this for future use. can i still add a email? i try to add my gmail in the client but it doesn't go through authentication.  

You can add email but that wont change the order, people still need to use Bitmessage to contact you on that one. At least anyone here on Bitcointalk knows that its you now. Of course there is also IRC, yeah just for now we need to put the contact info in the description. If you want to test this with me i can accept it. Is your client running? Bitmessage takes a little longer to complete(POW).
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:24:32 PM

Im sending you a PM, it already funded.
ShiftyTripster

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:29:14 PM

just fyi you have to go into settings and allow less secure apps for gmail to auth. Although you should get an email saying an app tried access you gmail. 
healthhealer4

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:06:15 AM

You can add email but that wont change the order, people still need to use Bitmessage to contact you on that one. At least anyone here on Bitcointalk knows that its you now. Of course there is also IRC, yeah just for now we need to put the contact info in the description. If you want to test this with me i can accept it. Is your client running? Bitmessage takes a little longer to complete(POW).

Yes my client is on. Can I cancle this contract then add the email in another contract ? When someone send me a bit message would it go to the bit bay client or do I need to have the bit message client separate? If you want to complete this trade with me that would be cool ,too see how good this system works
healthhealer4

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:08:14 AM

just fyi you have to go into settings and allow less secure apps for gmail to auth. Although you should get an email saying an app tried access you gmail. 

Thanks for the info I take this is the setting in my gmail account ?
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: