Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 01:03:50 PM

quite happy with latest developments with Bay.
this might be interesting that Polo delisting some coins so there might be a chance Bay to get listed on Polo.

https://twitter.com/Poloniex

Thanks

Not with the hoarding that is going on here and no buying nor selling. Poloniex are looking for volume coins not 0.5btc max a day coins. Try staying in the top 3 of bittrex for a few months and then hit the twitter and slack etc. Good luck, my couple of million hide in my image but client deleted from my computer. Maybe one day I come back and treat David to a beer for his hard work and allowing me to buy new car?

I think polo will list bay when it becomes apparent no other coins can provide what bay can provide in such a efficient manner.

Is there no way david of making bitbay tokens ringsig based for the entire marketplace to become private?? or is this not essential or advisable?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:21:20 PM

this might be interesting that Polo delisting some coins so there might be a chance Bay to get listed on Polo.

Thanks

Not with the hoarding that is going on here and no buying nor selling. Poloniex are looking for volume coins not 0.5btc max a day coins. Try staying in the top 3 of bittrex for a few months and then hit the twitter and slack etc. Good luck, my couple of million hide in my image but client deleted from my computer. Maybe one day I come back and treat David to a beer for his hard work and allowing me to buy new car?

I think polo will list bay when it becomes apparent no other coins can provide what bay can provide in such a efficient manner.

Is there no way david of making bitbay tokens ringsig based for the entire marketplace to become private?? or is this not essential or advisable?

There may be but Monero is just a fad pump. They are on cryptonote a different protocol. Plus Bitcoin is already anonymous. Accounts don't have names. If you use a dark market with an anon address but send your mailing address it just killed your anon!! Much bigger risk there. Otherwise the deal is private and there is no need to worry.

Plus to be anon just exchange coins on an exchange withdraw to a new address. Or use double deposit to trade cross chain.

But still, sure I want more anon functions. Maybe we can use another coins anon feature when we finish.

Also I doubt an anon feature would get a price rise. We have smart contracts and decentralized markets and still no price rise.

Is Dogecoin better than Bitbay?? Absolutely not. It's almost sick that this coin isn't higher with the hundreds of features we have. But that is just the way things are for now. When we finish everything the coin pegs and the supply can reflect volume.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:12:00 PM

Thanks

There may be but Monero is just a fad pump. They are on cryptonote a different protocol. Plus Bitcoin is already anonymous. Accounts don't have names. If you use a dark market with an anon address but send your mailing address it just killed your anon!! Much bigger risk there. Otherwise the deal is private and there is no need to worry.

Plus to be anon just exchange coins on an exchange withdraw to a new address. Or use double deposit to trade cross chain.

But still, sure I want more anon functions. Maybe we can use another coins anon feature when we finish.

Also I doubt an anon feature would get a price rise. We have smart contracts and decentralized markets and still no price rise.

Is Dogecoin better than Bitbay?? Absolutely not. It's almost sick that this coin isn't higher with the hundreds of features we have. But that is just the way things are for now. When we finish everything the coin pegs and the supply can reflect volume.

Thanks for you reply David. Yes, recognition is the only thing bay lacks really. If only we could think of a great way to get people to try out and use the bay market place.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:00:29 PM

Thanks

Thanks for you reply David. Yes, recognition is the only thing bay lacks really. If only we could think of a great way to get people to try out and use the bay market place.

I believe we have a way to draw people to the market place. Just waiting for the new templates...
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:52:21 AM

If you use a dark market with an anon address but send your mailing address it just killed your anon!!

Lol, good point. I've always wondered what they do to cover that loop hole. In the end your anon status is worthless if you want to use your coins to purchase goods with it. Got to send it somewhere with your name attached.
3r197

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:07:49 PM

Or use double deposit to trade cross chain.

I've saw where you briefly mention cross chain before - I think it was in the Documentation file in the Help tab of the Client.

Could you better explain how this cross chain system could work?

I think you mentioned that cross chaining would actually be more anon than any other coins current anon feature.
Is it only possible with Night Trader?
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:40:42 PM

I've tried to read some of the posts, I can see that the developers are devoted to this project and are very keen on making it successful but one thing I noted here is that you guys don't talk about the marketing side of it, no matter how solid a project is if nobody is out there to use it the effort invested into it will not be rewarded. I read a post that the developer of Bitbay developed smart contract ahead of Ethereum but to me Ethereum guys get this right because they got marketing/publicity side of their project right and they become successful. I have no doubt there is a market gap for Bitbay to fill but we need to understand that marketing a product is a important as developing it if not more important.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:25:15 PM

Or use double deposit to trade cross chain.

I've saw where you briefly mention cross chain before - I think it was in the Documentation file in the Help tab of the Client.

Could you better explain how this cross chain system could work?

I think you mentioned that cross chaining would actually be more anon than any other coins current anon feature.
Is it only possible with Night Trader?

NightTrader would automate it. But yeah it can be done. You just trade any coin for any other coin. You use DDE to simply allow micropayment channel. Then because the two chains are unrelated it's as anonymous as switching accounts. They give you BTC for Doge for example with Bay as deposit. Now you guys are on a new chain. It's like switching alibi's.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:27:51 PM

I've tried to read some of the posts, I can see that the developers are devoted to this project and are very keen on making it successful but one thing I noted here is that you guys don't talk about the marketing side of it, no matter how solid a project is if nobody is out there to use it the effort invested into it will not be rewarded. I read a post that the developer of Bitbay developed smart contract ahead of Ethereum but to me Ethereum guys get this right because they got marketing/publicity side of their project right and they become successful. I have no doubt there is a market gap for Bitbay to fill but we need to understand that marketing a product is a important as developing it if not more important.

I agree. Ethereum did marketing before development. I did development before marketing. Was it a mistake? I don't know. However we can bridge that gap. We need bots and PR and community growth. The question is when do we do it and what do we start with. I was thinking get a few articles written.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:36:12 PM

In your site you state the following:

There are a lot of people in the world who don’t have access to modern financial services, but that shouldn’t disqualify them from participating in online commerce.
For example, there are tens of millions of people living in places like the Philippines, Nicaragua or China who have Internet access but who can’t open bank accounts or get credit cards. (...)

BitBay believes that this is simply not fair. Its primary objective is to allow users to improve their lives by giving them the ability to buy and sell products online safely and securely.

So part of your plan is to give this people the ability to buy and sell products, the problem is, I couldn't find any clear explanation of your action plan.
Does this mean you will teach these people how to buy criptos (without a modern financial service)? or will you teach them about mining criptos?

Not sure if they do but what if ebay or amazon add a bitcoin payment option? what is going to be your action plan if this happens?

I'd love to read your answers before I invest in the project. Thanks guys!

Good question! Well first of all, if EBay adds Bitcoin we still offer a different advantage over them because we use unbreakable contracts using double deposit escrow. That's a huge advantage. Also Halo and Bitbay have the best wallet security of any coin. Since all accounts are multisig and you can pay using a cold wallet by using two computers to sign transactions and store your keys in images it's great for people who live in areas without trust.

Realize in 3rd world countries they have no trust. Even packages get taken. However with double deposit they now have a way to trust each other regardless of if they live in a democracy, kingdom, dictatorship, or anarchy.

This does require education and the only way that happens is exposing them to Bitbay.

The good news is, Bitbay is the ONLY software that translates to 92 languages love in the software. So anyone can read instructions on how to use this programs, the smart contracts and the markets.

The rest is simply marketing.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:40:34 PM

Still collecting BitBay after hearing about in a year ago.  I am in it for the longterm because I am a 15 year Ebay seller ready to make the break!  Nice job dev, good luck to everyone.

I love Bitcoin
3r197

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:37:53 PM

There are a lot of people in the world who don’t have access to modern financial services, but that shouldn’t disqualify them from participating in online commerce.
For example, there are tens of millions of people living in places like the Philippines, Nicaragua or China who have Internet access but who can’t open bank accounts or get credit cards. (...)

BitBay believes that this is simply not fair. Its primary objective is to allow users to improve their lives by giving them the ability to buy and sell products online safely and securely.

So part of your plan is to give this people the ability to buy and sell products, the problem is, I couldn't find any clear explanation of your action plan.
Does this mean you will teach these people how to buy criptos (without a modern financial service)? or will you teach them about mining criptos?

Not sure if they do but what if ebay or amazon add a bitcoin payment option? what is going to be your action plan if this happens?

Good question! Well first of all, if EBay adds Bitcoin we still offer a different advantage over them because we use unbreakable contracts using double deposit escrow. That's a huge advantage. Also Halo and Bitbay have the best wallet security of any coin. Since all accounts are multisig and you can pay using a cold wallet by using two computers to sign transactions and store your keys in images it's great for people who live in areas without trust.

Realize in 3rd world countries they have no trust. Even packages get taken. However with double deposit they now have a way to trust each other regardless of if they live in a democracy, kingdom, dictatorship, or anarchy.

This does require education and the only way that happens is exposing them to Bitbay.

The good news is, Bitbay is the ONLY software that translates to 92 languages love in the software. So anyone can read instructions on how to use this programs, the smart contracts and the markets.

The rest is simply marketing.

I might add that no centralized entity will ever become competition for BitBay (through duplication) because BitBay is a 'not-for-profit' protocol. Amazon, Ebay, Google, Etsy, etc... all have profit as their main source of motivation. This fact alone is a huge game changer and will never be trumped because it's simply not profitable to try and trump it!

The last time I sold something on ebay I had to fork out almost 10% in fees to the company after selling my item; it was a $6,600.00 piece of camera equipment. Did I get a reduced fee for selling such a high dollar item - hell no! Ebay took over 600 dollars out of my paypal account.
With BitBay the merchants keep ALL the profit! The only fee involved with BitBay is the standard bitcoin protocol for a transaction fee that supports the miners that secure the blockchain - we are talking a fraction of a penny per dollar. And if you take in consideration that if you are staking your coins you are going to easily earn more BitBay than any transaction fee applied to your various items bought or sold. So it's actually more than free, it rewards you and pays you for supporting and investing in it.
Munti

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:19:05 PM

BitBay is the only coin (that I know of) that isn't dependent on exchanges for people to buy it. Read this article on our site http://bitbay.market/bitbay-has-solved-the-last-mile/ and you'll see what I mean.
Munti

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:54:09 PM

I don't agree Etherum got it right unless you'r talking about p&d or devs getting rich. We are all working on software that is supposed to handle peoples money. That means we have to get it right first, and then market it. The damage that Eth has done to itself will be very hard to fix. Whales keeping Eth price at artificial high level after disaster only has effect amongst traders hoping to get rich. It has no relevance for adoption amongst ordinary people and businesses, and I can't see why they would use a coin with a dev team that is so reckless.
That said, I totally agree marketing is just as (or more) important as developing. We even have a marketing tool built into our client, the pay to mail feature.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:17:04 AM

I don't agree Etherum got it right unless you'r talking about p&d or devs getting rich. We are all working on software that is supposed to handle peoples money. That means we have to get it right first, and then market it. The damage that Eth has done to itself will be very hard to fix. Whales keeping Eth price at artificial high level after disaster only has effect amongst traders hoping to get rich. It has no relevance for adoption amongst ordinary people and businesses, and I can't see why they would use a coin with a dev team that is so reckless.
That said, I totally agree marketing is just as (or more) important as developing. We even have a marketing tool built into our client, the pay to mail feature.

True I actually agree with everything you say here. It was extremely irresponsible to investors what they did with DAO and did with pumping.

We are doing it the right way, less volume now, we market a completed product that we test and can be proud of.

However from a greed perspective ETH did everything to try and be a media darling and shake investors for money. Market first code later.

It's a matter of principal. And we still have tons of room to market and grow.
crypto-trade.net

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:17:10 AM

We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604225.0
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:58:09 AM

We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604225.0

That's really nice of you guys thanks for the support
Munti

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:17:29 AM

Thank you for your answers, everything is clear. Please protect your business from copycats. Patent/brand protection is equally important.

I'm all in. Congrats on this project and great work from your team!

The source code is protected. Someone that tried to reverse enginer it said Davids logic was even harder to figure out than the obfuscation  Cheesy
We should look into brand protection though
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:21:15 AM

True I actually agree with everything you say here. It was extremely irresponsible to investors what they did with DAO and did with pumping.

We are doing it the right way, less volume now, we market a completed product that we test and can be proud of.

However from a greed perspective ETH did everything to try and be a media darling and shake investors for money. Market first code later.

I disagree with you that Ethereum is a pump and dump coin, a pump and dump coin will not still have a strong community behind it after hack, don't let us deceive ourselves, the cryptoworld is a world of unknown to all of us, an experiment, we stumble, learn and rise even bitcoin was once $1000 and later dropped to $200+ range. Can you categorically say that Monero is a pump and dump coin, because of the recent rally in price. I believe investors in BitBay will not mind pump in their token price to $1. People do not invest in project because of strong code, they do because of the profit potential.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

TRY DEMO

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 06:46:38 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2016, 07:01:18 AM by dzimbeck

I disagree with you that Ethereum is a pump and dump coin, a pump and dump coin will not still have a strong community behind it after hack, don't let us deceive ourselves, the cryptoworld is a world of unknown to all of us, an experiment, we stumble, learn and rise even bitcoin was once $1000 and later dropped to $200+ range. Can you categorically say that Monero is a pump and dump coin, because of the recent rally in price. I believe investors in BitBay will not mind pump in their token price to $1. People do not invest in project because of strong code, they do because of the profit potential.

Well actually the rise in Monero was because of pumpers. I'm sure if we asked around we could even figure out who pumped it. We can prove price doesnt rise because of tech based on the fact that Blackcoin had contracts years before ETH and Bitbay had markets yeahs before OB. We have the best tech here. The current price of Bitbay is almost an insult lol.

Ethereum may not be pumpers they might be theives. The DAO was completely wrong. ETH raised 20 million to code their client. They had no product was vaporware for a year and then they release buggy product with serious security holes and absolutely no user interface. Months later the UI was a joke.

Then by Vitaliks own admission, they dumped their premined coins on the market.

Then instead of coding, they try to be media darlings hyping up their product which bloats the blockchain with no prospective resolution. Plus, they overblow what contracts can do unlike DDE which has many real world applications. Of course DDE is only one type of contract but it's the most important.

Then they involve themselves in another crowdfund(when they should have been coding) which they didn't market and somehow got 100 million. It was obvious they bought their own DAO and refunded themselves (no different from our scandal but times 100)... so like 20 plus million wasn't enough for these greedy fellows they wanted more. If I had 40 mil I could build a frikkin UFO lol.

Then they audit the DAO, find a serious bug, and instead of TESTING the race to zero attack, they say "it's no big deal" and then allow the bug to happen. If that isn't an "inside job" then I don't know what is. They sold their coins pick them up for half and then dump again.

Then they violate all principalities and ethics of blockchain and reverse the transaction... causing a fork, screwing the community, and most importantly not taking responsibility for their actions.

I like Vitalik from our conversations and I hope he is innocent pawn. But the Ethereum team as a whole are theives... or at best completely irresponsible.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: