Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:18:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:08:47 AM

New blog posted on BitBay.market focusing on Western Union NetSpend Prepaid Mastercard as a payment option in the marketplace.

http://bitbay.market/?p=1862&preview=true

Good job on the write up

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:13:10 AM

I have downloaded BitBay PC Client Version 1.21 from bitbay.market and installed it , but the program can't load. I have tried multiple times. can you give me another source to download ?

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:06:17 PM

I have downloaded BitBay PC Client Version 1.21 from bitbay.market and installed it , but the program can't load. I have tried multiple times. can you give me another source to download ?

Of course, but that link should work fine. I just used it 4 days ago.

Downloads can also be found in OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.0

And at bitbaymarket.net

Please provide as much information as possible so we can help.

- What Windows OS version are you running?

- And what exactly happens after you install and try to start the program?

- Are you running the QT wallet at the same time?

- After starting the program, what bitbay processes are showing in your task manager?

Sharma
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:12:30 PM

And at bitbaymarket.net

- I am currently using windows XP

- The program closes and unable to launch anymore after I clicked " select Language ".
Do i need to turn off antivirus ?

- No.

█████▄▄▄▄
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
3r197

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:35:24 PM

And at bitbaymarket.net

- I am currently using windows XP

- The program closes and unable to launch anymore after I clicked " select Language ".
Do i need to turn off antivirus ?

- No.

Sorry, I edited my post to late.

- After starting the program, what bitbay processes are showing in your task manager?

-  What language did you click on in the select language window?

- In the Bitbay program file, you should see a file called crashlog.dat  You should PM David - Dzimbeck. He should give you an email address where you could send him the crashlog.dat so he could review it

Sharma
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:13:16 PM

- In the Bitbay program file, you should see a file called crashlog.dat  You should PM David - Dzimbeck. He should give you an email address where you could send him the crashlog.dat so he could review it

- On task manager processes - it shows " bitbay.exe
- Selected language - English

I have tried to uninstall bitbay from my computer, it says " the set up files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program "

█████▄▄▄▄
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:50:56 PM

Have you had any previous versions of Bitbay installed, or is this your first install?
healthhealer4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:09:15 PM

I have tried to uninstall bitbay from my computer, it says " the set up files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program "

I had trouble with opening the client once before you can try deleting all the bitbay file in the bitbay fold except for the key files and  install the op file had the cilent up and running for me .
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:47:01 PM

If taskmanager shows bitbay.exe then perhaps it was running and was in the system tray, you could just restart your computer and run it again. But since you tried to uninstall then maybe just start from scratch.

Its possible you installed the updater and not the installer?! If this is your first time running it(and you have no keys to back up) just delete the directory c:/bitbay/

But of course if you had funds back up your keys always.

Then reinstall from www.davtonia.com/blackhalo/bitbaysetup.exe

Let me know then if you have any questions, if you see this happen again tell me what it says before it exits and if there is a crashlog.dat please send it to me. It should work just fine. Otherwise maybe an unorthodox antivirus is interfering let me know if that is an issue. Please PM me if you have other questions.
3r197

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:04:25 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 01:21:20 PM by 3r197

New blog posted in the website!

"BitBay has solved the last mile"

If you are tired of dealing with the middlemen, this blog is a must read!

It's time you take your markets back and leave the exchanges behind!

http://bitbay.market/bitbay-has-solved-the-last-mile/
rqdxrocket

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:53:21 AM

Hello,

There are more and more items for sale on the BitBay Market everyday.  If you haven't already download the BitBay Market Client and either start selling items today or maybe purchase something that is for sale.

Remember the client is still in "Beta" so everything isn't fully functional but you are able to buy/sell right now.

Thanks
RQDxRocket
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:38:27 PM

I assume most of us were hoping this would go faster. On the other hand, we're still well ahead of the competing coins with large teams. That's quite an accomplishment from David.
There is no reason to wait until it's finished before you start using it. It is fully functional as it is. Of course it will be easier to use when all the templates and other improvements are done, but it's already doing what it is supposed to do. Besides, this is software, and software is never finished. There is always another feature or improvement you can add.

I'd like an increase in marketcap too  Smiley
Marketing must be handled by the community. (Can't expect David to use his time for that.) You are more than welcome to help out.
rqdxrocket

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:17:58 PM

We r nearly in Novemenr. When will this be built? I know it is a one man team creating it but i thought it would be pegged by now. This is taking way too long.

I'm not fudding, I own $1000 worth of bay & want to have a finished product and only then will I start to use it.
I also would like more marketing and a rise in marketcap.

Pugman,

I know this is taking longer than the BitBay teams initial timeline.  Is it frustrating? yes, but I am doing my part by listing several items on the marketplace.  I have written and coded a few small websites, programs, etc but I would be of no help for David in that department.  So I am going what I can do to help by listing a wide variety of items for sale.

It seems everyone wants things to happen yesterday. That is the main fault that I see with most coins that are released today or the developer leaves without finishing the project.  With all that David has been through as well as the rest of the BitBay team I am surprised he/they are still around but I am thankful that they are.  David has done a great job creating this marketplace and yes its still a work in progress. I too would like to see things move along at a faster pace but I am using what is available to me now by listings items for sale.

I am pleased with what has been accomplished so far and I know that its only going to get better.  Hopefully more people see this as I have and start taking advantage of what is being offered to us.

Good job Bitbay team so far, now just keep it up....

Thanks
RQDxRocket

ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:07:07 AM

Hi, I installed Bitbay-QT and Bitbay Market on my macbook OSX 10.10.5

I find that the QT is very slow on updating, still busy since yesterday. The Market app (v1.2 and v1.2-2) doesn't work, it crashes instantly. Any advice on these issues?
Thx  Wink

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
3r197

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:28:56 PM

I find that the QT is very slow on updating, still busy since yesterday. The Market app (v1.2 and v1.2-2) doesn't work, it crashes instantly. Any advice on these issues?
Thx  Wink

Sorry for the inconvenience. These are on David's list of things to do. Currently the Market Client runs only on Windows. The Mac and Linux builds are out of date.
He plans on having them up to date within a month or two.

Speeding up the synchronization will be addressed soon as well. There is a bootstrap file found in OP but I honestly don't know if it's compatible with Mac.
If a Bitcoin wallet can sync in 6-8 hours I'm sure he can get BitBay to sync a lot faster.

But currently the template releases have been his top priority. 'Buy/Sell Anything' with automatic shipping calculator is very close to release.
Hopefully he'll have the mac and linux builds up to date after that.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:28:05 PM

Thx  Wink

Sorry for the inconvenience. These are on David's list of things to do. Currently the Market Client runs only on Windows. The Mac and Linux builds are out of date.
He plans on having them up to date within a month or two.

Speeding up the synchronization will be addressed soon as well. There is a bootstrap file found in OP but I honestly don't know if it's compatible with Mac.
If a Bitcoin wallet can sync in 6-8 hours I'm sure he can get BitBay to sync a lot faster.

But currently the template releases have been his top priority. 'Buy/Sell Anything' with automatic shipping calculator is very close to release.
Hopefully he'll have the mac and linux builds up to date after that.

Ok, well, I still have a Windows laptop also and I know David has lots of work. Thx for the update.  Wink

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 08:14:38 PM

We r nearly in Novemenr. When will this be built? I know it is a one man team creating it but i thought it would be pegged by now. This is taking way too long.

I'm not fudding, I own $1000 worth of bay & want to have a finished product and only then will I start to use it.
I also would like more marketing and a rise in marketcap.

People who invest in Crypto should understand something and its probably why a lot of devs quit. Its because... they aren't real devs. Software can take years to finish even with teams. In the past 10 months, we released decentralized markets that actually work, made major enhancements to the core client, have an auto-translater that translates to 92 languages, a crazy UI with forms that are interactive and mutate as you make different choices, and even the first templte (coins for cash) released with a built in Bot/price tracker. And the full list would take up this page. So relax, it will happen soon enough.

This type of attitude is unhealthy (pure obsession with price). Pegging will certainly help this issue that plagues crypto but people must understand that this isnt like making a website on wix or microwaving your dinner, its more like this, "programming is like building a luxury car from scratch piece by piece without an instruction manual or any help from any previous models"

And its more like building that car with your bare hands and only a hammer and screwdriver.

Its just time consuming.

Lets take an example: Diablo 3 took 10 years to make and they had a staff of 5,000 people.

Bitcoin was probably not created by one person (Satoshi was probably a group of people)

So on the contrary, we are moving extremely fast considering im the only dev. But im not a machine, sometimes i even take a day off! (i know its crazy)

And i can assure you programming destroyed my social life... lol

So be patient, its not a race, its a marathon. If anyone here invested for a quick return then best that they sell and move into some sort of pump and dump (i think Kittycoin is good enough for that)

Bitcoin was worthless for about 3 years... you couldnt even give them away for free (for example Lily Allen turned down 300,000 or so bitcoins when they were worthless), i dont think people were sending Satoshi PMs saying "when will your software be worth something some day?"
3r197

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:44:44 PM

Wow, just been reading up on all the other coins out there. It's really getting ridiculous. I'd say about 95% of them are complete scams. People are getting so tired of it, heck even the scam devs are running out of fuel to make more scam coins. This is actually great to see unfolding. Bittrex is averaging about 2 pages of coins without any volume except for traders buying their own shares. Just a few months ago I thought there was about 14 pages of coins on bittrex. Now it's almost down to 10 pages.
Just 3 weeks ago c-cex put half of all their coins on the delist countdown!
Within the next 2 months, we very well could be nearing the top 50.
And once this coin is pegged, there is no telling how high we get.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:21:26 PM

Bitbay is moving up the rankings because it's holding its BTC ratio while everything around it doesn't as Bitcoin dollar value appreciates.
healthhealer4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:05:53 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 07:18:55 AM by healthhealer4

Bitbay is moving up the rankings because it's holding its BTC ratio while everything around it doesn't as Bitcoin dollar value appreciates.

yes i see that too i also tell people about it and their three people i know so far very interested in buying bitbays.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: