Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:21:38 AM

Looking good David and team, am impressed with this market Smiley

Thanks if you want, take one of my contracts or pm me, will walk you through it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinsToDev

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:37:34 AM

I give this coin my mark of quality and approval it is to be very good for the future of crypto. All the haters are sleeping now maybe even crying they could not derail this beauty aha Congratulations guys!
DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:42:02 AM

Did you install to somewhere where you have no write access? Or are you trying to save keys to certain directories without write access? I saw this issue before with my friends computer. It wasnt allowed to save to certain directories! Go ahead and see where you can write to. Also, make sure it has admin privelages.

Does the client display an error message when it experiences a write error?

Nope, but the write permission error will only happen when trying to make new wallets. If it happened with the core program, it wouldnt load.

Oh! One reason for the error too might be to save to a folder that isnt unicode. For example, you have a non-alphanumeric character in your username like a chinese character. I think its a pyqt thing. Bitmessage had the same bug which is why i simply save their data locally.

Ouch. Nothing pisses me off like programs that fail silently. Many issues are easily overcome if the programmer just gets the error out to the display. Aren't you checking return codes or something?

There are no such things as Unicode folders. NTFS supports unicode. All filenames are saved as unicode. Otherwise things like French and German don't work well. Pyqt seems to handle unicode correctly if you use the calls correctly. bitmessage had programming errors that were fixed with patches. Since NTFS supports Unicode at the file system level, what do you mean by "save their data locally" ? What do unicode usernames have to do with saving files? Or maybe I'm completely missing something here? Smiley
DeezCoinz

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:13:46 AM

The BitBay client works fine its only calling the daemons as a subprocess. Bitbayd and Blackcoind. Getting a static build that is good for commercial release.

For example we were told getting a linux build for all versions of linux in one client is not practical because of libraries for certain computers being different. Our windows build works on 100% of the systems currently. The others working on more than 90% (according to reports vs download counter)

Commercial release ? Smiley

Linux versions do not vary by "computer". There are three main versions of Linux and most other distros are versions of those versions. Those are RedHat, Debian, Suse. For instance, anything compiled on Redhat will run on CentOs. The only thing that varies for executables are library linkages, so compiling for any particular distro fixes that. Most all distros you'll ever see are available for free on distrowatch.com. You can just boot them into a VM in virtualbox and do a compile to produce the executables for your code. Easy Peasy. Are you distributing you Linux code as .tgz or native packages?

I take some of that back. Linux does vary by hardware architecture. X86, IBM power Series. You're not going to be running in AIX lpars by any chance, are you? Smiley Smiley

Also a static build of the client should work on all X86 based distros without a problem.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:39:35 PM

The BitBay client works fine its only calling the daemons as a subprocess. Bitbayd and Blackcoind. Getting a static build that is good for commercial release.

For example we were told getting a linux build for all versions of linux in one client is not practical because of libraries for certain computers being different. Our windows build works on 100% of the systems currently. The others working on more than 90% (according to reports vs download counter)

Linux versions do not vary by "computer". There are three main versions of Linux and most other distros are versions of those versions. Those are RedHat, Debian, Suse. For instance, anything compiled on Redhat will run on CentOs. The only thing that varies for executables are library linkages, so compiling for any particular distro fixes that. Most all distros you'll ever see are available for free on distrowatch.com. You can just boot them into a VM in virtualbox and do a compile to produce the executables for your code. Easy Peasy. Are you distributing you Linux code as .tgz or native packages?

I take some of that back. Linux does vary by hardware architecture. X86, IBM power Series. You're not going to be running in AIX lpars by any chance, are you? Smiley Smiley

Also a static build of the client should work on all X86 based distros without a problem.

Not exactly true, lubuntu, mint and other platforms all differ slightly. Depending on the libraries, this may matter and we have seen it make a difference. Shit even windows distros on windows 7 arent the same! Lots of computers are different. If I had a github for people to pull and run the source, then it wouldnt be a problem. For linux its a tarball but we make deb files. I've even noticed a difference on Mac platforms.

Also, there is the simple fact that 32 and 64 bit is different. We only have 64 bit builds for Linux and Mac. 32 bit for Windows. I used to build windows 64 but regressed to 32 so it would always be the same. I was told 64 bit linux wasnt backwards compatible but have not tested that yet since we only have 64 bit build anyways. Not to mention it runs bitmessage, coin daemons and all the qt and crypto python libraries. So there is tons of things to consider when packaging for disto.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:44:53 PM

Did you install to somewhere where you have no write access? Or are you trying to save keys to certain directories without write access? I saw this issue before with my friends computer. It wasnt allowed to save to certain directories! Go ahead and see where you can write to. Also, make sure it has admin privelages.

Does the client display an error message when it experiences a write error?

Nope, but the write permission error will only happen when trying to make new wallets. If it happened with the core program, it wouldnt load.

Oh! One reason for the error too might be to save to a folder that isnt unicode. For example, you have a non-alphanumeric character in your username like a chinese character. I think its a pyqt thing. Bitmessage had the same bug which is why i simply save their data locally.

Ouch. Nothing pisses me off like programs that fail silently. Many issues are easily overcome if the programmer just gets the error out to the display. Aren't you checking return codes or something?

There are no such things as Unicode folders. NTFS supports unicode. All filenames are saved as unicode. Otherwise things like French and German don't work well. Pyqt seems to handle unicode correctly if you use the calls correctly. bitmessage had programming errors that were fixed with patches. Since NTFS supports Unicode at the file system level, what do you mean by "save their data locally" ? What do unicode usernames have to do with saving files? Or maybe I'm completely missing something here? Smiley

Bitmessage did not fix this specific bug. I had to fix it manually. Try running it on a German computer and then get back to me Cheesy ... Sadly, pyqt doesnt handle it correctly at least natively from version 4. Its on my bug tracker to be fixed but havent had the time to look into that one.

What i meant by saving data locally was that i dont save bitmessage data in the default datadir in roaming. Instead, i save to install path. I had to change this manually in their source, its not a big deal. Because on a German or Chinese computer, their username may use foreign characters and those would cause Bitmessage to fail. So no, not every bug is so transparent. Of course, in pyqt my solution will be different however there is two folder issues. One being for foreign characters and another being for windows BS security that doesnt let you write to certain directories unless you run as admin. Oh and i almost forgot. I've got an admin hack but it doesnt work on the subprocesses. To blackcoind needs to be run as admin too on certain computers from the terminal/console. I can just have it called with the asadmin flag. I'm not sure if all systems will allow that though.
DeezCoinz

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:46:24 PM

Not exactly true, lubuntu, mint and other platforms all differ slightly. Depending on the libraries, this may matter and we have seen it make a difference. Shit even windows distros on windows 7 arent the same! Lots of computers are different. If I had a github for people to pull and run the source, then it wouldnt be a problem. For linux its a tarball but we make deb files. I've even noticed a difference on Mac platforms.

Also, there is the simple fact that 32 and 64 bit is different. We only have 64 bit builds for Linux and Mac. 32 bit for Windows. I used to build windows 64 but regressed to 32 so it would always be the same. I was told 64 bit linux wasnt backwards compatible but have not tested that yet since we only have 64 bit build anyways. Not to mention it runs bitmessage, coin daemons and all the qt and crypto python libraries. So there is tons of things to consider when packaging for disto.

I must have still been sleeping. Use Docker and all these problems go away.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:49:22 PM

I must have still been sleeping. Use Docker and all these problems go away.

Ok I will give that a shot. Thanks.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:22:39 PM

Just a quick question. Does the Bitbay Marketplace wallet/app also stake ? Or do i need to download the wallet-qt for staking ?
Or if it doesnt right now, will it once it is fully released ?
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:29:31 PM

Just a quick question. Does the Bitbay Marketplace wallet/app also stake ? Or do i need to download the wallet-qt for staking ?
For now the only way to stake is with the QT wallet, but we are looking into implementing it in the client.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

For now the only way to stake is with the QT wallet, but we are looking into implementing it in the client.

Would be nice to have it in the client Smiley
Btw that client for the marketplace looks really nice
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:57:00 PM

Would be nice to have it in the client Smiley
Btw that client for the marketplace looks really nice

I hear ya. It's going to happen, eventually.
For now, I'm gonna fire up my old crappy laptop to stake my wallet. That way I can play around with the beta client on my regular PC without missing a beat on the stake reward.  Grin
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:57:36 PM

David, when you've talked about "licensing halo" for another altcoin, do you mean that the altcoin would get its own decentralized market with double deposit escrow capability from you, or the existing market would start supporting that altcoin in addition to BTC, BLK, and BAY, or the altcoin would have to create its own market place but could use halo to implement double deposit escrow?
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:26:37 AM

David, when you've talked about "licensing halo" for another altcoin, do you mean that the altcoin would get its own decentralized market with double deposit escrow capability from you, or the existing market would start supporting that altcoin in addition to BTC, BLK, and BAY, or the altcoin would have to create its own market place but could use halo to implement double deposit escrow?

Great question. 

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:30:21 AM

Hello,

So far I am impressed with Davids work.  It is a little difficult to understand at the beginning on how the markets work.  I know this is the first public test and it will get easier to understand with future updates.  Everything seems to work correctly and I am excited to start selling more things on the market as I become more familiar with how it exactly works.

I have successfully sold the tire pressure gauge finally, successfully counter offered a listing, and successfully completed my first purchase. 

Now to just get it a little more "noob" friendly but I am definitely happy so far. 

Keep up the good work Team Bitbay

Thanks
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:02:59 AM

Hello,

So far I am impressed with Davids work.  It is a little difficult to understand at the beginning on how the markets work.  I know this is the first public test and it will get easier to understand with future updates.  Everything seems to work correctly and I am excited to start selling more things on the market as I become more familiar with how it exactly works.

I have successfully sold the tire pressure gauge finally, successfully counter offered a listing, and successfully completed my first purchase. 

Now to just get it a little more "noob" friendly but I am definitely happy so far. 

Keep up the good work Team Bitbay

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback.
Getting it more noob friendly is high priority. If you have any thoughts on the matter, please share them with us.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:51:57 AM

Pretty much yeah. However, it depends on what the coin wants. For example, some businesses come to me with interest in using debit cards or perhaps telcom stuff or really its been completely random each deal is different. One guy wants to have me code Halo for large tax swaps (hes a lawyer so his company would be forced to be escrow in this case). To be honest, if a coin wanted markets at this point im not sure what i would say. I'm really busy right now and not ready to take on more work.

With that said, if it was in regards to NightTrader then year, the most obvious choice would be awarding coins a Halo for getting a spot within the markets. But it wouldnt exactly go to "any" coin. Should a Halo be extended to ALL coins? Should Kittycoin get a Halo? How about Flappycoin? I'm going to have to measure the coin by its community, dev and future.

Ive not really decided what is best for the future yet. So i guess any coins interested would just have to talk to me. For now, im going to give a lot of thought to who gets one. I was thinking of Dogecoin to be honest because they are cool and memes are fun. Plus, i would have a lot of fun making their Halo.
3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:29:13 AM

Alright.
I'm moving along with the client. I set up my private keys. Put them in different locations. Encrypted them.

I bought some coins on bittrex and sent them to the client without any issues.

I got my email address to sync up with the client.
At first gmail blocked it. But all I had to do was go to the settings and turn on "Access for less secure apps".
This setting allowed my gmail account to accept the client's access.

So far I see one open order contract on the marketplace: dbb6eceba3b63bccfb00a011c1ee14ee

I'll wait a little bit longer to see if more begin to propogate as my node searches through the system - correct?

Also... Will there be a way to change the user profile. Looking at the open order stated above, I noticed that the user profile for it is named, "04a2ff5d3f".  Doesn't really sound that personable.

I'll keep at it, but I've got to get off my butt and do some bookkeeping.
Love the system so far!

Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:47:51 AM

Alright.
I'm moving along with the client. I set up my private keys. Put them in different locations. Encrypted them.

I bought some coins on bittrex and sent them to the client without any issues.

I got my email address to sync up with the client.
At first gmail blocked it. But all I had to do was go to the settings and turn on "Access for less secure apps".
This setting allowed my gmail account to accept the client's access.

So far I see one open order contract on the marketplace: dbb6eceba3b63bccfb00a011c1ee14ee

I'll wait a little bit longer to see if more begin to propogate as my node searches through the system - correct?

Also... Will there be a way to change the user profile. Looking at the open order stated above, I noticed that the user profile for it is named, "04a2ff5d3f".  Doesn't really sound that personable.

I'll keep at it, but I've got to get off my butt and do some bookkeeping.
Love the system so far!

Yes when I tested the Beta I had the "Access for less secure apps" problem as well.

As soon as I turned this off my client worked perfectly for me.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:44:08 AM

still confused to use  BitBay client with markets,..  Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: