Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:50:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cr197

Activity: 307
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

Welcome to the future of China!!
I'd love to see them try this in the US. It would backfire horribly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:51:28 PM

Big update for BitBay March 22nd

gjesteele is writing a series of posts about the update. Here are the first one's all in one place for your convinience.

Quote from: gjsteele71
BitBay Release 1.26 Feature Focus – Cold Staking

The public release of BitBay’s Client v1.26 by the end of March comes with a few new key features we want to tell you about over the next few days.  This new version is actually already live, and we are currently testing, perfecting and documenting for public release.  If you would like to help test and try it out yourself, come visit us in Slack and one of the core members there will send you the link to get the update.

The first feature on the list is Cold Staking.  This is a security feature making it nearly impossible for people to break into your wallet and manipulate your BAY balance in any way.  If you are familiar with BitBay, you know there are two keys for every wallet.  Cold Staking gives you the option to put those two keys on separate systems.  This means not only would a potential hacker need to break into the computer BitBay is running on and crack your first key (which is all the protection most wallets offer), but they would also need to find and break into the second computer and unencrypt a second key as well.

This feature is currently working for computers on the same LAN (Local Area Network), and research is being done now into how to make it possible to connect the two systems over the internet.  Working out the details for this has been a challenge due to firewalls and dynamic IP addresses, but once it is completed in a future release, we will provide you with the information you need to make it work for you.

Cold Staking, along with other features you will read about in the upcoming days, helps make BitBay the most complete and secure digital currency software available.  This is the second update released in 2017, and more monumental updates, such as the rolling peg you have been hearing about, are on the way.  Hang on tight BitBay fans.

BitBay Release 1.26 Feature Focus – Client Staking

Though Client Staking does not have to do with security or privacy like most of the other updates in v1.26, I personally appreciate the convenience Client Staking offers BitBay users.

If you are familiar with BitBay, you know it is a Proof of Stake 3.0 (PoS 3.0) digital currency, and you can earn BAY simply by leaving your Wallet open for staking with your coins in it. The Smart Client Marketplace is a separate piece of software, and if you wanted to monitor the market while staking, both the Wallet and Client had to be installed and open at the same time.

With this update you no longer need to have both the Wallet and Client running together. The marketplace has PoS 3.0 integrated, and whether you are using the Client to create contracts or browse for your next purchase, your BAY coins are working for you in the background and earning interest. All you have to do is unlock your wallet for staking.

This might lead you to ask the question, “Why do I need the wallet then?” The obvious answer is, you don’t. The only thing it was still required for was staking. The BitBay Wallet will still continue to work as it does today, but won’t be a major part of BitBay’s future. I would recommend transferring your BAY from your wallet to the more secure client when you get a chance.

I do not know of any other cryptocurrency project out there where the staking wallet is built directly into a fully functional decentralized platform. Add this kind of convenience to the unprecedented account security measures being added, and you can see there is a lot of hard work going into BitBay on a continual basis to deliver a finished product people can use and trust.

What enhancements with real-world use have you seen delivered lately from the other digital currencies?

BitBay Release 1.26 Feature Focus – Anti-Keylogger

If you are unfamiliar with keyloggers, this form of spyware is one way hackers use to discover your passwords. By hiding a small program deep inside your system’s folders, a keylogger records each letter or number pressed on your keyboard. The keyloggers store this information in files to be retrieved later by the person who placed it there.

The BitBay Anti-Keylogger brings up an onscreen keyboard and a timer lasting approximately one second. When you hover over a letter with your mouse pointer the timer starts. If you move to another letter the timer starts over. If you stay on the letter you want entered, the timer completes and the letter is entered into the passphrase field. Users will want to be sure to remember to use the Shift key first for capital letters.

As you can imagine, while this feature eliminates concerns you may have about keyloggers stealing your private information, it also slows down how quickly you can enter your passwords. This issue is less of a concern when you realize you are still able to type in the passphrase field as well. This means if you have a long code consisting of many words like I do, you can type in the majority of it using the keyboard, and use the Anti-Keylogger to obscure just some of the letters. If this is your long term vault for the majority of your BAY, you may want to only use the Anti-Keylogger, but if it is the account you use regularly to access the BitBay Marketplace you might choose to use it for just a portion of your passphrase. The choice of how much you use this new feature is yours.

In a world where even our own governments are caught attempting to monitor everything we do online, the Anti-Keylogger is just one more way BitBay is looking out for your security. I don’t know of any other cryptocurrency out there with as many built in features to assure your coins are never stolen.

Please join us at BitBay Slack (http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation) for access to the core team and the very latest updates.

BitBay Marketplace Site - http://bitbay.market

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:32:05 AM

Welcome to the future of China!!
I'd love to see them try this in the US. It would backfire horribly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

That is downright Orwellian! ie: "1984"

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:35:57 AM

Ingenious. At first I thought it would be "sloppy" but not as bad as it first looked. There's a future in that building large structures. Erect a much larger one outdoors and print a house on site and dismantle and move to the next job. You could hang it from temporary "crank up" towers or cranes.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
cr197

Activity: 307
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:24:51 PM

Someone is sitting on a golden opportunity to load a nice bag with that current wall!

BitBay has THE most advanced cryptocurrency wallet on the planet >PERIOD<

This price is still a joke!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:08:42 PM

Someone is sitting on a golden opportunity to load a nice bag with that current wall!

BitBay has THE most advanced cryptocurrency wallet on the planet >PERIOD<

This price is still a joke!

AGREED! We just need people to download it and use it. I recommend more faucets and treasure hunts and reaching out to other communities?!
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:14:04 PM

This could be the right time to catch who is losing faith in bitcoin. I'm personally very worried for bitcoin's future for the first time. As I said somewhere else either someone is manipulating and rigging all this game the way they want or, really, the bitcoin community is totally nuts and we need to move onto new things such as BitBay
R-J-F

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:54:25 PM

This could be the right time to catch who is losing faith in bitcoin. I'm personally very worried for bitcoin's future for the first time. As I said somewhere else either someone is manipulating and rigging all this game the way they want or, really, the bitcoin community is totally nuts and we need to move onto new things such as BitBay

I think the absolute failure of Bitcoin's keepers to agree on a method of expanding the block size coupled with the centralization of mining in China is starting to take it's toll. Also, projects like Bay can do so much more then just provide monetary value. Bitcoin is a rudderless ship in a sea of competition.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:57:32 PM

I think the absolute failure of Bitcoin's keepers to agree on a method of expanding the block size coupled with the centralization of mining in China is starting to take it's toll. Also, projects like Bay can do so much more then just provide monetary value. Bitcoin is a rudderless ship in a sea of competition.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10028

I filed an issue, but they closed it  Grin

Oh the ego is a mighty thing... they refuse to confront the elephant in the room - their own reflections.
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:09:40 PM

So it's time to deliver after a long time of waiting I am pretty sure after few days it will be most advanced cryptocurrency.
JanDzban

Activity: 423

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:09:24 PM

Hi,
After instalation i try run Bitbay-qt but i get this error: "Failed to execute script BitBay". I also noticed that instalation didn't create appdata/roaming/BitBay folder. My os win 8.1 64.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Munti

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:30:42 PM

Hi,
After instalation i try run Bitbay-qt but i get this error: "Failed to execute script BitBay". I also noticed that instalation didn't create appdata/roaming/BitBay folder. My os win 8.1 64.

Looks to me like you have downloaded the client -not the QT wallet.
You have downloaded the test version of our next release. Run as admin and you should be fine. David is now building the official release. When that is released you will not have to run as admin.
Only QT wallet has appdata/roaming/BitBay as default path.
TheEvilSocks

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:38:06 PM

Is there really a connection between Bitbay and Qtum.

JanDzban

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:42:29 PM

Hi,

Looks to me like you have downloaded the client -not the QT wallet.
You have downloaded the test version of our next release. Run as admin and you should be fine. David is now building the official release. When that is released you will not have to run as admin.
Only QT wallet has appdata/roaming/BitBay as default path.

Yes, my mistake, somehow i downloaded client, not qt. Thank you!

Now syncing, how heavy is blockchain? TIA

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Munti

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:55:54 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 08:07:22 PM by Munti

Not at all. But BitBay has had the missfurtune to be scammed by the Patrick/Steven Dai, the founder of Qtum. He was also the founder of BitBay, and he took the money and ran. If it had not been for David who has given years of his life to do work he had not signed up for, BitBay would have been dead, and the investors would have lost everything.

Munti

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:00:57 PM

Syncing could take anywhere between 12 and 24 hours depending on your computer and internet connection on win. (It's much faster on linux)
If you don't like to wait for that, you can go here http://bitbay.market/downloads/ and download the blockchain appr. 95% synced. Just replace the files in your bitbay folder with the ones from the download.

JanDzban

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:08:08 PM

Syncing could take anywhere between 12 and 24 hours depending on your computer and internet connection on win. (It's much faster on linux)
If you don't like to wait for that, you can go here http://bitbay.market/downloads/ and download the blockchain appr. 95% synced. Just replace the files in your bitbay folder with the ones from the download.

Nice, 95%=662MB so whole not even 1GB, important for me because i have small SSD. Thanks!

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:19:46 PM

i see sdc pulling a bitcoindark... everyone wants a new ico fund.

perhaps we should have done one back when it would have raised way more..

a few 1000k btc to build everything we need and get a lot of extra coders to push bay mobile and get some whales on board.

still could be worth looking at

SDC's version is quite clever in a way giving more bonus for sdc holdings.

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:41:13 PM

Not at all. But BitBay has had the missfurtune to be scammed by the Patrick/Steven Dai, the founder of Qtum. He was also the founder of BitBay, and he took the money and ran. If it had not been for David who has given years of his life to do work he had not signed up for, BitBay would have been dead, and the investors would have lost everything.

Bitbay could one day be an example for the world for one of the most nicely executed resurgences
R-J-F

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:06:31 PM

Bitbay could one day be an example for the world for one of the most nicely executed resurgences

The degree of professionalism in this project is very high. I thing a lot of others could learn from this as there aren't many coin projects I would call professional.

Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: