Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CryptoKidd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:34:59 PM

1 billion coins in circulation?!  Why would anyone buy knowing that there are a billion coins in peoples wallets, most waiting to be dumped? That's a pretty tough a wall for most investors to climb.

I also feel people who make these comments need a lot more education before investing real money.

Number of tokens means 0 when making investment decisions.

The distribution of the tokens and MC are far more important. More important still is the real value of the project in the context of others here.

Why would people be waiting to dump at 30m when there are projects with 100M to 1B with less going for them.

I don't know where you picked up your education but I can guarantee you it's not worth half of mine Smiley

This coin is not Ripple, and will most likely have dumpers dumping most of the billion coins in wallets, far more often than investors investing. 

Good luck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:42:36 PM

1 billion coins in circulation?!  Why would anyone buy knowing that there are a billion coins in peoples wallets, most waiting to be dumped? That's a pretty tough a wall for most investors to climb.

I also feel people who make these comments need a lot more education before investing real money.

The distribution of the tokens and MC are far more important. More important still is the real value of the project in the context of others here.

Why would people be waiting to dump at 30m when there are projects with 100M to 1B with less going for them.

I don't know where you picked up your education but I can guarantee you it's not worth half of mine Smiley

This coin is not Ripple, and will most likely have dumpers dumping most of the billion coins in wallets, far more often than investors investing.  

Good luck

You don't know but can then make guarantees based upon that. Hmmm I see.

Okay, if that's your explanation then that's fine. Stay out and get in with Ripple.
We'll review in a few months.
Meanwhile - I'll go back in time and tell XEM and bitshares holders  that they should have dumped out at a 30M cap. Actually, they have billionS of tokens so they are not going anywhere either.

The only part of your post that makes any sense is the " I don't know" segment.

I mean imagine if what you have said is a general rule then how do projects with billions of tokens increase in value at all?

Again I'll ask you why would you dump your share of a project if you consider it is below market value compared to other projects regardless of the amount of tokens it is divided into?

If this is the only factor you take into consideration then investing must be easy for you. Just find the projects with the smallest minting.
Let us know how that works out for you.

CryptoKidd

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:27:23 PM

Good luck

Okay, if that's your explanation then that's fine. Stay out and get in with Ripple.
Meanwhile - I'll go back in time and tell XEM and bitshares holders  that they should have dumped out at a 30M cap. Actually, they have billionS of tokens so they are not going anywhere either.

I mean imagine if what you have said is a general rule then how do projects with billions of tokens increase in value at all?

Again I'll ask you why would you dump your share of a project if you consider it is below market value compared to other projects regardless of the amount of tokens it is divided into?

If this is the only factor you take into consideration then investing must be easy for you. Just find the projects with the smallest minting.

You (not sure where you can speak for the "us" in this coin?) can spray your theme how - 1 billion coins in existing wallets of a currency that has little to show, and "David" as its development, that's trying to come back from a previously poor existence, is a "good thing", all you want, but investors can see through most of that talk.

It may survive continuous dumping, of the billion coins out there, and lack of development, but IMHO, I doubt it.

Like I said, good luck - to all here.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:44:59 PM

Good luck

How educated a person is has nothing to do with how much money they spend on school in the same way that a currencies worth is not in any way related to its supply.

The supply is ambiguous (look at Dogecoin for example)

Marketcap = Supply * Price
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:43:38 AM

I see a few mentions of "smart contract" although they point out their definition of it. Is it actually ERC20 compatible? It doesn't seem like it but just curious.
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:02:14 AM

Good luck

Sadly common sense just isn't that common anymore.

You never bet the horse, you bet the jockey!

I came over from BLK because of David Z...dude rocks and I will follow good talent anywhere!

And Dave, you are Gold Brother!

I'm just along for the ride, cause I "do know" Tongue
..(no fancy education needed)

poop
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

I see a few mentions of "smart contract" although they point out their definition of it. Is it actually ERC20 compatible? It doesn't seem like it but just curious.

Halo's double deposit escrow was the worlds first smart contracts which is what I've used in BitBay. Its an entirely different and practical way to do contracting in the real world. Instead of ETH "pie in the sky", "your computer will mow your lawn, make your toast and take your dog for a walk" contracts, double deposit eliminates the element of human and computer error by using the deposits as a disincentive(no more middle men or deception). And you can code literally anything on top of that.

Also, its hard to improve upon double deposit escrow no matter how fancy your computer code gets. Thus ETH wouldn't be able to improve on DDE simply implement it in a contract.

My software existed years before Ethereum, I actually had to google ERC20. It is possible to make a double deposit contract in ETH but it would be no use because it requires a tremendous amount of UI/UX and communication work. And really I don't see anyone else doing it. It's possible we are still years ahead of the competition.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:41:43 AM

Good luck

Sadly common sense just isn't that common anymore.

You never bet the horse, you bet the jockey!

I came over from BLK because of David Z...dude rocks and I will follow good talent anywhere!

And Dave, you are Gold Brother!

I'm just along for the ride, cause I "do know" Tongue
..(no fancy education needed)

Thanks! Well I can tell you this much, its been one helluva ride! No matter what happens in crypto in the next couples years I know one thing. It won't be boring.  Grin
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:52:31 PM

anyone have a problem with qt wallet not connecting to network?

*edit, connected after 30 minutes

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:48:40 AM

Good luck

You (not sure where you can speak for the "us" in this coin?) can spray your theme how - 1 billion coins in existing wallets of a currency that has little to show, and "David" as its development, that's trying to come back from a previously poor existence, is a "good thing", all you want, but investors can see through most of that talk.

It may survive continuous dumping, of the billion coins out there, and lack of development, but IMHO, I doubt it.

Sir, I see you are trying to sync your LITEDOGE wallet and hoping it goes to the MOON. DO YOU KNOW how many coins there are in circulation? I guess not.

14 BILLION, GTFO, sorry, no time for incompetence. hahaha. bye now.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:54:44 AM

anyone have a problem with qt wallet not connecting to network?

*edit, connected after 30 minutes

I'm going to check and update the seed nodes attached. I think they may be out of date. The issue was we had no dedicated nodes in the last build so it was a long list of like 20 nodes we had on chainz. I will make sure to check those and maybe run a couple more nodes in the next update. In the meantime anyone who has a long wait connecting on a new download can certainly go here and add nodes from the list found here in network:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:09:47 AM

How's everyone doing? Good to see bitbay performing so well. David's hardword is finally paying off!!  Grin

I can't seem to recall where I put my wallet.  Sad

Hey unusualfacts30!
Glad to see you pop in to the thread.

Where is the last place your remember running your wallet? Is it on a thumb drive by chance?

Smiley It's good to see old members are still here. I put it in a external hdd somewhere in 2014 but can't seem to find it.

On no, well good luck finding it. And be careful with old hard drives. I think the best backup is M-Disc because those last 100 years. Hard drives can go bad after a couple years of non-use. Printing on paper is also a good habit.

Hey man, I had put it in multiple PC and flash drive as a back up but can't find it. May be I renamed it to something else. oh well... hopefully I'll find it soon. Good work.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
CryptoKidd

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:26:00 AM

Good luck

Sir, I see you are trying to sync your LITEDOGE wallet and hoping it goes to the MOON. DO YOU KNOW how many coins there are in circulation? I guess not.

14 BILLION, GTFO, sorry, no time for incompetence. hahaha. bye now.

For the uneducated hanging out trolling the educated (btw, it's ok, that's how most uneducated people learn) - I made 5 BTC off of LiteDoge because I bought into it with a market cap of 1 million. This coin and Litedoge are not that far off - billions of coins, trying to come back from a poor performance, weak dev team, etc.  However, this one has a market cap way over what it should be.

Johnny00

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:38:52 AM

Only 5btc. I made 12 btc off bay. Bought when it was 80 Satoshi. What's your point? Litedoge has nothing to offer.

Jealous much? Keep trolling. Bay won't go I a price you can afford. No reason to argue over education and the fact you bring it up means you barely finished high school.

I guess you are still upset buying potcoin at the top and hold in bags if useless lol

|
We plan to invest over
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
whale_shark

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:24:06 AM

the number in circulation has absolutely nothing to do with it. Its all about MK

currently mooncoin and bitbay have the same MK

if i spend $300k on mooncoin i get 1% of mooncoin
if i spend $300k on bitbay i get 1% of bitbay

you get it!?

also you "lack of development" note just goes to show you know nothing about crypto. Bitbay has the most advanced wallet in crypto! show me 1 thats better?

what this guy said - these newbies need to educate themselves because they are embarrassing themselves
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:17:44 PM

Price is going up,and I have feeling,what here will be lot of trolls,who didn't buy bay,when it was cheap Smiley

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:26:58 PM

Price is going up,and I have feeling,what here will be lot of trolls,who didn't buy bay,when it was cheap Smiley
It is still cheap if you compare it with other crypto.I believe coins with huge supply like 1 billion tahes a very long time to go high.That said bitbay is great and has potential

CryptoKidd

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:19:12 PM

Only 5btc. I made 12 btc off bay. Bought when it was 80 Satoshi. What's your point? Litedoge has nothing to offer.

Jealous much? Keep trolling. Bay won't go I a price you can afford. No reason to argue over education and the fact you bring it up means you barely finished high school.

I guess you are still upset buying potcoin at the top and hold in bags if useless lol

You made 12 btc off of bitbay, bought at 80 sats.  So that means it to took you 9 months to make 12x your $200 investment - BTC was $200 back in the fall.  Holding onto your BTC would have made you 12 BTC.  You still living in your Mom's basement?  Did she lend you the $200 for the 1 bitcoin back then?  I made my 5 BTC in less than 2 weeks on ldoge.

Keep holding your bay...your 12 btc is depleting fast while the billion are being dumped. You lost another 2 btc in the last 24 hours, and what, over 4 BTC over the last few days?  Hope mom doesn't ask for rent in BTC...you may have none left the way it's going down.

Keep on pumpin!

Wink
Johnny00

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:26:06 PM

You made 12 btc off of bitbay, bought at 80 sats.  So that means it to took you 9 months to make 12x your $200 investment - BTC was $200 back in the fall.  Holding onto your BTC would have made you 12 BTC.  You still living in your Mom's basement?  Did she lend you the $200 for the 1 bitcoin back then?  I made my 5 BTC in less than 2 weeks on ldoge.

Keep holding your bay...your 12 btc is depleting fast while the billion are being dumped. You lost another 2 btc in the last 24 hours, and what, over 4 BTC over the last few days?  Hope mom doesn't ask for rent in BTC...you may have none left the way it's going down.

Keep on pumpin!

Wink

sure you did. no point talking to someone who just trolls and shills. enjoy your litedoge.

i have over 100 btc's, how many do you have. You seem to make up numbers. i had a dedicated thread of proof.

Come on over and talk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1846004.440;topicseen

All your past posts make you sound like a newbie. It's okay, you missed a lot. How's your potcoin bag holding up?

You sound like a child which i assume you are. Coming here to FUD for no reason other then you are jealous.

|
We plan to invest over
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
Edward_Cryptonit

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:03:44 PM

Hi,

Sorry to ask, perhaps it has already been discussed a few pages ago, but don't seem to find any relevant information search - any hint  how to make the old key (wallet.dat) work? The new client has been completely upgraded, so not really sure how to make it work.

Thanks in advance for an advise.

Cryptonit.net - reliable cryptocurrency exchange.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: