Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

Bay of course is superior in every way except for community size and also we don't have much in the way of exchanges right now.

I notice blackcoin rising past us. That is particularly strange because without halo why would you go for blackcoin over bitbay. I find it strange their cap is higher than bitbays. I sold most of mine to get bitbay. Good move of course since bitbay was practically nothing then.

I see they are mentioning they have cold staking now. Kind of annoying. Do they have the voting system too?

How can we stop them attracting investors away from bitbay with tech they are getting for free? We need to ensure their version of halo is not as advanced as bitbays. If i had my way I would extract halo from them altogether.

True story. I was chatting to someone with a 5k BTC portfolio with no bitbay?? when i asked why he said bitbay has nothing of its own.. you have blackcoins codebase and halo neither is bitbay exclusive so you have nothing. He has millions of sys coins because he wants exclusive tech? but then sys is open source code so how is that exclusive? Im not saying its a bad project and is in fact good but no chance worth 3x bay.

Anyway something needs to be done about this issue really. These are not the first people to have said similar things to me when I try to get them over to bitbay or at least to get some bitbay in their portfolio even if they are not going to go wild on any one project.

Any word on something new coming out for bitbay. Something we can boast is a big first without blackcoin saying snap straight after?

Cold staking was a joint effort between Blackcoins dev rat4 and David, so it's fair that blackcoin has it too. All the other new features are/will be exclusive for BitBay for a long time. Blackcoin will only get bug fixes. And pegging will be BitBay only.

This thread looks a bit slow too. I appreciate slack is useful but there is a huge influx of new people arriving here. This thread should be on page 1 of the ANN section really at all times.

We should be discussing features and who we can market them to on here constantly.

I know david is busy coding but where are the rest of the core? How many people are in the core and who are they on this board?

As you said the activity is mostly on slack. That's simply because slack is a better tool for team efforts than this forum. So the discussions are in slack, but decisions are announced here.

Rest of core is in slack of course  Smiley There are now 15 members in core. I'm one of them. We will present all or part of the team in OP, but first we need to reorganize the team. This is a process we are in now, and I will make an announcement about it this week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:16:42 PM

Yeah just like munti said, I promised our core that all new templates and feature go exclusively to us. So cryptohunter your friend is incorrect to hold so much Sys when they have centralized arbiter and doesn't solve any real world problems. He needs to understand that BitHalo only gets bug updates from here forward. Exotic spending and all the remaining templates go here only until potentially a long time after pegging. Whatever achieves maximum impact for the people invested here.

Currently, investing in Bitbay is no the only way to truly invest in Halo. I don't control Blackcoins codebase and since people here invested in Halo directly they deserve to see it succeed. BitHalo/BlackHalo is still my product and baby but we have the rolling peg and a lot of other things here.

Also our markets work and have hundreds of little features that Sys doesn't have. So it's a bit funny to me to see the projects being compared. If you have trustless markets you need trustless escrow or your markets simply aren't trustless.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:19:06 PM

this coin needs a light wallet. this will help i think.

and if this is not possible then we need a fast download of the wallet. i still did not download the wallet because it takes years to do it.

We have a bootstrap. I should update that actually. For now the QT is "lite"
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:59:07 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 03:18:48 AM by R-J-F

its about time people people started investing in actual product rather than what they think will pump! I mean today $25m invested in Doge!!?? WHY . .. .

when the real money comes to crypro (billionaire investors) they will know where to put there money! and it wont be on coins with vapourware and pictures of Dogs!

The thing about doge is they have a large community that does count for more than people realise. At its peak doge community was second only to btc and still tx wise they do a lot of tx.

There are worse coins pumping far harder. I quite like doge. It works well for what it is meant to achieve anyway.

Bay of course is superior in every way except for community size and also we don't have much in the way of exchanges right now.

I notice blackcoin rising past us. That is particularly strange because without halo why would you go for blackcoin over bitbay. I find it strange their cap is higher than bitbays. I sold most of mine to get bitbay. Good move of course since bitbay was practically nothing then.

I see they are mentioning they have cold staking now. Kind of annoying. Do they have the voting system too?

How can we stop them attracting investors away from bitbay with tech they are getting for free? We need to ensure their version of halo is not as advanced as bitbays. If i had my way I would extract halo from them altogether.

True story. I was chatting to someone with a 5k BTC portfolio with no bitbay?? when i asked why he said bitbay has nothing of its own.. you have blackcoins codebase and halo neither is bitbay exclusive so you have nothing. He has millions of sys coins because he wants exclusive tech? but then sys is open source code so how is that exclusive? Im not saying its a bad project and is in fact good but no chance worth 3x bay.

Anyway something needs to be done about this issue really. These are not the first people to have said similar things to me when I try to get them over to bitbay or at least to get some bitbay in their portfolio even if they are not going to go wild on any one project.

Any word on something new coming out for bitbay. Something we can boast is a big first without blackcoin saying snap straight after?

This thread looks a bit slow too. I appreciate slack is useful but there is a huge influx of new people arriving here. This thread should be on page 1 of the ANN section really at all times.

We should be discussing features and who we can market them to on here constantly.

I know david is busy coding but where are the rest of the core? How many people are in the core and who are they on this board?

What, exactly do you mean by "core"?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:26:39 AM

Top 3 assets trading against the grain and beating bitcoin in the current hurricane rally...

(Ratios are against Bitcoin, not $USD Wink )

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:18:13 AM

Oops. Stats out of date already. Sorry about that Wink

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:26:06 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 10:44:41 AM by cryptohunter

Yeah just like munti said, I promised our core that all new templates and feature go exclusively to us. So cryptohunter your friend is incorrect to hold so much Sys when they have centralized arbiter and doesn't solve any real world problems. He needs to understand that BitHalo only gets bug updates from here forward. Exotic spending and all the remaining templates go here only until potentially a long time after pegging. Whatever achieves maximum impact for the people invested here.

Currently, investing in Bitbay is no the only way to truly invest in Halo. I don't control Blackcoins codebase and since people here invested in Halo directly they deserve to see it succeed. BitHalo/BlackHalo is still my product and baby but we have the rolling peg and a lot of other things here.

Also our markets work and have hundreds of little features that Sys doesn't have. So it's a bit funny to me to see the projects being compared. If you have trustless markets you need trustless escrow or your markets simply aren't trustless.

He was happy with my answers which I took from this thread. I had told him this mostly already seemed needed confirmation. Anyway he is onboard now and picked up some.

Need a bunch more real investors not the churning pest day traders.

Look at this today, this typical of people constantly churning and selling hoping to get back in lower. Hope they get priced out and left behind. These are not real long term investors that have an interest in the project at all.

I really hope we will come up with something that will attract accumulation and long term holding asap. We need tiers and ranks. People like to aim for something and get a rank too with a decent reward. Seen it done successfully in a few other projects too. The psychological element can not be underestimated.

As soon as a person buys some up a bunch of churners are dumping and buying back lower because weak hands with no incentive to hold are dumping to them on any moves. We need to get rid of day traders and scalpers as much as we can and encourage long term holding and saving of the tokens.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:40:53 AM

Oops. Stats out of date already. Sorry about that Wink

that's pretty remarkable!

@david, please update the bootstrap  Wink and point me out where to download it! thx
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:52:36 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 11:16:36 AM by cryptohunter

its about time people people started investing in actual product rather than what they think will pump! I mean today $25m invested in Doge!!?? WHY . .. .

when the real money comes to crypro (billionaire investors) they will know where to put there money! and it wont be on coins with vapourware and pictures of Dogs!

The thing about doge is they have a large community that does count for more than people realise. At its peak doge community was second only to btc and still tx wise they do a lot of tx.

There are worse coins pumping far harder. I quite like doge. It works well for what it is meant to achieve anyway.

There is  a core of a few people that are constantly helping david with things.... I have no idea who they are except munti or what exactly they do. I think they help testing features and such. I think to become part of the core you would need to prove substantial bay holdings else you could come in and steal their ideas and such which i fully agree with. Not just anyone should be able to be part of the core. I expect that
cr197 is a core member just because he does a lot of great work for bitbay and makes those excellent videos etc. Munti probably does a lot in the background invisible to this forum but perhaps very visible on slack. I don't care much for slack this board is more important to me it keeps bay highly visible for incoming new investors. To me this board is crypto central and you want to look active and interesting on here. I know slack is good for the dev side of things.

I think in return they are privy to the latest ideas and updates before the rest of the people get to know. However I mean if what bay already has and we know is coming is not enough reason to hold and accumulate then of course there is no alt worth holding or accumulating.

game_changer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:06:03 PM

the tides are changing over the last few weeks. Proper true investors are enterig crypto and looking for serious game gaming tech! ARISE CHICKUN!
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:47:40 PM

There is  a core of a few people that are constantly helping david with things.... I have no idea who they are except munti or what exactly they do. I think they help testing features and such. I think to become part of the core you would need to prove substantial bay holdings else you could come in and steal their ideas and such which i fully agree with. Not just anyone should be able to be part of the core. I expect that
cr197 is a core member just because he does a lot of great work for bitbay and makes those excellent videos etc. Munti probably does a lot in the background invisible to this forum but perhaps very visible on slack. I don't care much for slack this board is more important to me it keeps bay highly visible for incoming new investors. To me this board is crypto central and you want to look active and interesting on here. I know slack is good for the dev side of things.

I think in return they are privy to the latest ideas and updates before the rest of the people get to know. However I mean if what bay already has and we know is coming is not enough reason to hold and accumulate then of course there is no alt worth holding or accumulating.

Thanks for the concise explanation. I wish I could do more to help but, I'm so busy right now in "real" life it would not work out, perhaps down the road. I do defend BAY anywhere I see it being treated unfairly and I will mention it's features anywhere someone is looking for a quality investment. I invested in the ICO and currently hold about 5M Bay adding when possible and other family members have around 250K so you can see we believe in the project! Oh, and I agree with you on SLACK, great place to get work done, not so much to introduce new users or keep up on whats happening when you have a tight schedule.

Ever forward!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:49:17 PM

Thanks for the concise explanation. I wish I could do more to help but, I'm so busy right now in "real" life it would not work out, perhaps down the road. I do defend BAY anywhere I see it being treated unfairly and I will mention it's features anywhere someone is looking for a quality investment. I invested in the ICO and currently hold about 5M Bay adding when possible and other family members have around 250K so you can see we believe in the project! Oh, and I agree with you on SLACK, great place to get work done, not so much to introduce new users or keep up on whats happening when you have a tight schedule.

Ever forward!

No problem. 5M is a very good amount of bay. Good stuff holding since the ICO too.

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:04:23 PM

While all Alts are down it is pleasant to see bitbay almost double from when it was when all aits were rising.
It is difficult to understand market, any reason for such a sudden rise that too when btc is breaking new records and Alts suffering?

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:44:39 PM

Looks like BTER is just going to ignore my support requests regarding my BAY they are holding hostage (or have sold) . What type of exchange is this? Why do chinese continue trading there?

Munti

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:33:53 PM

Looks like BTER is just going to ignore my support requests regarding my BAY they are holding hostage (or have sold) . What type of exchange is this? Why do chinese continue trading there?

Bter may have (had) some small wallets that I don't know about. But if your Bay where in one of their main wallets, they are gone. All moved to Bittrex and sold. So I'd say chances are small you will ever get them back.  Embarrassed
As to why anyone uses Bter, I'd like to know that too

Munti

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:35:26 PM

While all Alts are down it is pleasant to see bitbay almost double from when it was when all aits were rising.
It is difficult to understand market, any reason for such a sudden rise that too when btc is breaking new records and Alts suffering?

I don't think anyone can give you a reason, but it is a fact that Bay often goes up on a btc bull run

ljb281

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Is it possible to stake on a Raspberry Pi?

My computer is on it's last leg and would like to stake while I build a new rig.
Munti

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:16:30 PM

My computer is on it's last leg and would like to stake while I build a new rig.

I believe someone tried it, and found that the rasberry doesn't have enough memory to be efficient for staking.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:20:24 PM

I wouldnt worry about it at this moment until the stake is updated it is running at a tiny level right now. Unless you have 10's of millions.

ljb281

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:45:58 PM

I wouldnt worry about it at this moment until the stake is updated it is running at a tiny level right now. Unless you have 10's of millions.

Don't make assumptions on my wallet size.
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: