Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:39:51 PM

Pretty sure I invested in BAY at the ICO. I logged into BTER and nothing there. What happened to BAY and is there a way to get my coins?

Read this quote from David explaining the situation to someone else:

"Unfortunately BTER owner is a thief. In addition to the problems we had with them, they also stole millions of btc in a "hack" later, dumped their bay and delisted it. If you want it back you will have to talk to the owner Lin or try filing a ticket or complaint with them. To be honest, i'm shocked the exchange still exists after everything they have done."

Lin from BTER screwed us all back then, no doubt about that but, through his tireless efforts and hard work, David has brought BAY back and is taking it into the future with one the most comprehensive feature sets in crypto. I doubt very much you will get anything from Lin, the thief who owns BTER but, you could buy BAY now and reap the rewards in the near future as this project is taking off...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:26:35 PM

Hello,

My $50 Steam Gift Card is now re listed on the Bitbay Market for $40

Thanks
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:36:16 PM

Pretty sure I invested in BAY at the ICO. I logged into BTER and nothing there. What happened to BAY and is there a way to get my coins?

Read this quote from David explaining the situation to someone else:

"Unfortunately BTER owner is a thief. In addition to the problems we had with them, they also stole millions of btc in a "hack" later, dumped their bay and delisted it. If you want it back you will have to talk to the owner Lin or try filing a ticket or complaint with them. To be honest, i'm shocked the exchange still exists after everything they have done."

Lin from BTER screwed us all back then, no doubt about that but, through his tireless efforts and hard work, David has brought BAY back and is taking it into the future with one the most comprehensive feature sets in crypto. I doubt very much you will get anything from Lin, the thief who owns BTER but, you could buy BAY now and reap the rewards in the near future as this project is taking off...

Thanks for the quick reply. Real shame that my BAY was basically stolen. Has David any facility to reissue lost funds or did the whole community basically get robbed? Is this a new coin/blockchain or the same one?

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:44:41 PM

https://bter.com/trade/bay_btc

My balance still shows just no market and ability to withdraw. I messaged support. Still waiting on a response. Their reputation is so bad as it is, I dont know what incentive they would have to give me back my funds.

Morguk

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:56:27 PM

My balance still shows just no market and ability to withdraw. I messaged support. Still waiting on a response. Their reputation is so bad as it is, I dont know what incentive they would have to give me back my funds.

I can see my balance! Yeh just how do I withdrawal. Submitted a ticket, fingers crossed.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:11:59 PM

I can see my balance! Yeh just how do I withdrawal. Submitted a ticket, fingers crossed.

Perhaps if enough of us spring from the woodwork's they'll do something about letting us withdrawal; as to avoid bad PR.

They wouldn't have just sold off our BAY for themselves would they? How do they think that would turn out for them in the long run?

Morguk

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:20:58 PM

Well it's weird they have no withdrawal option, but it's good news you can still find the balance by using the link you provided. I think we should all contact them and otherwise start a twitter campaign lol.

JammyDodger

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:35:57 PM

Hi guys, sorry for the noob question, I have 999.999 coins in my Bitbay market wallet to test the system, I have it unlocked and staking enabled, but Im not getting any rewards from this. How long does it normally take to see earnings from staking?

Thanks
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:02:11 PM

Hi guys, sorry for the noob question, I have 999.999 coins in my Bitbay market wallet to test the system, I have it unlocked and staking enabled, but Im not getting any rewards from this. How long does it normally take to see earnings from staking?

Thanks

is that just under 1M or just under 1000?

if the latter then I think it could take some time and until the stake % is fixed I wouldnt bother about it anyway unless you just want to see how it works.

Right now its 1.5 coins and will soon be 20.5 when its fixed soon.

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:20:33 AM

To execute a Smart Contract, both parties must keep more or equal amount of negotiation.This is makes it affordable only to privileged ones.
1.If I want to sell say my bmw car which is the only valuable asset I have when I am broke, I can not create a Smart Contract to sell through bitbay because I need equal amount of my car value to keep in a joint account.
2.If buyer also keep only half amount in joint account,he would let Funds destroyed once he get car because he will only lose %50 of car value

Assman

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:05:44 AM

Thanks

The wallet shows an estimate of how long in relation to your coins if you hover over it, if I remember correctly

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:46:45 AM

To execute a Smart Contract, both parties must keep more or equal amount of negotiation.This is makes it affordable only to privileged ones.
1.If I want to sell say my bmw car which is the only valuable asset I have when I am broke, I can not create a Smart Contract to sell through bitbay because I need equal amount of my car value to keep in a joint account.
2.If buyer also keep only half amount in joint account,he would let Funds destroyed once he get car because he will only lose %50 of car value

This isn't true. The deposits are cusomtized. And buyer advances payment usually. So if buyer doesn't release funds he loses advanced payment and deposit but deposit can be 25% or 50% or even 0%. There is even unilateral decision a guarantor contracts.

So you as a seller can easily sell the car with just a small amount of collateral. A power seller who has a good reputation may place much smaller deposits.

Everything in this software is customizable. We only recommend equal deposit with new untrusted sellers. But there is also a reputation system and their risk of default is mathematically predicable. When we do the rolling peg even having frozen funds as.collateral may be an option.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:05:44 AM

Well it's weird they have no withdrawal option, but it's good news you can still find the balance by using the link you provided. I think we should all contact them and otherwise start a twitter campaign lol.

Yeah I tried calling Steven and Lin there was no chance for me. I had 3 btc stolen on their exchange, no luck getting it back. They are so rotten i wish i had time to fly to china. Thats the only language they understand.

As far as things like court obviously its a waste of our time. As I've been spending 2 years coding this and the community just keeps spreading and our slack is over 500 members.

I really hope anyone who had funds there gets them. There was months of warnings of delisting but obviously its something that can be missed if you aren't always checking this thread. I highly doubt they sent emails. Knowing Lin, he probably sold the coins that weren't his. And Steven started Qtum under the name Patrick and is stealing again. Even when everyone knew it, Ver and the others still backed Qtum. Totally absurd.

Whatever you guys need to do, even if it means tweeting them or sending PMs. Be persistent and please let me know how it goes.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:24:48 AM

Anyone else reached out to btc38? or any other exchanges even cryptopia?

Be great if we are one of the first on blocknet too. I think DEX's are going to be huge in the next year or 2.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:41:59 PM

its about time people people started investing in actual product rather than what they think will pump! I mean today $25m invested in Doge!!?? WHY . .. .

when the real money comes to crypro (billionaire investors) they will know where to put there money! and it wont be on coins with vapourware and pictures of Dogs!

Well, Doge is a rather safe place to hide your money if that's what you want to do. Some folks don't want it to appreciate, they just want it to be invisible. There are all sorts of reasons to hold crypto and not all are looking for the price to change...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:02:14 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 06:22:30 PM by cryptohunter

its about time people people started investing in actual product rather than what they think will pump! I mean today $25m invested in Doge!!?? WHY . .. .

when the real money comes to crypro (billionaire investors) they will know where to put there money! and it wont be on coins with vapourware and pictures of Dogs!

The thing about doge is they have a large community that does count for more than people realise. At its peak doge community was second only to btc and still tx wise they do a lot of tx.

There are worse coins pumping far harder. I quite like doge. It works well for what it is meant to achieve anyway.

Bay of course is superior in every way except for community size and also we don't have much in the way of exchanges right now.

I notice blackcoin rising past us. That is particularly strange because without halo why would you go for blackcoin over bitbay. I find it strange their cap is higher than bitbays. I sold most of mine to get bitbay. Good move of course since bitbay was practically nothing then.

I see they are mentioning they have cold staking now. Kind of annoying. Do they have the voting system too?

How can we stop them attracting investors away from bitbay with tech they are getting for free? We need to ensure their version of halo is not as advanced as bitbays. If i had my way I would extract halo from them altogether.

True story. I was chatting to someone with a 5k BTC portfolio with no bitbay?? when i asked why he said bitbay has nothing of its own.. you have blackcoins codebase and halo neither is bitbay exclusive so you have nothing. He has millions of sys coins because he wants exclusive tech? but then sys is open source code so how is that exclusive? Im not saying its a bad project and is in fact good but no chance worth 3x bay.

Anyway something needs to be done about this issue really. These are not the first people to have said similar things to me when I try to get them over to bitbay or at least to get some bitbay in their portfolio even if they are not going to go wild on any one project.

Any word on something new coming out for bitbay. Something we can boast is a big first without blackcoin saying snap straight after?

This thread looks a bit slow too. I appreciate slack is useful but there is a huge influx of new people arriving here. This thread should be on page 1 of the ANN section really at all times.

We should be discussing features and who we can market them to on here constantly.

I know david is busy coding but where are the rest of the core? How many people are in the core and who are they on this board?

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:18:38 PM

this coin needs a light wallet. this will help i think.

and if this is not possible then we need a fast download of the wallet. i still did not download the wallet because it takes years to do it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:20:37 PM

this coins needs a light wallet. this will help i think.

and if this is not possible then we need a fast download of the wallet. i still did not download the wallet beaches it takes years to do it.

We did have a snapshot from kiklo but i am not sure if that still works for some reason.
TBH this wallet is very fast to sync compared to many many other wallets.

kc.

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

uh-huh

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:31:50 PM

BAY is amazing but it needs a marketing push imo.

Join the largest & most active Crypto Discord Server
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:14:14 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 07:44:06 PM by Bee Cho Chen

I absolutely agree. BAY is one of the best projects out there. A true top 5 contender. It almost has an endless amount of features. Some which are/will only be exclusive to BAY. The rolling peg will be a total game changer. Like Cryptohunter said, I am shocked that Syscoin is so much more than BAY and that Blackcoin is even around us. BAY is the best of the bunch, imo.

Here is a giant list of a bunch of features one of us compiled a few months ago. It probably has more as of today and is still growing.

*Unbreakable contracts (Peer to Peer no blockchain bloat)
*Decentralized Anonymous Markets (Peer to Peer no blockchain bloat stronger than Tor)
*Multisignature wallets with dual passwords hidden inside of PNG/JPG images using steganography
*Automated Joint accounts and the ability to sign transactions with 2 computers (hard core security)
*User Friendly Templates for contracts
*Training videos
*Ability to hide any file in an image
*IMAP under the hood full integration with Email, automated negotiation of contracts
*Price tracking so orders always maintain price
*Bitmessage fully integrated decentralized email and markets
*Translates to 92 languages using Google Translate
*Unique change management system which breaks all the change into denominations
*Easy to use accounting panel
*Live Python Debugger, run the interpreter within the software
*Advanced sending with multipay options
*"Pay To Email" tipping system. Hide payments in images direct to email.
*Everything is automated
*Full Offer/Counter-Offer negotiation system.
*Escrow panel with tons of options, anonymous chat
*Feedback and reputation system, see how many contracts gained and lost
*Serverless, everything is Peer to Peer
*Decentralized moderation keys available to trusted users
*Custom contracts and all kinds of contact options
*Start your own market, completely anonymous
*Cash for coins template
*Custom contract template (can do anything you want if you are
familiar with it)
Implications of DDE(Double Deposit Escrow) Smart Contracts and their use cases:
Decentralized "Local Bitcoins": Send wires without the fear of theft due to Double deposit
Decentralized exchange of cash for coins
Buy/Sell anything without "Empty Box Scam" NO ARBITER NEEDED. It is self enforcing trade even with untrusted parties
So it works like a decentralized trustless ebay... NO MIDDLEMEN, NO ESCROW NEEDED
Works like decentralized Freelancer/Odesk
Unbreakable Employee contracts. FORCE people to HONOR their word! No more unreliable employees, employers forced to pay as well.
Barter ANYTHING. Use the coins only as self-assurance. Form a farm co-op trade Gold for Silver, Iron for Wheat. No need to use coins can decouple completely from currency.
Some of the templates are still being worked on to make it "Mom friendly" so that it takes as few clicks as possible to form a contract. No need to think of "terms and conditions" contracts are anonymous and self-enforcing. Here is some of the features that we are working on in 2017:
*Exotic spending... we will have the worlds first client to support time locks in the UI, deadmans switch and burn and parking and freezing coins all supported within the UI.
*Cold Staking for both BitBay and BlackHalo... stake using two computers, impossible to hack. Its basically joint account staking
*Custom Staking with Voting! Completely trustless voting and donations via staking.
*Anti-Keylogger: A special on-screen keyboard to obliterate keyloggers once and for all. Even mouse movement loggers will be no match for this unless every movement is recorded
*Tor and proxy options for internet requests
*Buy/Sell template featuring multiple shipping options including a calculator and options to bill in escrow
*Employment template featuring the ability for weekly reports and auto-payment within contract. Payments contingent on reports
*Barter contract with amazing "wish list" where each item can be calculated converting kilograms to hours and ability to know exactly how many "Avocados" you need for a pound of "Tomatoes". Perfect for farming co-op in 3rd world countries. Perfect for trading used items!
*Reverse auctions! Sellers bid for you the buyer
*Normal Auctions... Ebay style decentralized auctions
*Python contracts: Use the python interpreter to make contracts between peers. Pre-approved contracts potentially possible for verified devs and audited code on github.
*API And more!

If the right people new about this, BAY would explode. Like David said, marketing in China would be a great idea. Any marketing at all is good, though.

I also agree with keeping this thread on the first page. We can also post in threads like these to get BAY's name out there

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1300525.1520  "Alt coins worth buying"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1691917.420    "Best Altcoin to invest in for 2017 and WHY !!!"

Long live BAY

Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: