Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:57:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:42:34 AM

Hi All,

I am happy to see interest in BAY picking up.  I saw a few inquiries on pegging and what the future holds.  Next week I will be publishing an interview dzimbeck was gracious enough to do, where he explains BitBay's purpose, what has been happening and what we can expect next.  I will post a link to it here on BCT when it is finished, so be on the lookout.  Once you see it, if you could spread it around we can get even more people to take an interest and see what is happening around here.

Thanks!

Definitely waiting for this interview.
This is great,Thanks very much.

Marketing and communication are needed even for good projects like this one therefore this is very good on the long run. The more information the better. I personally invested in the ICO long ago and I've been watching this thread closely even though I don't contribute much.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:10:17 AM

Hi All,

I am happy to see interest in BAY picking up.  I saw a few inquiries on pegging and what the future holds.  Next week I will be publishing an interview dzimbeck was gracious enough to do, where he explains BitBay's purpose, what has been happening and what we can expect next.  I will post a link to it here on BCT when it is finished, so be on the lookout.  Once you see it, if you could spread it around we can get even more people to take an interest and see what is happening around here.

Thanks!

Marketing and communication are needed even for good projects like this one therefore this is very good on the long run. The more information the better. I personally invested in the ICO long ago and I've been watching this thread closely even though I don't contribute much.  Smiley

Same here, bought in at the ICO and still have complete faith in David's ability to see this project through.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:24:28 AM

Congrats David!
BitBay over 1 million market cap!
This is just the beginning!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:44:15 AM

Hi All,

Thanks!

Same here, bought in at the ICO and still have complete faith in David's ability to see this project through.

What is your best idea regarding having a 2nd dev?

Maybe Bitbay is ready to start crowdfunding specific projects?
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:30:25 AM

Hi All,

I am happy to see interest in BAY picking up.  I saw a few inquiries on pegging and what the future holds.  Next week I will be publishing an interview dzimbeck was gracious enough to do, where he explains BitBay's purpose, what has been happening and what we can expect next.  I will post a link to it here on BCT when it is finished, so be on the lookout.  Once you see it, if you could spread it around we can get even more people to take an interest and see what is happening around here.

Thanks!

Marketing and communication are needed even for good projects like this one therefore this is very good on the long run. The more information the better. I personally invested in the ICO long ago and I've been watching this thread closely even though I don't contribute much.  Smiley

What is your best idea regarding having a 2nd dev?

Maybe Bitbay is ready to start crowdfunding specific projects?

If BitBay keeps increasing we could entertain the idea. Skilled crypto devs are in very short supply most of them have their own projects.

For now I'm fine working on it alone. If you download it you will see how far we've come

Also yes, congrats guys... we are over 1 million. This is just the beginning
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:43:48 AM

volume building daily too Smiley

David have you tried to reach out to polo owner and have a chat with him?

I think after the latest template update polo could be just the exposure we need. Although moving up the top 100 MC is great for attracting attention also.

RJF19

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 09:18:32 PM

Get this error on Coinmarketcap.com when clicking on "Website" under BitBay specs:

"The bitbay.market page isn’t working

bitbay.market is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
cr197

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:14:23 PM

Get this error on Coinmarketcap.com when clicking on "Website" under BitBay specs:

HTTP ERROR 500"

That's weird. coinmarketcap website link works fine for me

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
RJF19

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 04:13:04 PM

HTTP ERROR 500"

That's weird. coinmarketcap website link works fine for me

Transient error, should have tried again later. All is well...

cr197

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:09:13 PM

So we have some great news!

Since day one, a core member has been tracking the accounts of the ICO thieves.
The good news is that he feels that they are almost completely out of coins finally!
I'll repost his recent update he posted on Slack.

sirlosealot [5:23 PM]  
Last call for cheap Bay!
Over the last 18 months 400-450 mil Bay have been dumped by 3 people. I assume you can imagine who those are. This is the reason why Bay has been priced so low for so long.
Rather to attempt to revert the blockchain to remove those coins stolen during the Bter hosted ICO, the community decided it would be best to remain true to the very core principal of crypto-currency by maintaining a decentralized blockchain.

The good news is the dumpers are now (almost) out. I have been tracking wallets in top 100 since January 2015 so I'm quite sure about this. There are only 3 mil left in the last of the big wallets (they may not be all his as this is a Bter wallet). I guesstimate the dumper has approx 5 mil more on Bittrex, and he may have a few more in wallets that have been to small to show up on my radar. So maybe 10 mil in total left in a worst case scenario. That's less than two days volume on Bittrex these days.

Still I'd like to add a disclaimer: I have not been tracking wallets below top 100, so there is no way for me to be sure dumper doesn't have more in small wallets.

Anyone wishes to join us on slack feel free to click on link below. We try our best to post info to both BCT and Slack as we get them.
http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:19:38 PM

The good news is that he feels that they are almost completely out of coins finally!

Last call for cheap Bay!
Over the last 18 months 400-450 mil Bay have been dumped by 3 people. I assume you can imagine who those are. This is the reason why Bay has been priced so low for so long.
Rather to attempt to revert the blockchain to remove those coins stolen during the Bter hosted ICO, the community decided it would be best to remain true to the very core principal of crypto-currency by maintaining a decentralized blockchain.

The good news is the dumpers are now (almost) out. I have been tracking wallets in top 100 since January 2015 so I'm quite sure about this. There are only 3 mil left in the last of the big wallets (they may not be all his as this is a Bter wallet). I guesstimate the dumper has approx 5 mil more on Bittrex, and he may have a few more in wallets that have been to small to show up on my radar. So maybe 10 mil in total left in a worst case scenario. That's less than two days volume on Bittrex these days.

Still I'd like to add a disclaimer: I have not been tracking wallets below top 100, so there is no way for me to be sure dumper doesn't have more in small wallets.

Anyone wishes to join us on slack feel free to click on link below. We try our best to post info to both BCT and Slack as we get them.

I don't get it, is people dumping and buying more than 18 months? Coz only 100 m bay existed.
cr197

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:25:37 PM

Last call for cheap Bay!

I don't get it, is people dumping and buying more than 18 months? Coz only 100 m bay existed.

Sorry for the confusion.
BitBay has a 1 billion coin supply plus stake interest.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitbay/

cr197

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:29:33 PM

Also!

Some more exciting news! Recently a investor that is working on creating the first open sourced blockchain hedge fund, has recently expressed his interest in BitBay's development as a potential 'Buy'.
You can find his BCT thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1596714.0

Add all of this with the upcoming release of an exclusive interview published by gjsteele71
Hi All,
I am happy to see interest in BAY picking up.  I saw a few inquiries on pegging and what the future holds.  Next week I will be publishing an interview dzimbeck was gracious enough to do, where he explains BitBay's purpose, what has been happening and what we can expect next.  I will post a link to it here on BCT when it is finished, so be on the lookout.  Once you see it, if you could spread it around we can get even more people to take an interest and see what is happening around here.

Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.msg16969208#msg16969208

And don't forget that David has a major update to the client around the end of the year!
Hopefully David will chime in later on what all we can expect at the end of the year release.

Exciting times ahead! Enjoy the cheap coins while you can get them!

RJF19

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:40:50 PM

David:

What are your thoughts on reducing the max coin supply? Or, will the supply be monitored and changed via lockout to make the peg work?

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:45:32 PM

David:

What are your thoughts on reducing the max coin supply?

Isn't that what pegging does by freezing? No reason to artificially reduce market cap before that is there?
RJF19

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:50:21 PM

David:

What are your thoughts on reducing the max coin supply?

Isn't that what pegging does by freezing? No reason to artificially reduce market cap before that is there?

Got it, just realized that after you answered. Sorry, early morning here...  Grin  In fact, I kinda realized it as I was typing the question, went back and edited it then, saw your reply. I really should'nt post anything until at least the first cup of cffee.. Duh

gjsteele71

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 03:18:21 PM

Hi All,

Thanks!

The Interview is ready.  It is long with a great deal of information I am looking forward to sharing with everyone.

David and I are coordinating the interview's release with updates he is deploying in the next week or so.  We are betting his current progress combined with some publicity from the interview will convince investors to check out BAY more closely.

Here is an excerpt from the finished article...

CCN – Can you walk me through your vision for BitBay?

David Z. – I was on the team when BitBay still consisted mostly of undeveloped ideas.  I was already working on decentralized markets with BitHalo, and the guys who brought me in just had a coin and a marketing plan.  The original idea for BitBay was an international market, much like EBay.  Unlike EBay though, BAY could be used to exchange anything, including the purchase of good and services, negotiating contracts, employment, and even in bartering.  Also, unlike EBay, there are no fees.  Perhaps most importantly, BitBay will be developed as a secure way for two entities to make any kind of unbreakable contract without the need for anyone else to be involved… no arbiters… no middle-man.  This unbreakable contract technology was already a feature I built into BitHalo the year before.  I was able to simply integrate it into BitBay.

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 03:56:35 PM

Hi All,

Thanks!

The Interview is ready.  It is long with a great deal of information I am looking forward to sharing with everyone.

David and I are coordinating the interview's release with updates he is deploying in the next week or so.  We are betting his current progress combined with some publicity from the interview will convince investors to check out BAY more closely.

David Z. – I was on the team when BitBay still consisted mostly of undeveloped ideas.  I was already working on decentralized markets with BitHalo, and the guys who brought me in just had a coin and a marketing plan.  The original idea for BitBay was an international market, much like EBay.  Unlike EBay though, BAY could be used to exchange anything, including the purchase of good and services, negotiating contracts, employment, and even in bartering.  Also, unlike EBay, there are no fees.  Perhaps most importantly, BitBay will be developed as a secure way for two entities to make any kind of unbreakable contract without the need for anyone else to be involved… no arbiters… no middle-man.  This unbreakable contract technology was already a feature I built into BitHalo the year before.  I was able to simply integrate it into BitBay.

Looks great where is the interview going to be published?

gjsteele71

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 05:03:29 PM

Looks great where is the interview going to be published?

I will be publishing on Medium and Steem.  I will be generating interest using various Slack, Reddit, and Bitcointalk threads.  I could really use everyone's help here though... If you have Twitter or are on Facebook, posting a link where others in the Crypto community will see it will be the best way to get the word out.

In addition, I am attempting to find a Crypto News site interested in picking it up.  If you know someone on a site such as BraveNewCoin, get me in touch with them and I will send them the article.

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:43:08 PM

Well done David! Your honesty and your true hard work will be recognized at last! I invested in Bay long ago during the BTER Ico and I've never sold those coins. I'm very much glad I resisted.
Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: