Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:36:52 PM

i would think a fair guess would be just above siscoins price which is around $5m

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:45:36 PM

Don't forget Ripple has over 36 billion coins and is centralized.
If you compared to them based on coins - that's .000288 btc per Bay

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
klex22

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:54:40 PM

can someone help me with buying the coins? on win10 (at least on my pc) clients gui is broken, i did get qt wallet to work on linux (didnt try on win10) but im not sure how to buy coins (i've heard u can buy them with paypal?).
Tnx for the help!
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:02:36 PM

can someone help me with buying the coins? on win10 (at least on my pc) clients gui is broken, i did get qt wallet to work on linux (didnt try on win10) but im not sure how to buy coins (i've heard u can buy them with paypal?).
Tnx for the help!

You need client to be able to buy Bay directly
Yu say UI is broken? What exactly is the problem? Me and many others are running it with no problem on win 10
gjsteele71

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 03:05:09 PM

Tnx for the help!

We would be glad to help you get the Client installed and buy some coins using PayPal.  The easiest way to to come join us in BitBay Slack.  Take a look for Craig
(cr197) once you get there.  He is the man with the actual BitBay for PayPal contract active on the client, and he is brilliant at getting it set up and explaining how it works.  There are others on there who can help as well, including me.

BitBay Slack - http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:07:09 PM

i would think a fair guess would be just above siscoins price which is around $5m

yeah I would expect upon pegging starting that could be about right...

however even that coin is seriously undervalued too, although of course bay to me is superior to sys in many ways. That is my opinion although do like the sys dev after accidentally calling him a spammer and copy cat before on this thread. I had no knowledge that their project was as old as bay. He seems quite an okay person with rapid coding skills he also speaks highly of david which is another classy aspect about him which I can appreciate and have since opened up a small space for some sys in my collection. I think fair value for that is 10M + hopefully it will realise this before our peg. I mean that price can be justified since why it is not worth at the least the same? then we all just need to work on adoption.

I would think sys should be top 10 and bay should be top 5 if both projects reached completion. Of course there is strong competition at those levels so that may be seen as pipe dream by some.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:33:38 PM

Well honestly this coin should be higher without the peg. The pegging only makes the strength of the coin more dramatic.

The thing about sys and other projects is I respect any dev that does hard work and builds out their coin or software (Halo is software and not a coin). I think there is something to be said about spending time on open source software especially when there is no cash flow. Although some projects may be objectively/subjectively better than others, the devs that stand by their project and build it out as promised are okay in my book. Imagine how many devs start a project and leave it when it becomes less profitable.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:43:25 AM

I do agree. Let's make a parallel: we should all know that TCP/IP and SMTP, only to name a few, suck. But they got mass adoption and now they are simply not replaceable.
The same goes, IMHO, for crypto projects. I've seen many good projects die young and many good devs abandoning their "dreams" because there was no cash flow.
This is why I admire David and I'm so happy to see this nice spike up in the price lately!

And, last but not least, the peg should be put in place when the coin reaches a good value. Again, IMHO, bay should be top 10 with 5000 sat per bay. But that is my view.

Wink
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:47:57 AM

polo is the key to us getting more notice. I mean we have more volume than a lot of their coins and this in on a far smaller exchange.

We can still grow on bittrex it is a good exchange. But most whales stick to polo now. We need whale adoption.

Having said that bay is good enough to break out  on bittrex. It is doing nicely now. I mean it does not drop below 100 sats hardly ever now and is mostly doing reasonable volume most days. I would not see why polo would not add us.

Most people that are buying bay are holding even during a large btc rally.

It's good we are sticking in the top 100 on cmc too that is extra advertising. Top 50 will be even better. There are some that only look at top 20 coins to hold long term. We will get there eventually.

Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:52:23 AM

Is everyone staking or keeping the coins in bittrex?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 11:03:39 AM

No bittrex or poloniex are not the problem. Watching NEXUS ... a lot of whales are also on bittrex. The problem is that not many people know BITBAY, some have forgotten since the history of investors in 2014, and others have no information of what is being done here! It's time, communication, marketing and investor research .. It's a different phase but very important for BITBAY I think!

Even syscoin whose site is ugly, are better known in the world of crypto currencies. The work done by David is great but now we must let the world know!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:33:25 AM

Is everyone staking or keeping the coins in bittrex?

There are approxamately 120 mil coins on Bittrex. Rest is staking or offline
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:35:52 PM

Yeah that is why we should market. People don't realize what the client does. I think we can use the training videos to our advantage here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLILfNPSQCo6yjFiwXY6-C-ikIDs6v2nHU

That playlist also has smart contracts in action.

It seems like people are starting to notice we probably got 10 new slack users in the past couple days. And we had some people use the markets for buying/selling coins. Legitimate new users who were not from our core group. So they weren't people testing it but they are actually using it. Very good sign.
aidia

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:03:31 PM

Going over 200 satoshis today.

We about to lift off!
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:24:48 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 02:40:00 PM by RJF19

Whales you say?

Actually, the one thing we DON'T need are whales. Whales are in for the short term profit and out leaving the rest of us holding the bag when the price drops. If you don't agree, go back to the ICO and then tell me we need whales. What we DO need is marketing and David has started down that road, and things are looking up.

It's a real shame crypto isn't valued for the tech alone. This project has some rather formidable technology and would certainly be a top ten if that were the case. But, emotion and profit rule this industry and you have to play to both of them to be successful. So, now that the tech is being finalized, we can do just that. I ask everyone reading this to assist with the marketing in any way you can. David is on the right track but, he is an army of one, lets join in shall we?

PS: If you are serious about getting BAY listed on Poloniex, I suggest everyone fill out their "Coin Request Form" here: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:42:40 PM

if even one or two wales took notice and realised the potential of bay and took a lot of the weaker hands and dumpers/churners out this would find a base of 1000 sats. After that it would gain at least some attention and additional usage.  Whales are not always for short term at all. Some btc whales adopt other worthy projects and keep with that project. Watching the bay market I see a lot of strong hands but many people are churning over for mini profits. It does look though like they keep buying in again with those profits so are gradually taking more bay off of the market.

whales could bring us to top 25 cmc and if you watch a lot of threads on the main alt board as I do long term hodlers mostly only look at the top 10 or top 20 for long term. People there asking for best coin under 1M cap are looking for quick profits in and out.

When people start to use bay as an alternative to an exchange to get into crypto that will be usefull tool.

I am away currently and have not really had much time to use my main trading machines so ive not fired up the market place for a while.

Any run down on just how the paypal to bay unbreakable contract works? sounds interesting.. what prevents them charging back weeks later?

RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:49:53 PM

if even one or two wales took notice and realised the potential of bay and took a lot of the weaker hands and dumpers/churners out this would find a base of 1000 sats. After that it would gain at least some attention and additional usage.  Whales are not always for short term at all. Some btc whales adopt other worthy projects and keep with that project. Watching the bay market I see a lot of strong hands but many people are churning over for mini profits. It does look though like they keep buying in again with those profits so are gradually taking more bay off of the market.

whales could bring us to top 25 cmc and if you watch a lot of threads on the main alt board as I do long term hodlers mostly only look at the top 10 or top 20 for long term. People there asking for best coin under 1M cap are looking for quick profits in and out.

When people start to use bay as an alternative to an exchange to get into crypto that will be usefull tool.

I am away currently and have not really had much time to use my main trading machines so ive not fired up the market place for a while.

Any run down on just how the paypal to bay unbreakable contract works? sounds interesting.. what prevents them charging back weeks later?

You may be right to some extent but, the true purpose and value of a project is not determined by the holders or traders. It is determined by the users. I see great long term value in BAY, the short term will do as the market wishes but, years from now, BAY should be going strong as a useful application, not a speculative venture. That is where I have set my sights.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:12:54 PM

No bittrex or poloniex are not the problem. Watching NEXUS ... a lot of whales are also on bittrex. The problem is that not many people know BITBAY, some have forgotten since the history of investors in 2014, and others have no information of what is being done here! It's time, communication, marketing and investor research .. It's a different phase but very important for BITBAY I think!

Even syscoin whose site is ugly, are better known in the world of crypto currencies. The work done by David is great but now we must let the world know!
I agree. Bittrex is not the problem atm.
Waves is doing good without Polo. Main volume for waves is on bittrex.
I think it's very hard to get on polo nowadays.
they didn't list iconomi and waves til now.
Livecoin would be a good exchange for bitbay for redundance.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:30:40 PM

You may be right to some extent but, the true purpose and value of a project is not determined by the holders or traders. It is determined by the users. I see great long term value in BAY, the short term will do as the market wishes but, years from now, BAY should be going strong as a useful application, not a speculative venture. That is where I have set my sights.

I couldn't agree more.

However there is a fast track to what you want and a slow track. With the slow track you are risking more competition and possible copy cat teams outpacing us. Bay lacks only user base and raw development speed. David is obviously a fantastic coder/designer and person. With a team behind him to do the things he can delegate tasks we would may be finished by now and even adding a lot of extra features.

A lot of whales out there are not pump and dumpers only. They are invested in the entire crypto scene and many other areas. Many own all the top crypto news sites and many many other very useful tools to a crypto project.  Along with the pegging which stops whale dumping damage and control.

If we had had a couple of influential whales with us that believed in the project from the start who knows where bay could be now.

So many inferior projects beat down much better projects through their contacts and financial backing.

Luckily for us there is nothing exactly like bay out there (yet and hopefully not for a while) so we can may be keep on with the pace we are and still eventually reach the heights the project deserves to reach on pure merit without getting copied and over taken.  I though would not at all mind a serious whale or two to give us a leg up to some decent converage, and a more sensible price so that we can fund all kinds of things even now bay at 1000 -20000 sats. Really to just take off a bit of the constant churning volume would be amazing. If I had even a spare 250 BTC I think bay would soar in market cap and interest in the community. It would spiral. So many churners between 100 and 200 sats it's bogging us down. Suretha if we increase our userbase then these churners will be forced up higher and higher.

It's great to be firmly inside the top 100 though and I hope minimum bay will be firm and stable in the top 20 by the end of the year even at this slowly slowly market penetration rate.

The people that destroyed the project were not really whales as such they were more scammers that are now whales since they extracted their btc from this project and dumped their bays destroying both the development fund and the bay market for years with dumping it down over and over.

I have no doubt david will create one of if not the best project on this board the issue is everyone else is watching and trying to outpace us. Hence why before I suggested another ICO months ago ( i see now many projects have done this) to get attention (people will examine the marketplace and the pegging in detail before investing garnering a lot of attention and likely a lot of publications and free marketing) I guess the time for this idea has passed now since people are a bit jaded on ICOs and especially 2nd ICO's. Failing that the financial support and connections some BTC whales have (these connections are vast and create a lot of buzz and marketing) could have really boosted us forward.

Anyway everything is going great as it is so this is a positive time for BAY and success will come either rapidly or steadily. I'm not even considering looking at opening my cold wallets until top10. Even then only if it is essential and I need funds for anything specific. I'm hoping with a decentralised market place and no need at all for centralised enforcement or penalties along with the peg this could and should be massive.  With just a few highly reliable bay merchants for inputting fiat then the entire thing is self sufficient and has crazy potential. I know some regard it as a pipe dream but even a 1 or 10Bn market cap is not at all large for such possibilities.... only time is the factor for bay and will others try to clone and beat us to the end.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:41:18 PM

I agree. Bittrex is not the problem atm.
Waves is doing good without Polo. Main volume for waves is on bittrex.
I think it's very hard to get on polo nowadays.
they didn't list iconomi and waves til now.
Livecoin would be a good exchange for bitbay for redundance.

All I hear about waves is let's wait for the pump when it hits polo. I think this future speculation is the main thing pulling new buyers in for them right now. Nobody outside of this thread thinks that about bay and most here quietly assume that bay will not be there anytime soon ( although I disagree) so that is not pulling people into or causing people to hold bay. Bay is being held and rising for different reasons. Although bay suffers from people that have never looked into it just watching it churn between 100 and 180 sats and love trying to grab profit. Be good to see that break out of there soon although it is attractive for bittrex so we won't get a delisting like a lot of other coins on there and polo make take note if the volume goes to a steady 50 BTC a day.  For such a massive ICO waves sometimes is not doing much more volume today just 37 btc ( i'm not putting waves down at all I have not looked into it much). Livecoin could be a lot of fake volume but even so it would be great to get on there too.

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: