Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:23:15 PM

Hello people! BlackHalo and BitBay one project?what they are different?

Right now Blackhalo and BitBay are identical. The big difference will be the rolling peg. Only BitBay will get that.
Also, the development is done here in bitbay. Blackcoin community is not very active on Blackhalo. This will result in more differences. There is already a community driven project that will be included in BitBay but not Blackhalo.

I thought blackhalo was an older version?

Are you saying blackhalo benefits from bitbays updates exactly as bitbay does?

So blackcoin has right now access to all the features bitbay has??

cr197

Activity: 307
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:25:08 PM

Right now Blackhalo and BitBay are identical. The big difference will be the rolling peg. Only BitBay will get that.
Also, the development is done here in bitbay. Blackcoin community is not very active on Blackhalo. This will result in more differences. There is already a community driven project that will be included in BitBay but not Blackhalo.

Yes.
Even Bitcoin (BitHalo) will have these features as well excluding any stake features (obviously).

However...
The User Value Protection(UVP) protocol, a.k.a. the rolling peg,  will be exclusive to BitBay.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:24:12 PM

We here is a few things to understand first. When I started, it was in BitHalo. I needed a protocol that was cross-platform. Double deposit escrow was designed to liberate a lot of people and industries. It had to be cross-platform.

At the time, I was the only person in the world coding actual real world implementations, specifically software implementations that was NOT an altcoin. In fact, this is why it was so hard to get me to do a coin in the first place as I didn't ever intend to be a pumper or a fundraiser. My implementation into Blackcoin was for speed, POS which was better than POW and the multipool interested me. I hold like 300k Black which isn't much. Obviously I'm way more invested here not only in money but in time. 2 years exclusively marketing BitBay.

Now consider that BitHalo being the media darling has a good reason to be branded as it is the only software in the world to do contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain. However its slow. Nobody wants to wait a day for confirmations.

Also, I had to make a solution in Bitcoin because the crazy Bitcoin foundation can't even frikkin agree on blocksize.

So enter BitBay, I was put in a project and have definitely found myself taking it over and have full control over the github. This is a very big deal. I can't change Blackcoin Github and to be honest, when I discussed the BlackHalo software... I was crudely told I was coding "in an echo chamber". Its been fairly hard to make progress there. But I don't want to pull support for them either and so why wouldn't I not fix bugs for the software itself? A lot of my updates this year were performance updates.

Every single piece of marketing, branding, time, energy, community, etc is done HERE. This is where I get the support and testing. I've asked Blackcoin to help test and nobody has done so and has been apathetic to the idea... perhaps they are exhausted from the price drop or the lack of branding. There are a few loyal members left and then there is Gritt and Janko who are still very active and doing colored coins implementations and other things.

Regardless, we have an extremely strong brand and one of the best tight knit communities I've been a part of.

You might think my answer is indirect. Yes up until this point they have gotten all of our improvements and that is because rat4 added the custom staking command that is completely essential for BitBay. Without those simple API commands, I would not be able to vote, cold stake, or spend from any p2sh or multisig and this includes frozen coins. So I am completely obligated to at least give them staking.

Beyond that though. I was just involved in a discussion with Sirlose/Munti and he raised a very good point. The community has been a gem for me, some of the core community have sort of been guardian angels. The amount of hours Sirlose and Craig put into this weekly is a lot. Without it, I wouldn't have gotten this far.

So we will discuss which features to release from this point forward for BlackHalo and when. I can assure you BitBay gets the Lion-share, the community is overpowered and does a ton of work and BitBay as a brand is more conducive to markets. BitBay as in E-Bay brands better for markets on its own virtue and it has been used a lot. Almost nobody uses BitHalos markets. So I don't even check them and consider I have almost completely stopped marketing BitHalo altogether my most recent PR moves have all been BitBay exclusively (with only brief mention of BitHalo when the reverse used to be true).

The major different up until this point has been decentralized pegging. This feature is not to be underestimated. It's my ace in the hole. It is a feature I consider potentially just as powerful than double deposit. It changes the entire crypto industry when you have a currency that can protect its own value and roll in any direction without using centralized forces or trading tricks. It even opens the doors to decentralized backing.

I can't implement that into BLK because I don't control their github and they don't seem to have an interest in it anyways.

As for the templates, I personally think there is no reason not to release them as otherwise the software is only limited to custom templates. But then again, they don't use the markets, most of the community didn't bother to help test them etc.

So Sirlose and I will meet with some of the other core to discuss what BlackHalo gets (and when more crucially) from this point moving forward. And how to release features in BitHalo that are cross platform. It's funny Blackcoin wasn't my coin to begin with, I was just a community member so everything they got was for free. So it is possible to do a delayed release for certain BlackHalo features or not release newly developed features such as anti-keylogger and other bonus features that are not being supported by the community itself.

Decentralized pegging opens the doors for bonds, credit swaps, decentralized backing, different types of liquidity sub-premium and premium classes of money and just redefines crypto assets in general.

We will discuss it and let you know how things beyond pegging apply. But I can assure you. Pegging is extremely powerful. You can't have decentralized markets without price stability. We can't even survive as a currency if we can't grow in price and we don't want to manipulate price so we need technology to eliminate the market maker!! To be honest, it blows my mind that there isn't millions flowing through BitBay as we speak. But there is some sense in future templates and features going here so let me discuss that with core and get back to you with how we handle releases now that the promise of Cold Staking was honored. NightTrader is a different subject completely and since I've had to abandon the microtrading protocol the only other way is atomic trade but again i run into the problem of it being a cross platform solution. Thats why the design of that is on hold.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 02:40:25 PM

We here is a few things to understand first. When I started, it was in BitHalo. I needed a protocol that was cross-platform. Double deposit escrow was designed to liberate a lot of people and industries. It had to be cross-platform.

At the time, I was the only person in the world coding actual real world implementations, specifically software implementations that was NOT an altcoin. In fact, this is why it was so hard to get me to do a coin in the first place as I didn't ever intend to be a pumper or a fundraiser. My implementation into Blackcoin was for speed, POS which was better than POW and the multipool interested me. I hold like 300k Black which isn't much. Obviously I'm way more invested here not only in money but in time. 2 years exclusively marketing BitBay.

Now consider that BitHalo being the media darling has a good reason to be branded as it is the only software in the world to do contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain. However its slow. Nobody wants to wait a day for confirmations.

Also, I had to make a solution in Bitcoin because the crazy Bitcoin foundation can't even frikkin agree on blocksize.

So enter BitBay, I was put in a project and have definitely found myself taking it over and have full control over the github. This is a very big deal. I can't change Blackcoin Github and to be honest, when I discussed the BlackHalo software... I was crudely told I was coding "in an echo chamber". Its been fairly hard to make progress there. But I don't want to pull support for them either and so why wouldn't I not fix bugs for the software itself? A lot of my updates this year were performance updates.

Every single piece of marketing, branding, time, energy, community, etc is done HERE. This is where I get the support and testing. I've asked Blackcoin to help test and nobody has done so and has been apathetic to the idea... perhaps they are exhausted from the price drop or the lack of branding. There are a few loyal members left and then there is Gritt and Janko who are still very active and doing colored coins implementations and other things.

Regardless, we have an extremely strong brand and one of the best tight knit communities I've been a part of.

You might think my answer is indirect. Yes up until this point they have gotten all of our improvements and that is because rat4 added the custom staking command that is completely essential for BitBay. Without those simple API commands, I would not be able to vote, cold stake, or spend from any p2sh or multisig and this includes frozen coins. So I am completely obligated to at least give them staking.

Beyond that though. I was just involved in a discussion with Sirlose/Munti and he raised a very good point. The community has been a gem for me, some of the core community have sort of been guardian angels. The amount of hours Sirlose and Craig put into this weekly is a lot. Without it, I wouldn't have gotten this far.

So we will discuss which features to release from this point forward for BlackHalo and when. I can assure you BitBay gets the Lion-share, the community is overpowered and does a ton of work and BitBay as a brand is more conducive to markets. BitBay as in E-Bay brands better for markets on its own virtue and it has been used a lot. Almost nobody uses BitHalos markets. So I don't even check them and consider I have almost completely stopped marketing BitHalo altogether my most recent PR moves have all been BitBay exclusively (with only brief mention of BitHalo when the reverse used to be true).

The major different up until this point has been decentralized pegging. This feature is not to be underestimated. It's my ace in the hole. It is a feature I consider potentially just as powerful than double deposit. It changes the entire crypto industry when you have a currency that can protect its own value and roll in any direction without using centralized forces or trading tricks. It even opens the doors to decentralized backing.

I can't implement that into BLK because I don't control their github and they don't seem to have an interest in it anyways.

As for the templates, I personally think there is no reason not to release them as otherwise the software is only limited to custom templates. But then again, they don't use the markets, most of the community didn't bother to help test them etc.

So Sirlose and I will meet with some of the other core to discuss what BlackHalo gets (and when more crucially) from this point moving forward. And how to release features in BitHalo that are cross platform. It's funny Blackcoin wasn't my coin to begin with, I was just a community member so everything they got was for free. So it is possible to do a delayed release for certain BlackHalo features or not release newly developed features such as anti-keylogger and other bonus features that are not being supported by the community itself.

Decentralized pegging opens the doors for bonds, credit swaps, decentralized backing, different types of liquidity sub-premium and premium classes of money and just redefines crypto assets in general.

We will discuss it and let you know how things beyond pegging apply. But I can assure you. Pegging is extremely powerful. You can't have decentralized markets without price stability. We can't even survive as a currency if we can't grow in price and we don't want to manipulate price so we need technology to eliminate the market maker!! To be honest, it blows my mind that there isn't millions flowing through BitBay as we speak. But there is some sense in future templates and features going here so let me discuss that with core and get back to you with how we handle releases now that the promise of Cold Staking was honored. NightTrader is a different subject completely and since I've had to abandon the microtrading protocol the only other way is atomic trade but again i run into the problem of it being a cross platform solution. Thats why the design of that is on hold.

I'm glad to hear you say this David. I got rid of 75% of my blackcoins exactly for this reason. They get all that for free and none of them even really seem to appreciate it at all. I mean I see lot of negative stuff in their threads and they have not even paid for it anyway. You essentially gave it to them for free.

I found it negative in their thread and sold over 500k of blackcoin way back. Glad I did. Too much arguing and infighting. They even scould rat4 calling him a drunk and he is probably one of the best POS coders out there. It's a very parasitic community. Rat4 should dump them all and start a new project.

I'm behind bay 100% since it is amazing to see a project have such a terrible start and still push forward against all the odds. Even now I suspect some of these people are still dumping and crushing the price down. I wish we would have forked it and nulled their wallets from the start they have crushed this down for years. This deserves to be a top 3 coin imho. Volume is still good though almost always in the top 10 vol at bittrex.

When the qt is gone and the market place is acting as the main wallet I think people will start to realise what they have.

Adoption will be everything. I think it will be a snowball effect once people start using the markets.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 02:48:23 PM

Well look, regardless of weather or not I code there for free. I still try to be very loyal to the community. It is true that there were a lot of people in the community who said things they probably shouldn't have, there is still a lot of loyal Blackcoin holders. So I simply have to structure how we do releases, what features get released and so forth. Our focus is on markets, they never branded for markets. BitHalo was however branded for contracts. The subject is not entirely transparent. So like I said we will discuss future non-pegging features in core. Obviously they get bug fixes. NightTrader is on hold until I solve its protocol issue... hopefully after BitBays pegging completes this will boom and I won't have to be struggling as much for finances and I can re-investigate decentralized exchange. Most likely it would not be the original microtrading. In the meantime, I've got to focus on coding and the community will have to help bring new people to test and use the markets etc.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:20:28 AM

Okay well we talked it over and came up with a good plan for releases. It's easier to maintain this way. Thanks for the input.

So the release on the 15th will officially change the version. Let's now focus on marketing that. Anyone who wants to test the staking just ask us on slack.
LostLady

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:38:11 AM

do you know how tether does its peg?
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/tether/#charts
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:09:35 AM

It's centralized, they only buy back their own coins and for that reason it runs high risk.

Our peg is decentralized and thus only relies on the technology itself
Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:16:01 AM

It's centralized, they only buy back their own coins and for that reason it runs high risk.

Do you have a timeframe for the peg yet David ?

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
cr197

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

Do you have a timeframe for the peg yet David ?

His goal is to have everything done by the end of the year.

He is down to:
Timelock and exotic spend
Then the last 4 templates
Then pegging
Then python programmable peer to peer contracts.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:17:04 PM

Learning this voting system, and I must say, it really is a kickass design.

The majority consensus truly has the power.

Since votes require to be confirmed through stake reward:

A) it obliterates spam as they will also have to pay a .00005554 fee and painstakingly wait for confirmations via stake rewards

B) it keeps whales from 'pwning' a decision since they have to compete for staked blocks to confirm their transaction! So if 1 whale votes yes for a topic at hand and 100 small fish vote no, you'd essentially have 100 computers attempting to process a stake reward (with vote attached) compared to 1 computer owned by the whale trying to vote the opposite!

This really is going to open up a lot of doors for many other things as well.

Who needs AUGUR anymore, when again, it can all be done inside BitBay!

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:47:57 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 06:18:17 PM by cryptohunter

A) it obliterates spam as they will also have to pay a .00005554 fee and painstakingly wait for confirmations via stake rewards

B) it keeps whales from 'pwning' a decision since they have to compete for staked blocks to confirm their transaction! So if 1 whale votes yes for a topic at hand and 100 small fish vote no, you'd essentially have 100 computers attempting to process a stake reward (with vote attached) compared to 1 computer owned by the whale trying to vote the opposite!

Exactly, I mean when bay is actually fully complete there are only probably a handful of cryto's that have any purpose left.

I think it is very important to try to keep our thread on page 1 of the ANN section. Lots of noobs and others that have not previously taken a serious look at bay will start to do so if we are always on page 1.

Although this is an aged project compared to most you are still getting in on this on the ground floor. This is hardly above ICO price and yet it now has achieved what was only talked about back then. I don't think many people realise that just because it has been out a few years the opportunity to be in on ground level still exists..

I think a new thread title that captures more attention could be useful. Perhaps even a new thread. We leave the past behind in this old thread full of spam and old negative memories. A fresh start.

BITBAY - FREE BAY INSIDE - - We're just getting STARTED here... come see for YOURSELF NOW!! -- get someone who knows how to insert attention catching graphics into the title without it looking cheap and cheesy.

OP is just too big with to many graphics and info. We want them in the thread trying out the wallet with videos to guide them straight away.

I think we should have links to the videos and only the marketplace wallet now.

I mean it is simply the new wallet with all the features packed inside it is so different from the normal QT's it is simply mindblowing for most people.

A faucet in the market place giving a some BAY to those that complete a basic smart contract. That smart contract can be mentioning BAY in another thread pointing out it's great new wallet and amazing features without spamming. Or even wearing a BAY avatar /sig for 1 week or more.

Once people are in and using the new wallet to complete a simple contract to get their free bay then I expect they MUST be convinced this stupid 1M MC is ludicrous in the face of other total shit coins having magnitudes higher MC.

I think a fresh new thread with immediate simple guide to downloading the new marketplace wallet and completing a smart contract for coins is the secret to getting anyone to see just how different and advanced bitbay is.

We then make those contracts we set up for free coins beneficial to bay by driving more people directly to the thread via posts, avatar and sig campaigns ...the thread does the rest to start a nice cycle going. The only issue is the source of the bay for the contracts. I would suggest all whales here donate all of their pos coins at least if not a nice chunk of bay to get it all rolling.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:18:02 PM

we are doing great on Bittrex. A constant top top 10 and about 3% of their daily volume. But we do need more volume in order to be where we want and should be! Polo have a large chunk of the market and Yobit seem to get getting bigger daily. Maybe this is an area we can look at in the near future to gain a larger community.  

If you want to be on those exchanges, fill out their coin request forms. David and the rest have no more influence than each and every one of us do. Go forth, complete the form and, click "save" my son!  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
jjacob
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:41:57 PM

B) it keeps whales from 'pwning' a decision since they have to compete for staked blocks to confirm their transaction!

Just curious. Who would be considered a whale in the BitBay space?
Does anybody have an idea about the distribution of BitBay?

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cr197

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:39:20 AM

B) it keeps whales from 'pwning' a decision since they have to compete for staked blocks to confirm their transaction!

Just curious. Who would be considered a whale in the BitBay space?
Does anybody have an idea about the distribution of BitBay?

It's on the chainz blockchain website.
Fairglu is doing some pretty amazing analytics with that site.
He gives you the ability to see the top 500 addresses. And if you look on the right side you can see the pie chart and percentages of distro.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!rich

He's even got a tab for largest wallets - notice there is a sub tab on that page that can adjust to track "By Address Count" rather than "By Net Worth"
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!wallets

cr197

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:26:49 AM

Exactly, I mean when bay is actually fully complete there are only probably a handful of cryto's that have any purpose left.

I think it is very important to try to keep our thread on page 1 of the ANN section. Lots of noobs and others that have not previously taken a serious look at bay will start to do so if we are always on page 1.

Although this is an aged project compared to most you are still getting in on this on the ground floor. This is hardly above ICO price and yet it now has achieved what was only talked about back then. I don't think many people realise that just because it has been out a few years the opportunity to be in on ground level still exists..

I think a new thread title that captures more attention could be useful. Perhaps even a new thread. We leave the past behind in this old thread full of spam and old negative memories. A fresh start.

BITBAY - FREE BAY INSIDE - - We're just getting STARTED here... come see for YOURSELF NOW!! -- get someone who knows how to insert attention catching graphics into the title without it looking cheap and cheesy.

OP is just too big with to many graphics and info. We want them in the thread trying out the wallet with videos to guide them straight away.

I think we should have links to the videos and only the marketplace wallet now.

I mean it is simply the new wallet with all the features packed inside it is so different from the normal QT's it is simply mindblowing for most people.

A faucet in the market place giving a some BAY to those that complete a basic smart contract. That smart contract can be mentioning BAY in another thread pointing out it's great new wallet and amazing features without spamming. Or even wearing a BAY avatar /sig for 1 week or more.

Once people are in and using the new wallet to complete a simple contract to get their free bay then I expect they MUST be convinced this stupid 1M MC is ludicrous in the face of other total shit coins having magnitudes higher MC.

I think a fresh new thread with immediate simple guide to downloading the new marketplace wallet and completing a smart contract for coins is the secret to getting anyone to see just how different and advanced bitbay is.

We then make those contracts we set up for free coins beneficial to bay by driving more people directly to the thread via posts, avatar and sig campaigns ...the thread does the rest to start a nice cycle going. The only issue is the source of the bay for the contracts. I would suggest all whales here donate all of their pos coins at least if not a nice chunk of bay to get it all rolling.

Interesting suggestions. I'm not to keen on BCT's search engine, but I don't have the energy to go there right now, so I don't know what effect that would have creating a new thread. Let's see what others say on the matter.

But yeah back to the voting...
The beauty of it is that it can either be public or private based on the users desire.
You are allowed to enter a 20 character string of your choice for your custom vote.
It can be as simple as posting 2 votes to gather consensus on pretty much anything.
If you want to know what others' opinion's  are on the gold market, you could create 2 votes like:

GoldBull
and
GoldBear

Those strings turn into an individual burn address that tally up all the deposits from staked votes.

So imagine this setup for a potential decentralized trustless money management think tank. It would consist of a group of verified respectable traders and managers.

You could essentially ask their group (for a fee I'm sure) investment advice like the one above.

They would then vote on the matter. And you could verify their vote because you not only can count the votes in the client, but you can utilize the blockchain to verify the addresses that sent the vote to the burn address! Any sort of unverified address would be disregarded. Or better yet, the advisers track record would create a sort of 'network weight' similar to staking with more coins.

So we could even add a twist to their fee for their services. Rather than just pay them a flat rate fee they distribute amongst themselves, you could send the fee to a custom python contract that retains the coins until after the vote deadline and the correct voters are determined. Then the coins locked would be divvied up proportionally to the voters who provided the correct answer!

The losers don't deserve a reward, and this forces them to try harder next time!

Heck this is just a start!
The possibilities are mind blowing.

I know language strings are limited because, well... there are only so many ways to ask "BuyBTC" or "SellBTC" but that doesn't apply to random strings

So a random string could apply a massive amount of anonymity and give a near infinite number of strings to create a vote for.
For example:
'kJSisigusSwosid' could be applied to the example above (a money management think tank), and that community would be notified publically or privately that that string represents a decrypted vote for "I've got 5000 shares of IBM, should I hold or sell?"

Pretty amazing power at our fingertips!
All without the need for a middleman to take a cut!

Imagine a money manager that works for 'xyz' bank during the day, and by night, a freelance investment adviser without his boss taking a cut for his services!

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:36:58 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 10:44:35 AM by dzimbeck

Why doesn't this GIF post? I've seen people do it but for some random reason this shows as invalid?!

LostLady

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:59:06 AM

pegs pretty exciting. imagine when market is fully functional with userbase and each bitbay is pegged to $1. holy smokes my friends
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:34:04 AM

$1 peg would make it worth over $1 billion though, you really think that is going to happen? Seems bit too ambitious target
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:42:22 AM

$1 peg would make it worth over $1 billion though, you really think that is going to happen? Seems bit too ambitious target

We can certainly do it, however our goal should be volume because volume is a strong indicator of demand. So we're going to be setting our targets to attract volume. Price does attract volume but if we go to $1 too fast then we might throttle the supply too much and thus our volume might not be organic. So we need to slowly build to that target. Regardless, our community will choose targets and move towards them.

With the rolling peg we can force any price. However we want to force prices that we get good volume and access to the most amount of coins for the best price. So like if we deflate 99% then we have access to less coins and the profits are much slower.

So the price growth should be as organic as possible.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: