Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:15:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:05:50 AM

Is bitbay ever going to do anything or just get pumped and dumped. I dont see much development happening and I never ever hear any of my crypto friends or people I meat at conferences talking about bitbay.

Lol apparently you haven't even bothered to download the software. It does more than most of the coins in top 100 combined. The coins people talk about at conferences are the ones that get pumped. You've got it backwards. What are we trying to win some sort of popularity contest? I work 8 hour days developing this for 2 years. We don't need your money. Get outta here and go invest in Dogecoin... I hear lots of people talk about it.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:15:08 PM

Is bitbay ever going to do anything or just get pumped and dumped. I dont see much development happening and I never ever hear any of my crypto friends or people I meat at conferences talking about bitbay.

Lol apparently you haven't even bothered to download the software. It does more than most of the coins in top 100 combined. The coins people talk about at conferences are the ones that get pumped. You've got it backwards. What are we trying to win some sort of popularity contest? I work 8 hour days developing this for 2 years. We don't need your money. Get outta here and go invest in Dogecoin... I hear lots of people talk about it.  Roll Eyes

"Much stupidity, much ignorance"  Cheesy
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:23:07 PM

hello David
How are you doing?l don t really come here post nonsense to upgrade my membership,there is huge differences between seeing and looking )) above gentleman  had his say which does not make any sense coz he is looking a P%D coin to save his day.your project is here and will be here for decades
again
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks”
Be Good Be Safe
Regards
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:55:10 PM

hello David
How are you doing?l don t really come here post nonsense to upgrade my membership,there is huge differences between seeing and looking )) above gentleman  had his say which does not make any sense coz he is looking a P%D coin to save his day.your project is here and will be here for decades
again
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks”
Be Good Be Safe
Regards

I LOVE that old proverb, Chinese I believe?

Anyway, even taking a short glance at the recent charts, anyone could see there is a trend building and there must be something behind it. The "something" is some of the best tech in crypto with the coolest feature set out there. Unless you take a little time and read up on BAY, you might not be able to comprehend the future possibilities. This is so much more than a "coin", it really begs for it's own category. At the very least, it is a financial and trading system. Even that still doesn't give full credit to BAY's capabilities. Anyway, it's ok because the name BitBay will start popping up in a lot of new places this year and lot of new people will be getting involved for a lot more reasons that "pumping & dumping" so, lets put that term to bed in the forum shall we?

So, to all you "get in/get out" day traders:

This is real. This where the big boys are playing. Get over the pump & dump mentality.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:17:17 PM

Sure. I make more interest if I increase stake. But am forced to babysit a fork where we have to force everyone to upgrade. When QT is gone it's easier. But for something as minor as this it seems a bit of a hustle to spend a month worrying if we got all nodes on the new build.

So I would have to do what, change the port number? Tell exchanges to rebuild? I'm thinking the bigger rewards come with finishing the remaining templates and rolling peg.

And it's pretty fair... I'm definitely outnumbered by other voters and some.guys in core could easily defeat my vote.

But to level the playing field I'm going to stop voting for a day.

Why stop? This is a great moment for people to "wake up" and transition their coins from the QT to the client. I've got about 7 million voting for stakefork. All it takes is for 11% of the coin supply to vote for the stake.

We have till the 4th of April before the vote ends. Let's let it ride its course!

Hey guys, sorry... are we supposed to be updating our client? Mine is a month or two old. Thanks

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

Hey guys, sorry... are we supposed to be updating our client? Mine is a month or two old. Thanks

Yes. We are now on version 1.261
Munti

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:16:55 PM

A new video about BitBay made by a fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs_BPfeoSQ0&feature=youtu.be

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:06:58 PM

hello David
again
Be Good Be Safe
Regards

I'm doing great! Busy as anything! That is an amazing quote by the way... I've learned slowly that "silence is golden". Its great to see BitBay community growing as fast as it is. We have a real product and thats why it will make a big difference.
Munti

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:12:47 PM

One of our community members is able and willing to fill our marketplace with items. But he needs to know what we would be interested in buying.
Please go to our slack http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation and join want2buy channel. List everything you might be interested in.

This will only take you a few minutes, but can have a big impact on our market if many of you do it, so please take action
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:14:59 AM

You can watch the status of the voting in the software. To see if we should fork to increase the stake. The voting ends in a couple days.

Here are the two addresses:
stakefork = bPFjpZ3TwVJHudKrhxzqb9oPDvhBsQBtPV
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?bPFjpZ3TwVJHudKrhxzqb9oPDvhBsQBtPV.htm

nostakefork = bNoCY5mK3V7TVZDKoTqYCySC4vzzwDLuGm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?bNoCY5mK3V7TVZDKoTqYCySC4vzzwDLuGm.htm

Current score is 11 for nostakefork and 55 for stakefork

I warn you all, nostakefork is going to make a ferocious comeback. In your client, don't forget to cast as many votes as you anticipate winning.
I've started off by casting 1000 for nostakefork.

Bitcoin core should take notes, this is how a diplomatic decision is made for forking. Smiley

Vote update!

Current vote tally:

816 for stakefork

456 for nostakefork

Looks like our teamwork has paid off!

Only 6hours and 45 minutes left to vote!

Last vote block found wins a prize!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:57:19 AM

Dammit, I forgot to vote today! Shit was running errands haha. Just for the record Craig i said PST in core! hahahah its okay... now I'm going to lose this vote today. Although I did promise would lay off voting for a day and it seems like most of our big holders didn't do much voting. So thats good! Hopefully this proves that even the medium sized and smaller investors can still certainly make a difference!  Grin

Hope you guys are happy... it's looking like I'm going to have to fork now.  Angry

Anyways... I suppose you all are masochistic and enjoy waiting for that peg!!!  Cheesy

I might do a few other things like increase the size of 6a... it will take a couple months just to coordinate all of our nodes. As usual we want almost 100% people moved to the new wallet by the time the fork happens.
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:24:34 AM

Of course not. Your software is closed source. You think ima trust you and your software on my computer which contains a fortune in crypto currency.

You're crazy in your head mate.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:47:32 AM

Of course not. Your software is closed source. You think ima trust you and your software on my computer which contains a fortune in crypto currency.

Say what? Your fortune is 1 BTC? Bye. Go invest in ripple. They need more bag holders.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:49:24 AM

Say what? Your fortune is 1 BTC? Bye. Go invest in ripple. They need more bag holders.

To some 1 btc may be a fortune, but fortunate enough for me my fortune is much larger then just one lonely btc.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
cr197

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:03:29 AM

It's not closed source. It's obfuscated.

www.davtonia.com/BitHalo/HaloOBF.zip

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:28:16 AM

You can watch the status of the voting in the software. To see if we should fork to increase the stake. The voting ends in a couple days.

Here are the two addresses:
stakefork = bPFjpZ3TwVJHudKrhxzqb9oPDvhBsQBtPV
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?bPFjpZ3TwVJHudKrhxzqb9oPDvhBsQBtPV.htm

nostakefork = bNoCY5mK3V7TVZDKoTqYCySC4vzzwDLuGm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/address.dws?bNoCY5mK3V7TVZDKoTqYCySC4vzzwDLuGm.htm

Current score is 11 for nostakefork and 55 for stakefork

I warn you all, nostakefork is going to make a ferocious comeback. In your client, don't forget to cast as many votes as you anticipate winning.
I've started off by casting 1000 for nostakefork.

Bitcoin core should take notes, this is how a diplomatic decision is made for forking. Smiley

Vote update!

Current vote tally:

816 for stakefork

456 for nostakefork

Looks like our teamwork has paid off!

Only 6hours and 45 minutes left to vote!

Last vote block found wins a prize!

So the first decentralized vote on the BitBay blockchain is complete!

Voting results:

stakefork = 917 votes

nostakefork = 557 votes

Congrats! stakefork wins the vote!
The last official vote cast before the voting poll ended belongs to...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/block.dws?1136574.htm

Congrats! You win a 10,000 coin prize for casting the final vote!

Thanks to everyone who participated!
We will have many more in the future.
With BitBay gridlock and political strife are a thing of the past!

dufdufduf

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:10:55 PM

For people who are unfamiliar with code. What does this mean?
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:57:20 PM

Is it true that BitBay is closed source?

It's not entirely closed, just with changed variable names.

The source code is at www.davtonia.com/bithalo/haloobf.zip

The variable names have been changed to prevent cloning but it can be easily audited and you can build from that.
Eventually i will put it on github. Like cryptohunter said there is no rush.

Basically anyone can check the source to see if it doesn't do anything nasty, but it won't work out of the box because dzimbeck changed some numbers around on purpose.

burp...
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:58:04 PM

For people who are unfamiliar with code. What does this mean?

I change variable names so it's hard to clone. So if a variable is called "Contract" I change it to "sbebhdjesn"

But my obfuscator makes funny Doge names so it will change to things like "SuchMoonVeryCryptoWow"

And so you can download it and read the source code and prove that it's safe.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:13:22 AM

do i spot our first mini whale trying to take a bite at 328

Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: