Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:07:46 PM

I'm sorry to say that our website is down at the moment. Our web dew will get on it, but he has a deadline in his paid job tomorrow, so that has to take priority right now. expect the site to be up again sometime tomorrow.
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:15:15 PM

This could be the right time to catch who is losing faith in bitcoin. I'm personally very worried for bitcoin's future for the first time. As I said somewhere else either someone is manipulating and rigging all this game the way they want or, really, the bitcoin community is totally nuts and we need to move onto new things such as BitBay

I think the absolute failure of Bitcoin's keepers to agree on a method of expanding the block size coupled with the centralization of mining in China is starting to take it's toll. Also, projects like Bay can do so much more then just provide monetary value. Bitcoin is a rudderless ship in a sea of competition.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10028

I filed an issue, but they closed it  Grin

Oh the ego is a mighty thing... they refuse to confront the elephant in the room - their own reflections.
Wow, this is just ridiculous.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:22:06 PM

Site is back up  Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:03:04 PM

This could be the right time to catch who is losing faith in bitcoin. I'm personally very worried for bitcoin's future for the first time. As I said somewhere else either someone is manipulating and rigging all this game the way they want or, really, the bitcoin community is totally nuts and we need to move onto new things such as BitBay

I think the absolute failure of Bitcoin's keepers to agree on a method of expanding the block size coupled with the centralization of mining in China is starting to take it's toll. Also, projects like Bay can do so much more then just provide monetary value. Bitcoin is a rudderless ship in a sea of competition.

Oh the ego is a mighty thing... they refuse to confront the elephant in the room - their own reflections.

Look, they closed and locked it. Without responding to my long, well thought out comment on the security of the issue of the bug, they locked and and thus I cannot comment on it. This self-appointed confederacy of dunces is responsible for preventing technological advancement. They are making a big issue out of something small and then blame the Bitcoin community for lack of consensus when in reality they are the ones blocking change. If they really were responsive to forums as they claim, they would have merged the bug fix 2 years ago because that is how long the community has asked for it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:37:51 AM

Look, they closed and locked it. Without responding to my long, well thought out comment on the security of the issue of the bug, they locked and and thus I cannot comment on it. This self-appointed confederacy of dunces is responsible for preventing technological advancement. They are making a big issue out of something small and then blame the Bitcoin community for lack of consensus when in reality they are the ones blocking change. If they really were responsive to forums as they claim, they would have merged the bug fix 2 years ago because that is how long the community has asked for it.

Oh well, out with the old and in with the new. Bay reaches 228 sats, can;t be long until people find bay now. I am mentioning it like daily on every thread on the main forum where people ask for investment advice. I tipped pivx all the time at 500 sats.

Bay is even more impressive so should attract the attention of people looking for new opportunities coming here now. Still super cheap.

Gilboa

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:53:10 AM

Only reason I'm on Bittrex is for BAY.

Only reason I'd be on Polo would be for BAY.

Only a matter of time I would assume. BAY holds its ground on Bittrex and I don't see why Polo hasn't listed yet.

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord
gjsteele71

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 02:39:12 AM

BitBay Release 1.26 Feature Focus – Decentralized Voting

In the crypto community we are all familiar with the Bitcoin fiasco over blockchain sizing.  This issue seems so simple to fix, yet the complexity to execute is almost comical. It demonstrates Bitcoin has become a truly centralized governance hodgepodge consisting of centralized miners and self-appointed developers. This has led to talks of forking Bitcoin into 2 separate entities.   BitBay’s Decentralized Voting update helps to eliminate these issues Bitcoin is facing.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchanges-unveil-emergency-hard-fork-contingency-plan/

With BitBay, gridlock will no longer be an issue for future innovations and development. The core build developer, David Zimbeck, has integrated a decentralized voting UI built into the Client. This voting protocol will serve multiple purposes.

The main purpose is for it to work alongside the decentralized algorithm to regulate the rolling peg technology (due to be complete by the end of the year).  This method will grant miners the ability to cast their vote for either increasing or shrinking the current amount of liquid BAY coins available. Miners will be given 3 options; to manually vote for increase, manually vote for decrease, or let the algorithm decide for them.

Unlike other coins with decentralized voting features, this UI is extremely user friendly – no coding skills are required. Each vote costs almost nothing to cast, at 0.00005554 BAY.  Requiring a fee and using staking to inject votes on the blockchain helps regulate and protect the vote from spam and minimizes short term manipulation.  The system will then gradually inject those votes onto the blockchain as your wallet remains open and staking (or cold staking).  This creates a ‘fair’ playing field for the entire community.  For example, imagine a vote that has the community split between the majority of the small and medium coin holders against a minority of large coin holders.  Since the majority acts as one voice and has stronger processing powers to stake for each block, they could essentially outweigh the minority ‘whales’, and win majority consensus!

The voting system provides custom capabilities as well.  Voting in the Client can be started by anyone by entering a 20-character string into the UI, and then specifying how many votes they wish to cast for that item.  The 20-character string allows for nearly unlimited voting possibilities.  The UI even provides you with a tool to count the votes through the Client. These votes can be private or as public as you wish to broadcast them.  The string entered into the UI field simply converts to a blockchain address (burned) that anyone can track on the blockchain.  This creates the opportunity for anyone to track other Client accounts also participating in the vote.  This will open up the ability to create decentralized prediction markets similar to AUGUR!  Imagine in the future where you can ask for proven market analysts to vote on your market request!  This has the ability to turn into decentralized money management without the advisors even holding your investment capital!

The possibilities with this decentralized voting UI will add yet another amazing milestone for the most advanced cryptocurrency wallet on the planet… and this is just the beginning! Adaptability is key to remaining ahead of the competition and now that we have a voice to vote for virtually anything, new innovations to BitBay will never be stifled and bogged down by gridlock and politics.  

To take a look at other features being released on March 22nd as part of the v1.26 update, check http://BitBay.Market/blog

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/
cr197

Activity: 307
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:03:14 AM

Only 13.5 million for sale on bittrex!  Tongue

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
game_changer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:09:10 AM

Decentralised voting! WOW that's awesome guys!

Wish Bitcoin would adopt this feature to help stop their arguing!

Can the voting be used for anything or just deciding on the pegging increments once that's implemented
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:15:21 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 03:47:44 AM by cryptohunter

Only 13.5 million for sale on bittrex!  Tongue

Yeah from 1BN and there was 18m a few days ago.... accumulation i hope and bay has great hodlers.

soon only 1% on sale Smiley

100btc takes us to nearly 4k sats as it stands... the huge sell walls would vanish on the way up too

100 btc is nothing these days in buy orders once you get noticed.

and a mere 250 btc right now brings us up to

0.00999990 - 10bucks a coin. Ha i guess no one is hodling all their stash until then though

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:12:50 AM

Look how the Linux community works. Linus Torvalds is there to give guidance when needed: he deserves to be there since his merits speak for himself. But what to the bitcoin "community"? I see no community anymore just supporters waiting for the next football game.
The bitcoin community is made of hooligans pushing their agenda forward.
The ones who dreamt at the beginning are now losing touch
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:09:06 AM

Interesting comment by dzimbeck on github.

I've never seen those criticisms of the Lightning network before.

cr197

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:39:45 AM

Can the voting be used for anything or just deciding on the pegging increments once that's implemented

Yes! That's what's so awesome about it. It's completely custom tailored as well!

Reread the article for case point.
This has the ability to compete against AUGUR.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:48:16 AM

And rightly so. Seems only a handful of people actually know how it works, and those that do seem to have a biased view upon the matter.
And the Bitcoin community bites off the head of any one that speaks out about it.

And here we are. Bitcoin is nearing the breaking point from splitting to 2 coins.
Great job!

cr197

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:53:41 AM

Imagine applying that articles case point about money management to Iconomi.

They now have the tools to create a trustless money managment advice system.

The advisors could make a fee for their services.

You could ask them a question on the voting system like

Utilizing 3 custom votes.

BuyGold
HoldGold
SellGold

Their team of advisors would vote on the matter
The correct advisors win the fee honey pot the losers get nothing.
After they vote you make your own educated guess on the matter!

We now have a way to completely deregulate money management because trust is no longer required!

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:07:38 PM

good volume today. I think people are starting to realise that david is actually one of only a handful of coders/designers on this board that create useful game changing tech.

If we can grow this community and get some momentum we can reach top 10 this year.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:26:52 PM

The proposal that is my favorite for Bitcoin is actually the BIP 100 which lets the miners vote on blocksize. Simple, secure and they know best because they buy the hardware and process transactions so they know the throughput and can absolutely adjust to it. Besides, Bitcoin is so centralized they are some of the only ones who even bother to download the chain.

Of course we already have that now. We can vote on whatever we want. But that doesn't directly effect block size or anything but at least the community can vote to increase it and we can fork. A recent discussion on slack was weather or not we should do a vote to increase the stake because the reward is less than 1% by mistake.

If we ever fork though i would be interested in exploring some anon feature that is easy to implement.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

good volume today. I think people are starting to realise that david is actually one of only a handful of coders/designers on this board that create useful game changing tech.

Thats Dai, diversifying.  Tongue

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:42:52 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 12:53:04 PM by dzimbeck

Yeah Lightning has had that problem. Their design was very similar to a multisignature exchange i wanted to make. Until i realized the collusion attacks. Lightning will not suffer from collusion as long as the money is in the accounts. Here is a sketch of why this matters.

Joe has more money than Alice and they are in a 2 of 2

So if Jane also has an account of 2 of 2 with Joe, she can promise Joe money and use HTLC to connect the two channels

Joe will promise money to Alice and it all works!! This idea is perfectly sound no money has to touch the blockchain.

So you ask, why can't Jane promise money to Alice? After all they can use Pune Dryja channels to link the 2 of 2 multisig accounts.

Sure but then, what if Joe was also Jane?! He can trick Alice and withdraw the money owed from his own 2 of 2. Because Joe didn't promise funds directly to Alice, she loses everything she was owed!

And this is what will ALWAYS happen when Joe has LESS money than Alice. She will be owed money that isn't in the 2 of 2 account. And there my friends lies the rub. This creates the same arbitration risk that we have seen in 2 of 3 accounts. It only works when the money is in both sides of the deal.

Therefore, the only way to do lighting is for Joe to be really, really rich. And that is centralized and makes the rich richer. But it also runs another serious concern.

What if Joe gets hacked?
What if Joe keeps reusing the same public keys and cryptoanalysis is used to reverse them? Granted this attack isn't proven but he can still get hacked.

So even if real money is owed there is a hacking concern.

What will really happen in lightning?!

It will be a debt settlement network. Where people irresponsibly route payments that could be defaulted on at any time. Therefore it will not be decentralized and run risk of fraud and hacking. People will learn to "trust" the middle man again and the same bullshit starts all over again just like the USD.

Whats the best solution? Don't do lighting as your primary payment routing method. Perhaps use lots of servers to chop up the traffic or something. Facebook after all stores insane amounts of data so how is that different from a really large blockchain run by thousands of nodes sharing the data?

Use BitBays frozen funds! This is a very futuristic concept but in theory if we were pegged and lots of people had frozen funds it would be easier to route debt since so many users would have the frozen funds as collateral. Surely they wouldn't be as valuable as the liquid funds but they count for something. At the sign of hacking nobody would sell them frozen funds anymore and thus they would have a hard time building up creditworthiness (similar to using it for DDE).

So those are some of the best concepts so far dealing with bloat. The Bitcoin github is being subverted by some extremely selfish people who think they are Bitcoin. Its no surprise they ignored my request. They don't care about decentralization. Bitcoin core and Ethereum are some of the most pro-middleman pro-government groups I've seen. They remind me of bankers. Years ago I said "Decentralizing the money will not change the world, decentralize the media and then the world will be saved". This I still believe to be a cogent statement even if its unrealistic.

With that said, I guess they(Bitcoin core devs) forgot that all one needs to do is copy+paste and change the port number to get off their network. And with decentralized pegging those small economies might even be healthy. Too bad they are watching this play out before their very eyes. And altcoins are finally booming.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:45:22 PM

Thats Dai, diversifying.  Tongue

I doubt it. Besides he doesn't deserve to get back in. I bet he sold at the bottom. Can't believe he faked the volume on Qtum. I guess Roger Ver is no longer innocent and neither is the exchange they used to get kickbacks. They seem to love paid articles, the forums disagree though. People aren't naive anymore.

Maybe this is a sign people are starting to invest in real tech like BitBay instead of empty promises.   Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: