Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:45:27 AM

This is terrible. Yobit got paid and did not add? do they know they can cold stake the coins?

I think the variable pos rate depending on amount and length of time staked is a good idea. We need incentive to hold the coins. The small pos rate is not enough to encourage loyalty.

there is hardly anything worse for a POS coin than a staking exchange wallet -
small holders would almost never mint any coins  Sad say good bye to decentralization
we should be careful in choosing the right place for the trading big volumes of coins

staking is just an incentive, it's like % on the checking account, you wouldn't expect them high  Wink

major utility of the BAY and thus its value & the loyalty of the users should come from the BAY market, not from the POS rate

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:10:24 PM

ok I want to test the water and bough a little bit of bay to see if it do anything. i think bay need to hype about it smart contracts and also please provide instruction on how to use it. it is very important to have some kind of instruction as people would have no clue of what is going on after open bay market, including myself.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLILfNPSQCo6yjFiwXY6-C-ikIDs6v2nHU

good that you guys have this but why nowhere to be found on OP post? this is just not smart, this instructions should be some where below download section. where is website bitbay.market? isn't this you guys or this project website? everything should be connected and visible to interested investors. this is just some example of being wasteful, in my eyes. your smart contracts could worth billions, this is what etherium is hype about, if not a few hundreds millions. your smart contracts need to be the forefront of this project and should hype to many people to use it as posible. i hope my small investment going to be worth more. please take my ideas into consideration and thanks for your hard work. your hard would be worthless if you don't want many people to see or know about it.

OP needs to be updated. Realize I'm coding, managing community and doing like 15 other things. It would be nice if I only had to think about coding and to be honest am considering limiting my time on forums and social media to no more than an hour a day and limiting my responses to only but related questions and publishing pr related questions.

Because this thing doesn't code itself.

The OP does need to updated... absolutely, with the tutorials and the wall of features. Will add it to my notes.

thanks for your replies.
i give this information out, or i would say advice because i see huge potential for your project and you choose to stay after bobsurplus and bter scam. not many people take this project seriously even though you put hard work into it. to gain people trust and take this project to 100+million marketcap or even head on with this crap etheriem i think you would need to let us know who you are and the team. please post who the team are with information this included photo too, hey, you could post my information as advisor/investor if you want. this includes in the OP and web site. all the big and successful ico and coin/token have this. after this fix put out a pr about this project and what it is about for just $500 for premium at pr.com, this information will blasts to yahoo finance and forbe ect. do this and your project should be worth 100million soon, remember this is huge! there are many legend status here and supported you, so it won't be wrong. good luck.
yes, i own .01% of bay  Cool

Right now I'm the only one developing so thats it. As for my information (is it not on the site?) I'm one of the least anonymous people there is in Bitcoin. You can find my background all over the internet in chess, acting, commercial production, photography, oil rigs, real estate, landsmen/easements, and satellite installation. There isn't some big team of people I control 100% of the code. However there is people who help out on slack and are pretty much there daily, and the guy who made the new website and got paid to do so. I'm not sure if there would be a reason to list them or not. Its up to them I suppose. I mean there is no reason to make the team appear bigger than it actually is. At the same time the slack guys are testing every day and I'm not trying to take away from that at all. Sirlose has had some long discussions with me about the economics of pegging we realize that it will be the first time anyone has tried it.

All the "big successful" ICOs you are referring to have that but are lying just to get investors money. The teams they do have they abandon. If it wasn't for the fact that I told everyone what Bob/BTER/Dai/Gekko were doing we would also have the "illusion" of a big team. While they sit there and laugh while I'm doing all the coding.

So yeah I wish to manifest what you are looking for but I'm an honest person and cannot embellish. Heck if I could find people to code with me it would be great but I'm not sure such a coder exists who would put all his time into this. Especially without funding.

We did some PR with Bitcoinbuzz and it was okay and had a few articles written around the same time as well as doing a banner on coinmarketcap. But i end up having to manage all of those campaigns and there isn't a guy to do marketing. So I'm either a marketer or a coder. Not sure what the community wants me to be.

I can assure you one thing. If I'm the marketer this will take forever to get finished. So better that I'm just the coder and forget about marketing.

I didn't know that PR.com was only 500. Is this true? If so cheaper than Bitcoinbuzz.

But thanks for the advice man. The software works, there isn't anything else in Bitcoin that even comes close to it. And judging from all the hype I would say we won't see anything like it for a few more years at least.

sound like you're the boss, you need to act like one.
a project with this magnitude need a team, not just one person with no direction.
you need to take a few weeks off of coding and organize/make a team, seen you're the boss you make your own rule.
please contact me if you're serious of what we're talking about. this can't be delay to act.
for the love of crypto i would do this for free, donation is accepted.
ok i'm stop posting here now.
thanks

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:25:35 PM

This is terrible. Yobit got paid and did not add? do they know they can cold stake the coins?

I think the variable pos rate depending on amount and length of time staked is a good idea. We need incentive to hold the coins. The small pos rate is not enough to encourage loyalty.

there is hardly anything worse for a POS coin than a staking exchange wallet -
small holders would almost never mint any coins  Sad say good bye to decentralization
we should be careful in choosing the right place for the trading big volumes of coins

staking is just an incentive, it's like % on the checking account, you wouldn't expect them high  Wink

major utility of the BAY and thus its value & the loyalty of the users should come from the BAY market, not from the POS rate

You are right, exchanges staking can be a bit of a risk. Thats why I'm waiting for decentralized exchanges. Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:27:28 PM

sound like you're the boss, you need to act like one.
a project with this magnitude need a team, not just one person with no direction.
you need to take a few weeks off of coding and organize/make a team, seen you're the boss you make your own rule.
please contact me if you're serious of what we're talking about. this can't be delay to act.
for the love of crypto i would do this for free, donation is accepted.
ok i'm stop posting here now.
thanks

Sure would love to take weeks off and build a team, to be honest, my whole life I've wanted to only be a manager of my own businesses and never wanted to be the actual "coder". Its just that good coders are hard to find and to keep them dedicated to this code with the same passion could cause big delays in development. Not to mention training them. On the marketing end I'm all ears but who would do the work when we have a somewhat limited budget? PM me any ideas you've got.
boldandbratsche

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:33:14 PM

Hey, so I have some ideas about marketing, but I have an immediate issue.  I tried downloading the BitBay PC Client version 1.26, and Avast antivirus flagged it as a virus.  I'm not sure why it did, but now I can't install it?
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:39:31 PM

Hey, so I have some ideas about marketing, but I have an immediate issue.  I tried downloading the BitBay PC Client version 1.26, and Avast antivirus flagged it as a virus.  I'm not sure why it did, but now I can't install it?

Avast flagged it? I use Avast myself, and no problem. Where did you download?

Are you sure Avast actually flagged it? Avast likes to have a good look at it before it says ok. Could that be what you are talking about?
boldandbratsche

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:41:09 PM

Hey, so I have some ideas about marketing, but I have an immediate issue.  I tried downloading the BitBay PC Client version 1.26, and Avast antivirus flagged it as a virus.  I'm not sure why it did, but now I can't install it?

Bitbay.market----
Munti

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:43:36 PM

Just edited my post ^^
boldandbratsche

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:49:10 PM

I can install it, but I cannot open it.  It says "CreateProcess failed; code 5"  or something, and then I can't open it.

The first time I downloaded it and tried to run, at each step it would scan it for about 15 seconds, and then it was like it's not malware, you're good.  But then when I tried to open it, it was like "woah this is a rare file, we're sending it in for a check to see if it is a virus this could take up to 120 minutes" or something.  5 minutes later, it's like "yep this is a virus we're putting it in the virus chest.  So I uninstalled it, then I reinstalled it.  Now every time I go to open it, I get this message.
Munti

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:54:51 PM

Hey, so I have some ideas about marketing, but I have an immediate issue.  I tried downloading the BitBay PC Client version 1.26, and Avast antivirus flagged it as a virus.  I'm not sure why it did, but now I can't install it?

I can install it, but I cannot open it.  It says "CreateProcess failed; code 5"  or something, and then I can't open it.

The first time I downloaded it and tried to run, at each step it would scan it for about 15 seconds, and then it was like it's not malware, you're good.  But then when I tried to open it, it was like "woah this is a rare file, we're sending it in for a check to see if it is a virus this could take up to 120 minutes" or something.  5 minutes later, it's like "yep this is a virus we're putting it in the virus chest.  So I uninstalled it, then I reinstalled it.  Now every time I go to open it, I get this message.

Give me 30 minutes. I'll download and do a clean install myself. What OS are you on btw?

cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:12:40 PM

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/739647c5decd64dd133720713a6c2093985594398292cbafcbd051b20a44ecac/analysis/

0/64

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:23:31 PM

Hey what's up guys.  I'm looking at featuring BitBay in an upcoming episode of the Crypto Times.

What features differentiate BitBay as the next big thing?

Munti

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:29:50 PM

I can install it, but I cannot open it.  It says "CreateProcess failed; code 5"  or something, and then I can't open it.

The first time I downloaded it and tried to run, at each step it would scan it for about 15 seconds, and then it was like it's not malware, you're good.  But then when I tried to open it, it was like "woah this is a rare file, we're sending it in for a check to see if it is a virus this could take up to 120 minutes" or something.  5 minutes later, it's like "yep this is a virus we're putting it in the virus chest.  So I uninstalled it, then I reinstalled it.  Now every time I go to open it, I get this message.

Give me 30 minutes. I'll download and do a clean install myself. What OS are you on btw?

I don't have an issue with avast, but I ran into something else. Please allow us a little time to figure this out. Will get David to look at it as soon as he comes online again.

Munti

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:32:31 PM

Hey what's up guys.  I'm looking at featuring BitBay in an upcoming episode of the Crypto Times.

That's great!  Smiley

I saw your post in another thread. I thought you might want David to answer that himself, so I sent him a message. He isn't online atm, but he'll respond when he gets here.

Munti

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:59:07 PM

Ok, so we found a problem with the latest download. It was put toghether quickly to patch something, but broke something else. There is no virus, but wairt for David to make a new build, because you are not likely to get this to run.
Will announce here when it's done
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:07:31 PM

That's great!  Smiley

I saw your post in another thread. I thought you might want David to answer that himself, so I sent him a message. He isn't online atm, but he'll respond when he gets here.

Great, looking forward to it.  I've heard nothing but good things about David.

boldandbratsche

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:09:06 PM

Ok, so we found a problem with the latest download. It was put toghether quickly to patch something, but broke something else. There is no virus, but wairt for David to make a new build, because you are not likely to get this to run.

Sounds good.  In the meantime, I have a ton of ideas about marketing.

I talked about some on Reddit, but the overview is that in order to get people to start using it there needs to be a small target market.  For that market, BitBay trades need to be as easy as the current trades, but offer something more.  I know several markets that operate exclusively on bitcoin/western union sales.  The problem is there is no protection for the buyer, and it's very easy for the sellers to scam.  We can pitch BitBay to these markets as an option for safe bitcoin sales for buyers.  Little do they know that they're actually stimulating the Bay economy and growing the popularity.  Soon, they'll bring it to other markets, and it'll grow further. 

Things that will aid in the adoption of BitBay by these markets:

1. Making it as easy to use BitBay from Bitcoin as possible.  The fewer steps needed, the more likely people are to use it.

2. Convincing buyers about how this works.  Some simple graphics that can be used to explain why BitBay is better than Bitcoin in a pitch to the target market will be super helpful.

3. Possibly having a 'BitBay Lite' download that would be impossible to mess up for the target market.  Like no unnecessary features, and so intuitive that an 8th grader could use it with ease.  This would be exclusively for contracts where one person is paying with coins and one person sends a good outside of the BitBay client.

4. Having the 'BitBay Lite' have preset values that favor the buyer compared to the current system.  I can get into the details if you want, but people would like it most if the buyer's reserve was ~0.5x the contract value, and the seller's reserve was ~1.5x the contract value.

This is just an idea to get people to start using it on a pretty small scale.  It would be very minimal, very targeted marketing.  However, I can guarantee it is SIGNIFICANTLY more effective than more generalized marketing, long term.  This concept is a home-run and a half, but if grassroots groups don't start using it you can be sure it won't gain any widespread traction.  The same thing happened with Bitcoin.  It took very small circles using it for it to gain any popularity. 

Let me know what you think.
Munti

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:17:25 PM

I talked about some on Reddit, but the overview is that in order to get people to start using it there needs to be a small target market.  For that market, BitBay trades need to be as easy as the current trades, but offer something more.  I know several markets that operate exclusively on bitcoin/western union sales.  The problem is there is no protection for the buyer, and it's very easy for the sellers to scam.  We can pitch BitBay to these markets as an option for safe bitcoin sales for buyers.  Little do they know that they're actually stimulating the Bay economy and growing the popularity.  Soon, they'll bring it to other markets, and it'll grow further. 

1. Making it as easy to use BitBay from Bitcoin as possible.  The fewer steps needed, the more likely people are to use it.

2. Convincing buyers about how this works.  Some simple graphics that can be used to explain why BitBay is better than Bitcoin in a pitch to the target market will be super helpful.

3. Possibly having a 'BitBay Lite' download that would be impossible to mess up for the target market.  Like no unnecessary features, and so intuitive that an 8th grader could use it with ease.  This would be exclusively for contracts where one person is paying with coins and one person sends a good outside of the BitBay client.

4. Having the 'BitBay Lite' have preset values that favor the buyer compared to the current system.  I can get into the details if you want, but people would like it most if the buyer's reserve was ~0.5x the contract value, and the seller's reserve was ~1.5x the contract value.

This is just an idea to get people to start using it on a pretty small scale.  It would be very minimal, very targeted marketing.  However, I can guarantee it is SIGNIFICANTLY more effective than more generalized marketing, long term.  This concept is a home-run and a half, but if grassroots groups don't start using it you can be sure it won't gain any widespread traction.  The same thing happened with Bitcoin.  It took very small circles using it for it to gain any popularity. 

I think you are on to something Smiley
Adding a lite build may be a problem though because it's scope creep. We have more than enough scope creep as is. But maybe we could solve it with good instructions/graphics/videos instead that target that specific use case.
cr197

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:40:54 PM

I think you are on to something Smiley
Adding a lite build may be a problem though because it's scope creep. We have more than enough scope creep as is. But maybe we could solve it with good instructions/graphics/videos instead that target that specific use case.

Yeah that's the beauty of this. If people want an easy button we could utilize a website with bitbay running under the hood. Sure it would be running on servers and centralized, but for those that don't care, it's definitely worth the effort to give it to them.
But yeah that's still down the road. Once core build is complete, marketing and tech funding should make it easy to integrate such a system.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:44:08 PM

The fee to fund the upkeep would still be nothing compared to Ebay and such, because the system could remain highly automated and trustless on a peer to peer level with the DDE.

Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: