Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164524 times)
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:19:20 PM

I follow this mangocoinz..since the early day the dev announce about this mcz project. And for tbat time it is the great altcoin project and IMO this mcz will be tbe best altcoin ever be, because the way of mining is mining by smartphone..and then suddenly an update to the new app in coming and close the beta version v.0.5b with the new one ( the blue app one ).. and something happen the change of the new app precisely make many disapointed for user of this app . Limited time to only two hour mining and the mining is have to always connect to the internet, this is the big thing that make this project become not interesting for many user.
i know you all guys will say..if i dont like this app just left it and go away from this mcz community. But you all guys have to know that I and other who disapppinted with the new app are also the member of this mcz community.
i just want to tell you about something that is going wrong with the new application but nothing wrong with mcz project actualy.
i hope you all guys will understand what i mean. This is will going to fail if there is a recovery from tbe dev.
Thank you

To be honest they have made it harder to mine. which is good in some kind of respect and instead of targeting everyone they targeted runners. I have to admit since the new blue app came I have mined 0.2 MGZ total because I never go running and if I go for a walk I forget to click go.
So as a normal person I am mining nothing. I presume the only people getting coins are runners or people with a good tumble dryer with a 2 hour cycle. But it does make the coin harder to mine. If it stayed the same and the app went Viral we would be out of coinz already. So I guess it was necessity.
Rather than mine I buy on exchanges.
anyway get your self out running there is a dice site coming soon  Grin

To peel or not to peel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 12:22:46 PM

Anybody else has the problem that the app is still crashing all the time, or the clock just stops?

I tried to connect over my country's 3G network (altough it's really expensive), and walked around for 8 hours with my phone in my pocket while the miner was running. The app crashed at least 5 times during the day, and in the end, the timer indicated it only mined for about 40 minutes...  Huh

Hey altcoinhosting,

What phone do you have?

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:00:55 PM

When will fix will come for my phone Sad Mangocoinz is still not working with my phone.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:52:36 PM

How many coins everyone mining/day? I can barely get 2 per day and then it says "maximum limit reached"

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:26:00 PM

I follow this mangocoinz..since the early day the dev announce about this mcz project. And for tbat time it is the great altcoin project and IMO this mcz will be tbe best altcoin ever be, because the way of mining is mining by smartphone..and then suddenly an update to the new app in coming and close the beta version v.0.5b with the new one ( the blue app one ).. and something happen the change of the new app precisely make many disapointed for user of this app . Limited time to only two hour mining and the mining is have to always connect to the internet, this is the big thing that make this project become not interesting for many user.
i know you all guys will say..if i dont like this app just left it and go away from this mcz community. But you all guys have to know that I and other who disapppinted with the new app are also the member of this mcz community.
i just want to tell you about something that is going wrong with the new application but nothing wrong with mcz project actualy.
i hope you all guys will understand what i mean. This is will going to fail if there is a recovery from tbe dev.
Thank you

To be honest they have made it harder to mine. which is good in some kind of respect and instead of targeting everyone they targeted runners. I have to admit since the new blue app came I have mined 0.2 MGZ total because I never go running and if I go for a walk I forget to click go.
So as a normal person I am mining nothing. I presume the only people getting coins are runners or people with a good tumble dryer with a 2 hour cycle. But it does make the coin harder to mine. If it stayed the same and the app went Viral we would be out of coinz already. So I guess it was necessity.

I feel the same way. I am just going to hold all the coins from the cool orange app, until I am forced to transfer them over.

Every time I am like yea walking! Then come home and like darn, I forgot my mango mining fun.

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:48:21 PM

Thank you

I feel the same way. I am just going to hold all the coins from the cool orange app, until I am forced to transfer them over.

Every time I am like yea walking! Then come home and like darn, I forgot my mango mining fun.

It would be good to have a lazy person mode. Where you can permanently switch it on and say earn 0.4 per day for normal useage. But if you use this then you cant use the running mining in the same day. Just an idea. Otherwise a lot of people might not bother.

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 05:44:34 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 07:34:04 PM by DOGEbubble

Hi, every body look at Headline above ".... cryptocurrencies on you smart phone."

That's it, to be on the way to be the greatest Mobile "Crypto."

You can mine it but you don't have to. I do not mine US$ or Bitcoin but I use it. What's wrong?

We do not mine any other cryptos off-line, in "lazy mode" or using window XP either; there is certain requirements to mine certain cryptos with certain algos.  I do not have powerful graphic cards that will burn like a heater. Do I ever complain about that?

The true is that every other alt-coins are copycats but Mangocoins is one-of-a-kind mobile crypto.

Mobile systems will likely make MCZ popular but if the present amount of potential profits from mined Mangocoinz won't make every one shake/accelerate his/her smartphone hard enough, the system would be likely too costly to become extremely successful.

In order to become an acceptable crypto, you cannot mine off-line or in lazy mode, there is no way turning back, especially due to the fact that the iphones have been using the new algos.

If you look at the Mangocoinz blockchain viewer, https://mangocoinz.com/blockchain, every minute the amount MCZcoins you mined is recorded in a blockchain, in addition to any transactions.

That's one of the only sure ways to faithfully record the mining activities.

Two-hour limitation makes sense; Otherwise, the system would need 12 times more computer power, in addition to reasons stated by our greatest Dev's.  Cheesy
The Mangocoins blockchain viewer showed plenty of people mined more than 0.05 MCZ per min all the time, translating into more than 5 MCZ daily.  Cheesy

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:33:52 PM

Well I think you are right... and I agree with the changes. Like I said it had to happen. Also I still fully believe in MGZ just for a lazy person like me it isn't worth mining really.. so 8 buy instead Wink

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 04:03:53 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 01:06:05 PM by DOGEbubble

Hi, Dev's:

I would like to propose the probability of making MCZ mining worthwhile even for a lazy person in a lazy mode.  Cheesy

We need a refering new user system to promote adoption of mangocoinz.  Cheesy

Any person who recruits another person would be given additional 5-20% hashing power for every one whom he has recruited who has been actively mining (defined by such as based on previous monthly-total-mining yield of at least 10% of regular maximal expected mining activities; new miner would be active by default until next monthly tally.)

The person/smartphone who designates the person who refer/recruit him/her when signing up for the first time will be also given a similar percent increase of hashing power- to promote such designation.

This will be an unprecedented built-in system in cryptos that will perpetuate and promote the growth of user bases of MCZ and also encourage everyone to keep an active mining status or doing so by increasing hashing power by recruiting more new users - even while in the "lazy mode."  Cheesy

Therefore, if you have, say, 20 of 50 persons who you have refered in the past, being active miners (due to active mining last month), you would have a hashing power of 1+0.05*20=2 x  Wow!

The person who you have referred, would also have an increase of hashing power of 1+0.05= 1.05 X

It is a self-advertising system.  Cheesy

Should we be worried about the increased amount of MCZ mined degrading the value of Mangocoinz.  Probably not.

My finding in the past suggests that increased number of users having effects on the values of cryptos, squarely/two-dimensionally, not linearly, if I am not wrong. The also could be explained by interaction (mining/trading/transaction- i.e. using of cryptos) of two linear dimensions would be square/two dimensional.

This is a finding I called Edgar's Law of Cryptocoin Market Cap.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737405.msg9909179#msg9909179

In short, the cryptocoin value would be increased and not much diluated in the scale of magnitude of   (20+1)^2/ (20x1.05+1x2)= 19X  and  probably a much higher percentage of hashing rate increase for each referral can be used. This is on top of more MCZ mined- i.e. squarely, overall on the MCZ market Cap.  Cheesy

This does not calculate the decreased diluting-effect on crypto (and thus increased) price when the mining (block) rewards are being cut significantly with time.  Cheesy

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:22:33 AM

Anybody else has the problem that the app is still crashing all the time, or the clock just stops?

I tried to connect over my country's 3G network (altough it's really expensive), and walked around for 8 hours with my phone in my pocket while the miner was running. The app crashed at least 5 times during the day, and in the end, the timer indicated it only mined for about 40 minutes...  Huh

Hey altcoinhosting,

What phone do you have?

Hi, i have a doogee voyager dg310, it's a standard quad core MTK android 4.4.2. 3G hasn't full coverage, so my phone falls back to 2G once in a while, but it's constantly connected to the internet...

Since my 3G network is pretty expensive, i cannot try this every day, but i did try it again yesterday: i enabled 3G, started mangocoinz (the counter was counting backwards from 1:59:59), went for a one hour walk. When i came back home after approx 1 hour, i unlocked my phone => mangocoinz was still running with 1:52:00 on the counter!!! It only counted 8 minutes of my 1 hour walk  Sad

b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:53:26 AM

Thank you

It would be good to have a lazy person mode. Where you can permanently switch it on and say earn 0.4 per day for normal useage. But if you use this then you cant use the running mining in the same day. Just an idea. Otherwise a lot of people might not bother.

I agree with your idea..but i have another idea..my idea is just delete the limitation for two hour mining..only limited just the coin not the time..time to mine unlimited but the coin limited for daily 7 mcz like today
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:46:42 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 12:46:51 AM by DOGEbubble

If there is no general technical/security concern and Dev's love a lot of tweakings of the app, both "lazy mode" and "Daily MCZ limit mode" are fine.

But this would start to make Mangocoinz look more like a coupons business with advertising campaigns changed all the time/from time to time/seasonally/on any events, rather than being on a par with other cryptos which all have had mining schedules completed soon on launches or strictly built-in to the crypto clients and pretty much unchanged from the onset of the launches.

Having a single mining algo makes thing much, much simpler, unless there is a reliable way of measuring and calculating the ratio of the different (physical) hashing power. Otherwise, there is another problem of users fighting all the time to have their "hashing" activity assigned to a much higher reward level.

Any intended mining algos should be built-in as soon as possible; otherwise, (we can) simply declare it to be a multi-algos-mining crypto,
...........While Mangocoinz is closely becoming one of the top 100 high-cap cryptos.  Cheesy

This also makes any person who already has limited connectivity such as @altcoinhosting in a even much more unfavorable level.  Cheesy

skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:10:03 PM

Hey altcoinhosting,

What phone do you have?

Hi, i have a doogee voyager dg310, it's a standard quad core MTK android 4.4.2. 3G hasn't full coverage, so my phone falls back to 2G once in a while, but it's constantly connected to the internet...

Since my 3G network is pretty expensive, i cannot try this every day, but i did try it again yesterday: i enabled 3G, started mangocoinz (the counter was counting backwards from 1:59:59), went for a one hour walk. When i came back home after approx 1 hour, i unlocked my phone => mangocoinz was still running with 1:52:00 on the counter!!! It only counted 8 minutes of my 1 hour walk  Sad
Mine does this too...
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:26:49 AM

Hey guys. Just a quick update.

We are currently working on a referral system for MangoCoinz. Pretty straightforward: both the inviter and the person invited receive rewards. So, here's a new incentive to invite your friends to join in on MangoCoinz.
We will go into details a bit more once we get further into development. Do you guys have any suggestions about what kind of rewards should we give through the referral system? We want to hear your opinion on this.

Bugs. We are hiring a new developer soon, his only job will be to wipe out these menacing bugs. We will also add a new email address which will be used only for bug reports. Think of it as a bug-solving dedicated customer support. More info on this coming soon.

Best regards, Svonione from MangoCoinz.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
thispanda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:16:19 PM

First of all, good work devs and I wish you all the best with your project. I have a few suggestions, based on my experience with MCZ since the very beginning. This is meant as constructive criticism Wink Some points are probably also suggested by other earlier in the thread.

1. Get rid of the timer. Why limit both time and coins per day? It makes it unnecessary complicated, and in addition the timer does not work. Why not leave the app to generate/"mine" coins as long as it is running, just like before?

2. Make it interesting to take part in the project again. In other words, make it easy and make it possible to earn something. Due to problems with the app and the timer this is currently not the case. I would suggest a similar function as you had before. Make it possible to accumulate coins that can be generated. This can be set to expire after say 7 days, so its only the "leftover" coins the last days that contribute to the cap. This will make going on a long run/bike ride of say 5-6 hours worth it. If it is not possible to generate actual value, it won't be used. I'm not gonna bother with MCZ if I workout 5 hours and made 40 USD cents equivalent in MCZ (which is currently not even possible), and I doubt a lot of people will.

3. Sort out and communicate how value will be generated in the future. There was a cap before I think of 16M something. User expect a similar monetary reward, say in USD or BTC, for the same work. How will this work if you get a lot of users? How can you promote positive price / market cap gain?

4. Get the app working BEFORE you do any more promotion or referral campaign. As is it is now, I doubt anyone would stick with it, unfortunately.

5. Make the algorithm that decides rate of generated coins depend on both phone movement and rough distance travelled (using location, from cell towers should be enough to keep battery use low).

6. Find a good strategy to avoid people gaming the system (tumble drying a farm of phones, emulators etc).

7. Don't associate yourself with other cryptos. It's clearly not the same and functions is a widely different manner, and you will receive a lot of criticism for it.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 05:19:29 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 01:59:54 AM by DOGEbubble

At present, at least iphone beta Mangocoinz works quite perfectly. For Android smartphones, it appears that the App does not work on some newer version ( or older one ?) of the Android operating system?

As I stated before, An efficient rewarding system will likely address the issue of attracting more users and increasing the value the MCZ. A simple reward system (i.e., one time reward) could be easily programmed and made to work across both iphone and Android smartphone systems without any bugs. There is no need to wait. This will enhance the expansion of Mangocoinz values/market caps and should ultimately & very soon lead to a day when the MCZ maximal rewards drop to 0.05 MCZ (or even lower) per account per day while the Mangocoinz price reaches, say, above 0.03 BTC per MCZ.

The present values of MCZ any person can get daily are high enough, as compared to any other crypto, especially considering the very likely, and already rise in price. Anything higher than present reward, I have to say, is ridiculous, as we repeatedly getting the talks of going back to good old days of somehow you would get 7 MCZ, probably in certain "lazy mode."

We should think of Mangocoinz as both being fun and easily being adopted to use in association of promotion of fitness, not payment for sweats. Otherwise, for the physical activities we take, we get rewards of Endorphin. I keep them to myself. No one should be paid and I do not want to pay, say $5, for anyone in this world who would do workout for 2-5 hours.

The major barrier for MCZ values is to get (the 99.999.... % of the whole world population who are non-users to become) new users who do not have any faintest idea about what "coins" are. For the first times, I have been able to talk about Mangocoinz and attempting to attract more than 10 users to sign-up for MCZ from among persons I have contacts. I would not have the chance, would not want to and would be impossible to do that for any other cryptos, unless there is such a belief that both attracting more users will increase the value of MCZ and that the value of MCZ will increase very much and can be promoted as such.

The only two Android users, who can sign-up do not want to. One was already showing off her Smart Bracelet tracking her physical activity. The other did not even remember her email password and would not bother to create a new one. Hopefully, as the popularity of Mangocoinz increases it would be much easier to attract one.

Most would be immediately interested in knowing how to get the money but none I asked had a Paypal account. There are plenty of barriers to attract new users.

Try to answer this question:  

thispanda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:07:26 AM

I have tried the app on Android 2.3, 4.4 and 5.0. The latter version is the only case where it's not stuck on the loading screen (i.e. it actually launches). The timer is however broken, making it not functioning. I have really tried, more than I'd like to admit, and I've generated 0.7 MCZ over 17 days.

I agree you shouldn't get rich or see it as payment, but if you want people to use the app you'll need to provide an incentive. Doing a referral campaign now,with a non functional app is clearly not a good idea.

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:07:31 AM

I have tried the app on Android 2.3, 4.4 and 5.0. The latter version is the only case where it's not stuck on the loading screen (i.e. it actually launches). The timer is however broken, making it not functioning. I have really tried, more than I'd like to admit, and I've generated 0.7 MCZ over 17 days.

I agree you shouldn't get rich or see it as payment, but if you want people to use the app you'll need to provide an incentive. Doing a referral campaign now,with a non functional app is clearly not a good idea.

Its a good point. New users faced wiith a non functioning APP will be no good at all.

To peel or not to peel.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:30:45 AM

this sux i loved this coin before the 2 hrs mining and all my coins dissapeared after the update   way to ruin something awesome

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:31:20 AM

this sux i loved this coin before the 2 hrs mining and all my coins dissapeared after the update   way to ruin something awesome

Did you tell the DEVS about your loss?

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: