Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164524 times)
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 11:19:56 PM

It is great to see plenty of enthusiasms there.
I will go back from time to time.
There were crazy ways of mining. Those might not be quite practical, energy efficient or cost-effective or safe for smartphones. I won't be overly concerned.

After all, the "lazy mode" mining is going to be put back and everyone will need to be motivated to get the full daily allowance of Mangocoinz mining.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:15:35 PM

Hey everybody,

We've just uploaded the latest version of MangoCoinz which is v0.8.3 and it brings with it bug and crash fixes.
Also, now while mining, the notification LED blinks to indicate that everything is working as it should.

Please tell us if there are any bugs/crashes, and if the app now works and it previously didn't.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

I have just downloaded and installed this newer blue version and I get this signin error, even when I am logged out of the original orange app.

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:42:02 PM

Hey you have to use a different username like an email address.. then send your coins from the old to the new address from what I remember. Wink but when you send the old coins make sure test with a few first..

To peel or not to peel.
YKmoment

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:16:48 PM

Hey you have to use a different username like an email address.. then send your coins from the old to the new address from what I remember. Wink but when you send the old coins make sure test with a few first..

Yes you need to sign up once again. And maybe even better store coins on the old app or send it to webwallet so you dont need to pay fee twice.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:16:02 PM

Guys if we really want to get Mangocoinz moving Vote at cryptsy :
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

Of us the Bitcoin paid votes here

17cLJgzKNhkULkwAsNBEkz1krfTg9iaBTh

Slowly but surely will win the race though as before we go big the DEVS still need to iron out bugs. so start now and we can go crazy in a month or 2

To peel or not to peel.
thispanda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:42:10 PM

Hey everybody,

We've just uploaded the latest version of MangoCoinz which is v0.8.3 and it brings with it bug and crash fixes.
Also, now while mining, the notification LED blinks to indicate that everything is working as it should.

Please tell us if there are any bugs/crashes, and if the app now works and it previously didn't.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

Great, thanks! Could I suggest that you specify what bugs you are fixing, so that people can actually test for that?

Unfortunately for me, this release works worse than the previous. On the previous release I was able to mine by forcing the phone to stay awake through another app. Now this only works for about 1 to 10 minutes. If I try to mine without forcing some other process to keep the phone awake, the mining stops the second screen is off or I switch apps. Also, the timer seems to reset in the notification, and its impossible to get rid of notification without force closing.This makes it impossible to use once again. This is on 5.0.2, on 4.4 the app still doesn't launch. I might test on 2.3 later (did not launch before). Bring back v 0.5 until you fix critical bugs and do proper testing before release? Might be an idea to code in failure tests so that the app crashes or hangs on unintended behaviour so that people can submit stack traces
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:22:56 PM

Hey everyone!

We are at a bit of crossroads and we need your help in deciding.

As you all know, our friends from China suggested that we multiply the number of all coins by 100. So 1 MCZ -> 100 MCZ. This would also affect the coin cap. What  do you guys think about this? We would like to see everyone's opinion on this.

We are also working on returning the old way of mining. Everything will the same as the old app but you will need an active internet connection if you want to mine. We are continuing our work on solving bugs. Every day we solve some and are getting closer to a stable version.

Also another thing we need your opinion on. Do you guys think it's a good move to get into Cryptsy? We have enough funds to buy all the paid votes and be on top of their list right now. This would get us listed there.

What are your thoughts on all of these matters?

Best regards, Svonione from MangoCoinz.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:28:02 PM

so if I have 1 MGZ I will now have 100MGZ?  Is that the deal? Otherwise its not fair fr current holders

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:29:22 PM

Hey everyone!

As you all know, our friends from China suggested that we multiply the number of all coins by 100. So 1 MCZ -> 100 MCZ. This would also affect the coin cap. What  do you guys think about this? We would like to see everyone's opinion on this.

We are also working on returning the old way of mining. Everything will the same as the old app but you will need an active internet connection if you want to mine. We are continuing our work on solving bugs. Every day we solve some and are getting closer to a stable version.

Also another thing we need your opinion on. Do you guys think it's a good move to get into Cryptsy? We have enough funds to buy all the paid votes and be on top of their list right now. This would get us listed there.

For crypts wait until we have a SOLID working APP. Otherwise its a waste of time.. Really it just puts people off.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:42:17 PM

So 1 MCZ -> 100 MCZ?Huh

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:47:36 PM

So 1 MCZ -> 100 MCZ?Huh

donot you think it is a great idea?
our chinese community are warming up and crazy now.
exciting news.

It doesn't make sense... How can 1 MCZ suddenly be equal to 100 MCZ? Is there something I am missing here?

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 06:04:08 PM

Hey everyone!

As you all know, our friends from China suggested that we multiply the number of all coins by 100. So 1 MCZ -> 100 MCZ. This would also affect the coin cap. What  do you guys think about this? We would like to see everyone's opinion on this.

It is certainly a good idea to set everything up without further fundamental change before Mangocoinz becomes extremely popular.

It was mentioned before:
Also please stop taking about MGC, it confuses newcomers and makes no sense. You honestly don't think that 1 Mangocoinz = 1000 Mangocoin is confusing? 1 bitcoins = 1000 bitcoin? If you want a denomination for the lower amounts, that is clearly not the answer. Listen to barabbas, he is talking sense.

Thank you for the analysis.

I was posting mainly to point out that the present reward value even at around 1-2 MCZ is as close to the previous value when 7 MCZ were made. The brief higher values  spanned from more than 10000 satos to less 300 satos but it is fair to say that by even making only 1.5 MCZ now, it still can be better than before. I have been following the prices over the past 5 months very closely.

It is essential for every Manogcoin user to understand that it is a matter of time when user number increases so much that MCZ rewarded would be decreased but the overall value would be about the same or even better in the future (due to about proportionally increased prices). Hopefully, nobody would post their complains about getting 0.01 MCZ,  0.0001 MCZ daily, even if it would be still valued at, say, total of around $2; someone might still complains about the small number of coins.

I have confidence in our dev's all along and they will fix all these problems. No matter what they are going to do, I shall be happy.
 Cheesy

1) a change to 100x or 1000x numerically is not just psychological; it is for practical reasons- convenience of uses- especially running on a mobile smartphone and wallet, most transactions being expected to be small.

2) Combined increase in MCZ values and mining reward halving - usually expected when the 1/2, then additional 1/4, then 1/8, etc, of the final total planned MCZ are mined; in order to reach the final total in the long run- probably will happen much sooner than any imagination. It is not impossible that the MCZ value could rise 100x or even faster in 10 years; therefore, a mining reward of

0.05 or 0.005 (old) MCZ = 50 or 5 (new) MCZ     (i.e., x1000 in this scenario) will soon happen, unless mining will be unthinkably discontinued before that.

3) Because Mangocoinz is still a centralized system. It would be easy to change. By

Simply calling the new Mangocoin as Mangocoin; i.e. Mangocoin implies New Mangocoin and
the previously mined Mangocoins would be automatically Changed to Old Mangocoin and called as such.

4) Always use the full name (Mangocoin or Old Mangocoin). Any use of abbreviations should either use different symbols to avoid confusions or simply use old MCZ or new MCZ to avoid confusion.

Although new MCZ might mean hundredth of MCZ  or thousandth of MCZ (mMCZ); avoid using it- for the same reasons "psychological"- to achieve the effect of changing denominations; otherwise, it would be even more confusions (and it would not even be a real change) and it would be definitely better to simply use a completely different name   Cheesy

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:12:22 PM

sorry,you are no clever enough for me to waste time for explaination.
Wow what a pleasant great person you are. I wish I could buy you a beer and talk to you all night.

So with my very stupid brain I understand that 16 mill cap of coins mined will go to 1.6 Billion. All the current users will see there coins multiplied?

It makes no sense at all. Rather have the basic denomination something different but keep the cap at 16 Mill MCZ

So changing the total mined coins available is a BAD idea. But changing the basic denomination will work. There fore 1 MGZ (or however the new denomination will be) = 0.01 MCZ

Changing the total mined coins is no good for any one.. But if you make MGZ the norm then it could work.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:57:12 PM

There is a way to make this change a professional way and a way to do it in a non professional way.
Ripple labs are professional and centralised and they would not just multiply there coins just because some people wanted to.
Keep 16 million capped bit change the denomination. It has exactly 100% the same out come and results but it keeps a level of professionalism.  
If you really want to go and tell your 2.5 million people not to play the dice site then that's your choice. The reason I made it is for the mcz coin to support it and get more interest in it. With the house edge so low and provably fair then it really isn't to make money.

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 12:03:39 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 12:22:37 AM by DOGEbubble

In short, having New Mangocoin vs Old Mangocoin, by name, in facts does not even need to change a thing in the database files.

It is simply a matter of how it is displayed and how it is called.  Therefore, it would look more just like this

Total:

*This is new Mangocoin; this is the same as 125.00 old Mangocoins.

Or anythings to that effect.  Cheesy

6 months- one year after the change and upgrades by the whole community, the footnote would be probably no longer necessary.  Cheesy

smalloldman

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:07:42 AM

So 1 MCZ -> 100 MCZ?Huh

donot you think it is a great idea?
our chinese community are warming up and crazy now.
exciting news.
I think it's a good idea,Because this change will allow more people to participate,collect coins。 Grin Grin Grin
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 03:33:48 AM

In short, having New Mangocoin vs Old Mangocoin, by name, in facts does not even need to change a thing in the database files.

It is simply a matter of how it is displayed and how it is called.  Therefore, it would look more just like this

Total:

6 months- one year after the change and upgrades by the whole community, the footnote would be probably no longer necessary.  Cheesy

as soon as this change occurs there would be a massive dump on standing orders on exchanges, inflating the number of coins in this manner not a trivial thing.  Do people really want to own 1000NewMangos at 0.0000003BTC instead of 1 MCZ at 0.0003BTC ?  and we do have this thing called decimals, what wrong with owning 0.5 MCZ if in future it trades for 0.004 or $2?  

the purpose of this change seems to be to satisfy a demand for to own "more" coins like how a government/central bank would by issuing more but decreasing the power of each coin Sad
why would you want intentionally resist a higher demand for your current MCZ and the result of a increased price/exchange rate for them?  Huh

whatever happens exchanges would need to informed in advanced so markets can be frozen and orderbooks cleared, it would be terrible for mangocoinz if someone accidently bought NewMCZ at the old price. Sad

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:54:04 AM

1 MCZ = 100 MCZ doesn't make sense? Most people choose to mine mangocoinz because 1. It can be mine over a smartphone! and 2. The value of mangocoinz is reasonable enoigh for all the efforts done in mining. Unlike mining other coinz MCZ requires physical effort so it requires more effort than the other. Plus! c'mon guys look at the other side where mangocoinz were introduced as the first coin to be mined profitable in a smartphone. There must be another way to gain investors without loosing the credibility of mcz to be mine easier.
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:15:58 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 08:28:21 AM by HunterS

Can someone advise?  From 0.5.3b to 0.8.2

The problem appears in the fact that the old one was a Username and the new one requires an E-mail address to login.  So I when I do "Send" from the old one, it asks for the username.....and entring the E-MAIL of my new wallet gives me an error.

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Anyone?  (To the above?)  Can anyone assist?  This is so frustrating......  Sad

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:39:15 AM

Total:

6 months- one year after the change and upgrades by the whole community, the footnote would be probably no longer necessary.  Cheesy

as soon as this change occurs there would be a massive dump on standing orders on exchanges, inflating the number of coins in this manner not a trivial thing.  Do people really want to own 1000NewMangos at 0.0000003BTC instead of 1 MCZ at 0.0003BTC ?  and we do have this thing called decimals, what wrong with owning 0.5 MCZ if in future it trades for 0.004 or $2?  

the purpose of this change seems to be to satisfy a demand for to own "more" coins like how a government/central bank would by issuing more but decreasing the power of each coin Sad
why would you want intentionally resist a higher demand for your current MCZ and the result of a increased price/exchange rate for them?  Huh

whatever happens exchanges would need to informed in advanced so markets can be frozen and orderbooks cleared, it would be terrible for mangocoinz if someone accidently bought NewMCZ at the old price. Sad

I agree 100% decimals and use terminology for the new decimals. JuSt like bitcoin has a satoshi.
It's the only way to do it and keep credibility

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: