Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164524 times)
thispanda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:07:19 PM

Also please stop taking about MGC, it confuses newcomers and makes no sense. You honestly don't think that 1 Mangocoinz = 1000 Mangocoin is confusing? 1 bitcoins = 1000 bitcoin? If you want a denomination for the lower amounts, that is clearly not the answer. Listen to barabbas, he is talking sense.

Thank you for the analysis.

I was posting mainly to point out that the present reward value even at around 1-2 MCZ is as close to the previous value when 7 MCZ were made. The brief higher values  spanned from more than 10000 satos to less 300 satos but it is fair to say that by even making only 1.5 MCZ now, it still can be better than before. I have been following the prices over the past 5 months very closely.

It is essential for every Manogcoin user to understand that it is a matter of time when user number increases so much that MCZ rewarded would be decreased but the overall value would be about the same or even better in the future (due to about proportionally increased prices). Hopefully, nobody would post their complains about getting 0.01 MCZ,  0.0001 MCZ daily, even if it would be still valued at, say, total of around $2; someone might still complains about the small number of coins.

I have confidence in our dev's all along and they will fix all these problems. No matter what they are going to do, I shall be happy. http://images.clipartof.com/thumbnails/1299838-Cartoon-Yellow-Smiley-Face-Emoticon-Crossing-Fingers-For-Good-Luck.jpg
 Cheesy

True, one has to consider the value of MCZ, which has and will continue to fluctuate a lot. Is there a long term (complete, since trading started) daily price record anywhere?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 06:54:50 PM

Hey everybody,

Just a quick update.
We've acquired a phone that has the mentioned bugs that some of you have experienced and we're pleased to tell you that we've fixed them.
We're talking about some crash bugs and timer issues.

The app will be available to update in a few days. We still need to button things up a bit before we can release it onto Google Play.

Also, we're considering making a hybrid comeback of the old way of mining.
The way we're considering this to work is by allowing all 24 hours in the day for mining with a max amount of coins that can be mined, but with an active internet connection requirement.
This is basically the old way of mining (from the old orange app) but with a internet connection.
Please tell us your thought on this.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:57:22 PM

I have to say that I have now given up on Mangocoinz. I loved the old Android wallet and I used it since the beginning but the new wallet is just wrong. Sorry Mangocoinz....I'm out...

Soooooooon...............
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:50:54 PM

Hey everybody,

Just a quick update.
We've acquired a phone that has the mentioned bugs that some of you have experienced and we're pleased to tell you that we've fixed them.

The app will be available to update in a few days. We still need to button things up a bit before we can release it onto Google Play.

The way we're considering this to work is by allowing all 24 hours in the day for mining with a max amount of coins that can be mined, but with an active internet connection requirement.
This is basically the old way of mining (from the old orange app) but with a internet connection.

That sounds great.
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:54:46 PM

Hey everybody,

Just a quick update.

please bring back the "lazy" or "passive"  miner some people are TIME REKT and seriously cannot shake their phone for 2 hours this will be awesome and remove all my new found hate of this product

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 12:29:54 AM

Hey everybody,

I believe that this hybrid-algo satisfies all the basic demands posted so far. I am happy to see that this coin will finally step into the main journey of crypto revolution in full throttle.

It does cost you to make it work only with internet connection- could that be the reasons someone are still not happy. This probably will prevent someone having thousands of smartphones, easily running them whole days in lazy mode,( including probably energy-free by such as hanging them like windchimes!)- i.e., may prevent extremely low-cost, high-volume gaming of the system (if it can be done without internet connection at all.)

Therefore, certainly the cost (of being online) is the issue but every other crypto client needs online to do anything and full-blockchain-records syncing just to start working, in addition to only getting rewards in full-competition mode by solving a block. Mangocoinz does not give anyone those difficulties.

Also, it is a reality that Mangocoinz counts a lot of people out:  those having no smartphone, no email or not using emails, and those disinterested in or having not heard of or incapable of understanding what cryptos are.

Maybe, the days may come when you can miner Mangocoinz with smartbracelets, smartwatches or smartpedometers.

I believe that our Dev's know the best and they have been doing and will continue to do the best things.    Cheesy

blakeaholics

Activity: 312

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 08:08:45 AM

Hey everybody,

I believe that this hybrid-algo satisfies all the basic demands posted so far. I am happy to see that this coin will finally step into the main journey of crypto revolution in full throttle.

What algo? Is there a hashing algorithm and/or encryption? There wasn't last time I checked. It might be a similar concept to cryptocurrency but it's technically not.
If not then people need to stop calling it a cryptocurrency and just call it a mobile or digital currency.

Also please do bring back the old style of 'mining'. I barely get any regardless of what I do in those two hours but the old app I'd do well. I don't think I've gotten a full coin in a day since the new app came out. I'm all for that change.
thispanda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:45:04 AM

Hey everybody,

Just a quick update.

Good stuff, looking forward to the update.
I think bringing back time-unlimited mining is the way to go. Hope it can be as stable and battery efficient as the 0.5.x version was. Are you also considering bringing back the cumulative max amount (i.e. unused max amount from previous days (or X days) adds up)?
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 10:22:25 PM

-----------------------------

What algo? Is there a hashing algorithm and/or encryption? There wasn't last time I checked. It might be a similar concept to cryptocurrency but it's technically not.
If not then people need to stop calling it a cryptocurrency and just call it a mobile or digital currency.

Also please do bring back the old style of 'mining'. I barely get any regardless of what I do in those two hours but the old app I'd do well. I don't think I've gotten a full coin in a day since the new app came out. I'm all for that change.

Why there is no Mangocoinz algo? If not, then Mangocoinz still has "algos."   Cheesy

an algorithm usually means a small procedure that solves a recurrent problem.   http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/algorithm

The MCZ programs try to solve the problems of detecting certain (major or representative) characteristics of human physical activities (predominantly in the sport activities) and only try to recognize certain magnitudes of acceleration or deceleration (or any other possible detections/measures) as significant physical activity. It does not (or not much) assign the distance you travel or the speed (how fast you get there) as representative due to being likely due to non-physical /sport activities, such as driving a car or traveling in an airplaine, etc.)

Therefore, you create certain physical activities to be registered as significant physical activity by MCZ "algo" and you are awarded a small amount of Mangocoinz such as 0.02 MCZ for certain time range of total physical activities.

If I am not wrong, the MCZs created were cryptographically documented.  https://mangocoinz.com/blockchain
for example:
The number below probably is a cryptograhically generated address.
Sync: 688608813B0A7BE18C7995DA161A7638169556E29A4A1953D936B579C6371120 amount 0.022762 MCZ on 2015-08-10 19:55:02

Therefore, if the above is true then Mangocoinz is still considered a crypto, but unlike other crypto.

The MCZ coin amount you generated is not based on competition to "solve a block" like during the POW stage of other cryptos but it is close to the power of stake (POS). The Mangocoinz is different but it still has to implement certain "algos" to award MCZ. Being in competition mode is not an essential part of (the definition of) AlgoCheesy

blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 11:27:07 PM

Why there is no Mangocoinz algo? [ b][ color=navy][ size=12pt] If not, then Mangocoinz still has "algos."[/size][/color] [/b]  Cheesy

[ color=brown][ size=12pt][ b]an algorithm usually means a small procedure that solves a recurrent problem[/b][/size][/color].   http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/algorithm

The MCZ programs try to solve the problems of detecting certain (major or representative) characteristics of human physical activities (predominantly in the sport activities) and only try to recognize certain magnitudes of acceleration or deceleration (or any other possible detections/measures) as significant physical activity. It does not (or not much) assign the distance you travel or the speed (how fast you get there) as representative due to being likely due to non-physical /sport activities, such as driving a car or traveling in an airplaine, etc.)

Therefore, you create certain physical activities to be registered as significant physical activity by MCZ "algo" and you are awarded a small amount of Mangocoinz such as 0.02 MCZ for certain time range of total physical activities.

If I am not wrong, the MCZs created were cryptographically documented.  https://mangocoinz.com/blockchain
for example:
The number below probably is a cryptograhically generated address.
Sync: 688608813B0A7BE18C7995DA161A7638169556E29A4A1953D936B579C6371120 amount 0.022762 MCZ on 2015-08-10 19:55:02

Therefore, if the above is true then Mangocoinz is still considered a [ color=brown][ size=12pt][ b]crypto[/b][/size][/color], but unlike other crypto.

The MCZ coin amount you generated is not based on competition to "solve a block" like during the POW stage of other cryptos but it is close to the power of stake (POS). The Mangocoinz is different but it still has to implement certain "algos" to award MCZ. Being in competition mode is not an essential part of (the definition of)[ size=12pt][ color=brown][ b] Algo[/b][/color][/size].  Cheesy

God damn your posts are annoying to read.  Cheesy

I am talking about any sort of cryptography/hashing/encryption, not the method in which they choose to reward physical activity.
I'd decompiled the old app before they obfuscated the code and there was nothing of the sort in it. Sending and receiving to their servers was in plain-text.

I'm asking a fair question and just looking for an honest answer, not whatever

The MCZ coin amount you generated is not based on competition to "solve a block" like during the POW stage of other cryptos but it is close to the power of stake (POS). The Mangocoinz is different but it still has to implement certain "algos" to award MCZ. Being in competition mode is not an essential part of (the definition of)[ size=12pt][ color=brown][ b] Algo[/b][/color][/size].  Cheesy
It literally is not like POS. Also it's Proof of Stake unless you just meant staking is powerful?

As to to me not receiving coins while exercising, I'm not turning it on and taking the bus or going for a drive. I'm running, mountain biking, skateboarding and neither seem more effective than the others.
I'm active for a minimum of 3 hours a day, with at least 1 hour of hard activity and yet I get something like 0.6 at best.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 01:45:38 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 02:43:17 AM by DOGEbubble

The Mangocoinz set the algos for you and measures the your activities for you.

The word "Algo" is mostly but not limited to the meaning: "to solve a problem by computer".

an algorithm usually means a small procedure that solves a recurrent problem.   http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/algorithm

The "recurrent problem" is to have your physical activity registered as significant and be reward MCZ based on total amount of significant movement for a certain period of time.

They have to eliminate those activities which could not be reliably confirmed to be purely (and specifically) generated from human physical activities and not emulated by a computer program or a shaking machine; otherwise, it won't be fair.

They can only implement "Algos" of high specificity for you to generate a coin. It is not a just a "method"; it is a requirement of certain physical measurements and amounts for you to accomplish just like your computer is required to hash with certain algo(s) to be rewarded with other cryptos-  Certainly your physical activity is not "hashing" and your computer is not primarily exerting shaking power either.

You are not really mining MCZ and you computer is not really mining either.

Therefore, Mangocoinz could not be a program that measures and records all activities objectively, as a lot of people have demanded. It wants to assign only certain algos-the human physical activities of very high specificity for your to run to be rewarded. Other fake activities can still create but not much MCZ. This makes MCZ as fair as possible. ( A 60-Hz Ac vibrator can only create about 0.01 MCZ per minute and you can do better by holding smartphone in hand and shaking only 1-2 times per second. How well you can incorporate your physical activity or sports into making Mangocoins is presently up to you. )  Cheesy

Again, the above are what I presently understand and believe about Mangocoinz and the problems it has been dealing with.  Cheesy

blakeaholics

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:37:37 AM

To reiterate:
I am talking about any sort of cryptography/hashing/encryption, not the method in which they choose to reward physical activity.  Grin Grin Angry Kiss
I'd decompiled the old app before they obfuscated the code and there was nothing of the sort in it. Sending and receiving to their servers was in plain-text.

Like I said, not the algorithm they use to reward coins BUT BASIC ENCRYPTION. I'm not looking to have this conversation with you DOGEbubble since you don't seem to have any technical experience with the app.

Please let the appropriate people answer instead of spamming your huge walls of weirdly formatted text full of nonsense and bury the question.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 07:10:30 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 07:31:58 AM by DOGEbubble

I do not need to answer you questions further.
I was just trying to respond to you questions about My initial use of "Algo"

1) I was trying to point out that certainly Mangocoinz use Sort of Algo but it is not a Hashing-Algo.
2) Even if it was improper use of "algo" nothing is wrong in using it in a broader language use- Just like we are saying we are "mining" which however has become a standard word in the Crypto world.
3) Are we talking under this thread ending  wth " Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone" but it is doubtful and MCZ is not even a "crypto"? Do you mean that. If so, you are not the first one. I do not believe that should even be a question.  I would be terribly anxious to get it clarified.

Let somebody else answer either the above points or other questions you were asking.
But do not say it is nonsense when someone is responding to some of questions responding to his posted talk.
 Cheesy

gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:44:02 PM

MangoCoinz is quite literally the been and eez. Has anu one tried the Web wallet yet?

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 07:55:57 AM

I have 2 webwallets. Sending MCZ among them and my smartphone is surely a breeze.  Cheesy

throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:18:12 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 07:52:59 PM by throwingbones1

Hi I am a long time user of mcz, and have spent many hours generating coins to get to the figure i hold today.

But, i have recently upgraded my android phone to get 5.0 lollipop.

When searching for the mcz app I noticed there were 2 to choose from.

Obviously this was quite confusing, but I just installed the orange one as I know and trust this icon, and thought it would be the best thing to do.

I am now logged in and can see all my coins, but my concern is what is the other blue mcz app on Google play?

If you are planning to migrate users to a new system will you backup my wallet?

Is their a roadmap of changes that explains your goals?

Thanks in advance.

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 11:02:53 AM

The old app doesnt mine anymore. You have to download the new app, register and send your coins from the orange app to the blue app!

You can still use the orange app to storage your coins.

The only big issue.. You have to pay a fee when you transfer your coins to the new app. ( 1% )

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:32:44 PM

The old app doesnt mine anymore. You have to download the new app, register and send your coins from the orange app to the blue app!

You can still use the orange app to storage your coins.

The only big issue.. You have to pay a fee when you transfer your coins to the new app. ( 1% )

OK thanks for the update, will the blue mcz app superseed the orange mcz app?

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:21:41 PM

Hey everybody,

We've just uploaded the latest version of MangoCoinz which is v0.8.3 and it brings with it bug and crash fixes.
Also, now while mining, the notification LED blinks to indicate that everything is working as it should.

Please tell us if there are any bugs/crashes, and if the app now works and it previously didn't.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:08:08 PM

Nice work devs finally you came through Wink

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: