Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:08:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164524 times)
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:25:35 AM

I have the old wallet.(orange) android  Still OK to use it as a holding place for my coins?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:59:02 AM

I have the old wallet.(orange) android  Still OK to use it as a holding place for my coins?

sure I have a lot in orange wallet. but you can't mine

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:43:07 PM

Aren't we missing something?

=================================================================================
Good! Let's compare Mangocoinz to Bitcoin.

BTC block time 10 min, Block reward 25 BTC   <------- This is not even scaled.

MCZ block time 0.0-1.5 seconds, block reward (variable)  0.000-0.053 MCZ   <--------- This is highly scaled "Decimals"

https://mangocoinz.com/blockchain
==================================================================================
In order to maintain its present attractive status for all smartphone users to become miners and usesr and to stay so for the foreseeable future, there are going to be problems.

Bitocoin, other than being a de facto standard, is not popular or mineable by most users. MCZ is different and it will surpass Bitcoin.

Now, there are around 40-100 block rewards per minute (based on my estimates over the past few days) for Mangocoins and this occurred by the boasted > 2500 or higher users.

One day, God forbids, if ,e.g., 25 millions of smartphone users are active miners, and up to 1 million block rewards per minutes would probably occur by that times. Now, even if the block rewards are reduced to 0.0005 MCZ, up to 1 million x 0.0005 x24x60 or up to 0.7 million MCZ would be mined daily- the rewards would need to be more or less proportionally decreased long before that; otherwise, the mining would be ended in few weeks.

There are hundred of millions of smartphone sells per year ( and increasing.)

Bitcoin did not start first block rewards of few BTC per block and not even now.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:38:23 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 02:57:51 PM by digit

Aren't we missing something?

=================================================================================
Good! Let's compare Mangocoinz to Bitcoin.

BTC block time 10 min, Block reward 25 BTC   <------- This is not even scaled.

MCZ block time 0.0-1.5 seconds, block reward (variable)  0.000-0.053 MCZ   <--------- This is highly scaled "Decimals"

https://mangocoinz.com/blockchain
==================================================================================
In order to maintain its present attractive status for all smartphone users to become miners and usesr and to stay so for the foreseeable future, there are going to be problems.

Bitocoin, other than being a de facto standard, is not popular or mineable by most users. MCZ is different and it will surpass Bitcoin.

Now, there are around 40-100 block rewards per minute (based on my estimates over the past few days) for Mangocoins and this occurred by the boasted > 2500 or higher users.

One day, God forbids, if ,e.g., 25 millions of smartphone users are active miners, and up to 1 million block rewards per minutes would probably occur by that times. Now, even if the block rewards are reduced to 0.0005 MCZ, up to 1 million x 0.0005 x24x60 or up to 0.7 million MCZ would be mined daily- the rewards would need to be more or less proportionally decreased long before that; otherwise, the mining would be ended in few weeks.

There are hundred of millions of smartphone sells per year ( and increasing.)

Bitcoin did not start first block rewards of few BTC per block and not even now.

mcz does not have blocks, those are syncs.  they are not blocks being mined and no work is being doned.  the blockchain page is only able to give some transparency and show the flow/generation of MCZ to users.

unless MCZ app is getting bundled in smartphones in china, highly improbably we would ever have 25M miners.  25 million users however could happen, and currently they are able purchase whole units of MCZ relatively cheap, just like how people could buy 100 or 1000 BTC for a $1 years ago.  

This is also seems to be assumption that the only future and purpose for mangoz is one where people are only are "mining" instead of investment/holding and of course using it as a currency for goods and trading. The transactions are fast because there is no mining, it is a central server/db updates users when they sync their phones.  no blockchain being kept on peoples devices, this is one advantage of a MCZ over typical altcoins, is that everyone can use it immediately without delays.  This is similar to ripple or stellar centralization, except we do not have some greedy scam devs who gave themselves 97% of the coins to inflate their marketcap and give themselves a free ride to riches on the 3% they doled out to users.  Everyone shaking or buying MCZ right now is buying into a coin with a supply that has been more fairly created then ripple/stellar and a great number of altcoins that had premines by scam devs on them.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:55:33 PM

Thank you for your expert clarification of "Blocks".

It is true that Mangocoinz, unlike Bitcoin, does not have block rewards with fixed block time and reward amount for a certain period of time.

It is equally true that the amounts of Mangocoins on the synced (non-hashing) rewards (per minute) have similar or at least some effects on the magnitudes and scales of Mangocoin denominations.  Cheesy

myxiao7

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:58:00 PM

Great!,if 1mcz become 100mcz,I will buy as many mcz as i can.Dev,pls implement this change as soon as possible.Thank you very much! Dogecoin have 300 billion coins, the price is 61 satos! Mcz will return 30k satos after this change! Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Cheesy Cheesy
YKmoment

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:43:37 PM

In short, having New Mangocoin vs Old Mangocoin, by name, in facts does not even need to change a thing in the database files.

It is simply a matter of how it is displayed and how it is called.  Therefore, it would look more just like this

Total:
                         http://htxp://www.picgifs.com/generated/namegen/55d90aedc1bd9.gif

*This is new Mangocoin; this is the same as 125.00 old Mangocoins.

Or anythings to that effect.  Cheesy

6 months- one year after the change and upgrades by the whole community, the footnote would be probably no longer necessary.  Cheesy

as soon as this change occurs there would be a massive dump on standing orders on exchanges, inflating the number of coins in this manner not a trivial thing.  Do people really want to own 1000NewMangos at 0.0000003BTC instead of 1 MCZ at 0.0003BTC ?  and we do have this thing called decimals, what wrong with owning 0.5 MCZ if in future it trades for 0.004 or $2?  

the purpose of this change seems to be to satisfy a demand for to own "more" coins like how a government/central bank would by issuing more but decreasing the power of each coin Sad
why would you want intentionally resist a higher demand for your current MCZ and the result of a increased price/exchange rate for them?  Huh

whatever happens exchanges would need to informed in advanced so markets can be frozen and orderbooks cleared, it would be terrible for mangocoinz if someone accidently bought NewMCZ at the old price. Sad

I agree 100% decimals and use terminology for the new decimals. JuSt like bitcoin has a satoshi.
It's the only way to do it and keep credibility

Yes lets call 0.0001 mcz 1 srele Cheesy
niceal

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:20:22 PM

Hi Dev,i Support 1mcz—>100mcz  Wink
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 05:37:55 PM

If we are not very obsessive of always having to call every things here Mangocoin~ or MCZ~, start using "Srele" (or any terms to that effect) as the only major denomination for mangocoinz rewards, transactions, and balances would be the least confusing ways of achieving what we may want.

In this case, the display would be    Total:  xx,xxx Sreles               Click for Balance in MCZ    

Now, you would start to be rewarded    1-530 Sreles (i.e., 0.0001-0.0530 MCZ) per minute mining Mangocoinz, you would get up to 60,000 or more Sreles per day.

There were plenty of  cryptos starting block rewards of 10,000 or more.

For exchange(s), they would just need to be told to trade in Srele denomination. People, including those trading at the exchange(s) in china would be immediately excited?  Huh

As to speculation of Mangocoinz on the markets,
with or without any change in Mangocoinz denominations, the values, uses and prices of Mangocoinz would rise up very soon and steadily unlike other cryptos where miners are usually not necessarily users, traders or "bagholders."  Cheesy

I am favoring the change to either  new MCZ vs old MCZ   or   Srele (=0.0001 MCZ) vs MCZ.

The reasons are not prices although you would expect to have at least short-term (& usually confusing effects) in helping prices to rise, not unusually seen in trading of equities or commodities when splits happen.

The Mangocoinz has yet to solve some of bugs for Android phones and Apple store Mangocoinz App has been anticipated to be released soon.
The price will not rise much until the time is right but Unless the iphone Mangocoinz users respond better (, " I think")and I have not seen any fast propagating effects in Android phone user bases, any supporting trading activities would be futile and short-lived just like most cryptos.

I only trade at the BANX.io where only sells of less than 300 MCZ per order are listed; not much for me to buy up. Feel free to come to put large sell orders here.  Cheesy

YKmoment

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:09:35 PM

If we are not very obsessive of always having to call every things here Mangocoin~ or MCZ~, start using "Srele" (or any terms to that effect) as the only major denomination for mangocoinz rewards, transactions, and balances would be the least confusing ways of achieving what we may want.

In this case, the display would be    Total:  xx,xxx Sreles              https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVRbdw33ODk7VrwaugLmgBEZZqQpWtXa-kZHyMR7R-krVq4UhtTw Click for Balance in MCZ    

Now, you would start to be rewarded    1-530 Sreles (i.e., 0.0001-0.0530 MCZ) per minute mining Mangocoinz, you would get up to 60,000 or more Sreles per day.

There were plenty of  cryptos starting block rewards of 10,000 or more.

For exchange(s), they would just need to be told to trade in Srele denomination. People, including those trading at the exchange(s) in china would be immediately excited?  Huh

As to speculation of Mangocoinz on the markets,
with or without any change in Mangocoinz denominations, the values, uses and prices of Mangocoinz would rise up very soon and steadily unlike other cryptos where miners are usually not necessarily users, traders or "bagholders."  Cheesy

I am favoring the change to either  new MCZ vs old MCZ   or   Srele (=0.0001 MCZ) vs MCZ.

The reasons are not prices although you would expect to have at least short-term (& usually confusing effects) in helping prices to rise, not unusually seen in trading of equities or commodities when splits happen.

The Mangocoinz has yet to solve some of bugs for Android phones and Apple store Mangocoinz App has been anticipated to be released soon.
The price will not rise much until the time is right but Unless the iphone Mangocoinz users respond better (, " I think")and I have not seen any fast propagating effects in Android phone user bases, any supporting trading activities would be futile and short-lived just like most cryptos.

I only trade at the BANX.io where only sells of less than 300 MCZ per order are listed; not much for me to buy up. Feel free to come to put large sell orders here.  Cheesy

"I am favoring the change to either  new MCZ vs old MCZ   or   Srele (=0.0001 MCZ) vs MCZ."
The former,new MCZ vs old MCZ,is better than the other one.

I actualy like srele over old and new mcz, old and new mcz can be confusing and unclear to new users...

http://i.giphy.com/l41lGb8P9ISs6GJy0.gif
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:30:58 PM

Now there is s great idea. I will have many srele's in my wallet

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:18:51 AM

Now there is s great idea. I will have many srele's in my wallet

LMAO,dude,how old are you?
We only wanna MCZ,not srele.
If there is not 1—>100mcz,i am sure all buy orders will be cancelled very soon.
You all silly cunning guys here,anybody will put big buy orders on the exchanges later? Tell me,thanks.
Too naive,too simple!
We are tired.
Devteam,please give us a definite answer.
Thank you.
Best wishes.
So are you saying having 1 million satoshis in 1 bitcoin is equally as stupid?

I mean I though that is what gave bitcoin the potential price rise.

If you have just more mangocoinz then each coin will be worth a lot less. It's like when a government prints money. What happens then like what happened in Zimbabwe.

P's I'm an old man I'm afraid.

To peel or not to peel.
longji

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:07:45 PM

I support 1mcz=>100mcz
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:11:50 PM

I support 1mcz=>100mcz

So there seams to be a lot of support for this. Is there any particular reason why you support this as opposed to having smaller decimal denominations?

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 01:25:37 PM

We have been told and warmed that at the present prices for Joincoin:

• No buy orders
  • No body wants to buy
  • Prices won't rise
  • No cryptos will be able to rise above $10
  • Divide and Conquer?
  • Divide and Conquer?
  • Divide and Conquer?

They are right: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/

(This is a list ranked by the $ value of each coin.)

Tell me which one among the list has value greater $10 that has a supply of greater than 10,000 coins?
Only Bitcoin.

Hey, I am not superstitious.  This is statistics.   Cheesy

The price of a coin does have psychological effect on the people who want to own them !!!    Grin  Huh

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:55:45 PM

We have been told and warmed that at the present prices for Joincoin:

• No buy orders
  • No body wants to buy
  • Prices won't rise
  • No cryptos will be able to rise above $10
  • Divide and Conquer?
  • Divide and Conquer?
  • Divide and Conquer?

They are right: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/

(This is a list ranked by the $ value of each coin.)

Tell me which one among the list has value greater $10 that has a supply of greater than 10,000 coins?
Only Bitcoin.

Hey, I am not superstitious.  This is statistics.   Cheesy

The price of a coin does have psychological effect on the people who want to own them !!!    Grin  Huh

Nice statistics but was this means for the mangos thread? Interesting to see the coins value thiugh. Like it

To peel or not to peel.
niceal

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:04:45 PM

Hi Dev,Don't hesitate, time is precious!
1mcz—>100mcz Thanks.
We still have a lot of things to do.
I find that things are back to the origin.
There are some interesting things to change the status quo.
We need to speed up the pace.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 10:52:16 PM

The quote #1571 I posted above was summarizing what the Chinese Groups are telling us

and more specifically

1.pls view the coinmarketcap: http://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all , take eyes on the world's top 200 crypto currency,how many coins have a price>1 dollar?
nearly 20,and 3/4 among these 20 coins are dead,scam or new coin. am i right? pls correct me.
mcz as a centralized coin,is there any fool guy here suppose that we will have a high price,just like btc,ltc,eth,or dash?
yes,now the price is 20k satos,but it is mere because of few coins were mined,1 million yet.miners dump their coins day by day,and get the money back to buy more cheap second hand old mobiles,then mine more and dump...
few coins in the world's top 200 list have a high price as 20k satos,it mean our mcz price have little possibility to increase more.
1=>>100 mcz will lower the price,miners will buy coin,instead of buying moblies.investors will come.
is anybody here have bought any mcz at the current price? seem none.

1) There are moments of truth, something you did not see and or cannot explain to them or us why, for whatever reasons, the diversified cryptocoins with their available supply and vast differences among all of them and a total of hundreds of them,

You can not find many decent cryptos with coin price higher than $1. The one I posted above showed that none of than are valued higer than $10 except Bitcoin itself.

2) A lot coins had smaller decimal denominations being used formally in exchanges by using milli-UnitCoin, etc., (which automatic tells you, "psychologically" that it is miniscule,) unlike using a separate Unit or Name.

3) A crypto's price is not fixed by the  Total value/unit of coin. It does not represent a geographical area, a defined population and it is not controlled by a central bank. The total value/price would change, depending on the how appealing it is to people and Mangocoin is competing with other cryptos for limited but changing supply of digital currency assets at any moment. This effect is Extrinsic to simple intrinsic (probably only short-term effects) of  

Price of coin=  Fixed total market cap/total MCZ supply   =     1000 x   of   price of coin= Fixed total market cap /1000x MCZ.

There are overall long-term effects of popularization on the value of a crypto,  posted elsewhere and to date, it is still accurate.  Cheesy

quote #483, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737405.480

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:54:23 PM

I still find this hard to understand I really do. Why would having 100 times more mangocoinz benefit us as well as the value dropping by 100 times? I agree that we need smaller amounts to get new users motivated so we could call them srele's or something related to an early stage of growth of a mango. But why devalue a good alt coin?  We can break it down into decimals, users would be happy and we can have micro transactions.
I will listen to any good reason but I haven't heard a good reason so far why 1 mcz should equal 100 mcz. I am not trying to make anyone look stupid I really really really just do not understand at all. How would it benefit anyone?

To peel or not to peel.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:21:58 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 09:05:50 AM by DOGEbubble

The truth is that they are not comfortable and do not believe that MCZ will rise much to, say above $4, when other only decent top 10 $coin-value cryptos, such as Litecoin or DASH are even not $4 per coin yet.

It does not matter to me.

Even if there is no change, the value and prices of Mangocoinz will rise by the vast increase in user bases, and probably surpass Bitcoin $coin-price.. but the whole process would be probably much, much slower without the proposed change and their ardent supports.

Hey, anybody believe what I said ?    Probably none. We shall see.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: