Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CON] PayCon™ HI POS | LiteStake | Multisend | TOR | Android  (Read 179126 times)
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:32:36 PM

At this point, I'm running every other mined block gets rejected. Here's an example below. I'm out in the boonies, so my bandwidth is not super huge... is this what's causing this or do I have something else going on?

Date: 4/23/2015 22:36
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 CON
Net amount: -652.00 CON
Transaction ID: 28b0788613c12255bd9f4e132ffe2a27f47658939a45feaa6b9221423df79a4d

I would think that would be due to your bandwidth as it would not be broadcasting it right away and the consensus is already on a higher block, I'll look at it though.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:54:10 PM

At this point, I'm running every other mined block gets rejected. Here's an example below. I'm out in the boonies, so my bandwidth is not super huge... is this what's causing this or do I have something else going on?

Transaction ID: 28b0788613c12255bd9f4e132ffe2a27f47658939a45feaa6b9221423df79a4d

Do you have slow internet speed? With the liteStake code, everyone hashes in bursts at a time. When a new block is accepted by the network, a new round of hashing starts. Everyone basically starts this together and sometimes it means more than one person finds a hash at the same time. It then turns into a race to broadcast your stake to the network first.

I have some improvements to the liteStake code that I have been formulating that should help battle this issue.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
chukcha

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:27:14 PM

Just registered in this creepy con forum to say: me likes this con!
Me knows zero about coding, cryptography for me ended with the enigma machine, but me loves this project because everybody is having fun with it, it has no strings attached and it actually works very well.

Now as any aspiring conman I will try to say something apparently smart (but don get used to it, I will have more doubts than useful contributions).
Why not create a community wallet, something like "Deposit, and get rich!" to fund the promotion projects that are on the table (paycoin relief fund, giveaways etc.) Crestington (or any other trusted member of the community) would admin it and spend it accordingly to the group discussion.

Not that I am a Rockefeller (just got onboard), but I would be happy to redirect some stakes from via multisend there. The technology exists, we just need to use it.

Future wallets could actually come with something like 20% of the stake sent to the con community fund by default  (with the option to disable it, we are honest conmen after all)!

flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:13:07 PM

I vote for this coin, but, you know, there are some circumstances for it to succeed. Paycoin is dying... PayCON. The time IS NOW. I hope there will be multiple initiatives to promote the coin and the stuff. Go for it! I'm invested. You know what to do!

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:24:20 PM

Just registered in this creepy con forum to say: me likes this con!
Me knows zero about coding, cryptography for me ended with the enigma machine, but me loves this project because everybody is having fun with it, it has no strings attached and it actually works very well.

Now as any aspiring conman I will try to say something apparently smart (but don get used to it, I will have more doubts than useful contributions).
Why not create a community wallet, something like "Deposit, and get rich!" to fund the promotion projects that are on the table (paycoin relief fund, giveaways etc.) Crestington (or any other trusted member of the community) would admin it and spend it accordingly to the group discussion.

Not that I am a Rockefeller (just got onboard), but I would be happy to redirect some stakes from via multisend there. The technology exists, we just need to use it.

Future wallets could actually come with something like 20% of the stake sent to the con community fund by default  (with the option to disable it, we are honest conmen after all)!

PayCon Muggle Felief Fund is already in motion and we will have 450,000 CON for this initiative (about 7.5% of all CON). I will get a pre-announcement of the announcement up today as it IS Friday and it's great to have a Friday announcement.

It's all set to go and will host the giveaway on the gethashing forums, PayCon holders would also be welcome to take part and would start next Friday.

With the community wallet we can get some more ideas on it, might not be good to source Stakes automatically unless turned off because then new people won't know how to turn it off but we could just change the example address in the wallet to the community address and also put a note in the Stake For charity and Multi-Send so people know it's a community wallet and have the option of sending to that address. Preferably I like to have as little actual control over this stuff, someone as a community manager other than me would probably be better.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:47:58 AM

I vote for this coin, but, you know, there are some circumstances for it to succeed. Paycoin is dying... PayCON. The time IS NOW. I hope there will be multiple initiatives to promote the coin and the stuff. Go for it! I'm invested. You know what to do!

As you wish..

PayCon™ presents......

The Muggle Relief Fund™

The PayCon™ Muggle Relief Fund™ will be a hosted event from Friday May 1st to Friday May 8th 2015, during this time PayCon™ Bagholders™ will give away an excess of more than 250,000 CON to members of the gethashing community that want to share their stories. This event will be open to everyone, past, present and back to the future, in the spirit of Crypto it will be completely biased with NO transparency and NO rules.

Giveaway will ONLY be held on the gethashing forum giveaway thread: https://forum.gethashing.com/t/paycon-muggle-relief-fund-giveaway-may-1st-8th-2015/3158

This is a pre-announcement, full details will be coming soon™

candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:58:05 AM

Cheesy

This could get pretty interesting. I'm happy to hold a community wallet, at least for this particular venture. I'll add it to my sig. 

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:15:25 AM

Cheesy

This could get pretty interesting. I'm happy to hold a community wallet, at least for this particular venture. I'll add it to my sig. 

I've been making little edits to the OP here and there, we also have a thread on the gethashing forums now for PayCon https://forum.gethashing.com/t/con-paycon-get-your-con-on/3111

I have also updated the Cryptoplays main thread https://cryptoplays.com/topic/44/paycon-get-your-con-on-general-coin-info-downloads-and-major-news

Also a thread there pointing to the giveaway. https://cryptoplays.com/topic/108/paycon-muggle-relief-fund-giveaway-may-1st-to-may-8th-2015
Buckeye2015

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:14:40 AM

Do you have slow internet speed? With the liteStake code, everyone hashes in bursts at a time. When a new block is accepted by the network, a new round of hashing starts. Everyone basically starts this together and sometimes it means more than one person finds a hash at the same time. It then turns into a race to broadcast your stake to the network first.

I have some improvements to the liteStake code that I have been formulating that should help battle this issue.

well, i may be a good tester for that... i'm a bit out in the boonies and the squirrels can only run the bits so fast... then, when the wind blows down a bunch of acorns... half of the little buggers take break and i'm off line for a few seconds.

PayCON: PHQAtLmwRXTskGqry1FBuFLnWuqMzcj1TH   --==*==--  Qora: QcgdKgPD1SkqzGXWGAY1gwao7257gyGVnB   --==*==--  BitCoin: 1L9NLA3wHcGwffm2avVg3tzhDGjtq9
flyingplows

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:29:41 AM

Anyone interested to get in? Get your CON now! Go to c-cex and grab some, it's very cheap atm. Some non-believers are dumping, just don't buy at selling price, place a buy order and get some dirt cheap Wink Cheers Smiley

Buckeye2015

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:05:17 AM

Wallet Question:

On the transactions screen, when I open the details on coins sent to me by someone else (as opposed to mined transactions), it always says "From: Unknown"
Why doesn't it give me the original address?  (I know I can look at the transaction in the explorer)... but, I'm working on some documentation...
When it doesn't say "Unknown" what would be shown there?  My address book label? The original sending address?  A really kewl joke?

Thanks

PayCON: PHQAtLmwRXTskGqry1FBuFLnWuqMzcj1TH   --==*==--  Qora: QcgdKgPD1SkqzGXWGAY1gwao7257gyGVnB   --==*==--  BitCoin: 1L9NLA3wHcGwffm2avVg3tzhDGjtq9
apoloo

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:08:31 PM

I still have a question about staking is it LIFO (last in first out) or FIFO (first in first out) based.
I mean if let's say I got 1000 coins and buy 100 more and then sell 100 after some hours - have I sold the first coins from that 1000 or the same 100 coins that just moved in.
Can't wait to begin staking (got some coins already) Cool

The wallet is set up so that it sends out coins from the block with the least weight(LIFO), however when I send, I use coin control to be sure that I'm using the coins from the block that makes the most sense for the situation. Sometimes it's better to use a block that is a little older, but the right size for what I'm sending. It usually doesn't make all that much difference(a fraction of a day), but if the youngest block isn't large enough for what you are sending, it may pull from another older block anyway. So I will just use the older block, so as to not reset the age of the younger block as well.

Crestington has a nice explanation of coin control in the OP

I download good portfolio 5 days ago and I do not have that tool in the portfolio, I prodria say what you have to download me to leave me that tool
flyingplows

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:10:28 PM

I would really like PayCON added on twitch.tv. It would help attracting more investors and it's the perfect coin to tip the streamers you follow.
It might seem too far fetched, but if they word it correctly, I think they have a niche chance. Just because...

candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

I still have a question about staking is it LIFO (last in first out) or FIFO (first in first out) based.
I mean if let's say I got 1000 coins and buy 100 more and then sell 100 after some hours - have I sold the first coins from that 1000 or the same 100 coins that just moved in.

The wallet is set up so that it sends out coins from the block with the least weight(LIFO), however when I send, I use coin control to be sure that I'm using the coins from the block that makes the most sense for the situation. Sometimes it's better to use a block that is a little older, but the right size for what I'm sending. It usually doesn't make all that much difference(a fraction of a day), but if the youngest block isn't large enough for what you are sending, it may pull from another older block anyway. So I will just use the older block, so as to not reset the age of the younger block as well.

I download good portfolio 5 days ago and I do not have that tool in the portfolio, I prodria say what you have to download me to leave me that tool

Maybe coin control hasn't been enabled in your wallet.
Tools>Options>Display>Display Coin Control Features

Hope this helps

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
apoloo

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:05:37 PM

si muchas gracias Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:53:35 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 07:51:32 PM by 5ick3uffalo

Hope this helps

Cres, this needs to be in the OP also

Not everybody is experienced enough to get to the hidden gem through Coin Control ( There is a picture in the OP , but i mean write the path to it also above : Tools > Options> Display)
And  "Litestake" , minimize wheigt consumption.

Maybe use darkmode picture from new wallet?
Not everyone likes darkmode, but most i guess. That´s why there should option / theme also standard. ( i use dark)
Just minor stuff to make it more clear  Wink

PS: Love the "Muggle-funds" ! It´s very nice

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:02:08 PM

Why not have coin control enabled by default in the code?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:37:18 PM

So many questions! I'll try to answer them all in one post.

Coin Control is enabled by default in the newest versions, if you do not have the black theme then you must download the latest version available in the OP as there is a hardfork occurring on May 1st. If for some reason you do not have Coin Control enabled, you can navigate to the "tools" menu, then "options" then click on the "display" tab and choose from enabling Coin Control, displaying receiving addresses in which you received Coins in the transaction list, and use of minimal Coinage (experimental but recent use of Coin Control may make it redundant).

I would really like PayCON added on twitch.tv. It would help attracting more investors and it's the perfect coin to tip the streamers you follow.
It might seem too far fetched, but if they word it correctly, I think they have a niche chance. Just because...

I love twitch.tv I remember they did Pokémon Red a few months back and Ash's bad side kept him in check, would be great for tipping to sway the evil tide Tongue

i like this con from day to day more.
it´s very Special Smiley
crestington?what´s about to add Paycon to the Blitz community.
please contact them to add Paycon there.

The more places CON can be added the better, I have OP's on Bitcointalk, Cryptoplays, and Gethashing. I don't think I could manage all of them though, the more OP's and editing I need to do, the less time I have for coding and other stuff. This also comes into a point I try to stress, that a Coin is a accumulation of the holders so there is generally one or two people who are elected to manage the source, OP's or do coding but really anyone could be the leader of those things and it's good to outsource as much as possible. There is an attribution to Cryptocurrencies that it is like a company with one person at the top making all the decisions and in a way it is similar to that as people want to have someone to go to that can help solve problems they may have but anyone can be leader, it's really who has decided that they want to be that person for the benefit of everyone.

In the case of multiple forums and places to go, it strengthens the whole community like a contingency plan. It is good to have 1-2 places in which people can gather and share ideas and have places in which people can share ideas for privately but it's also good to have many different forums and places to so that if there is not one place in which lost, would lose that work.

Wallet Question:

On the transactions screen, when I open the details on coins sent to me by someone else (as opposed to mined transactions), it always says "From: Unknown"
Why doesn't it give me the original address?  (I know I can look at the transaction in the explorer)... but, I'm working on some documentation...
When it doesn't say "Unknown" what would be shown there?  My address book label? The original sending address?  A really kewl joke?

Thanks

You can check the Block Explorer to find the address that sent you the Coins via the Transaction ID. If you enable the "display of addresses" in the options menu, it will show your address that received that amount.

presstab has been doing some fantastic work on a more advanced in-wallet Block Explorer for HyperStake so what we could do is cherry pick the parts of it we would want for PayCon and pay presstab for using his code. Most every Coin is open source and features from any Coin are interchangeable but it's good to give credit and pay the developers when you take those features, it makes them happy because they get more money for code they've spent time creating without having to really do anything and are more likely to even help with one or two things if stuck on integrating something.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:37:46 PM

Why not have coin control enabled by default in the code?

It is enabled by default
flyingplows

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:40:26 PM

You see? All these other cloned shitcoins are dying @BitcoinT [BT] left and right, and PayCON surviving. It's all it does and more. Next scam coin going down is Paycoin, cause it's not legit either.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: